AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 10:46   Link #1
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Exclamation Naruto's "fightingstyle"

Is it just me, or is Naruto's "fightingstyle" very lame, compared to all the other nin's in Leaf Village?
I mean, it's alot of kage bunshin no jutsu (was bunshin right spelled?), and knife play with the kunai's (the knife's they use).
I mean, Naruto was probably meant by the creator of this anime/manga to become the greatest nin (and hokage...) ever. But right now, he's pretty lame.
He can summon GamaBunta, sure.
But how often will he really use that?
And his taijutsu doesent look very impressive either.
My point is: all this fights looks pretty much the same.
- Kage Bunshin no jutsu
- Knife play
- some bunshin trick
- certain times, gather the kyuubi chakra.
- suprise/confuse the opponent

I know alot of people will try to flame me, by saying his kyuubi chakra is a good move. Sure, sure, it is.

My question is (manga readers can spoil) will Naruto learn anything new?
I would hate to see him get stuck on his current tactic.
IronLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 10:50   Link #2
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

I would just like to add: sure, he defeats his opponents, but each time he fights, I pull a big *YAWN*.
*flameshield up*
Old 2004-01-06, 10:55   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
It's simple: Naruto doesn't have a fighting style. He uses what's at his hand, any kind of jutsu, punches, kicks and kunais; most of the times without any strategy. He always try to beat the enemy, at any costs; without analyzing the enemy's weakness first. He's very careless when fighting, he always use his most powerful jutsu first to try to beat the enemy in one blow.

Anyways, I disagree with you in one point. Even if the beginning of the fights are all the same, Naruto every time surprises us at the end, with a mad strategy he made (like in the battle against Neji).

Yes, Naruto will learn a new, and much more powerful jutsu, which's the...

Spoiler:
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:00   Link #4
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Sure, he never ceases to suprise us, Vicious-san, but I think he should give all the genjutsu and kage bunshin no jutsu a little rest, yes?
Hmm...
Spoiler:

I only heard about it
Would anyone care to give me the info?

EDIT: why the hell did I write "ka ge"?
Old 2004-01-06, 11:01   Link #5
GreyArea
Meatf***er

If youve read the manga you'll know that Naruto does have his own unique way of fighting. While its not quite as flashy as Gai and Lee's taijutsu, or the Hyuuga style, its still damned cool if you ask me.

His next fight is so damned good
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:04   Link #6
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Is next Naruto fight the

Spoiler:

Or is it just me?
Old 2004-01-06, 11:05   Link #7
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

ok here it goes

Spoiler:

enough?
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:07   Link #8
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Is that so? I guess I will look up the manga to see what it looks like
In what chapter does he learn it?
Thanks for the info.
Old 2004-01-06, 11:07   Link #9
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs
Is next Naruto fight the

Spoiler:

Or is it just me?
Yeah, its gonna be sweet, too
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:09   Link #10
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

I heard alot of good things about the fight, but I guess it will take some time before we get to see it in the anime. Hmm... the Sasuke vs. Gaara (no, its no spoiler) will be for like 2 ep I presume (*looked into the manga*).
Old 2004-01-06, 11:11   Link #11
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I don't see why any anyone would flame ya, seeing as I don't think anyone thinks Naruto is all that "yet". He's just plunking thru this and that battle and learns a bit along the way and I don't know about any of you, but I saw him coming thru the ground to hit Neji in the exam before it happened. I mean come on, he uses the replication thingy a lot, and there was no doubt in my mind that with him having just used the Kyuubi's chakra he would be knocked out while Neji wobbled about. We saw it cumming but Neji didn't because he is so darn unaware of his adversaries. Naruto knows this (that everyone expects him to be just another loser-and don't take him seriously) and he uses it time and time again. He just needs that window and everyone stupidly and repeatedly give it to him. (well it's easy for us because we see each fight, but even a genious shouldn't let his guard down-not very genious like to me)
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:23   Link #12
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Well pathyfinder, you're right there, most people saw him doing the bunshin into Akamaru in the Kiba fight, and during the Neji fight, I knew he would do something with kage bunshin to make Neji believe he won the fight, then he jumped out of the ground. I dident go "", thats for sure.
Whats up with that digging in the ground? Is that a jutsu as well?
During the "survival training" Kakashi did with them, he did some jutsu where
he dug himself into the ground, and he said something about a
"Earth Element no jutsu". Then, during the Neji fight, Naruto
was digging with his hands (he examiner looked on his nails and saw they were all broken due to digging).
Old 2004-01-06, 11:59   Link #13
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Yeah...Naruto seems to be winning a lot of fights by way of enemy stupidity. The only thing he's done so far that I thought was cool was in the fight Vs. Zabuza. And he still gets rocked afterwards.

Anyway, right now, even in the manga, he's like a more retarded version of Sanosuke from Kenshin. Sano didn't learn how to defend intentionally...that was just the way he was going to fight. But, Sano goes about training to make himself better and actually learns in his fights. Even in the manga, I can't think of anything Naruto's done that hasn't been some seat of the pants, fly-by-wire solution to win a battle he should have been able to actually create openings for himself in.

Like I said before...the only reason Naruto's alive right now is thanks to others.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 13:41   Link #14
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I wouldn't go as far to call Naruto's ground digging a JUTSU. He knew Neji would come and gloat over his fake naruto's body, so he just dug into the ground and felt his vibrations on where he was and "pow".

I guess if I was some sorry orphan kid that no one liked and had no friends, I would be in the same situation. Not having a real family while growing up helps contribute to his lack of maturity. I see it all the time in kids who have parents but don't teach them shit about anything and they act a lot like Naruto.

I do think that Naurto is smart. He does pick up on things pretty quick and is a sponge on everything he sees. He stores it for later and he is always asking questions. He does try to find the easy way in a fight and that is why he uses his strong moves first to finish it fast (or attempt to) but this is a normal scenerio when you have someone like Naruto who hasn't really "mingled or socialized" a lot with society in a healthy way. He use to do shit to get noticed and probably never had anyone saying "that's ok, you do better next time as I believe in you" or "don't get frustrated and give up, you'll get it with time and practice and/or not everyone learns at the same pace" well some crap like that.

He learned the forbidden jutsu FAST in part because it was forbidden and he was motivated. It's like how guys can remember sport stats and facts but not their girl's birthday!

Naruto isn't meant to be the end all of Ninja's in his series, as it is more of watching his journey and those around him.
Old 2004-01-06, 15:44   Link #15
wnkryo
HainShodan

He has no fighting style. (period)
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 16:51   Link #16
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Actually, while watching Sasuke fight he learnt a move, and renamed it the Naruto rendan, and i must say, this move kicks ass.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 17:36   Link #17
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Actually, while watching Sasuke fight he learnt a move, and renamed it the Naruto rendan, and i must say, this move kicks ass.

Knowing moves is different then having a fightin style.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 17:42   Link #18
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Even in the manga, I can't think of anything Naruto's done that hasn't been some seat of the pants, fly-by-wire solution to win a battle he should have been able to actually create openings for himself in.
I dunno about that. He has his clever moments...like when he tricked Kiba in their preliminary fight into atacking Akamaru.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 17:49   Link #19
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
I dunno about that. He has his clever moments...like when he tricked Kiba in their preliminary fight into atacking Akamaru.
That was TOTALLY stupid...because Kiba KNEW it was Akamaru, he just changed his mind at the last second and attacked the dog anyway. That didn't make any sense at all.

I mean Kiba even goes as far to say, "Hey, I can smell that this one is Akamaru!" Then he attacks him because he thinks Naruto played a trick. WTF?! The was just a fight Naruto was supposed to win because he's the main character. I don't count that fight for anything. Naruto wins by The Sledgehammer of Plot (TM) and the need to put a second fart joke in the series.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:03   Link #20
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs
Is it just me, or is Naruto's "fightingstyle" very lame, compared to all the other nin's in Leaf Village?I mean, it's alot of kage bunshin no jutsu
Well I thought some one stated that Kage Bushin No Jutsu is a very high level Jutsu. Not everyone can or are capable of performing it.