AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 18:13   Link #21
foob
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Yeah...Naruto seems to be winning a lot of fights by way of enemy stupidity. The only thing he's done so far that I thought was cool was in the fight Vs. Zabuza. And he still gets rocked afterwards.

Anyway, right now, even in the manga, he's like a more retarded version of Sanosuke from Kenshin. Sano didn't learn how to defend intentionally...that was just the way he was going to fight. But, Sano goes about training to make himself better and actually learns in his fights. Even in the manga, I can't think of anything Naruto's done that hasn't been some seat of the pants, fly-by-wire solution to win a battle he should have been able to actually create openings for himself in.

Like I said before...the only reason Naruto's alive right now is thanks to others.

That was TOTALLY stupid...because Kiba KNEW it was Akamaru, he just changed his mind at the last second and attacked the dog anyway. That didn't make any sense at all.

I mean Kiba even goes as far to say, "Hey, I can smell that this one is Akamaru!" Then he attacks him because he thinks Naruto played a trick. WTF?! The was just a fight Naruto was supposed to win because he's the main character. I don't count that fight for anything. Naruto wins by The Sledgehammer of Plot (TM) and the need to put a second fart joke in the series.
I don't even feel like arguing this point. When he fights with a team, obviously you fight as a team. He sure should thank his teammates for being alive. And his teammates should thank him too.

Go watch the fight with Akamaru again. You misinterpreted it.

He doesn't win because he is the main character, he wins BECAUSE THE AUTHOR DREW IT LIKE THAT. The author can draw sakura beating gaara if he wants.
foob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:16   Link #22
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
.. or sakura beating itachi up, because she blocks his mange with her overlarge forhead...

some random guy: you are dumb.

he knows one is naruto, one is akamaru. one smells like akamaru.

he attacks the other one.

naruto turns into naruto, then to akamaru as soon as he is hit.

since he accidentally attacked akamaru (seemingly) he attacks the REAL akamaru, or what HE THINKS is naruto.

hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:31   Link #23
e2-
Genius!

Dont forget sexy no jutsu and harem no jutsu
e2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:35   Link #24
Neuspeed

Cool

I don't know if the anime series follows the manga storyline closely, but I think some of you people are not completely understanding the nature of naruto's character.

Naruto is pretty much the average character (maybe even below average), but due to his desire of being acknowlged he is improving himself.
If he beats his opponets is because he is being understimated, and is not his fault. Even neiji said he was 'careless' when he lost.

Naruto has no distinctive fighting style, and that shouldn't be a surprise. He has been pretty much making it on his own, practicing on his own. Must adults don't like him and very few of the kids hang around him. I don't think many of the adults took interest in teaching him anything about being a ninja or any special moves. Is clearly shown how Hinata is being trained in one episode. I'm sure neiji's dad trained him too. I think he has come a long way trying to show everyone his existance rather than hating people for the animosity shown to him. I'm surprised of he turned out 'ok' despite having a sealed demoned inside him.

I say.. Hats off to Naruto!
Neuspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:44   Link #25
ryo akima
current gennin/chunnin

Send a message via AIM to ryo akima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuspeed
I don't know if the anime series follows the manga storyline closely, but I think some of you people are not completely understanding the nature of naruto's character.

Naruto is pretty much the average character (maybe even below average), but due to his desire of being acknowlged he is improving himself.
If he beats his opponets is because he is being understimated, and is not his fault. Even neiji said he was 'careless' when he lost.

Naruto has no distinctive fighting style, and that shouldn't be a surprise. He has been pretty much making it on his own, practicing on his own. Must adults don't like him and very few of the kids hang around him. I don't think many of the adults took interest in teaching him anything about being a ninja or any special moves. Is clearly shown how Hinata is being trained in one episode. I'm sure neiji's dad trained him too. I think he has come a long way trying to show everyone his existance rather than hating people for the animosity shown to him. I'm surprised of he turned out 'ok' despite having a sealed demoned inside him.

I say.. Hats off to Naruto!
same here and why did gaara have a shakku sealed inside of him and he thought the only way he can be happy is for everyone to be dead and he turned out to be evil when naruto who has a demon inside of him thinks that he can be happy if everyone acknowlages him and is hokage?
ryo akima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 18:48   Link #26
Neuspeed

Gaara

Probably because gaara doesn't think very positive towards things...
Old 2004-01-06, 18:52   Link #27
Neuspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryo akima
same here and why did gaara have a shakku sealed inside of him and he thought the only way he can be happy is for everyone to be dead and he turned out to be evil when naruto who has a demon inside of him thinks that he can be happy if everyone acknowlages him and is hokage?

Well, another thing.. I didn't mention anything about 'being happy'
Old 2004-01-06, 18:57   Link #28
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Yeah, its gonna be sweet, too
Well that is just funny lol becose I recently heard that Naruto in the
Spoiler:

And the guy was complaining about it in the beginning of the thread now he's like in a rush to see it
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 19:05   Link #29
xcrzythaiguyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryo akima
the reason why gaara thinks he can only be happy if he kills people and that naruto thinks he can be happy is to get people to acknowledge him..... is because the events that occured during their childhood...

Gaara was thought to be too strong by his father, the razekage, and his father sent several assasins to kill Gaara eversince he was little.... which makes gaara think negatively..

Naruto was hated by the people, but he was shielded and protected by the Hokage so no one did anything drastic like try to kill him when he was little making Naruto believe he has to get people to love and acknowledge him..
xcrzythaiguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 19:12   Link #30
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foob
I don't even feel like arguing this point. When he fights with a team, obviously you fight as a team. He sure should thank his teammates for being alive. And his teammates should thank him too.

Go watch the fight with Akamaru again. You misinterpreted it.

He doesn't win because he is the main character, he wins BECAUSE THE AUTHOR DREW IT LIKE THAT. The author can draw sakura beating gaara if he wants.
I didn't misinterpret it...I just explained it poorly. It's been a while since that episode aired.

Your last sentence, the author drawing it that way...that's the same thing as I'm saying...the only reason he wins that fight is because the author wants him to win. It doesn't follow any of the "logic" if you will, of the series so far.

The fight vs. Neji at least has trickery that Neji would fall for...but why would Kiba think Akamaru all of a sudden smelled like Naruto, and then actually attack Akamaru?

As far as him helping his teammates, and fighting as a team...what did jumping into the ice prison do for Sasuke? He...almost gets him killed. And then all the missions before that where Naruto screwed up? (The weeds, the dog in the minefield...) At this point in the anime, Naruto's still got HUGE holes in his ninja development. He's almost like Rock Lee...but he can plug these holes up...he's getting better (The fight vs. the Sound guys in the forest.) it's just that he still fights stupidly right now.

Last edited by OhJustSomeRandomGuy; 2004-01-06 at 19:30.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 19:27   Link #31
fotonios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
ok here it goes

Spoiler:

enough?
Spoiler:
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 21:12   Link #32
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
That was TOTALLY stupid...because Kiba KNEW it was Akamaru, he just changed his mind at the last second and attacked the dog anyway. That didn't make any sense at all.

I mean Kiba even goes as far to say, "Hey, I can smell that this one is Akamaru!" Then he attacks him because he thinks Naruto played a trick. WTF?! The was just a fight Naruto was supposed to win because he's the main character. I don't count that fight for anything. Naruto wins by The Sledgehammer of Plot (TM) and the need to put a second fart joke in the series.
Um...I don't think you understood the fight at all. As someone else said, you should go watch it again. And pay attention this time.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 21:32   Link #33
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Um...I don't think you understood the fight at all. As someone else said, you should go watch it again. And pay attention this time.
Sigh.

Here's how I understand that happening.

Naruto clones into a clone of Kiba, same form Akamaru's in.

Kiba says, that's stupid I know Akamaru's smell. Hits one of the clones. Sees Akamaru pop out.

Proceeds to hit other clone, which is actually Akamaru.

Naruto then kicks his ass.

Problem with that scenario is. Naruto in Akamaru form STILL SMELLS LIKE NARUTO. Unless his Akamaru somewhere along the way learned some "Mimic Smell" jutsu that Kiba is aware of, Kiba has NO REASON to think that Naruto disguised as Akamaru is NOT Naruto.

He should see the clone of himself turn into Akamaru, then say, "Hey, guess what? You STILL SMELL LIKE NARUTO, and Akamaru stills smells like Akamaru! That's the dumbest trick ever!" and then go pound the crap out of Naruto disguised as Akamaru while he's on the ground.

Put simpler:

When confronted with two clones of himself, he knows that the only accurate targeting information he has is Akamaru's scent. Target A smells like Akamaru, Target B does not.

He attacks target B, which changes into a different form, but still does not meet the criteria of smelling like Akamaru, while target A, STILL SMELLS LIKE AKAMARU.

His smell was the ONLY piece of information he was relying on in the first place. He knew he couldn't trust his sight, only his smell...yet because the author writes it in, he then discards that and loses the fight.

Is that not how the fight went?
Old 2004-01-06, 21:52   Link #34
Rasengan

Yes, I was actually surprised when Kiba fell for that trick. The real Aka-Kiba smelled like Akamaru, and Naru-Kiba smelled like Naruto. Kiba had no reason to doubt his nose. Maybe he just paniced because he thought he punched Akamaru.

Anyway, Uh, Naruto is not alive because of others. Yes Sasuke did save him during Haku fight, but there are times when Naruto saved his teammate's arses too. For example when (don't read if you don't read manga):

Spoiler:
Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 21:54   Link #35
Hellraizer0

Yes I believe thats how the fight went, but I don't think Kiba has ever seen the Kage Bunshin no jutsu, and only a Bunshin no jutsu, so I think he was confused by it all.
Hellraizer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 21:56   Link #36
Neuspeed

Spoilers

I don't mind spoilers at all ^_^ I just hope the anime series follows the manga
Old 2004-01-06, 21:57   Link #37
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraizer0
Yes I believe thats how the fight went, but I don't think Kiba has ever seen the Kage Bunshin no jutsu, and only a Bunshin no jutsu, so I think he was confused by it all.
Doesn't matter. He had already discarded the information his sight was giving him. If not, he would have been too confused to select a target. But he initially sees right through Naruto's trap, and then the author makes him fall for it a second later.
Old 2004-01-06, 22:17   Link #38
Neuspeed

Quote:
Doesn't matter. He had already discarded the information his sight was giving him. If not, he would have been too confused to select a target. But he initially sees right through Naruto's trap, and then the author makes him fall for it a second later.

Yeah... I think when he hit naruto and naruto transformed into the dog, that threw him off
Old 2004-01-06, 22:33   Link #39
xcrzythaiguyx

Quote:
what i think is that when Kiba hit Naruto and found Akamaru laying there... he panicked

If Kiba had really hit Akamaru instead of Kiba then the one behind him had a chance to knock him unconscious or whatever...

so Kiba in a panicked state did not think much and hit Akamaru.....

and what further proves this is when Kiba bites his own hand and tells himself to calm down... and Kakashi then says that he had calmed down and asks naruto what he would do then...

but this is what i think =/
xcrzythaiguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 22:36   Link #40
Neuspeed

Naruto's fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrzythaiguyx
what i think is that when Kiba hit Naruto and found Akamaru laying there... he panicked

If Kiba had really hit Akamaru instead of Kiba then the one behind him had a chance to knock him unconscious or whatever...

so Kiba in a panicked state did not think much and hit Akamaru.....

and what further proves this is when Kiba bites his own hand and tells himself to calm down... and Kakashi then says that he had calmed down and asks naruto what he would do then...

but this is what i think =/

Or maybe kiba was still suffering side effects from naruto's fart, so he didn't 100% trust his nose