AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-03-11, 15:14   Link #1
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Azureus 3.0 beta

I was just curious what new features there are with this thing, since the Azureus site is not being specific enough >.<

If anyone could more or less summarize its advantages over Azureus 2.5 for me I'd be really happy

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 15:37   Link #2
LunarCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I was just curious what new features there are with this thing, since the Azureus site is not being specific enough >.<

If anyone could more or less summarize its advantages over Azureus 2.5 for me I'd be really happy
Info Links

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php...us_2_and_Zudeo

Quote:
Basically, Zudeo is a friendlier skin to Azureus 2, along with integration with a web component. The UI is intended to be simpler and will not have all the options or features available that are in Azureus 2. However, it will still use all the options and features that Azureus 2 has.
Looks like its just like Azureus 2 but the default UI has changed so that it is now easier to navigate and do tasks in.

Seems its just a style change b/c they are just using the same 2.5 core code but just changing the UI's look and to some extent adding/removing some of the features.

Quote:
If you like nitty gritty detail, the ability to set just about any option, and micromanaging torrents, you probably want to use the Advanced tab. The advanced tab is the Azureus 2 UI, or what probabily be known as the "Classic UI".
Quote:
Zudeo is purely a different skin for the Azureus core - anything you can download with Azureus you can download with Zudeo.
^ think that sums it up :P.

Last edited by LunarCat; 2007-03-11 at 15:43. Reason: More info
LunarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 15:41   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

Looks like they added content browsing and a new UI...

I'll stick with 2.5 though.
Old 2007-03-11, 15:51   Link #4
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Will my ratio be kept if I switch over? It'll suck if it doesn't >.>

Old 2007-03-13, 01:30   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like if you have any "special" needs... you might want to stick with 2.5x .... 3.0 sounds like it has big shiny buttons instead
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 08:32   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Will my ratio be kept if I switch over? It'll suck if it doesn't >.>
If you mean the ratio that Azureus reports, that's just local to you. If you're concerned about private trackers where you need to maintain a decent ratio, that information is stored on the tracker. Changing your Azureus version shouldn't have any effect on that value.
Old 2007-03-15, 10:03   Link #7
Dnous
wut

I bet it also has completely nothing to do with zudeo.com =.=
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 23:27   Link #8
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
If you mean the ratio that Azureus reports, that's just local to you. If you're concerned about private trackers where you need to maintain a decent ratio, that information is stored on the tracker. Changing your Azureus version shouldn't have any effect on that value.
I'm more worried about my Azureus ratio going puff (I know already that private trackers store it separately -_-; ), the thing is I downloaded the installer and all, but when I tried to install it, it didn't even bother to check if Azureus was already active (and it was -_-; ), it even prompted me to input the installation folder, meaning it didn't even check if it was installed... That's why I'm not trusting that installer at all.

Meh, I guess I'll just keep up with Azureus' lame old GUI interface, it already is too much of a memory hog anyways, giving it even more visual candy (probably badly coded) will make my PC suffer a lot...

Old 2007-03-17, 12:53   Link #9
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
I'm not to sure about this myself but I would guess that your ratios would be stored in the azureus folder in the application data folder in your documents and settings section so that would not be touched even by an update version of a programme since it would check that first to see if the folder is already there and use it if it is.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 14:11   Link #10
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm not to sure about this myself but I would guess that your ratios would be stored in the azureus folder in the application data folder in your documents and settings section so that would not be touched even by an update version of a programme since it would check that first to see if the folder is already there and use it if it is.
But, as I told you before, it didn't even check if Azureus was installed in the first place, and I could change the target directory to wherever I wanted.

Old 2007-03-18, 10:43   Link #11
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
But, as I told you before, it didn't even check if Azureus was installed in the first place, and I could change the target directory to wherever I wanted.
Well most installers don't check weather there is an older version if itself installed but if you are concerned about this then you can try (if the two versions don't conflict with each other) and install azureus 3.0 into another folder and run it to see if your ratios are still the same and then remove the older version if it does work out (but I would suggest that you backup all the data in your application data folder that relates to azureus just in case it doesn't work out and azureus 3.0 alters the data and messes things up)
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote