AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Old 2007-02-26, 08:00   Link #1
Jisatsu

Tenkuu Senki Shurato 09-10 [Arcadia]

Group: Arcadia's Shulato Shrine
Short name: Arcadia
Site: http://www.tenkuukai.com/

Torrent: http://datorrents.com/download.asp?i...dia%5D.torrent
Jisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:28   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You really want to create a playback complaint headache for us, don't you? Your subtitle files aren't even named the same as your video files. That means most players won't realize there are any subtitles to play. This will cause many people to post about how they don't see any subtitles because they just don't understand.

Naturally I cannot choose not to list a show because of potential playback headaches. However we can disallow this for reasons of including raws with separate subtitle files. (Yeah, we list softsubbed anime, but we do have rules against straight raws.)

Please fix the subtitles by either hardsubbing this or otherwise including the subtitles and video in the same file. Once you do that, I'll be glad to list it.

PS. Are you associated with Arcadia in any way? Do you have her permission to use her scripts?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:30   Link #3
Jisatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You really want to create a playback complaint headache for us, don't you? Your subtitle files aren't even named the same as your video files. That means most players won't realize there are any subtitles to play. This will cause many people to post about how they don't see any subtitles because they just don't understand.

Naturally I cannot choose not to list a show because of potential playback headaches. However we can disallow this for reasons of including raws with separate subtitle files. (Yeah, we list softsubbed anime, but we do have rules against straight raws.)

Please fix the subtitles by either hardsubbing this or otherwise including the subtitles and video in the same file. Once you do that, I'll be glad to list it.
Well, I didn't realize it would be that much of a problem, I thought people were smart enough to know how .srt files works by now, looks like I was wrong.
Would just naming the subs files the same as the raw be enough? (I could do that for the next releases, but I think it would be stupid to create a new torrent for this one just to change filenames...) Unless it's really necessary to either hardsub or put this in a mkv... From what I understood of the "No raw anime" rule, I thought external subs were okay, my mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
PS. Are you associated with Arcadia in any way? Do you have her permission to use her scripts?
I sent an e-mail a few months ago (in October, I think) asking for permission, but never got an answer. Since the scripts page only says to give credit where credit is due, this is just what I did, since the release is entirely credited to Arcadia.

Thank you for your answer.
Jisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 05:22   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jisatsu View Post
Well, I didn't realize it would be that much of a problem, I thought people were smart enough to know how .srt files works by now, looks like I was wrong.
My experience has already shown me that an awful lot of people really are clueless about this. Most downloaders don't even know what an srt file is.

Quote:
Would just naming the subs files the same as the raw be enough? (I could do that for the next releases, but I think it would be stupid to create a new torrent for this one just to change filenames...) Unless it's really necessary to either hardsub or put this in a mkv... From what I understood of the "No raw anime" rule, I thought external subs were okay, my mistake again.
A couple of times external subs have made it to AnimeSuki, but it really isn't a great idea and we haven't let that happen recently. I'd rather you put all streams into the same container. You can choose hardsubs or softsubs as you prefer.

Quote:
I sent an e-mail a few months ago (in October, I think) asking for permission, but never got an answer. Since the scripts page only says to give credit where credit is due, this is just what I did, since the release is entirely credited to Arcadia.
That's good enough for me.

Thank you for being willing to work with us on this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote