AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 10:54   Link #1401
Rith

Does anyone have a complete collection of the translated notes from the DVD booklets?
Rith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 01:23   Link #1402
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Erm... Hi, I'm new here.

I'm sorry for going off to another topic from what you guys are discussing(the current dimensional thing is driving me nuts), but I'd like to ask what was the thing that Vivio had before Jail super-buffed her into adult Vivio? She had that self-defense system thing, right? What was it called and how did it work?

edit: sorry if it's been asked before. I got lost in pages and pages of stuff whe using search.
It's the 'Armor of the Saint', which is apparently some sort of permanent defensive barrier possessed by members of the Belkan royal family.

She had it in her adult form too.
Old 2008-08-31, 01:33   Link #1403
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
It's the 'Armor of the Saint', which is apparently some sort of permanent defensive barrier possessed by members of the Belkan royal family.

Thank's for answering. Just for the record, what is the German name for it?
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:20   Link #1404
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

As far as I recall, it never had a German name in the anime, but roughly translated it would be something along the lines of 'Sankt Panzer.' Kyral would probably be able to give a more accurate translation.
Old 2008-09-01, 06:36   Link #1405
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Let's see. It was "seiou no yoroi" "Armor of the Holy King".

Yes, it never had a official German name.

So my translation would be "Rüstung des Sankt Kaisers".
Old 2008-09-01, 06:51   Link #1406
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So it's rüstung? Guess I was slightly off with panzer, but rüstung sounds so much like uitrusting, which is the Dutch word for equipment. Confusing. What is he difference between rüstung and panzer anyway?
Old 2008-09-01, 08:22   Link #1407
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I was under the impression that panzer had something to do with "tank".
Old 2008-09-01, 08:29   Link #1408
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

I just checked with a friend. Panzer is more of "armour; tank; shell", while (ritter)rüstung goes more along the lines of "armament; armour".

So, I guess it'll go more along the name of "Rustung des Sankt Kaiser", like Kyral translated.

Thanks for checking it up, guys.
Old 2008-09-01, 09:57   Link #1409
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yes, Kha and Nya~n are right.

"Panzer" is the german word for "tank"

The word "Panzer" comes from the word "Panzerung" wich means "Armor" if applied to things like vehicles, mechs and also animals (insects, turtles, dragons you name it)

"Rüstung" is the word for the "protective clothing" knights and warriors had.

Maybe this is why it is so familiar with "uitrusting" as it is a type of equipment.

For another example of word changing. The german word "Ritter" (Knight) comes from "Reiter" (Rider)
Another interessting thing is that the word "Knight" is related to the german word "Knecht" (Servant).

Er... sorry... i think that had nothing to do with the question.
Old 2008-09-01, 10:14   Link #1410
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

The word "Panzer" comes from the word "Panzerung" wich means "Armor" if applied to things like vehicles, mechs and also animals (insects, turtles, dragons you name it)

Maybe this is why it is so familiar with "uitrusting" as it is a type of equipment.

For another example of word changing. The german word "Ritter" (Knight) comes from "Reiter" (Rider)
Another interessting thing is that the word "Knight" is related to the german word "Knecht" (Servant).

Don't Worry about it, Its good to know anyways
Seraph42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:39   Link #1411
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
Don't Worry about it, Its good to know anyways
So true. Free 'Belkan' lessons!
Old 2008-09-01, 10:54   Link #1412
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

I see, well, one bit more German lessons recovered.

It's funny, because Dutch is very similar to the German words you noted. "Ritter" is "Ridder" to us, while "Reiter" is "Ruiter"

Knecht is exactly the same, though the pronounciation is probably different.
Old 2008-09-01, 10:58   Link #1413
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

That means Knight and Servant have the same root word in Belka! I'm SOOOO vindicated with FSN now!!!

Old 2008-09-01, 20:19   Link #1414
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post

Just to make sure this 'Armor of the Saint' is/is not the same as a "barrier jacket"?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 21:27   Link #1415
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well, it isn't her clothes and it from the way Quattro talked it up it sounds like it's a much stronger defense than the barrier jackets.
Old 2008-09-01, 21:42   Link #1416
Estavali
にゃのです!

The Armor of the Sankt Kaiser (聖王の鎧) is actually an Inherent Skill, even though Vivio isn't a Combat Cyborg. From what we can gather from SSX, it would seems that Ancient Belka had the same ideas that our Good Doktor has, creating human weapons with built-in skills, though for them this was applied to their rulers.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 22:31   Link #1417
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
The Armor of the Sankt Kaiser (聖王の鎧) is actually an Inherent Skill, even though Vivio isn't a Combat Cyborg. From what we can gather from SSX, it would seems that Ancient Belka had the same ideas that our Good Doktor has, creating human weapons with built-in skills, though for them this was applied to their rulers.
Questions about "Armor of the Sankt Kaiser"
So can it be dispelled or disabled?
How much stronger is it that a "barrier jacket"? (I already know that it didn't grant Vivio invincibility)

Questions about "Skills"
Can these "built-in skills" be duplicated via non-built in skills?
Can they be dispelled or disabled?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 22:38   Link #1418
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
How much stronger is it that a "barrier jacket"? (I already know that it didn't grant Vivio invincibility)
Let me put it this way: during the Numbers' retrieval attempt, Quattro was confident that hitting her with an attack with power greater than an S-rank bombardment spell wouldn't do anything to her. And this was before she was powered up by her relic and her connection to the Cradle.

Exactly how strong a barrier jacket is tends to vary depending on who you ask, and the best answer we've been able to come up with is "it has the strength of plot". In other words, "it's as strong as it needs to be in any given engagement". That said, the Saint's Armor renders Vivio completely immune to magical and physical damage.

In fact, I'd like to know where you got the impression that the armor doesn't grant her invincibility; the only reason Nanoha was able to beat her was because she blasted the relic right out of Vivio's chest and severed the Cradle's ability to use her as a defensive system.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 23:11   Link #1419
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Nothings invincible, the armor's just renown for being invincible :P
Old 2008-09-01, 23:14   Link #1420
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
In fact, I'd like to know where you got the impression that the armor doesn't grant her invincibility; the only reason Nanoha was able to beat her was because she blasted the relic right out of Vivio's chest and severed the Cradle's ability to use her as a defensive system.
But to blast the relic inside Vivio wouldn't it be necessary to penetrate that armor? After all, it's only logical to think that the barrier protects Vivio and everything inside her. Also, if the "Armor of the Sankt Kaiser" provides somekind of godlike state together with the power of the relic, then why was Vivio tired during the battle with Nanoha? (She was tired, wasn't she? I don't really remember now )
Or, another solution, the white devil finally reached a a position between the strongest gods, even more powerful than Vivio
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote