AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-21, 01:33   Link #3781
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I think we see Rein with the Book looking at some warships in the prologue of Force.
Making me guess it was used as a weapon during the war.
But Force never gave an answer... Still can, I guess.
An interesting question is that ...if Reinforce was contemporary with the first spreading of the Eclipse how she managed to survive? I guess she:

a) totally avoided any direct confrontation with Eclipse Drivers or...
b) simply chosen to blow herself up thus taking some of them with her and also reincarnating in another dimension far away from them.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 03:21   Link #3782
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
c) She knew something about defeating Eclipse Drivers the current Bureau doesn't.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 09:58   Link #3783
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
d) She was so much of a Game Breaker that she just didn't care. She had more mana than the entire Hückebein could hope to nullify.
__________________
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 16:31   Link #3784
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Fiery Pit of the Southwest
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
d) She was so much of a Game Breaker that she just didn't care. She had more mana than the entire Hückebein could hope to nullify.
I'm going to put my lot in with Option D.
__________________
The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.
Old_Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 23:01   Link #3785
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Yuuno, I like the sound of that.
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 23:32   Link #3786
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
d) She was so much of a Game Breaker that she just didn't care. She had more mana than the entire Hückebein could hope to nullify.
That will depend if it was an active Zero Driver present during that event. Tohma, a Zero Driver himself, cancelled a humongous amount of magical power in a single shot(A magical warship, various magical and non-magical equipement and personel along with some huge powerhouses like Fate, Subaru, Vita, etc... some of them very high ones like Nanoha and Hayate).
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:25   Link #3787
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Fiery Pit of the Southwest
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Yuuno, I like the sound of that.
I see what you did there. Even if it is terribly late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That will depend if it was an active Zero Driver present during that event. Tohma, a Zero Driver himself, cancelled a humongous amount of magical power in a single shot(A magical warship, various magical and non-magical equipement and personel along with some huge powerhouses like Fate, Subaru, Vita, etc... some of them very high ones like Nanoha and Hayate).
Well, If I remember correctly, we do know that the book typically annihilated the entire planet that it resided on when it was completed. Post-corruption, that is. If Reinforce had access to that level of power prior to corruption, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to be able to ignore or at least shrug off such a high degree of nullification.
__________________
The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.
Old_Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:34   Link #3788
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Well, If I remember correctly, we do know that the book typically annihilated the entire planet that it resided on when it was completed. Post-corruption, that is. If Reinforce had access to that level of power prior to corruption, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to be able to ignore or at least shrug off such a high degree of nullification.
....and that's what option "b" stand for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
b) simply chosen to blow herself up thus taking some of them with her and also reincarnating in another dimension far away from them.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:39   Link #3789
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Fiery Pit of the Southwest
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
....and that's what option "b" stand for...
Option 'd' assumes that she doesn't care about them enough to bother with their antics while still having the power available to her from 'b'.

It is pretty similar though, I will admit.
__________________
The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.
Old_Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:30   Link #3790
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Well, taking into consideration that a direct confrontation with a Zero Driver will likely force the Avatar of the Book of Darkness to take the "b" option i think i can agree with her choosing to keep a low profile in order to go unnoticed by the Eclipse.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:55   Link #3791
NTFTH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
An interesting question is that ...if Reinforce was contemporary with the first spreading of the Eclipse how she managed to survive? I guess she:

a) totally avoided any direct confrontation with Eclipse Drivers or...
b) simply chosen to blow herself up thus taking some of them with her and also reincarnating in another dimension far away from them.
Eclipse Drivers might not have been as much of a threat back then.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:07   Link #3792
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
Eclipse Drivers might not have been as much of a threat back then.
Not in the same fashion because, sure, the divider and reactor apparently are a recent improvement achieved with the combined efforts of the Vandin Corporation and the Huckebein family. But the Zero Driver apparently is something related to the original virus and thus probably found and exploited in Ancient Times. We also know that the main engine of the Esquad Huckebein is refered as a Lost Logia which also means it has it's uses in the distant past.

My guess is that probably the Eclipse was exploited more in quantity than in quality in the past, so, while only having the basic powers of an unreacted Eclipse Infected, they still are very dangerous living weapons able to outclass arguably any knight with ease due to their high numbers and increased attributes. And that's only talking about the Eclipse as it is, we still didn't know what happens with the Book of the Silver Cross and what his original powers are, unlike the Book of Darkness, the Book of the Silver Cross was meant to be a superweapon from the very beginning and probably is more effective than the former because of that.

We don't know what about Tohma and Curren's books at the moment or if they are even the real thing, the only thing we know is that those make those two into the strongest charactrers of Force so far.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 23:30   Link #3793
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Do we know Gil's age or when he was talent-spotted?
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:24   Link #3794
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Do we know Gil's age or when he was talent-spotted?
Pretty sure A's says he joined the Bureau 50 years ago under circumstances not unlike Nanoha's. If he was, like her, 10 years old at the time, that'd make him around 60 ins A's or 70 in StrikerS.
__________________
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:29   Link #3795
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
^ Probably, the poor man looked pretty old and tired in the A's Epilogue.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:53   Link #3796
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Pretty sure A's says he joined the Bureau 50 years ago under circumstances not unlike Nanoha's. If he was, like her, 10 years old at the time, that'd make him around 60 ins A's or 70 in StrikerS.
During the flashback, he looked a bit older than 10 (although granted, it can be hard to tell with anime). I'd say teens at least. He appears to look roughly Chrono's age, so I'd say 14 or 15.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:39   Link #3797
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
During the flashback, he looked a bit older than 10 (although granted, it can be hard to tell with anime). I'd say teens at least. He appears to look roughly Chrono's age, so I'd say 14 or 15.
Growing up in post-war England... I can see why he skipped planet. ^^;
__________________
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:09   Link #3798
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Has it been revealed yet what Claus Ingvalt's middle initials stand for?
__________________
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:18   Link #3799
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
He has middle initials?
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 01:50   Link #3800
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Yeah. His name is Klaus G.S. Ingvalt. And as far as I know, no, we don't know what his middle initials are.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.