AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 73 57.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-05, 20:53   Link #201
myopius

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't seen the episode 19 release on AnimeSuki yet.

The Geass's effects are very curious... Does the reason Suzuka found himself thinking "I'm so selfish... I just want to survive" on the island, have to do with the order to survive? If that's the case, it would be like that one order is reshaping all the aspects of who he is against his will unknowingly... So I hope not, yeah, or that's sad.

I instinctively dislike Schneizel. With a name like that you'd have to, and from the OP he looks a bit like a bastard, but his courtly graces really failed to charm me, instead inspiring a bit of nausea.

After that whole fight last episode... I'm glad it suddenly reverted to a relaxing one. The revelation at the end was nicely framed. The Euphemia/Lelouch talk was enjoyable to see. Only part I didn't like was Kallen getting chummy (using that weird term makes me feel dirty somehow...) with Suzaku. Although I approved of her constant and unhesitating malice toward him, I would have added some personal attacks or spit in his face maybe. Well, maybe. Anyway, I knew she was screwed from the moment she picked up a knife and started to charge against the God of Hand-to-Hand Combat..

Lots of hints at upcoming plots is always nice. The weird elevator thing and the new mecha rock. I enjoy Lloyd and C.C, and sure enough they had their moments this episode. So yeah... good stuff.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 21:29   Link #202
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
Just saw ep 19 subbed and It reall doesnt give the good role to suzaku.....
For all those who try to defend suzaku or at least to tamper our hatred of him, I m sorry but you "lost". Why? because in this episode suzaku himself admits that "he is terrible" and that he JUST want to survive.
Where have you been? He's been critizing and describing himself as an idiot/terrible person ever since the start of the series. In fact he states that is his weakness to Zero. It takes a lot for a person to admit his weaknesses and his flaws but it's who he is.

Quote:
That doesn't change anything. I found Suzaku a good character since the start of the series because of the person who he is - you understood back then that there was much that drove his way of thinking, and its now that we're unlocking just what that is.
Wait till the 3rd DVD comes out, I think we'll get some more unlocking.

Quote:
EDIT: OH and I wanted to add that scnheizel doesnt look nice at all. More like fake and weird. He says he did a bet,expecting that ninja suzaku survives and save euphemia while he ordered him to die? I fail to see his logic
When it comes to gambling, anything can happen. It was a chance to take out Zero once and for all and he took it, hoping that by some miracle Suzaku will pull out. (He admits this himself).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:02   Link #203
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Overal i really liked The Lulu-Euphie combo. I wonder if in future Lulu will use Geass on her .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-05 at 22:25.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:03   Link #204
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
It was a chance to take out Zero once and for all and he took it, hoping that by some miracle Suzaku will pull out. (He admits this himself).
Were the other rebels there as well (outside of Kallen that is)? If that's the case, there's even more reason for him to give the order. Suzaku by himself is outnumbered even with his frame and his ability. Schneizel has a beam of mass destruction which was good enough to cover the entire field. He could've taken them all out without having to worry about them getting away.

As for his attitude toward Suzaku, it's still suspect at this point.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:05   Link #205
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hahahaha Grand Theft Mecha indeed!

Lovely plot twist though, making Suzaku survive with the Geass but unfortunately that means court marshaled for disobeying order. I wonder how ninja boy suzaku is going to get out of this one since no one knows bout the power of Geass (except a select few).

Lelouch got busted by Euphie, that's gonna be interesting. Will Euphie side with Lelouch? I'm sure she sympathized with Lelouch and Nunnally plus i don't see Euphie bringing harm towards both of em directly.

She also let Lelouch know that Cornelia idolized his mother and investigated her murder. So i assume that Cornelia and Euphie are out of the murder suspect list though i doubt hostility will just end between Cornelia and Lelouch as they have very different ideal.

Schneizel stinks of a bad guy.... and he hit on Cecille!! (that's enough reason for him to a bad guy). Though i can see why he's related to Lelouch. Both of em are manipulators and can be charming or cold hearted when they choose to.

And they are making C.C learn how to pilot a Knightmare? omgz..... will she get Frame as well? haahaha, that's kinda funny.
Old 2007-03-05, 22:08   Link #206
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat
I wonder how ninja boy suzaku is going to get out of this one since no one knows bout the power of Geass (except a select few).
No one needs to know about Geass to set him free. Euphemia is there, and not to mention she got blasted at as well. She can testify in his stead.
Old 2007-03-05, 22:20   Link #207
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
No one needs to know about Geass to set him free. Euphemia is there, and not to mention she got blasted at as well. She can testify in his stead.
Testify about what?

Euphie cannot testify anything, because nothing she said can prove Suzaku innocent. The only thing Euphie can do is to free him through royal pardon, for as long as the fact that Suzaku was mind-controlled remained in the dark.

The problem with royal pardons, is that Suzaku wouldn't be so much proven innocent as much as "found guilty but got off scot-free anyway". Since Suzaku's promotion into Euphie's knighthood was already controversial, don't be surprised if the royal court start whispering damaging rumours...
Old 2007-03-05, 22:36   Link #208
Juvyniled

As it stands, Suzaku's acquittal is all speculation (if he IS in fact acquitted without unforeseen circumstances).
Old 2007-03-05, 22:39   Link #209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
As it stands, Suzaku's acquittal is all speculation (if he IS in fact acquitted without unforeseen circumstances).
Well, one of the spoilers floating around in the spoiler thread may explain a possible side effect of the inevitable release of Suzaku. One way or the other, Euphie isn't going to like it.
Old 2007-03-05, 22:54   Link #210
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
You do have to note, Euphemia wasn't in the cockpit to see what happen between Lelouch and Suzaku. So, there's nothing she can say to acquit Suzaku of disobeying that order. Hell she can't even change the order since it came from Schneizel which ranks higher than her.

Anyway, i havent read the spoilers but i can guess Suzaku is going to be removed from the Knighthood but will still remain with Lloyd and Cecille in the Tech department. Probably under the direct command of Schneizel after seeing Lancelot launched from Avalon in the OP.
Old 2007-03-05, 22:59   Link #211
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seems like all the siblings are coming out of the woodwork, could Schneizel be anymore of fairy i swear he was prancing when he walked PRANCING i dont call that smooth i call that cross dressing. However I must say i really enjoyed the time that Euphie and Lulu spent together. Its obvious that Lulu holds no animosity towards Euphie and that Euphie cares for him as well after all they are siblings. Euphie has also confirmed something i had talked about a few episodes back. It turns out that Lulus mother was Cornielas idol and that she research her death, again I say if Corneila knew that she was fighting her brother i think she would lose her nerve.

The Kallen Suzaku time was also intresting and also annoyed me to know end which Suzaku manages to do very easily to me. Everything he said only hurt Kallen more and he didnt even realize it. Everything he talked about basically said that Kallens brother died for nothing. Suzaku is very idealistic i dont have a problem with that the problem is, when some challenges that idealism with their own logic he losses his cool and breaks down to your methods achieve nothing, im so tired of hearing that. I wish Kallen would have been a little more mean to him but she got the point across Kallen is fiercely loyal to Zero i think Suzaku got a taste of that. I cant see Kallen looking at Suzaku without thinking traitor everytime she sees him

Also, again like he didnt learn from his last encounter he rushed into battle with a plan without looking at his surroundings and was ambushed again and he got Lancelot damaged AGAIN. Look before you leap

I was wondering when the second prince would show up im was freakin out when Avalon arrived. Its a pretty nice looking battle fortress cant complain about having one of those in your arsenel. The Guwain knigtmare Frame looks very interesting and even though its only a prototype that makes no difference Zero has scientist on his team that can finish the job or reverse engineer it.

I was little disappoint that Lulu ended up Geassing Suzaku i really wanted it never happen but at least the command he gave was perfect for getting Suzaku out of the way for a while. I just wish i knew what the hell that blast was it looked like sometype of Ion discharge or some type of disrupter beam. That and what are these ruins that Britannia are researching and what they have to do with Geass and C.C.

Anybody have guess as to where those torpedo boats come from at the end? Im thinking maybe Japanese loyalest that fleed to china during the war and are now making their move

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-03-05 at 23:09.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 23:18   Link #212
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Anybody have guess as to where those torpedo boats come from at the end? Im thinking maybe Japanese loyalest that fleed to china during the war and are now making their move
something like that. Chinese funded ex-japanese government led army.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:10   Link #213
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

aight suzaku and lelouch need to team up... and quickly.
Both of their arguments are stupid - Lelouche kills too many people, and Suzaku kills too many people by way of killing terrorists, and by not helping the 11's at all. Plus he just isnt making any progression in the way of making a peaceful world (he mindlessly follows orders and doesnt change anything). Really what they should be doing is killing those who deserve to die, the corrupt and those who suppress the numbers. Also some "community service" in the aid of the numbers should be in order. By taking out the truly evil you minimize the collateral while increasing the effectiveness. ~ and if a person isnt truly bad why not sit down and convince them with a good ol' fashioned debate

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 00:26   Link #214
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
Lelouche kills too many people
Says who?

If Lulu can pull off a bloodless revolution, then he's one of the most amazing man to ever walk the earth. He'd be Jesus himself.
I don't see any "unnecessary" casualties in his moves.
Most have been necessary military casualties of any revolution.

Heck, most revolutions are far, FAR bloodier than the one Order of the Black Knights are doing. Like, by hundredfold, easily.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:27   Link #215
Juvyniled

I would love to agree with you, but that defeats the purpose of the show. And besides, good guys win bad guys lose, I don't know how much anime you've watched, but that doesn't set up for a good or even semi-decent plot. You'd end up in a situation where Kira ends up dominating all, and everybody agrees with him. Lame.

Lelouch for one, does not care about the 11s (at least not as much as taking down the empire). Suzaku is just an anomaly at this point.

The shows you're looking for are like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. No one gets hurt and the bad guys always lose!

EDIT: Lelouch if anything is rather peaceful. Like aohige pointed out, he did not just kill anyone - he killed people he needed to. What you're seeing is an indirect result of his actions (aka Shirley's father).
Old 2007-03-06, 01:32   Link #216
antheonoileo

Quote:
I would love to agree with you, but that defeats the purpose of the show. And besides, good guys win bad guys lose, I don't know how much anime you've watched, but that doesn't set up for a good or even semi-decent plot. You'd end up in a situation where Kira ends up dominating all, and everybody agrees with him. Lame.
I have a small opinion like this: whether the political reality defeats the purpose of the show I don't know as i'm not the producer, but I always hope for a more realistic anime where politics is true politics and army hero is similar to what a real army hero is. And in fact no real hero is innocent

To the ep: I prefer the scenes of LuluxEuphie to SuzakuxKallen. The 1st is funny, flexible and warm. The latter - too much of stubborn and inflexible arguments
antheonoileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 01:43   Link #217
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Yay Fanservice!!

Naked Viletta *checked a few ep before*
Naked Karen *check*
Naked Euphie *check*
Semi-Naked C.C. *checked a few ep before*
and ultra cute klutzy Cecile ZOMG
Nina with... *shudders*

ahem, yeah, wonderful episode

Lancelot, Gawain, Avalon =/ are they going for the full package? Next thing we know, there's the 12 knights to counteract the four swords >_>
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 01:56   Link #218
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Actually, the whole Suzaku matter should be quite easy to handle.

If I recall properly, Schniezel had nothing to do with the order for Suzaku to hold Zero and die together. He ordered the missiles and Hadron to be shot with authority, but it did not specify anything about Suzaku. It was that racist officer who ordered Suzaku to stand down, die honourably, and promised him that he will be doing Britiannia good by dying.

Unless Schniezel wants to charge Suzaku as well, Euphie should have the power to disregard that officer's orders towards Suzaku. And considering how Schniezel seems okay with him in Lancelot and the Batre pardoning plus next episode's Ailancelot, I highly doubt he cares.

So, all Euphie needs to say is "Are you saying your order for him to die with Zero overrides my authority over my own Knight? Maybe you can share the same platform in the shooting range with him then, for defying a Britiannian Princess's orders."

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 02:19   Link #219
Juvyniled

Now I'm a bit confused. If Schneizel was not responsible for the order, does that mean that officer who made the call was in charge or was there some other superior on board? If Schneizel is not related to the incident, then Euphemia may or may not be able to use her authority against them.

... but then who overrode Euphemia's decision in the first place then?
Old 2007-03-06, 04:47   Link #220
HeartHunter
Big n00b

Its my opinion but I don't think Schniezel is trying to kill Suzaku, instead I got the vibes that he is trying to use him for something.

For earlier episode I think the geass on Suzaku "To live." is a good thing, since Suzaku has been seemingly suicidal recently. I think someone (Euphie or Schniezel or even Lulu) will stage a prison break. And isn't Lancelot who betrayed the Round? Somehow Suzaku might become survival-minded and become a 3rd-party? or join OoBK (very possible.)

About the rumor that Euphie will die - very possible since it could accelerate the plot further. Imagine what will Lulu, Cornelia, Suzaku do when they go berserked. Euphie will probably say "Please do not fight against Zero." before she die...
HeartHunter is offline   Reply With Quote