AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 02:52   Link #12501
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I used to have long hair that went to my lower lip to gel around with. I can't do that now. Working in engineering, I don't want my coworkers thinking I'm some queer emo (even though I'm not offended if someone does say I am =P) by my appearance. I care quite a bit about my professional reputation. My career heavily relies on relations.

/brofist. My fist is covered in slobber.

jk
did you gain some weight you look skinnier on your older pic
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 09:14   Link #12502
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
did you gain some weight you look skinnier on your older pic
I'm confused yes i gained weight and looked skinnier.

I don't work out anymore, and I also don't have much time for outdoor activities as I used to. It's probably just losing muscle mass. I removed body fat from my DNA for more hard drive space. So losing/gaining weight is rarely something I think about. I've kind of given up =P
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 09:21   Link #12503
Domonkazu

my bad puctuation fail
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 21:46   Link #12504
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.... I had several people either request a photo or my RL appearance came up in related discussions. So, for those who care I'll puncture whatever mystery there is
Spoiler for Keep the thread page tidier, just move along :):

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-08 at 01:48.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:56   Link #12505
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Not at all what I imagined. In fact, you look like you could beat the crap out of any one of us.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:49   Link #12506
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Raw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well.... I had several people either request a photo or my RL appearance came up in related discussions. So, for those who care I'll puncture whatever mystery there is
You look awesome mayne, keep rockin

Random info:
Signature: Sun-Ken Rock

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 01:58   Link #12507
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Another rocker on this forum!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:18   Link #12508
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

One of the best picture containing me. I'm the middle-right guy.

Old 2012-04-06, 11:17   Link #12509
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
That's pretty much what I pictured you to look like for whatever reason. A wise man.

Here's me. Two regular pics, one pic of me trying to turn into a Super Saiya-jin, too bad I failed.

Spoiler:
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:32   Link #12510
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Raw
Regular pics of you are blurred ...

Random info:
Signature: Sun-Ken Rock

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:36   Link #12511
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
For some reason, you remind me of Mr Miyagi from Karate Kid.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:40   Link #12512
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Heh... technically the mustache is a "horseshoe" but a lot of people classify it as its close cousin 'fu manchu' (which has hair that droops below the jaw line into a point and the overall line is thinner). And all I can teach you is "sword'n'board" (from SCA days) ... or maybe "anything in the room is a weapon"
Old 2012-04-06, 11:47   Link #12513
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post

Yes, totally.

You have charisma Vexx
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 12:29   Link #12514
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Yes, totally.

You have charisma Vexx
hahahaha I'm the scary guy in the trenchcoat or leatherjacket that has the old ladies clutching their bags as I pass by... though I'd be the one to come to their aid if they actually were in trouble :P

But as you might imagine, it makes it problematic for me to visit anime conventions -- I don't go alone, I try to have either my son's friends who cosplay handy or I drag "she-who-is-cute" along (she's really not a convention fan). Then I get glares for a different reason (rofl), especially when she's wearing her ponytail or twintails, and perky goth black overalls with little embroidered skulls. I hate to say it but its probably life-saving that she's got a few streaks of white in her hair now.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-06 at 12:44.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:04   Link #12515
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
Regular pics of you are blurred ...
It's my power aura. That or my shitty webcam.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 15:14   Link #12516
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
hahahaha I'm the scary guy in the trenchcoat or leatherjacket that has the old ladies clutching their bags as I pass by... though I'd be the one to come to their aid if they actually were in trouble :P

But as you might imagine, it makes it problematic for me to visit anime conventions -- I don't go alone, I try to have either my son's friends who cosplay handy or I drag "she-who-is-cute" along (she's really not a convention fan). Then I get glares for a different reason (rofl), especially when she's wearing her ponytail or twintails, and perky goth black overalls with little embroidered skulls. I hate to say it but its probably life-saving that she's got a few streaks of white in her hair now.
Please don't tell her that Vexx. You are a valuable asset to this forum and we don't want to see you get dismembered.

OTOH you can wear a Chinese outfit and pretend you are a Kungfu master.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 18:09   Link #12517
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Please don't tell her that Vexx. You are a valuable asset to this forum and we don't want to see you get dismembered.
Well, she's hoping she gets a skunk stripe like her cousin did, but it looks like its just going to be random ribbons of silver.
She doesn't really miss not being carded anymore. I think the last time she was asked for proof-of-age was about 3 years ago and the restaurant was darkly lit.

Our son (who is a personal trainer) is stalking her to get her on a muscle-toning program... which she's fairly nimble at avoiding so far.
Old 2012-04-06, 18:30   Link #12518
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Well, she's hoping she gets a skunk stripe like her cousin did, but it looks like its just going to be random ribbons of silver.
She doesn't really miss not being carded anymore. I think the last time she was asked for proof-of-age was about 3 years ago and the restaurant was darkly lit.

Our son (who is a personal trainer) is stalking her to get her on a muscle-toning program... which she's fairly nimble at avoiding so far.
There was a girl at my school, who was the younger sister of one of my classmates. Filipino, gorgeous , outgoing and pretty popular (I had a secret crush on her). However, she had a birthmark on her left temple and the hair that grew there was pure white. The rest of her hair was natural black. She had hair that went to the middle of her back, and with that white streak, it was a natural 80's punk-rock look. It really added to her hotness.

Endless "Streaks" Soul
Old 2012-04-06, 19:51   Link #12519
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
So is it Mötorhead or Venom, black-metal-ojii-san

By the way, I would kill to have white hair

Quote:

Hehe, indeed that is an issue, especially with youngsters, unlike older (40+) people they tend to draw quick conclusion based on their limited experience. Old ladies (and geezers) have gone through so many changes during their lifetimes that usually give the benefit of doubt.

Anyway, about anime (and other geeky) conventions, I can totally understand what you mean, using cute friends and dates to blend in because ones appearance does not fit their mainstream expectations

Quote:
Ah! you have a Mayoi (assuming she is at most 10 years younger than you or 20 more than she looks), I am so envious being myself still stuck with a Hitagi struggling to become a Tsubasa

^ For WTF I am doing
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:59   Link #12520
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Scarily, she-who-is-cute-and-must-be-obeyed is actually my age... her warranty is just quite a bit better I mean, other asians can tell immediately that she's older (and the rest, those that pay attention) but I've gotten more than a few drippy little comments relating to a supposed age difference they perceive. She's 4'10" and I'm 6' so it adds to the confusion for them.

Fortunately, most of the time I find it amusing...

Ehhhhhh, I grew up with Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Zeppelin... in the 80s, it tended to be a wide dispersion from AC/DC, ZZtop, Satriani, Yngwie, Lita Ford, etc -- but I also got hooked on '80s girls and coed bands (Bangles, Go-gos, Eurythmics, Runaways/JoanJett.

These days, no particular band though individual tunes stand out from Rammstein, Stone Temple Pilots, Muse, Offspring, System of a Down... I liked 'Dead Can Dance' and I hear they are touring again. But I'm all over the place in music -- the Arctic Monkeys and the Irresponsibles, as well as rock with eastern influences like maNga (Turkish rock). But hey, I like bluegrass, Dean Martin, big band jazz, medieval folk....

/babble OFF

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-06 at 22:13.

Tags
photo