AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-21, 00:26   Link #3021
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Not necessarily, Agito with explosions alone managed to hold of against Freaking Reacted Tohma xDU Showing that well focused they can overcome the dividing effect by focusing on explosions. I doubt that will be enough to beat Cypha but surely will prolong the fight enough to search for another outcome. Laevatein was already breaking and with that knowledge a decoy could be settled to guide Cypha into a trap.
Touma =/= Cypha. Cypha have a lot more experiences with the Eclpse Vrus, so she can probably find a way around it. Not to mention that Cypha is much much faster than Touma, so she can get the hell out of dodge before the explosions start.

Quote:
Fire was weak against Cypha and Signum was also weak against her divider (remember the discussion about Vita in the Craddle xD), but even on account of that, one of the pivotal reasons the fight ended as humilliatingly terrible as it did was the fact the idiot ball was pressed so hard on Signum and Agito during that fight. they took terrible desicions, lost their cool pretty easily and overall acted like straight minded morons during that last attempt at capturing Cypha (another terrible desicion by the way, you said Signum wanted to capture Cypha alive and that was a disadvantage for her, if that was true Signum should have switched strategies for something more stealthly of lethal the moment she noticed Cypha was too much for her to chew ...instead she tried to capture her AGAIN with a spell she already saw failing to do that xDU).
Eh, no. I rewatched the fight, and Cypha broke Leinvaten AND took down Signum with a cross slash. And Signum disengage from Agito when she noticed the fire didn't work as well. Also, they don't know the exact extend of the Eclipse Virus and it regeneration ability, so she can't really use lethal force, seeing as her goal was to CAPTURE Cypha.

Quote:
Saying they "had no way to hold Cypha" or that it was "impossible" is just lazy thinking. Last season we just saw the Numbers who are FAR weaker than the main cast pull out come crazy effective strategies to put the heroes at stake.

Only in Reinforce Zwei's case. Chrono and Hayate had horri-long delay in casting and play Ice spells mostly for AoE attacks while Rein-chan seems to be far mroe versatile than anyone at ice magic to date xD
Nope.jpg. Again, at the time Cypha JUST appeared, and nobody know her exact abilities. Sure she wield a sword, but does she use them as close range or does she prefer to spam sword beam with it? Is she a tanker or a speedster? And so on and so forth. Also, this is just me, but I believe that the Numbers only pulled those stunts because they have prior knowledge of how the heroes fight. Due's role was a spy, and finding out about enemies strength and weaknesses is a spy's job.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:32   Link #3022
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Not necessarily, Agito with explosions alone managed to hold of against Freaking Reacted Tohma xDU Showing that well focused they can overcome the dividing effect by focusing on explosions. I doubt that will be enough to beat Cypha but surely will prolong the fight enough to search for another outcome. Laevatein was already breaking and with that knowledge a decoy could be settled to guide Cypha into a trap.
Yeah, that bit about Touma... never happened. I just looked back at the fight; the only explosions being used were done by Isis against Agito. Either get your facts right or stop lying, whichever it is you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Fire was weak against Cypha and Signum was also weak against her divider (remember the discussion about Vita in the Craddle xD), but even on account of that, one of the pivotal reasons the fight ended as humilliatingly terrible as it did was the fact the idiot ball was pressed so hard on Signum and Agito during that fight. they took terrible desicions, lost their cool pretty easily and overall acted like straight minded morons during that last attempt at capturing Cypha (another terrible desicion by the way, you said Signum wanted to capture Cypha alive and that was a disadvantage for her, if that was true Signum should have switched strategies for something more stealthly of lethal the moment she noticed Cypha was too much for her to chew ...instead she tried to capture her AGAIN with a spell she already saw failing to do that xDU).

Saying they "had no way to hold Cypha" or that it was "impossible" is just lazy thinking. Last season we just saw the Numbers who are FAR weaker than the main cast pull out come crazy effective strategies to put the heroes at stake.
*sigh* This again. It's already been explained to you a dozen times over why Signum acted like she did, and it wasn't because of an "Idiot Ball". She literally had no choice in the matter. Regardless, this is not the thread for such a debate. Refer back to the half a billion debates everyone's already had when trying to explain this element to you, though I doubt it'll do any good now since it certainly didn't do any good then.

I haven't got a bloody clue what you're trying to accomplish with the Numbers. The StrikerS teams were A) not invincible and B) weren't being defeated with spectacular strategies all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Only in Reinforce Zwei's case. Chrono and Hayate had horri-long delay in casting and play Ice spells mostly for AoE attacks while Rein-chan seems to be far mroe versatile than anyone at ice magic to date xD
And your point is... what, exactly?
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:40   Link #3023
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Touma =/= Cypha. Cypha have a lot more experiences with the Eclpse Vrus, so she can probably find a way around it. Not to mention that Cypha is much much faster than Touma, so she can get the hell out of dodge before the explosions start.
Maybe, but finding a way around that could cost her longer than insta-offing Signum like she did xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Eh, no. I rewatched the fight, and Cypha broke Leinvaten AND took down Signum with a cross slash. And Signum disengage from Agito when she noticed the fire didn't work as well. Also, they don't know the exact extend of the Eclipse Virus and it regeneration ability, so she can't really use lethal force, seeing as her goal was to CAPTURE Cypha.
Wait, what? Laevatein was broke by Cypha's elbow, THEN she took down Signum with a Cross Slash (pretty tame compared with what withstood at the cradle, so yeah, Signum is weak xD). Signum disengaged Agito before she noticed Fire was useless.

To elaborate, Agito put two spells on Signum's hands, one was a useless fireball spell the other was a bind ...yeah, a bind ...like the one Cypha effortlessly broke at the start of the fight xDU So they were trying to capture Cypha with a strategy involving running straight to the enemy with a heavily damaged weapon and two spells, one too weak to harm the target and the other already confirmed as ineffective in front of their very eyes ...about not knowing the extend of the Eclipse Virus power i think they got a good idea of it after they just saw Cypha regrowing a freaking arm like nothing xDU

If that's not holding the idiot ball i don't know what it is xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Nope.jpg. Again, at the time Cypha JUST appeared, and nobody know her exact abilities. Sure she wield a sword, but does she use them as close range or does she prefer to spam sword beam with it? Is she a tanker or a speedster? And so on and so forth. Also, this is just me, but I believe that the Numbers only pulled those stunts because they have prior knowledge of how the heroes fight. Due's role was a spy, and finding out about enemies strength and weaknesses is a spy's job.
Signum got a handful of info about what the Hucks can do, heck even the TSAB had a general idea. That's the very reason behind the developing of the AEC-units and Bardiche's awesome 5th Gen Upgrade. The rest of the details were easily filled within the first half of the fight were Signum measured Cypha's swordfight skills and confirmed she's pretty much a super tank with a powerfull healing factor.

Pull out a victory probably would be asking for a freaking miracle. I'll give you that Signum is too weak compared to her. But it's not impossible to develope strategies and counter attacks that prolong the fight. Instead of just trying to shoot Superman xDU
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:44   Link #3024
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol Signum's not weak, her opponent was wearing Golden Thief Bug Ghostring Panama Anti-Magic Eclipse Virus Armor that makes any magic and physical attacks useless XD
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:52   Link #3025
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
To elaborate, Agito put two spells on Signum's hands, one was a useless fireball spell the other was a bind ...yeah, a bind ...like the one Cypha effortlessly broke at the start of the fight xDU So they were trying to capture Cypha with a strategy involving running straight to the enemy with a heavily damaged weapon and two spells, one too weak to harm the target and the other already confirmed as ineffective in front of their very eyes ...about not knowing the extend of the Eclipse Virus power i think they got a good idea of it after they just saw Cypha regrowing a freaking arm like nothing xDU

If that's not holding the idiot ball i don't know what it is xDU
Refer to my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Pull out a victory probably would be asking for a freaking miracle. I'll give you that Signum is too weak compared to her. But it's not impossible to develope strategies and counter attacks that prolong the fight. Instead of just trying to shoot Superman xDU
All of the "strategies and counterattacks" you're talking about wouldn't fucking work at the time, Aki. We just got done telling you that.

So I'll say it again. Quit. Trolling.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:56   Link #3026
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Maybe, but finding a way around that could cost her longer than inta-offing Signum like she did xD
Uh, no. She can just shot straight through the explosions with her speed.

Quote:
Wait, what? Laevatein was broke by Cypha's elbow, THEN she took down Signum with a Cross Slash (pretty tame compared with what withstood at the cradle, so yeah, Signum is weak xD). Signum disengaged Agito before she noticed Fire was useless.
Nope.jpg. That was because the Hucks are a bunch of God Moded hax villain, not because Cypha was weak.

Quote:
To elaborate, Agito put two spells on Signum's hands, one was a useless fireball spell the other was a bind ...yeah, a bind ...like the one Cypha effortlessly broke at the start of the fight xDU So they were trying to capture Cypha with a strategy involving running straight to the enemy with a heavily damaged weapon and two spells, one too weak to harm the target and the other already confirmed as ineffective in front of their very eyes ...about not knowing the extend of the Eclipse Virus power i think they got a good idea of it after they just saw Cypha regrowing a freaking arm like nothing xDU

If that's not holding the idiot ball i don't know what it is xDU
How about the fact that there's literaly NOTHING ELSE she can do? Beside, they only saw Cypha regrowing an arm. That only shows a powerful regen ability, not a No sell magic and physical skin.

Quote:
Signum got a handful of info about what the Hucks can do, heck even the TSAB had a general idea. That's the very reason behind the developing of the AEC-units and Bardiche's awesome 5th Gen Upgrade. The rest of the details were easily filled within the first half of the fight were Signum measured Cypha's swordfight skills and confirmed she's pretty much a super tank with a powerfull healing factor.

Pull out a victory probably would be asking for a freaking miracle. I'll give you that Signum is too weak compared to her. But it's not impossible to develope strategies and counter attacks that prolong the fight. Instead of just trying to shoot Superman xDU
I'm not just talking about the Virus. I'm also talking about fighting style. Each and every one have a different style - unless it's an alternate future self that came back to kill you. Also, even if she managed to measure Cypha's skill, what can she do? She doesn't have the equipment nor the experience - against Eclipse Virus - to deal with Cypha. So losing doesn't make her weak. This is like asking Batman to beat Superman on the first try without prep time and no way to get access to Kryptonite - since you wnat to use comic books example.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:57   Link #3027
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, that bit about Touma... never happened. I just looked back at the fight; the only explosions being used were done by Isis against Agito. Either get your facts right or stop lying, whichever it is you're doing.
Yeah..no, Agito just tanked Silver Hammer in order to protect Signum from it almost at the end of the fight. And that was an attack coming from a fully reacted divider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She literally had no choice in the matter.
She had, little, but she had. She could attempted to move the fight away from Lily when Cypha was trying to kill her. Also trying to capture her with an already proven ineffective method like that bind seemed to be pretty out-of-character for a leader type warrior like her. Signum already knew how screwed she was on that fight and if her main goal was to buy time or trying to keep the attention of the enemy there was a dozen better ways to to that with her current resources than the one shown on page (i already mentioned some of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Regardless, this is not the thread for such a debate.
Half-agreed, we are discussing the effectiveness of Fire MCA against other elements and Cypha's fight just work wonders as an example for that. For the rest of the details corncerning the fight i wonder if there's a thread focused on fighting strategies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I haven't got a bloody clue what you're trying to accomplish with the Numbers. The StrikerS teams were A) not invincible and B) weren't being defeated with spectacular strategies all the time.
You're right, they weren't defeated only by spectacular strategies, but also by simple, yet effective ones. Quattro is a despicable monster but i cannot dney her moves were pretty smart and gave lots of troubles to LOTS of people more than capable of wiping her out of the map. Scaglietti and his group knew when and how to pull strings to turn the tides on their favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And your point is... what, exactly?
That not every ice mage had near-MCA dominion over Ice, in fact, Rein-chan seems to be the only one for now.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:03   Link #3028
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yeah..no, Agito just tanked Silver Hammer in order to protect Signum from it almost at the end of the fight. And that was an attack coming from a fully reacted divider.
Which isn't what you were talking about, that was her defending from an attack, and we don't know how she did it, and it probably wasn't an explosion that did the defending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
She had, little, but she had. She could attempted to move the fight away from Lily when Cypha was trying to kill her.
Why, so Touma could've killed Lily and Isis while he was beginning to lose himself to the virus? Your logic is flawed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Also trying to capture her with an already proven ineffective method like that bind seemed to be pretty out-of-character for a leader type warrior like her.
What kind of fucking logic is that? "Binds are out of character"? Do you even listen to what you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Signum already knew how screwed she was on that fight and if her main goal was to buy time or trying to keep the attention of the enemy there was a dozen better ways to to that with her current resources than the one shown on page (i already mentioned some of them).
Which--surprise!--didn't work, just like I said. Nothing Signum could've done would've worked against Cypha, so holding out was impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
You're right, they weren't defeated only by spectacular strategies, but also by simple, yet effective ones. Quattro is a despicable monster but i cannot dney her moves were pretty smart and gave lots of troubles to LOTS of people more than capable of wiping her out of the map. Scaglietti and his group knew when and how to pull strings to turn the tides on their favor.
Quattro never fought anyone nor did she defeat anyone. Once again, I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That not every ice mage had near-MCA dominion over Ice, in fact, Rein-chan seems to be the only one for now.
Which, once again, isn't what we were fucking talking about, so get back on track.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:13   Link #3029
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Aki why you like holding out against someone when you're a Wizard and he is wearing a Golden Thief Bug card. It's not gonna work against someone with anti-magic, no matter what you use XD

And no, Signum's not weak just because Cypha gained "anti-magic"
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:14   Link #3030
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
And to think, this whole logic-fuck of a debate started because of Arisa.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:15   Link #3031
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Uh, no. She can just shot straight through the explosions with her speed.
Considering Signum has better reaction time than Cypha i think that might work at least for a little while xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
How about the fact that there's literaly NOTHING ELSE she can do? Beside, they only saw Cypha regrowing an arm. That only shows a powerful regen ability, not a No sell magic and physical skin.
Funny, i remember Signum specifically referring to the fact Laevatein got damaged because she felt like hitting something really hard xDU About the no sell magic, Cypha dispelled the fireballs before Signum assaulted her yet Signum just decided to continue with that awful plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I'm not just talking about the Virus. I'm also talking about fighting style. Each and every one have a different style - unless it's an alternate future self that came back to kill you. Also, even if she managed to measure Cypha's skill, what can she do? She doesn't have the equipment nor the experience - against Eclipse Virus - to deal with Cypha. So losing doesn't make her weak. This is like asking Batman to beat Superman on the first try without prep time and no way to get access to Kryptonite - since you wnat to use comic books example.
Funny you mention Batman, if he were in such a situation he won't be a brash moron trying to beat the man of steel instead he'll try to play with his psyche and prolong thing until the moment he find a way to either turn the fight in his favour or to get the hell out of there. Even if he doesn't success i'm pretty sure he could do better or at least last longer than if he tried what Signum did xDU That only talks about how hardheaded she was during that fight.

Batman is weaker than almost EVERYONE in the DC universe yet he managed to do well because he avoids the idiot ball (well, most of the time, he has screwed things up pretty hard some times due to very bad writers who tend to forget he's the Goddamn Batman xDU).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which isn't what you were talking about, that was her defending from an attack, and we don't know how she did it, and it probably wasn't an explosion that did the defending.
Unless Agito somehow learned how to punch out energy attack shot from a reacted divider i think the big explosion we saw it's pretty self-explanatory.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why, so Touma could've killed Lily and Isis while he was beginning to lose himself to the virus? Your logic is flawed here.
Yeah, because fighting the two togheter against an EC Driver worked SO well ...surely the best idea is to split forces xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What kind of fucking logic is that? "Binds are out of character"? Do you even listen to what you say?
Nope, using a spell you know it won't work against an enemy who is clearly superior to you in almost every way sans speed and that you plan on assaulting head on IT'S out of character for a character usually renowed as a skilled and intelligent fighter xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which--surprise!--didn't work, just like I said. Nothing Signum could've done would've worked against Cypha, so holding out was impossible.
How do you know that if Signum didn't tried those? And by the way, if that's true, it nothing Signum could've done would've worked against Cypha. That doesn't make Signum weak by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Quattro never fought anyone nor did she defeat anyone. Once again, I don't know what you're talking about.
Because she doesn't need to, she administrates the talents and weaknesses of those around her to perform keen strategies that proven effective in delivering critical blows to RF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which, once again, isn't what we were fucking talking about, so get back on track.
Uh.. weren't we talking about Mana Conversion Affinity and the mechanics/effectiveness of elements in the Nanohaverse o.o?
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:16   Link #3032
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
That's the saddest thing ever. Akiyoshi probably thought that if you can't burn Geodude with Charmander, you can't burn Diglett XD

Akiyoshi, she was wearing a Golden Thief Bug card. Just because she was anti-magic, doesn't make fire the suckiest element of them all XD (I use fire in everything. Killing things with fire has been done XD)
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:17   Link #3033
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Aki why you like holding out against someone when you're a Wizard and he is wearing a Golden Thief Bug card. It's not gonna work against someone with anti-magic, no matter what you use XD
Sorry pal, i won't buy that because Signum is not a Wizard ...Hayate is a Wizard, Signum is a Knight/Lord Knight xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:20   Link #3034
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Sorry pal, i won't buy that because Signum is not a Wizard ...Hayate is a Wizard, Signum is a Knight/Lord Knight xD
lol fine fine, Signum's a Lord Knight and she's not weak just because someone had a Ghostring card.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:26   Link #3035
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Unless Agito somehow learned how to punch out energy attack shot from a reacted divider i think the big explosion we saw it's pretty self-explanatory.
You would think of something that illogical and claim it as fact. The explosion probably caused by the Silver Hammer attack. Blocking an attack with an explosion doesn't make any damn sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yeah, because fighting the two togheter against an EC Driver worked SO well ...surely the best idea is to split forces xDU
And you're back to not making any goddamn sense again. Big surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Nope, using a spell you know it won't work against an enemy who is clearly superior to you in almost every way sans speed and that you plan on assaulting head on IT'S out of character for a character usually renowed as a skilled and intelligent fighter xDU

How do you know that if Signum didn't tried those? And by the way, if that's true, it nothing Signum could've done would've worked against Cypha. That doesn't make Signum weak by default?
News flash, Aki! NONE OF HER SPELLS WOULD'VE WORKED. That's the whole goddamn point of anti-magic! So no, it doesn't make her weak--that's just your screwed up logic talking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Uh.. weren't we talking about Mana Conversion Affinity and the mechanics/effectiveness of elements in the Nanohaverse o.o?
For this particular segment of the... ugh... debate... it was about the learning of mana conversion. You just twisted it into something else and are going who-knows-where with it, like usual.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:39   Link #3036
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
News flash, Aki! NONE OF HER SPELLS WOULD'VE WORKED. That's the whole goddamn point of anti-magic! So no, it doesn't make her weak--that's just your screwed up logic talking!
Not directly at least, EC Virus and Divider only dispell magic on direct contact, collateral non-magical effects cannot be cancelled (that was the whole point behind Isis's perfume magic and Hayate's Heimdall). Signum was fighting in a forest on a valley, which allow for some interesting ways to play with her resources ...the point is not on beating Cypha but to take the mission as closer as possible to a good resolution.

Signum being weak is a given but at least i would like to see her at least "trying" something smart instead of ...well, you know.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:43   Link #3037
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Not directly at least, EC Virus and Divider only dispell magic on direct contact, collateral non-magical effects cannot be cancelled (that was the whole point behind Isis's perfume magic and Hayate's Heimdall). Signum was fighting in a forest on a valley, which allow for some interesting ways to play with her resources ...the point is not on beating Cypha but to take the mission as closer as possible to a good resolution.

Signum being weak is a given but at least i would like to see her at least "trying" something smart instead of ...well, you know.
Hitting Cypha with a tree is going to be about as effective as hitting her with Laevatein was.

Which was, when Cypha was Reacted, not fucking effective at all. Again. All of Signum's abilities were useless in that fight due to her lack of an AEC Armament. Delaying until reinforcements arrived wasn't possible--especially when you consider that there was another goddamn Huckebein lying in wait, and another Eclipse user about to go goddamn berserk.

Victory. Wasn't. POSSIBLE. And that is not due to Signum or fire being weak. So again. Knock it off with this troll argument.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:51   Link #3038
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hitting Cypha with a tree is going to be about as effective as hitting her with Laevatein was.

Which was, when Cypha was Reacted, not fucking effective at all. Again. All of Signum's abilities were useless in that fight due to her lack of an AEC Armament. Delaying until reinforcements arrived wasn't possible--especially when you consider that there was another goddamn Huckebein lying in wait, and another Eclipse user about to go goddamn berserk.

Victory. Wasn't. POSSIBLE. And that is not due to Signum or fire being weak. So again. Knock it off with this troll argument.
He probably meant burning the forest.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:55   Link #3039
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hitting Cypha with a tree is going to be about as effective as hitting her with Laevatein was.
What about an exploding tree in flames, Cypha can't dispell that xD? Or what about falling rocks? Come on, this is almost MacGuiver stuff we're talking about and Signum just happens to be a flying brick with augmented human strenght who can spread fire and whose companion can produce explosions.

What about shockwaves in close spaces? What about decoys? You are seriously tell me the only way Signum has con continue the fight was to do the exact thing that will get the worse result possible? How is that even logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which was, when Cypha was Reacted, not fucking effective at all. Again. All of Signum's abilities were useless in that fight due to her lack of an AEC Armament.
Wow what? i think we're just overestimating AEC-units here, Signum can fly, hit and react faster than Cypha can. It's like saying an assasin cannot beat a paladin just because it lacks strenght to pass trough his armor, which is the sad truth in most cases mind you ...but not an unbreakable gospel rule. Fire can affect a lot of stuff around instead of Cypha ...Signum or Agito could have started a fire in the forest to force areaction from Tohma or whatever people were hidding there. they were doomed because they were too close-minded to consider options other that jumping straight into Cypha's blade xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Delaying until reinforcements arrived wasn't possible--especially when you consider that there was another goddamn Huckebein lying in wait, and another Eclipse user about to go goddamn berserk.
Signum could have attempted to attract the Berserk EC driver to their fight so Cypha has to deal with him as well. Signum wasn't aware of Arnage's presence so that at least sound like a good plan from her point of view. At least one that will guarantee she won't be instantly offed in a second xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Victory. Wasn't. POSSIBLE.
Impossible is not a word to be used in the Nanoha series. Painfull, difficult or hard as hell, maybe ...but impossible is just lazy talking. And that's also another fact against Signum's defeat it wasn't even that cool, it was just lazy.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 02:09   Link #3040
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
What about an exploding tree in flames, Cypha can't dispell that xD? Or what about falling rocks? Come on, this is almost MacGuiver stuff we're talking about and Signum just happens to be a flying brick with augmented human strenght who can spread fire and whose companion can produce explosions.

What about shockwaves in close spaces? What about decoys? You are seriously tell me the only way Signum has con continue the fight was to do the exact thing that will get the worse result possible? How is that even logical?
Does "broken weaponry" and "lack of illusion magic" mean fucking anything to you, Aki? I suspect that it doesn't.

And seriously, burning down the forest? "Oh no, a forest fire! This would be really bad if I couldn't fly!"

Except she can fly, so it's not really a viable option. Throwing boulders isn't really effective either given their size and weight and such. You're grasping at air, Aki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow what? i think we're just overestimating AEC-units here, Signum can fly, hit and react faster than Cypha can. It's like saying an assasin cannot beat a paladin just because it lacks strenght to pass trough his armor, which is the sad truth in most cases mind you ...but not an unbreakable gospel rule. Fire can affect a lot of stuff around instead of Cypha ...Signum or Agito could have started a fire in the forest to force areaction from Tohma or whatever people were hidding there. they were doomed because they were too close-minded to consider options other that jumping straight into Cypha's blade xDU
You're doing that "stupid logic" thing again.

Signum being able to fly and hit hard means jack shit when her opponent is invincible to her attacks and can also fly and was also breaking her weaponry. So no, I'm not overestimating AEC Armaments here. Without one, Signum wouldn't be able to win. End of fucking story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Signum could have attempted to attract the Berserk EC driver to their fight so Cypha has to deal with him as well. Signum wasn't aware of Arnage's presence so that at least sound like a good plan from her point of view. At least one that will guarantee she won't be instantly offed in a second xDU
Well, Arnage also could've just told Cypha she'd deal with it, so Cypha wouldn't need to fall for such a ploy, and Signum's lack of awareness of Arnage's presence hardly matters; ultimately it meant that victory was still impossible for Signum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Impossible is not a word to be used in the Nanoha series. Painfull, difficult or hard as hell, maybe ...but impossible is just lazy talking. And that's also another fact against Signum's defeat it wasn't even that cool, it was just lazy.
Well, let's see... bringing back Alicia from the dead? Impossible. Claus winning against Olive? Impossible. Reinforce being saved permanently from the Book of Darkness? Impossible.

For a show that you're saying "doesn't have impossible things", there's certainly a few impossible things in it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.