AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 41 29.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-09, 01:55   Link #101
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
The bad:
- Nina's conversation with Euphie.
- Euphie's confession to Suzaku. Too sudden, too out of place, too stupid.
- Shirley. I sense she will make advances at him again... ugh.
- No Kallen/Black Knights in action.

The worst:
- Suzaku being rescued by Zero. Why, oh WHY wasn't that idiot killed already? *sigh*
So you only care about a few characters and not the whole show? Whatever.

I thought all the new exposition of Euphie and Suzaku sounds very tantalizing and it was about time they got some REAL facetime continuing from episode 19.

It's obvious that Euphemia now considers Suzaku to be a real political bargaining chip as well as someone whom she confides in emotionally and ideologically. Nina's meeting helped all that happen and we've seen a LOT of plot development happen there.

Sounds to me like this episode was nigh crucial in every aspect. Even with Zero and his unveiling of what his plan would be in terms of dealing with Euphie/Suzaku.

And people ask why Euphemia all of a sudden confessed to Suzaku? That could be because of her recent revelations about her own depression in dealing with a seemingly futile political/social problem and she saw a parallel with Suzaku. On top of it all, that creates for a great dramatic timing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 02:04   Link #102
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'm actually kinda surprised they called in another 5 guards for backup. she seemed pretty pinned to the ground to me.
THey are not taking any chances, especially when it comes to people like Nina

In regards to the Geass. It's more like Suzaku will defintely fight harder when he's in a tight spot to survive. We already know that he'll act reasonable under other circumstances when Zero trapped him but nevertheless he'll still refuse to join him, that and he'll ignore those "Die" orders now.

I wonder though, had Zero not intervened, if Suzaku would've gone "berserk" and tried to break out of the Chinese guns with whatever he's got left.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2007-03-09 at 02:15.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 03:18   Link #103
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
[spoiler]

ZOMG F.A.I.T.H (<-- first thing that cross my mind with this pix)

and suzakuxCCxLulu in crazy mecha overpowered suit = I feel poor for the chinese guy, lolz :/ . it will be totally massarcased...
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 03:26   Link #104
JediNight
キズランダム

I find it funny how half the people think the episode is great (which it is one of the best in the series so far for content), or the worst. (mostly because they're watching a raw with next to nil for Japanese comprehension, and no taste for good storytelling ;p)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 03:30   Link #105
tritoch

I haven't been visiting this thread for fear of spoilers ruining the story.

Anywoo, I can't let this pass up, is Schneizel gonna be a good guy [as in.. part of the hero's squad.. Lulu technically isn't 'good'] or a bad guy? Same goes for Cornelia too. (well I hope Cornelia turns out to be mostly good)

And meh.. "survive" or "live" or whatever way you translate that quote, it really reminds me of Kira seeding. ^^ [i was expecting Suzaku to jetison his gear and take out the rf cutter from the legs of his Lancelot and stab the hell out of those people]

[and oh p.s. when I meant rf cutter.. I meant the rf cutter Kira used in the desert arc of Gundam Seed]
Old 2007-03-09, 03:44   Link #106
0rphen21
^.^

i find it a bit ironic that Lulu's geass is helping Suzaku even more now that he can no longer think about easily giving up his life it might even bite Lulu in the butt next time when they face off on the battlefield
Old 2007-03-09, 03:52   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rphen21 View Post
i find it a bit ironic that Lulu's geass is helping Suzaku even more now that he can no longer think about easily giving up his life it might even bite Lulu in the butt next time when they face off on the battlefield
Actually, no. Because Lelouch has no intention to kill Suzaku to begin with.

All the command does is preventing Suzaku from fighting to the death. This would make it easier for Lulu to capture and incarcerate Suzaku in the future, rather than forced to kill him because he refused to surrender.
Old 2007-03-09, 04:02   Link #108
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
That eps will prolly be an interresting watch in a near futur.
Glad shirley is back, i for some reason like this character.
I dont know why everyone is so hype about CC, it s imo the less likable character of this show, even suzaku is a better charater :/.
for eps 21 i hope the Ogi Villeta date will not be a stupid filler but will help advancing the story instead of being a happyhappydate...
Old 2007-03-09, 04:06   Link #109
0rphen21
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, no. Because Lelouch has no intention to kill Suzaku to begin with.
Imo Lulu is just to nice to his friends even if his friend needs a good butt kicking

oh about Violeta and Ougi in the next ep ~Violeta and Ougi under a tree K~I~S~S~I~N~G~
Old 2007-03-09, 04:12   Link #110
tritoch

Ohhh anywoo.

I like where this is going. Zero/Lulu have made contact with Suzaku and made clear that the OotBK is an enemy of injustice [a gazillion times Suzaku persecuted OotBK before this ep. ^^]

The next move will be Euphie's/Cornelia's/Schneizel's. And ofcourse, stumbling into the darn magazine spoilers- those 3 will make a move.
Old 2007-03-09, 04:26   Link #111
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Anywoo, I can't let this pass up, is Schneizel gonna be a good guy [as in.. part of the hero's squad.. Lulu technically isn't 'good'] or a bad guy? Same goes for Cornelia too. (well I hope Cornelia turns out to be mostly good)
I am dead certain he is going to be the "bad guy" under the mask of kindness/politeness

As for Cornelia... who knows. She "might" join the "good side" to some degree, especially if she somehow finds out that Schneizel(assuming it was him) is behind Lulu's mother's death... at least Tag-team to take down the bastard ... or not, but i wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
Old 2007-03-09, 04:44   Link #112
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm tellin' ya. I see "TSUNDERE" written over Cornelia's forehead. I swear I see it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 05:09   Link #113
JediNight
キズランダム

Cornelia and Schneizel I think are both "nice people" in the general sense, but they have been raised as Britannian nobility. So they also have a strong sense of duty and doing whats best for their country. AKA following the orders of the Emperor, destroying these terrorists trying to disrupt the good working order of the Empire, etc.

Schneizel obviously seems to tilt a bit more to the "bad guy underneath" though I will admit, because he seems to be almost equal to the Emperor as far as knowing the Big Picture right now. Cornelia obviously loves Euphemia and her subordinates, but has been raised to have racism against anyone thats not a pure-blood Britannian.

I guess my point is -- a lot of the characters in the show are grey ... there are good and bad points to them. Good or Bad is entirely based on perspective of their sides, positions and upbringing, etc.
Old 2007-03-09, 05:14   Link #114
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I'm getting a little tired of all those GS/D referrences... is this all you guys can think of? How Code Geass can possibly be compared to a show that is "cool/in" to hate.

ZOMG it has mecha!! that's like soooo like GSD, I'm getting the baaaaad vibes here. Won't be long until Geass is accused of ripping Tominos work off somehow...

If anything it just shows how deep down you are obsessed with GS and Destiny. After all you can't get go of it no matter what.

I enjoyed the episode personally. Euphy is still unsure about herself but thanks to the talk with Nina she got another boost of confidence. She is so out of the loop and inexperienced in politics that she resorts to spontaneous decisions. She has no idea why Schneizel helped her out or why her sister is so worried about her.

She is very lucky to have Suzaku though. He is an emotional wreck but his skills we be what will keep her alive if her other siblings decide she isn't cute and harmless anymore.

We have yet to see how CC ties in with all this intrigue going on.

Can't wait to see more
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 05:19   Link #115
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm getting a little tired of all those GS/D referrences... is this all you guys can think of? How Code Geass can possibly be compared to a show that is "cool/in" to hate.

Why are you posting this sudden outburst?
I don't see any GS/D references in this page, or the previous page.
Who exactly are you referring to in this "all you guys"?

I mean, it would be understandable if the thread was full of people criticizing or drawing comparison with GS/D.... but there aren't any.
Maybe I missed someone mentioning it like five pages ago or something.

Anyways, you're getting upset at non-existent issue.
Old 2007-03-09, 05:27   Link #116
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Well one GS/D reference is one too much. And there's at least one in all of ep threads.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 05:37   Link #117
tritoch

Quote:
I mean, it would be understandable if the thread was full of people criticizing or drawing comparison with GS/D.... but there aren't any.
Maybe I missed someone mentioning it like five pages ago or something.
I posted something. Scroll up. up. up. some more. right there!

Actually I was just feeding the fire. I know alot of people are irked by the people who posts GS/D stuff so I posted some too.

It would actually be cool if Suzaku and Lulu's sides never actually become friends and the whole conflict goes into a new face with Lulu's father, Suzaku and the Area 11 Brittanians and ofcourse Lulu's Order.

None of the C.C. backstory seem to interest me. Maybe because I just love backstabs and double crossing for plot meat rather than the scifi and supernatural aspects of Geass.

[my post has some major Gundam references in them. ^^]
Old 2007-03-09, 06:06   Link #118
JediNight
キズランダム

The people that have to make the Gundam references to try to detract from the show are just doing it because they don't have any real arguments to fall back on. Usually also means they've only seen very little anime. (See: How all mecha shows are somehow a ripoff of Evangelion...)

It's no surprise that since Sunrise does Gundam, that some of the mecha designs would be similar to something you might see in a Gundam show. That said, the general Knightmare frames are surprisingly practical in design and usage.

Yes the Lancelot is hax and now Gawain as well, but you can't blame them for knowing what mecha overall that fans like to see. The popularity of Gundam Seed et al showed them that viewers like flashy mechs that wade through fields of enemies with barely any damage. I'd love to see a more "realistic" lead mecha frames like Zeta Gundam had, but thats not gonna happen.
Old 2007-03-09, 06:12   Link #119
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
I'm starting to think that Lelou(apparently) will lose because of his Geass on Suzaku telling him to survive ( in this episode, NO MATTER WHAT ) which could lead to Lelou never being able to beat him if he's getting owned by how own Geass power, he's just go somehow SEED( Calling it SEED cause we saw it in the high speed epi of Mao running action he's not a human in case of reaction rate )

C.C. Needs more love, and I knew this was gonna happen because the previous epi (forgot the jerk's name) told her to go spend some time Knightmare piloting training =P and then came the LAWLGUNDAMJACKSCHNIEZELGOTPWNED

I'm guessing Lelou has some piloting to do since he does have handles on his seat also, plus I can't see C.C. that great of a pilot..unless their only plan is to blast everything and fly slowly like they did in this epi, need more speed people!

Gawain is like..2 Lancelots..o.o;

Total GS/GSD memories here with the fact that it reminded me of when PLANT/Earth federation went to the island to stop LOGUS, the whole mecha 'take my hand if you want to live' thing kinda gets..overdone..the flames made it look more cheesier(PIZZA HUT) as if THEY WERE IN A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION ( Suzaku can just Geass himself to survive and somehow do it most likely )

The whole..Confession. Under normal circumstances that does not help a battle at all, like who the hell tells a person they love them during when that perosn is in battle? Are you asking them to drop whatever they are doing and think about this? I mean..it looked like she knew he was gonna die and she was just telling him jsut in case he does, either way it looked bad. And their love doesn't seem like real love to me..I know they'll wind up together but this fresh..it seems sorta..ehh not real.

Nina can go back to her Table, Euphie's Straight.

Now then, Shirley. She doesn't remember anything but has a note, now unless she actually remembers what she has done she won't add much to plot, she might show it to him at least or ask him about it. But it won't be much of a problem unless she remembers it actually, I mean..she's still scared and confused to ask him at all, along with the fact that I am now gonna note;

We never actually heard his command to her.

Note the fact she can't draw his face in art week during one ep, you can state the fact she can't write about him or draw about him.

She will most likely confront him about it but he'll most likely do either use his quick mind to confuse her more or kill her since she knows too much again. She's a confused and scared girl, shouldn't be easy to make up some excuse and she'd eat it up.

As for the total epi; It was okay but had it's bad points with Nina teaching Euphie about propably her love for the table and then Euphie telling her that Suzaku is her table ( I'm just saying, she learned love from a girl that does a table..and somehow she knows love and says thats the way she loves suzu O.o; )

ZeroXSuzu teamup should never happen again, i'd rather have one of them die then watch that horrible scene again.

C.C. And Kallen need more mobile suit action in this epi.

Pudding Earl..so that's what he's holding in the ending theme of all 3 of em lawl.

Epi 21

C.C. has fallen in love with a giant pizza ( way to go pizza hut..you rotted her brain )
Lelou got whacked! Is it an assassination!? Did C.C./Kallen/Shirley get revenge at him for all those times!? (( CC has to deal with him in bed and his order making fun of her/ Kallen is a friggin gravestone..Lelou's doing?/Shirley is just whacking him for the Britannia rule and making her memory go away lawl ))

21.5 after this..augh
Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 06:39   Link #120
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The people that have to make the Gundam references to try to detract from the show are just doing it because they don't have any real arguments to fall back on. Usually also means they've only seen very little anime. (See: How all mecha shows are somehow a ripoff of Evangelion...)

It's no surprise that since Sunrise does Gundam, that some of the mecha designs would be similar to something you might see in a Gundam show. That said, the general Knightmare frames are surprisingly practical in design and usage.

Yes the Lancelot is hax and now Gawain as well, but you can't blame them for knowing what mecha overall that fans like to see. The popularity of Gundam Seed et al showed them that viewers like flashy mechs that wade through fields of enemies with barely any damage. I'd love to see a more "realistic" lead mecha frames like Zeta Gundam had, but thats not gonna happen.
First of, no Mecha design is ever going to be practical, period.

Second - what is so bad about pointing out similarities if they are indeed there >? Are you offended that your oh so great Code Geass is compared to what most consider an inferior show?

Lack of arguments to fall back on? How is pointing out similarities = trying to make an argument about something ? The show does use recycled themes, no two ways around it. That does not make it worse. What matters is how it manages to present and intervene these themes, which Code Geass manages fairly well.

Again - what harm comes from pointing out the similarities ? People whining about people who whine about similarities is no less annoying to read.