AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-04, 05:54   Link #1
TBFBri10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
First anime made in Japan

I was looking up on Wikipedia for information about the "first anime" made in Japan and came across these two articles:

http://www.mastersofcinema.org/archive2005.htm (August 21st, 2005 article)

I found another source that had another 5 frames, but I lost my bookmarks when Firefox updated and can't currently locate that source.

I was wondering if anybody would know if there's anywhere on the Internet that exist these 50 frames. Being the "first anime" in Japan, I know they're rare, but I would think they'd have to exist on the Internet somehow.
TBFBri10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:59   Link #2
Nightfly
The eternal sleeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NL, Rotterdam
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Nightfly
wow it's pretty cool to know that indeed... how and when it all started

anyone know the date when it was 'released' ? (not gonna download it XD but i sure wanna know when anime started)

farest of anime that i know is a samurai serie, back in the 80's.. alongside Transformers
Nightfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 14:24   Link #3
Js2756
Thread Killer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfly View Post
wow it's pretty cool to know that indeed... how and when it all started

anyone know the date when it was 'released' ? (not gonna download it XD but i sure wanna know when anime started)

farest of anime that i know is a samurai serie, back in the 80's.. alongside Transformers
That 50 frame strip of celluloid is circa 1907. However, it must be noted that Japanese animation didn't really start to take off until the 60's with Tezuka leading the way.
__________________
My anime review blog:
www.livejournal.com/~js2756
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 16:56   Link #4
Nergol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
The first genuine anime series was Astroboy, in 1963.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 18:49   Link #5
capture
Saber's Husband XD
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Agree to Nergol's post...
__________________
capture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 19:09   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
What was the first Manga made ? , my memory fails me wasnt it a newstrip comic made by the creator of Astro Boy Osamu Tezuka but not Astro Boy
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 06:29   Link #7
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 288′0″N 8137′54″W
They found the Moving Picture already? Then I don't quite understand why Imokawa Mukuzo Genkanban no Maki still remiains the first anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol View Post
The first genuine anime series was Astroboy, in 1963.
You're correct, the first series. But not the first filmed animation, there are a few more before Astro.
__________________
This is my signature! Do you Rike it?
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 11:20   Link #8
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
QUICK!

Someone sub it!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 15:35   Link #9
Cythraul
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mittsu no Hanashi, Instant History and Otogi Manga Calendar all aired before Astro Boy. Astro Boy might be the best known early anime series, but it isn't the first.

First manga? Depends what you mean by the word. There are comical drawings that are closer to thousand years old, you know. If you mean comic strips, Rakuten Kitazawa started drawing comics for a Japanese newspaper in 1902.

As for the OP question, I second the request. I was able to find a total of nine different frames of it, so only 41 to go

@Aka: The animation OP talks about predates Imokawa Mukuzo Genkanban no Maki by 10 years. Maybe it doesn't count because there's no record of it's screening, I don't know...
Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 00:38   Link #10
TBFBri10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cythraul View Post
Mittsu no Hanashi, Instant History and Otogi Manga Calendar all aired before Astro Boy. Astro Boy might be the best known early anime series, but it isn't the first.

First manga? Depends what you mean by the word. There are comical drawings that are closer to thousand years old, you know. If you mean comic strips, Rakuten Kitazawa started drawing comics for a Japanese newspaper in 1902.

As for the OP question, I second the request. I was able to find a total of nine different frames of it, so only 41 to go

@Aka: The animation OP talks about predates Imokawa Mukuzo Genkanban no Maki by 10 years. Maybe it doesn't count because there's no record of it's screening, I don't know...
Where did you get that many from?
TBFBri10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 01:15   Link #11
Cythraul
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFBri10 View Post
Where did you get that many from?
Combine these two

Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 09:07   Link #12
K1ngHeatz
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I think the first anime show was astro boy with that creator of that manga XP I feel special for saying this ROFl
K1ngHeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 01:48   Link #13
TBFBri10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Well, I finally completed my 100 Year Celebration video. Is there a place on this website to post it, or are "AMVs" strictly prohibited (I did not see a board about it)?
TBFBri10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 09:49   Link #14
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philippines
Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo Send a message via Skype™ to mikeabundo
Arrow

Even back then, they were doing dramatic head turns.
__________________
mikeabundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 19:46   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I was a bit bored so I made a quick .gif of some of the frames posted above. I probably would have done it the first time around, but I missed the thread before.

__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 19:50   Link #16
User65554
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I was a bit bored so I made a quick .gif of some of the frames posted above. I probably would have done it the first time around, but I missed the thread before.

Very nice to see it moving. This is an interesting topic.

Now we just need the rest of the frames...
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.