AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-20, 07:59   Link #61
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Scratches his head and wonders what the hell he just watched and the point of it all.
Old 2007-11-21, 22:11   Link #62
Silver Lynx

Okay, the series makes a WHOLE lot more sense when you watch all three episodes in a row. I watched all the episodes several months apart when they came out and I needed a mop to wipe up the blood leaking from my ears, but when I watched it all together... things become clearer.

Spoiler for Spoilers/theories ahead. Be warned. It's practically an essay. XD:
Silver Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 06:37   Link #63
Laura25
school days=wtf?

Send a message via MSN to Laura25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lynx View Post
Where was the source for the year 1985?

Basically, I took a guess at the year 1985 cuz of "old" Hitomi's hair I mean, c'mon, hairspray much?

Ah, on that note, I bet it was because of her heavy usage of the hairspray, and the resulting massive release of ozone-destroying CFCs into the air, causing the Earth to be susceptible to the solar dangers which would end up weakening up Earth and allowing humans to overuse and pollute natural resources, ultimately realizing that science is the key that fixes all, which it apparently is not, and then this discovery would ultimately cause man's destruction and the creation of this very very very long sentence that i'm trying to continue to add on to.

But wait! CFCs have been replaced with stuffs that don't hurt the ozone! Yay for us, we're saved!

Gimme a break, I just finished watching this at 4am. It was enjoyable, but like a few of you, I too have found a trail of red seeping from my ears.

Anyone else up to explaining their own interpretations?
Laura25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:01   Link #64
Silver Lynx

Ahh, okay. So "1985" wasn't really an actual time mentioned in the anime or other sources. That buggers up some of my theories, but reduces a lot of time discrepancies. You can't always tell from the hair, you know. Hell, there are people wandering around the world with mullets still and it's not impossible to see some ladies still sporting the hairspray induced lion hair of the 80's. Mind you, they're usually cougaring around bars. :P
Old 2007-11-24, 13:41   Link #65
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lynx View Post
Ahh, okay. So "1985" wasn't really an actual time mentioned in the anime or other sources.
In fact it was mentioned. The year is 1986 though, and it appears in the magazine Makoto (Aida Hitomi's brother) is reading in the first scene of episode 1. This is further corroborated by a calendar shown in the same scene.
Old 2007-11-24, 19:58   Link #66
Silver Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
In fact it was mentioned. The year is 1986 though, and it appears in the magazine Makoto (Aida Hitomi's brother) is reading in the first scene of episode 1. This is further corroborated by a calendar shown in the same scene.
Oh? I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to that part so I'll rewatch it later. For now, I guess those theories still hold with the gap changing to 26 years instead. I look forward to hearing other peoples' interpretations as well.
Old 2008-06-12, 14:48   Link #67
Alair

... what a weird show. I first thought the ending was rather depressing, seeming to be a sort of never-ending time warp between Hitomi becoming aware of the future / forgetting it / dying to rescue Yuki / Yuki suiciding / and then back to Hitomi of the past over and over again. Then I started to wonder though if time had changed and whether that meant the future could be changed and...

I really don't know what to think. I'm pretty sure I remember future Hitomi saying there were a lot of things she'd forgotten about, but...

I generally dislike inconclusive endings but it gets credit for originality, at least.
Alair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 19:33   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Thanks for reviving this thread. This show really does qualify as one of the weirdest I've seen. But actually I loved it, from its incomprehensible plot to its amateur seiyuus, it was all good, for me.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 01:35   Link #69
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I bet that Yuki's infant was a viable male. Hopefully, Satsuki didn't kill it.

Yeah, this was a different one but the pendant passing until they and the planet got it right at the end was kind of bittersweet. With Yuki in observer mode in the terraforming device, she was able to pass the pendant back to Hitomi in the past (different branch) who is connected to her future version of self (anime branch that we are observing) while in the coma. The past Hitomi's branch sprouted off a different branch because she got info from a future Hitomi but that branch got into a similar situation and failed. Pendant passed again (Yuki reset and link to the future branch with the problem) and it eventually got to a branch that is modified to an extent that it got it right. Male Hitomi successfully connected with Yuki. The planet is okay. We're shown that in the Yuki monologue.

It's like a variation of Noein. Only it's the speed version. The past Hitomi is a bifurcation point for different futures and the future Hitomi can interact with the past main Hitomi. But the "future" that is changed is not the branch that the Hitomi from the interacting future is on.

So we get the tag line "Yesterday, Today and No Future" when they get it wrong. We saw the 2 branches that failed and the one branch that got it right.

I loved it too.

Last edited by orion; 2008-06-16 at 02:13.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote