AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 07:50   Link #861
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
For a downtrodden, 'despair'-ful series, this music sure is freaking beautiful.
Looking back on it, i do wish that we had more scenes in the series that could go with the first couple of beautiful tracks on the soundtrack (track 01, track 04 & 05). My favourite shall always be the scene from the first episode that shows the first meeting between Sensei & Fuuka --- together with the first track 'Main Theme'.

I really do wish we'll see more scenes like that in the second series. If we don't then i'll understand why --- it's the same with this the first series.
Old 2007-10-25, 08:55   Link #862
Dop
We can't stop here...

I'm in despair!
The fact that my copy of the soundtrack album is still in the post has me in despair!!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 13:46   Link #863
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
For a downtrodden, 'despair'-ful series, this music sure is freaking beautiful.
Its a nice fit to the aura of the anime. Upbeat beautiful music to off set Itoshiki's depressive mind set. The stalker line music is hilarious with the "Ba ba baaaa" in it XD
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 21:02   Link #864
zz6549

Where did you guys get the soundtrack? Don't tell me I have to order it from Japan...
zz6549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 21:42   Link #865
Tatsushiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz6549 View Post
Where did you guys get the soundtrack? Don't tell me I have to order it from Japan...
The internet.
Tatsushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 23:59   Link #866
zz6549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsushiro View Post
The internet.
Yeah, I have it now. MP3s suck though.

Does it have the song that plays during this clip?

I listened each song briefly, and didn't hear it, but I may have just overlooked it.
Old 2007-10-26, 00:19   Link #867
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:

I listened each song briefly, and didn't hear it, but I may have just overlooked it.
Unfortunately I don't think they have it. I too was looking for a song (the one in ep 5 where Nozomu retoxicifies his students).
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 02:50   Link #868
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

I think it was a parody of an advertising jingle for an insurance company TV commercial. They probably can't use it because of copyright issues... Or because it was too short to be counted as a song.
Old 2007-10-26, 10:44   Link #869
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Goodness, that's a lovely booklet. It does the series justice.
It's great that a.f.k are catching up as well, their subs are always excellent. I'm absolutely dependent on subs, and I very much appreciate that. I hope episode 9 will be more like 8 and less like 7.

Also, Kona-Kona, asking people to upload such item is not permitted on this forum.
T_T okay *sobs*
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:08   Link #870
CrazyPerson

Man, some of the songs on the OST is just so beautiful (like "Main Theme"), it's hard to imagine them on a OST for a comedy series on death and suicide (and stalking and OCD and fetishes).

By the way, does anybody hear some faint "creaking sounds at around 1:13-1:14 of Main Theme? Could that be real instrumentation, or the faint sounds of Itoshiki jumping off a fold-out chair?
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 20:59   Link #871
Midonin
Last Engage

Well, I'll be.

Character Songs.

I look forward to these, if only because I'm a sap for character songs.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 09:49   Link #872
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

NHRV review up:

[NHRV] Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 12:13   Link #873
nanafan
horo fan

i admit there is great music in the show i also love the animation reminds me of count de monte cristo

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 15:16   Link #874
Mentorian
Matsuri

As Lucky Star is licensed, do you think anyone will be brave enough to license SZS, considering the obscure Japanese references, Yuri-style opening, and massive political incorrectness?
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 15:34   Link #875
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
As Lucky Star is licensed, do you think anyone will be brave enough to license SZS, considering the obscure Japanese references, Yuri-style opening, and massive political incorrectness?
Lucky Star getting licensed was not a surprise in any way. I really don't get why people treat it like that. Anyway, since when is a yuri-style opening and political incorrectness a strike against it getting licensed? It's more a question of how much does Shaft and partners want for it since companies like ADV know how this kind of show sells. I'm sure ADV would love to grab it if its for the right price to go along with Pani Poni Dash. The humor does not require any understanding of the references since most of the jokes are based on word play.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 17:38   Link #876
Mentorian
Matsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Lucky Star getting licensed was not a surprise in any way. I really don't get why people treat it like that. Anyway, since when is a yuri-style opening and political incorrectness a strike against it getting licensed? It's more a question of how much does Shaft and partners want for it since companies like ADV know how this kind of show sells. I'm sure ADV would love to grab it if its for the right price to go along with Pani Poni Dash. The humor does not require any understanding of the references since most of the jokes are based on word play.
The problem with SZS is that it is politically very incorrect. Hopefully I am wrong (since I personally would love to buy the licensed version), but I find it difficult to see how a story of a depressed teacher who keeps asking his students to commit suicide with him can really pass the censorship. In addition, there could be complaints from the association for victims of domestic abuse, the anti-suicide hotline, etc. for "trivializing" these problems that this series lampooned.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 17:56   Link #877
zz6549

Quote:
The problem with SZS is that it is politically very incorrect. Hopefully I am wrong (since I personally would love to buy the licensed version), but I find it difficult to see how a story of a depressed teacher who keeps asking his students to commit suicide with him can really pass the censorship. In addition, there could be complaints from the association for victims of domestic abuse, the anti-suicide hotline, etc. for "trivializing" these problems that this series lampooned.
Is it really that bad? He doesn't ask them to commit suicide with him, he just tells Kiri and Matoi he'll "die with them any time".

I suppose it's possible people will complain, but they'd have to be complete idiots with nothing better to do. SZS is hardly the epitome of politically incorrect material.

I hope it gets licensed soon. I'd rather buy it than wait for subs.
Old 2007-10-30, 22:20   Link #878
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Just slap a "TV MA" label on it. No censorship needed. Desert Punk went places that this title has not gone and it survived.
Old 2007-10-30, 23:13   Link #879
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Bah, Desert punk was all about Jerking off and titties. That's the norm for perverted Anime.

Suicide is a more touchier issue.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 01:43   Link #880
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Bah, Desert punk was all about Jerking off and titties. That's the norm for perverted Anime.

Suicide is a more touchier issue.
What, and Desert Punk's attempt to take a woman as payment because of her father's debt was not touchy?

In a world where Death Note and Code Geass could get licensed, SZS is certainly fair game.

Tags
comedy, shaft