AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-30, 23:30   Link #481
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I seriously want to watch this show because it's magical girl but I have to ask (and I'm sure it's been asked already) is Nanoha a yuri series? Because I've seen some pretty questionable images and seeing two nine-year-old girls kiss is a very disturbing thing to me....T_T;;

Or is it just fan-based?
Nanoha x Fate is an extremely popular pairing, and even within series, there's a lot of 'fanservice' to the pair from their interaction and their friendship, etc. Kinda like how you can say that Kira and Athrun gives each other 'that look' kind of thing.

But the explicit slap of the pair is really just fanbased. It's kinda like Get Backers or Saiyuki or even Gundam SEED/Wing. You can get those 'vibes' from the way they interact, but it's nothing explicit. It's barely shojo-ai, much less downright yuri.

There will be no kisses, just to add to that.

Everyone's a good friend. You can take it as that. BECAUSE IT IS THAT.

If you're a yuri fan, you can choose to read between the lines and assume they're homo. But don't expect it to be legitly canon, at least not thus far. (( and most likely never. ))
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 00:31   Link #482
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
There is, however, breast groping between Subaru and Teana.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 01:27   Link #483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is, however, breast groping between Subaru and Teana.
Which promptly results in her getting kicked of the bed. Besides, it's not as if breast groping isn't a common fanservice feature in anime.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 10:02   Link #484
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Ah that's good to know.^^ THanks.

Well......I kinda always thought breast-groping was sorta funny anyway.....
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 10:22   Link #485
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Ah that's good to know.^^ THanks.

Well......I kinda always thought breast-groping was sorta funny anyway.....

Well, that's one way of calling it I guess...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 05:14   Link #486
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Why was Erio blushing when Fate family hugged him and caro?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 05:16   Link #487
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
are talking about the last episode?
look closely, you would blush too if you were hugged by Fate like that in Sonic form and at the angle of Erio's head and where he was staring at...

well anyways, another reason would be that Erio doesn't know how to relate to Fate as either a mother figure or an older sister...remember when Caro and Erio had that conversation about how they both see Fate as and Erio couldn't come up with the words on what to see Fate as, so Caro had the suggestion to ask Fate in person with Erio, but Erio backed out and was blushing.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 10:10   Link #488
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Why did fate ask lindy on parenting tips in the sound stage?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 11:23   Link #489
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Because Fate is technically a mother of two kids, them being Erio and Caro.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 22:55   Link #490
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Because Fate is technically a mother of two kids, them being Erio and Caro.
what kind of parenting tips she ask about specifically?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 06:19   Link #491
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Off-topic, guys. This is Q & A.

Here's the real answer... but I haven't the SS02 with me at the moment, so I may be wrong...

It seems that even though Fate decided to jump guns with her 'adoption' stints due to whatever reason she chose to take in Erio and Caro in particular, it wasn't as if she did so with extreme confidence. In fact, she had a lot of insecurity and fear that she would fail as a 'guardian figure' for them, and she tried to prevent that by asking Leti and so-so on tips on being a good guardian and such.

However, SS02's emotional crack between Fate and E/C due to her constantly being too busy to accompany them, etc etc etc, she started to feel doubt lingering just as did Erio and Caro, which led the two parties of emo-mother and children seek..."counseling" with the BIG mother, and SMALL auntie/sister, Lindy and Arf so to speak.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:19   Link #492
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Why is Erio always around with Caro even in the anime,not to mention fanarts?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:24   Link #493
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Why is Erio always around with Caro even in the anime,not to mention fanarts?

Just because.



(Now don't make me kick you into the molten core...)
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:26   Link #494
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Why is Erio always around with Caro even in the anime,not to mention fanarts?
Because they're both Fate's kids and like each other.

...

And because it was made like that.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:33   Link #495
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just because.



(Now don't make me kick you into the molten core...)
Because of what?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:39   Link #496
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Because of what?

Because.


(Seriously, molten core...)
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:40   Link #497
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Elaboration time.

Firstly, Erio and Caro are about the same age.
Their the only two people in RF6 who are that young bar Vivio.
So naturally, kids like them tends to hang out together.
And they're in the same squad. More reasons to be hanging around with each other.
And the producers are obviously pairing them up.
The ErioXCaro pairing is popular.
They like each other. (Obviously. I'll kick you into Chaos' molten core if you say that you can't even see that.)
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:41   Link #498
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Because of what?
I guess because they needed a loli and shota for the show that starts on the good side and have a relationship with each other and develops Fate only to have a pretty pathetic final fight and now are living happily together unless there is a season 4.

They=creators by the way.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:41   Link #499
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
To show how close they are to each other. Like Subaru and Teana, for example. Those two are pretty close to each other and are always seen together like Erio and Caro.

Oh boy now I truly get it XD
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:44   Link #500
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mind I remind you that is Q & A?

Anyway, serious answer, because it's written that way, them being teammates, both being the shota/loli pair, Fate's adopted...'kids', sharing similar sentiments in their 'supposed' character development, etc.

As for fanarts... same reasons why Nanoha and Fate are seemingly always together in fanarts. Because there's that fanbase for them, that isn't obscured by other threats due to lack of development.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.