AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 16:01   Link #41
Kouji
StrykerX

lol Whoops, they indeed did put Afro Samurai . But, I bet that it'll be fixed soon. As it's kinda early for ENGAGE to have a synopsis. And that Afro was like the closest anime they could find at the time.
Old 2007-03-23, 08:03   Link #42
duckroll
綺羅星★!

This trailer was not captured by me, but I found it online. I'll only be hitting TAF tomorrow, but this is shaping up to be quite nice visually!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NB4L6493z-A
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 09:00   Link #43
wao
OK.

Hey, I liked the music in the trailer a lot! That was pretty anime-OP like. I bet you I'll get hooked to it. I think I already am... *watches it again* Thanks for uploading it!
Old 2007-03-23, 09:11   Link #44
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I thought the music was decent, but eiriely generic at atmosphere...but that's me personally. I kinda liked the non-vocal parts of the song more than the vocals.

The CG used looked closely similar in quality as to those in Aquarion, less so of Zero...or at least it looked that way from the rough trailer. I may be wrong, but it looks like they'll integrate the CG better with the feel of the background style and imagery better so that it won't look so "out" like Aquarion's bright and shiny in their dark, pale background colours at times.

Looks like it'll have a respectably raw presentation, setting-wise. Though the trailer does churn out a lot of Kawamori fanservice. I mean...I don't think I got a clear view of the main character at all throughout that trailer.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:24   Link #45
DangerMouse

Nice, I'm personally loving those visuals. Not much character stuff but I like the sharp animated character designs glimpsed in the trailer and the fast paced song would make a nice OP for this (I hope it is after the way too slow OP of the excellent Soukou no Strain that just didn't fit the action-ey visuals of that OP). On to the stuff that's really shown off in the trailer, the "sweet mecha action" lol.

As someone who likes CG when done well and is perhaps more forgiving of it than some, I really like the way their mechs are shaded and animate and I like how they are going all-out on making the action more dynamic than usual with extra movement and muzzle flashes, recoil, incidental movement from various actions and impacts etc, and tons of smoke trails for the weaponry Macross-style and large amounts of smoke and abundant special effects (That last frame of the trailer with that energy wave or something is another great shot). While it is a trailer and therefore it's more OVA-style of action may be hard to maintain for the entire show, there's just a general "aliveness" to the action and generous amount of effects that I love.

I'm pretty sure I'll be watching this atleast for the eye-candy, ashame there's so much craziness behind the scenes regarding the storyline, but I've been consistently impressed with Satelight so I'll be giving it my attention. I guess I'm a sucker for the lavishly-animated scifi action >_<
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 16:11   Link #46
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Article from Acii.jp.
This article is about Tokyo Anime Fair 2007.

At the Kiss Dum booth, Kawamori dropped by to visit, and drew a 2 meter large sketch of a Valkyrie on the wall in 10 min.
Old 2007-03-23, 18:59   Link #47
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Oh man I'd so let Kawamori sketch as much as he wants on the walls of my room.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:03   Link #48
kujoe
from head to heel

Nice trailer. But where are the people? I would've preferred seeing the characters more.

For some reason, I'm getting the Macross Plus vibes when it comes to the nature of drama we could be possibly getting out of this. One pilot, his girlfriend, and his rival best friend..?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:09   Link #49
ZODDGUTS

Yeah, I'm getting Macross vibes as well which has me interested. Though would have wished to see more of the characters. Liked the music they used in the trailer.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 00:50   Link #50
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The Kissdum trailer looked REALLY good in person imo. I really liked the way the CG was handled because it doesn't really have that "fake" 3D look at all. The animations for the transformations and movements were really good. There are shots of the people at the end too, and they looked good.

The way the trailer looked, I seriously believe all that crap about the project going downhill might be just that.... crap.
Old 2007-03-24, 01:02   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The music is alright and the Valkyries were neat too. They have the right missile trails to make a good Macross series...oh wait this isn't a Macross Series? Looks like they'll be ready in time after all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 01:39   Link #52
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here are some pics from the Satelight booth. Nice Kissdum model too. The Valerian show is a co-production with France and executively produced by Luc Besson. The trailer looked like poop though.

Old 2007-03-24, 07:28   Link #53
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
This definitely looks like Macross Lite.

I mean, isn't that a Destroid?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 09:22   Link #54
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Thanks for the pictures, duckroll!

And I agree with MrProphet, the more I see material (videoclip and now pictures) from this serie the more it looks and smells like Macross. Which is GOOD. For me.
Old 2007-03-24, 10:25   Link #55
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

The website is hosting the TAF trailer. Here's the direct link to the file (4.8mb). It's not hi-res but it's better than the Youtube version. Action looks awesome, but I would have like to see more of the characters. They seem secondary to the mecha combat, at least in this PV.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 11:03   Link #56
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

They just reported they finished the after recording of episode 3, and starting the after recording of episode 4 the following day. So they seem to be back in shape to an extent.

I can imagine the Satelight staff are exhausted, if they had to crank out four episodes in such a strict time limit.
Old 2007-03-24, 11:07   Link #57
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well as long as the quality of the animation and direction is somewhat consistent (even allowing a drop here and there, it's expected afterall), I'm all fine.
Old 2007-03-24, 13:16   Link #58
Honey_and_Cleaver

Wheres syu aiba?? I dont see him in the trailer, what kind of hero doesnt show himself often in a trailer?
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 03:22   Link #59
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The Kissdum trailer looked REALLY good in person imo. I really liked the way the CG was handled because it doesn't really have that "fake" 3D look at all. The animations for the transformations and movements were really good. There are shots of the people at the end too, and they looked good.

The way the trailer looked, I seriously believe all that crap about the project going downhill might be just that.... crap.
You saw it in person? Nice, I can't wait to see this in sharp good quality once it starts airing. The rather sweet shading on the 3D in the trailer is what I think makes it look not "fake", atleast to my eye. I also still think that they did a great job adding "extra movements" to the transformations/animations of the 3D that really adds life and "weight" to them.

Man, the Kissdum Valkyries are sweet. I'm already watching this for the action :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Wheres syu aiba?? I dont see him in the trailer, what kind of hero doesnt show himself often in a trailer?
Yeah, what's up with that, I can't think of any show where the main character was late for his trailer Show yourself man!

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-03-26 at 11:35.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:49   Link #60
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, the first episode seems to have aired. The pictures on Futaba aren't superimpressive so far, but that, of course, isn't a very good barometer.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote