AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-02, 20:07   Link #361
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

I LOVE the OP 人として軸がぶれている (Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru) and can't wait for it to be released~

Last edited by fallenangelash; 2007-08-02 at 20:22.
fallenangelash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 20:11   Link #362
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
does anyone know then the OP 人として軸がぶれている (Hito Toshite Jiku ga Bureteiru) single is coming out???
According to nipponsei, OP will be out 8/22
ED will be out 9/26
No OST date yet.
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 20:48   Link #363
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

I just started reading the manga. I haven't watched the anime but if the manga is any indication, the jokes will start to get very very Japanese. I doubt most western viewers will get some of the hardcore jokes. And they seem like very deadpan Japanese culture jokes. My japanese isn't very good but from what I read up to volume 3, I seem to go huh?? at the jokes they make. It's like asking some chinese dude from china to understand southpark jokes.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 22:37   Link #364
karusuman

Could anyone explain me why does Zetsubou goes 'WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!' after he actually wanted to suicide in the first place. You could say he's all emo and he does it for attention, but there's actually no one in the scene that he'd want to see what he's doing.

Or maybe when he's just that close to dying he realizes he doesn't want to die at all, and freaks out like that?

But that wouldn't make sense either since he tries to die once again the next day..

Any thoughts? xD
karusuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 23:27   Link #365
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karusuman View Post
Could anyone explain me why does Zetsubou goes 'WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!' after he actually wanted to suicide in the first place. You could say he's all emo and he does it for attention, but there's actually no one in the scene that he'd want to see what he's doing.

Or maybe when he's just that close to dying he realizes he doesn't want to die at all, and freaks out like that?

But that wouldn't make sense either since he tries to die once again the next day..

Any thoughts? xD
That's easy to explain, and a common real-life occurrence. Note that he only ever tries to kill himself in public places, or with people who he know will rescue him. Zetsubou wanted to "show" the world how much it sucked, trying to convince others to follow his point of view through the act of suicide. But he has no intention of dying.

(An example is how people IRL slit their wrists in the wrong direction, and ended up surviving it repeatedly. Sometimes I wonder if the fact that TV shows show the wrong way of wrist-slitting was intentional...)

If Zetsubou really wanted to die, he could have done so in the privacy f his own home. Or if he want to be dramatic, he would do it at "the forest of Death" at Mt Fuji. That forest had so many suicides (due to a book claiming it is the best place to die) that there is signs put up by the authorities saying "don't do it!" "Think of your famiy!" and all that.
Old 2007-08-03, 01:55   Link #366
Shuugo
MeruMeru Piroripaporirora

Worksafe thanks to that bald guy
Shuugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 02:43   Link #367
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by karusuman View Post

Any thoughts? xD
You don't have to think hard about it. The anime is one whole freak-fest. Who knows what goes on in their minds?
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 06:47   Link #368
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
You don't have to think hard about it. The anime is one whole freak-fest. Who knows what goes on in their minds?
That's the thing; the characters might be extreme, but their lines-of-thought are actually quite easy to comprehend. They are exaggerated facets of humanity, and not at all alien.
Old 2007-08-03, 06:49   Link #369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
According to nipponsei, OP will be out 8/22
ED will be out 9/26
Its also according to Amazon.jp, so its the real release date.
Old 2007-08-03, 07:39   Link #370
Mentorian
Matsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If Zetsubou really wanted to die, he could have done so in the privacy f his own home. Or if he want to be dramatic, he would do it at "the forest of Death" at Mt Fuji. That forest had so many suicides (due to a book claiming it is the best place to die) that there is signs put up by the authorities saying "don't do it!" "Think of your famiy!" and all that.
The forest is the place for suicide? You are kidding. Of course they were there to increase their height.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 14:36   Link #371
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's easy to explain, and a common real-life occurrence. Note that he only ever tries to kill himself in public places, or with people who he know will rescue him. Zetsubou wanted to "show" the world how much it sucked, trying to convince others to follow his point of view through the act of suicide. But he has no intention of dying.

(An example is how people IRL slit their wrists in the wrong direction, and ended up surviving it repeatedly. Sometimes I wonder if the fact that TV shows show the wrong way of wrist-slitting was intentional...)

I think you're over-analyzing it. I believe it's simply meant to be humorous that he suddenly freaks out about almost dying despite trying to commit suicide only seconds ago.

At least I found it hilarious.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 14:57   Link #372
herbert

I think he sincerely want to commit suiside, on the other hand, he, like most people, fear of death. He is both sensitive and negative. The world is so depressing, living is so painful. It is not he really think kill himself is a fun thing to do but it seems easier than living. A bad but only way to escape from worse realtiy, for him, it is.
Old 2007-08-03, 18:08   Link #373
Shuugo
MeruMeru Piroripaporirora

I see it more like if you die by accident you fear the death, but if you decide to do it then it's another thing. He decides to take his own life multiple times but always ends being an accident more than something made by his own hand. (Ep1 with Fuura, Ep2 Train with Fuura, etc.)

BTW more vectors/walls

Shuugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 20:04   Link #374
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuugo View Post

When anyone has the time, could they make an AS safe avy of the first and a sig of the second? And it'd be awesome if the text for the sig was "I'M IN DESPAIR!"

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 22:35   Link #375
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
When anyone has the time, could they make an AS safe avy of the first and a sig of the second? And it'd be awesome if the text for the sig was "I'M IN DESPAIR!"
lol, i made one just like it yesterday... ahaha... *look at sig*
Old 2007-08-03, 22:36   Link #376
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
^ Very nice sig!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 22:37   Link #377
karusuman

If the point of watching an anime is just to see the personalities of the characters so plain, you'd better stay off with Naruto or bullshit like that where there's no actual human reasoning, just "OMG I'VE GOT TO BE THE BEST".

I can't agree more with Herbert btw.
karusuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 23:20   Link #378
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
^ Very nice sig!
thankz ^^ i like yours too!
Old 2007-08-03, 23:23   Link #379
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
lol, i made one just like it yesterday... ahaha... *look at sig*
*facepalm*

I'll just wait and lurk a bit more.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 00:26   Link #380
herbert

Nozomu of the Oran style

Spoiler for containing characters have not been properly introduced:

Webcomics, need translation
Spoiler for Blade of the Immortal parody: