AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-11, 22:34   Link #1
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Mahou no Star Magical Emi

38 episodes (1985-86)
Production: Studio Pierrot

Studio Pierrot used to be a much bigger name back in the day. Shows like this one, Magical Angel Creamy Mami and Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala are a lot of fun. Without a lot of battle scenes and whatnot, the shows tend to be a little more freeform in content than many more recent series.

Although the production on this series seems kind of half-hearted, the magic acts definitely show some imagination.

Hats off to Miyuki no Tamari for digging another one out of the vaults.
Old 2004-06-11, 23:04   Link #2
Knuckles

I really like shows like Creamy Mami and Mahou no Star Magical Emi and just old school anime.
Is it the same magic line that Mii-chan in Popotan uses as the one that is used in Mahou no Star Magical Emi.
And if so, is it a kind of standard line in magical girl shows?
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 12:25   Link #3
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Yep, I'm really happy this one is being released!! Now, of the Pierrot magical girl titles, only Pastel Yumi is left, and, if you count it as one of the "Pierrot Magical Girls", Harborlight Motongatari/Fashion Lala Yori, which is what Fancy Lala was based on.
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 07:39   Link #4
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Yep, I'm really happy this one is being released!! Now, of the Pierrot magical girl titles, only Pastel Yumi is left, and, if you count it as one of the "Pierrot Magical Girls", Harborlight Motongatari/Fashion Lala Yori, which is what Fancy Lala was based on.
Only Pastel Yumi is really left. Fashion Lala was fansubbed on DVD by Anime Miners .

BTW, Anime Miners also fansubbed the entire Magical Emi series and its their translations that Miyuki is using (don't know if they asked authorization or not, but they're crediting the translator - Mikage).

Those interested in Fashion Lala or in getting the entire Magical Emi series quickly can use the Technogirls fansubs on DVD distribution

Fashion Lala:

Last edited by kuru; 2004-06-13 at 07:53.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 22:02   Link #5
Minky_Momo
Magic Princess

Pastel Yumi is a great Anime
It's pretty funny
I wonder when someone will start subbing this and Fashion Lala too
Minky_Momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 06:30   Link #6
SoupForInsanity
Kawaiiiiii

Send a message via AIM to SoupForInsanity Send a message via MSN to SoupForInsanity
I just love when old anime is fansubbed Magical Emi is cute, and I'm just happy for the "oldschool" anime in general- I live off the stuff XD
It's kind of a breather from some of the newer series out there that are just... blah. Does anyone agree?
SoupForInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 12:32   Link #7
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupForInsanity
I just love when old anime is fansubbed Magical Emi is cute, and I'm just happy for the "oldschool" anime in general- I live off the stuff XD
It's kind of a breather from some of the newer series out there that are just... blah. Does anyone agree?
Definitely--I like new anime, but "oldschool" 80s anime like this is what got me hooked on anime to begin with, so I'm always partial to it. I hadn't seen Magical Emi before but it's not bad so far, I'm very glad to see Miyuki picked it up.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 21:53   Link #8
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupForInsanity
Lots of old series stink, lots of new ones stink. There are only a few very good series in any given year.

What's nice is that the old and new series are different, so it's not like watching for the same things every time.

And of course when groups reach back for the older titles it invalidates the "fansub groups=warez kiddies" BS chanted over and over in certain threads in the forums.
Old 2004-06-17, 09:53   Link #9
sailorwaffles

Where to get?

Hello from Melbourne, Australia. I have become hooked on anime series and particular the mahou style. I am on the look out for some of the oldies like Pastel Yumi, Shoujo Lalabelle and Minky Momo. I am delighted that Emi is being 'torrented'. I would also love to get hold of Sweet Mint, but being on this side of the world anything that ever comes available is so expensive. Never mind. One day I'll fly overseas, go to Japan or the USA, spend a fortune on the ticket, see some of these series in a shop and think I have struck a bargain!
sailorwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 11:33   Link #10
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorwaffles
Hello from Melbourne, Australia. I have become hooked on anime series and particular the mahou style. I am on the look out for some of the oldies like Pastel Yumi, Shoujo Lalabelle and Minky Momo. I am delighted that Emi is being 'torrented'. I would also love to get hold of Sweet Mint, but being on this side of the world anything that ever comes available is so expensive. Never mind. One day I'll fly overseas, go to Japan or the USA, spend a fortune on the ticket, see some of these series in a shop and think I have struck a bargain!
Welcome! I'm so glad I've found another mahou shoujo fan! That's so cool....you've seen all the 80's magical girls, haven't you ? That's great.... And, yes, I'd really like to see Sweet Mint one day too. Have you seen it before?
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 02:29   Link #11
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Episode 8 was very nice. Any mahou shoujo series can come up with a likable main character or two. Pierrot's stories seem to emphasize the contrast between childhood and adulthood better than any others. Both the young character and the alter ego are shown to be leading interesting lives.

Mai gets away with a lot in the series; she's definitely a brat. But in this episode she was basically stuck being herself, instead of hiding behind "Emi."

Useless trivia: Jirou's cap is modelled on the old caps for the Yakult Swallows baseball team. Check out the Mitsuru Adachi banner for the Swallows fanclub at their website.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-09-17 at 12:58.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 06:15   Link #12
assirra

Hai there, first of all sorry for the thread necro but i recently came in contact with this anime and i like it a lot.
the problem is i cant find any episodes over 10 fansubbed or in english/japanese (dont real like french) so anyone knows a site/torrent where i can download those?
pm or post here plz,
thx if you wanna do that
assirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 15:39   Link #13
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
I've seen all episodes of Mahou Sensei Negima. Very Funny Series.
The Retelling Series Negima!? i've only seen the 1st 23 episodes. I read online the people making the fan Subs got Lazy and didn't sub the 24th, 25th, or 26th episodes yet.
I'm kinda in want to see what will happen. The only one's i have found online are in ITA subs or Raw Copies, Since i don't know Japanese, i can't translate them.

Still one of the funniest Anime's i have seen though.

Edit: Episode 24 was released a week ago.
Cross out the ITA Subs. i think i got that mixed up with Gunslinger Girl (Season 2).

Last edited by MasterJ633; 2008-08-21 at 14:26.
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 18:06   Link #14
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJ633 View Post
I've seen all episodes of Mahou Sensei Negima. Very Funny Series.
The Retelling Series Negima!? i've only seen the 1st 23 episodes. I read online the people making the fan Subs got Lazy and didn't sub the 24th, 25th, or 26th episodes yet.
I'm kinda in want to see what will happen. The only one's i have found online are in ITA subs or Raw Copies, Since i don't know Japanese, i can't translate them.

Still one of the funniest Anime's i have seen though.
Wrong thread, perhaps? lol
Old 2008-08-21, 14:24   Link #15
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugatosmk View Post
Wrong thread, perhaps? lol
I am? whoops.

Both Mahou Sensei Negima and Negima!? are good.

Edit:
38 episodes (1985-86)
Production: Studio Pierrot

Wow. Majorly the Wrong thread.

>_<
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 20:47   Link #16
Koritsu

anyone know where i can get the subs from anime miners or the raws? google won't help me this time
Koritsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:30   Link #17
frenchy_candytown
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to frenchy_candytown Send a message via MSN to frenchy_candytown Send a message via Skype™ to frenchy_candytown
My team (which is not big enough to be called "a team") is going to translate this in English ... I saw that only 10 episodes were released in English (Am I wrong?!) and this is really sad.
Old 2010-09-17, 13:43   Link #18
Koritsu

well after pulling some ropes i found english subtitles for all episodes from anime miners, but it sure was hard to find (even the info who subbed this was hard to find)
Old 2010-09-17, 15:10   Link #19
frenchy_candytown
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to frenchy_candytown Send a message via MSN to frenchy_candytown Send a message via Skype™ to frenchy_candytown
Are you saying that to tease the ones who like the anime or because you are willing to share them?!
Old 2010-09-17, 15:42   Link #20
Koritsu

gonna share it when edited and encoded, so it will take some time