AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 23:35   Link #41
Umbrae
Generic Human

naruto has a fighting style. leaf style. But, as you watch the story line you see several times people beeing trained by thier parents, or others (as in hokage's grandsons case). yet when it shows naruto's childhood, it shows him alone in his apartment with a poted plant on his head trying to work a jitsu.
He cannot even correctly pronounce chakara for quite a while. Catra or somthing is what he normaly calls it.

I think, based just of interpritation. all nin, during school are taught the basics of fighting, and the basics of thier leaf style. most have parents, personal trainers, or work with freinds to develop and further hone thier skills into thier indivdual, or taught style.

So, while naruto has a fighting style, it is unrefined, and unpracticed. Naruto is not a genious, but he is smart. He tends to use what ever oportunity is avalible to win, although this usualy ends up beeing that his enemy underestimates him. even in the case with Momochi Zabuza, he fooled him as Zabuza never expected a brat genins to come up with such a idea.

naruto is learning how to fight correctly with every fight he gets into. from locking up when attacked by a nin the first time and having to be saved by Sasuke. To taking on high level ninja like Orochimaru without hesitation.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 23:44   Link #42
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
That was TOTALLY stupid...because Kiba KNEW it was Akamaru, he just changed his mind at the last second and attacked the dog anyway. That didn't make any sense at all.

I mean Kiba even goes as far to say, "Hey, I can smell that this one is Akamaru!" Then he attacks him because he thinks Naruto played a trick. WTF?! The was just a fight Naruto was supposed to win because he's the main character. I don't count that fight for anything. Naruto wins by The Sledgehammer of Plot (TM) and the need to put a second fart joke in the series.
i dont remember it that way.. i remember it being kiba smelling that the imitation dog is naruto and then he punched it BUT naruto did not change back into his own self and that threw kiba into believing that the other dog was naruto and then he attacked the real akamaru.
xxjc1104xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 00:20   Link #43
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Naruto made Kiba doubt himself, which I would assume is pretty easy to do in a fight like that (remember, they had JUST finished the Forest of Death not even 2 hours ago, both of them were most likely still tired and on edge).

Kiba hadn't seen Naruto in quite a while and didn't realize he knew how to correctly use Bunshin or that he could move on-the-fly like that, probably 99% of the other ninjas wouldn't have thought of using Bunshin for a second time after it didn't work the first time around.

The fart was at the end of the fight, not the middle.

I've said before (probably on a thread about 3 months ago) that Naruto, in too many aspects, is a really bad ninja. Bottom line. Sure, he didn't have parents to help him, or friends to practice taijutsu with, but the bottom line is still that he probably would have been killed if it weren't for Kyuubi's power/healing factor.

Also, remember that he refused Ebisu's help, even though Kakashi recommended him to teach the basics. His main jutsu, Kagebunshin, practically BEGS for a taijutsu expert like Rock Lee or Gai. Had Naruto learned from both Jiraiya AND Ebisu, he would have

been able to use the Kyuubi chakra to a greater extent (maybe not as well as he does now)
be able to take what chakra he DOES have and use it perfectly/not waste any
learn how to fight, learn how to use his clones in battle far more effectively than he seems to do
Spoiler:
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 00:27   Link #44
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
naruto don't hav any style. he is just lucky. why he is always lucky bcoz he is the main character.

if zabuza gave him a chop on his neck....
he is dead

if haku gave him needle on his heart instead of other part of body....
he is dead

if orochimaru killed him in a flash....
he is dead

if kabuto stabbed him on his back....
he is dead

if kiba non-stoply screwed him....
he is dead

if neji stop lecturing....
he is dead

wat neji always do in a fight is
1.hit you
2.byakugan at you
3.free lecture
4.hit you again
5.byakugan at you again
6.free lecture again

if he
1.hit you
2.hit you
3.hit you again
4.hit you more
5.combo
6.final blow

then naruto is dead
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 00:35   Link #45
Neuspeed

Lightbulb Shimatta

I forgot the fart was at the end of that episode.. gomen gomen.. is true that naruto has advantage cuz the nine tails was sealed on him.

But.... think about this... why was naruto chosen and not some other kid?? there could be many speculations.

I think we have to give naruto some credit. The hokage that sealed the nine tails on him thought he was adequate enough to keep the nine tails sealed on him, and i don't think just any kid could have done that.. Hell, i don't even think just any kid could be able to use the nine tails' chakra like naruto does. Is true that his ninjitsu and taijitsu is not top notch, but if he has the nine tails on him is for a good dam reason. Perhaps naruto is one of the very few (if not the only one) who can do the job of keeping the nine tails sealed on him and be able to control all that evil chakra.

Again... Hats off to Naruto!
Neuspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 00:48   Link #46
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

maybe he is the genius 4th Hokkage's son
Old 2004-01-07, 10:44   Link #47
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_khor
naruto don't hav any style. he is just lucky. why wat neji always do in a fight is
1.hit you
2.byakugan at you
3.free lecture
4.hit you again
5.byakugan at you again
6.free lecture again

LOL! It's so true!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 11:24   Link #48
Neuspeed

^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
naruto has a fighting style. leaf style. But, as you watch the story line you see several times people beeing trained by thier parents, or others (as in hokage's grandsons case). yet when it shows naruto's childhood, it shows him alone in his apartment with a poted plant on his head trying to work a jitsu.
He cannot even correctly pronounce chakara for quite a while. Catra or somthing is what he normaly calls it.

I think, based just of interpritation. all nin, during school are taught the basics of fighting, and the basics of thier leaf style. most have parents, personal trainers, or work with freinds to develop and further hone thier skills into thier indivdual, or taught style.

So, while naruto has a fighting style, it is unrefined, and unpracticed. Naruto is not a genious, but he is smart. He tends to use what ever oportunity is avalible to win, although this usualy ends up beeing that his enemy underestimates him. even in the case with Momochi Zabuza, he fooled him as Zabuza never expected a brat genins to come up with such a idea.

naruto is learning how to fight correctly with every fight he gets into. from locking up when attacked by a nin the first time and having to be saved by Sasuke. To taking on high level ninja like Orochimaru without hesitation.
I agree!!!
Old 2004-01-07, 11:36   Link #49
Neuspeed

Question 0_o

Quote:
naruto don't hav any style. he is just lucky. why he is always lucky bcoz he is the main character.

if zabuza gave him a chop on his neck....
he is dead

if haku gave him needle on his heart instead of other part of body....
he is dead

if orochimaru killed him in a flash....
he is dead

if kabuto stabbed him on his back....
he is dead

if kiba non-stoply screwed him....
he is dead

if neji stop lecturing....
he is dead

wat neji always do in a fight is
1.hit you
2.byakugan at you
3.free lecture
4.hit you again
5.byakugan at you again
6.free lecture again

if he
1.hit you
2.hit you
3.hit you again
4.hit you more
5.combo
6.final blow

then naruto is dead

Can you say 'Naruto hater'??? Luck is one of naruto's skillz ;P
Old 2004-01-07, 11:40   Link #50
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuspeed
Can you say 'Naruto hater'??? Luck is one of naruto's skillz ;P
Who is he, Isamu Dyson?
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 11:57   Link #51
Neuspeed

Question

Quote:
Who is he, Isamu Dyson?
Who is who?? you mean who is ky_khor or isamu?? o_0
Old 2004-01-07, 12:07   Link #52
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuspeed
Who is who?? you mean who is ky_khor or isamu?? o_0
You said luck is one of Naruto's skills, and I was sarcastically asking if has was supposed to be Isamu. Because, in Macross Plus, Isamu tells his co-pilot, "Luck is one of my many skills."
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 12:18   Link #53
Neuspeed

Cool Ohhhh

Quote:
You said luck is one of Naruto's skills, and I was sarcastically asking if has was supposed to be Isamu. Because, in Macross Plus, Isamu tells his co-pilot, "Luck is one of my many skills."

Ohhh I understand... -_-' Maybe they are distant cousins ^_^
Old 2004-01-08, 02:00   Link #54
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

i m not naruto haters.....

just that he can fight more brilliantly then he did in the Manga/anime

the whole naruto serie is always 1 VS 1, and Naruto still survive just bcoz of his kyubi.

even the later stage of the manga also the same.....what use of a team? where is the teamwork?

if the author can change the fighting style more intelligent then the whole story will become greater.

example:

sakura's analysis ability, bunshin and kawarimi no jutsu, sasuke fire jutsu, string shuriken, sharingan and naruto kagebunshin can form a great combination of strategy to fight enemy. better than the ino-shika-chou formation.

moreover later we got rasengan, chidori, gamabunta, lion combo, uzumaki naruto rendan
Old 2004-01-08, 11:27   Link #55
Neuspeed

Thumbs down Wrong!!!

Quote:
i m not naruto haters.....

just that he can fight more brilliantly then he did in the Manga/anime

the whole naruto serie is always 1 VS 1, and Naruto still survive just bcoz of his kyubi.

even the later stage of the manga also the same.....what use of a team? where is the teamwork?

if the author can change the fighting style more intelligent then the whole story will become greater.

example:

sakura's analysis ability, bunshin and kawarimi no jutsu, sasuke fire jutsu, string shuriken, sharingan and naruto kagebunshin can form a great combination of strategy to fight enemy. better than the ino-shika-chou formation.

moreover later we got rasengan, chidori, gamabunta, lion combo, uzumaki naruto rendan

Once again, you're off!! So far Naruto has use the nine tails' chatora.. (lol i remember when naruto said 'chatora' for the 1st time and konohamaru corrected him) 4 times. 1 Against Haku. 2 against Orochimaru. 3 when he was trained by the sennin (not sure about spelling) 4 against neji. He used his own strenght to defeat that dude at the beginning who wanted the secret scroll. The stragedy he developed against zabuza was his own and used his own strength to pull it off when sasuke and sakura didn't do much. Also during very early eps he tied sasuke up and transformed into him to talk with sakura. Again, when he fought Kiba he used his own strenght. So is not only due to the nine tails power that he has been able to get where he is.

Stop dissin' Naruto!!!! The author is doing a kick ass job with the story! Besides, if someone like you made the story than it wouldn't be as popular cuz you so narrow minded >_< Also in the anime series there has been very few occasion where teamwork was needed. 1. Survival during the forest of death 2. during training mission. They do work on as a team when is needed. You are forgetting also that these are kids and kids have a tendency to be self-centered, eccentric, and sometimes selfish. You shouldn't be surprised they have a hard time working as a team!

Last edited by Neuspeed; 2004-01-08 at 11:39.
Old 2004-01-08, 14:14   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I think Ky_khor's criticism of Naruto is constructive although I do not agree with Naruto is not being a team player. He is very much of a team player so far in the anime. In skill wise Naruto is as bad, dare I say, as Konohamaru. With such little skills he has still found ways to beat his opponent. Also luck has been a big factor for him to win those fights; not to mention the odds were in his favor when the wise ones from the past decided to seal Kyubi-essence in him. So it is good to be lucky. His talent lies not in his skills but in his strategy. His ability to think when it matters is impressive even though the situation might be a dire one. That is a talent but it is still not good enough to compete/survive in the Naruto Universe. Naruto is still a live because Kyubi in him plays a major role to keep him a live.

I understand Ky_khor's point. It is boring to see Naruto utilizing only one skill when his competitors have so many tricks in their bags to pull from. Those many skills still didn't help them to win against Naruto. Naruto wins anyway he can, i.e. fart, and still able to appear cool..

Loved those outline of the fights, Ky_khor..
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 15:06   Link #57
Neuspeed

Question In danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I think Ky_khor's criticism of Naruto is constructive although I do not agree with Naruto is not being a team player. He is very much of a team player so far in the anime. In skill wise Naruto is as bad, dare I say, as Konohamaru. With such little skills he has still found ways to beat his opponent. Also luck has been a big factor for him to win those fights; not to mention the odds were in his favor when the wise ones from the past decided to seal Kyubi-essence in him. So it is good to be lucky. His talent lies not in his skills but in his strategy. His ability to think when it matters is impressive even though the situation might be a dire one. That is a talent but it is still not good enough to compete/survive in the Naruto Universe. Naruto is still a live because Kyubi in him plays a major role to keep him a live.

I understand Ky_khor's point. It is boring to see Naruto utilizing only one skill when his competitors have so many tricks in their bags to pull from. Those many skills still didn't help them to win against Naruto. Naruto wins anyway he can, i.e. fart, and still able to appear cool..

Loved those outline of the fights, Ky_khor..
Hmmm how many times have naruto been in a situation where it seems like he would really die, but the nine tails power saved him?? I'm thinking about it, and i don't think of one right away... I could be wrong.. what about you people??
Old 2004-01-08, 16:26   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I could be wrong
Very wrong, but I will give you the benefit of doubt and will explain it as forgotten memory. Here are a few situations that happened in the anime. Let's see if I can list them chronologically.

-Most recently, Naruto's chakra flow was completely blocked by Neji's 64-hands. Wins fight by calling upon Kyubi-chakra.

-Before that fight against Neji, Jiraiya throws him off the cliff. Calls upon Kyubi-chakra to summon the bad ass frog Gamabunta to save his hide.

-Uses Kyubi chakra to stop a giant snake that was about to feast on our beloved sidekick Sasuke and calls him "scaredy cat" to implore Sasuke to fight as Naruto and his team were about to be pulverized.

-Fight against Haku. Blind rage triggers Kyubi-chakra that takes over Naruto as he sees Sasuke "die" and defeats Haku although he has as many needles stuck in his back and front which appears as if Haku is giving him an accupuncture treatment.

That's all for now but I am sure there are many more Kiyubi miracles to come. Let's sit tight and enjoy.
Old 2004-01-08, 17:33   Link #59
Neuspeed

Exclamation O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Very wrong, but I will give you the benefit of doubt and will explain it as forgotten memory. Here are a few situations that happened in the anime. Let's see if I can list them chronologically.

-Most recently, Naruto's chakra flow was completely blocked by Neji's 64-hands. Wins fight by calling upon Kyubi-chakra.

-Before that fight against Neji, Jiraiya throws him off the cliff. Calls upon Kyubi-chakra to summon the bad ass frog Gamabunta to save his hide.

-Uses Kyubi chakra to stop a giant snake that was about to feast on our beloved sidekick Sasuke and calls him "scaredy cat" to implore Sasuke to fight as Naruto and his team were about to be pulverized.

-Fight against Haku. Blind rage triggers Kyubi-chakra that takes over Naruto as he sees Sasuke "die" and defeats Haku although he has as many needles stuck in his back and front which appears as if Haku is giving him an accupuncture treatment.

That's all for now but I am sure there are many more Kiyubi miracles to come. Let's sit tight and enjoy.

Ok.. i guess you didn't read well what i wrote.... out of the different situations you mentioned.. only once was naruto in a REAL DANGER OF REALLY DYING. Neji wasn't gonna kill him, and neither was haku.. and snake.. he deafeted one snake b4 w/out using the nine tails'.. so... He used it the 2nd time cuz he was angry @ sasuke for trying to give the scroll to orochimaru.
Old 2004-01-08, 17:54   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

hmmm..so Neji wasn't serious when he was telling the nearby examiner that he was going for the kill after he blocked all of Naruto's tenketsu? As for the other two situation, Naruto didn't have that insider information that we, as anime watcher, had. Haku and Oro didn't really tell Naruto that he wouldn't be killed by them. Hey, Naruto may not even know that he is being watched by millions of Naruto-kraze fans.

So yeah, all of those situations I have indicated about Naruto calling forth on Kyubi because he truly thought his life was in danger or his teammates. Also this discussion has reached its objective, now that you are able to see atleast in one situation that Naruto calls on Kyubi to save his hide.