AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-04-09, 09:45   Link #561
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

great, thanks for the help will definitely check those out
Old 2011-04-09, 17:45   Link #562
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Posters ... From magazines. Wall Scrolls .. Maybe HLJ.com ? Amazon does not ship wall scrolls to overseas sadly, and most shops you see out there with wall scrolls as cheap as 5 or 10 bucks, are fakes. Sure, it might look good but it's not official merchandise ..

I'd recommend you to Megami Magazine and NyanType. Or if you're female, you may enjoy Animedia, Animage, Newtype and PASH. For the former two, they each come with 10-12 43x29,5cm posters plus sometimes a huge B2 poster or other freebies. These are all aimed for males and are usually full of fanservice from the currently airing series. See here and here for this month's posters. Note that all posters have picture on both sides, so it totals to about 10-12 posters per month.

The latter are aimed more for females as they have posters also from series that are aimed for females like Hetalia, Togainu no Chi, Kuroshitsuji and so on. They do have posters from other series too though. Animedia, Animage and Newtype come each with typically 1-3 posters per month plus Clearfiles or other merchandise. PASH usually comes with some stickers and five posters per month. ( PASH is released once per two months )

You can buy any of these magazines from Amazon.co.jp. Some magazines are also at HLJ, 1999.co.jp, Amiami and so on.

Recommendation from me would be to stick to the magazines. Finding wall scrolls is hard for official ones, and official ones are expensive. Magazines however, are cheap. They usually cost 700-1000 yen per each .. Megami is 780Yen I think and it comes with 10 posters so I think it's a pretty good deal.
So you've talked about magazines and I was wondering if there was any way an european like me could get a subscription to one of those magazines (mostly newtype).

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 08:02   Link #563
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So you've talked about magazines and I was wondering if there was any way an european like me could get a subscription to one of those magazines (mostly newtype).
Either CDJapan or Jlist/Jbox should help although I think the latter would have the cheaper pricing option since for 12 months with SAL shipping Jlist charges around 137 (or around 155 Euros) and CDJapan charges around 20 (or euros) more.

http://www.jlist.com/product/RESERVE04

^ that is the link for the newtype subscription.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 10:06   Link #564
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I wouldn't recommend a subscription. One is the cost of the subscription. It's not really any cheaper than buying them invidually .. only you will be reserved one copy for sure but then again Newtype isn't one of those that run out fast. I would avoid JList for two reasons ; Expensive magazines and shipping, and bad packing. Expect to get your magazines in condition where posters may be damaged.

The second reason is the fact that the contents of the magazines vary greatly per each month. Sometimes they may come with just one poster and that's it and I frankly don't think it's worth of the money you'll be paying for it.

By the way, I live in Europe too ( Finland ). I buy my stuff from Amazon but the shipping is expensive unless you buy lots at once. Since I buy all the magazines I listed monthly it's the cheapest option for me over subscriptions from some times.

Here is the link for Newtype on HLJ : http://www.hlj.com/product/KDKNT1105
As you can see, the magazine costs about 5,50€. If you order this from there each month and pick SAL shipping, it should cost you about 10-12€ per magazine making it much cheaper than buying a subscription from JList. The main problem with JList is that they don't sell at the retail prices but much higher and their shipping is really expensive.'

All in all, I would definitely advise against using JList or CDJapan. An alternative would be to use bk1.jp for subscriptions. Their site is completely in japanese but they do ship overseas and it's easy to use with google translate. Their prices are about same as HLJ though so you may like HLJ better.

By the way .. Why do you exactly want Newtype and not any of the other ones ? I think Megami or NyanType would be better for you if you're buying them for their freebies. Also if you don't get a subscription and are buying these for the posters and freebies, then all the better as you could choose one ( or more ) of these five magazines to buy each month depending on what content they come with. You can always find out in advance what posters come with each from the two links I posted earlier for Megami/Nyantype, and for Animage, Animedia and Newtype you can find images from japanese blogs with a little bit of digging. ( Or from their homepage )
Old 2011-04-11, 11:04   Link #565
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Ok, thanks for the tips. I was mostly interested in checking the prices for subscriptions cause they might be cheaper than buying single editions but since that doesn't happen it's a moot point then. For my interest on them it's mostly to try and keep my japanese fresh and help me slowly improve and magazines are my favourite medium anyway, I wasn't looking much at the freebies.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 22:51   Link #566
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Does anyone know how to combine unshipped orders from Amazon Japan? I haven't had to do this before and I can't find a button or drop down for it on my orders page.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 08:40   Link #567
Dist

Go to your orders page and there should be a button there in english stating '' Combine ''. ( Assuming you have turned the site in english )

Do not however, that if the orders are in the process of being packed, it is no longer possible to combine them. Also if you've used your points towards your orders, likewise you can't combine the orders.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:31   Link #568
Aaerul

kawaii boushi

I'm looking to purchase Hats like the ones pictured below.

Or the one on mitsuki senpai

I've tried places like 1999, amiami, Amazon.co.jp and Rakuten. No luck

Anyone?

edit: fixed images

Last edited by Aaerul; 2011-05-16 at 00:55. Reason: fix images
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 17:44   Link #569
Dist

You can't hotlink to pictures like that, and even if you could, you're always supposed to save the image to your computer and then upload it to image host and link to there. But in short ; The image does not show up. That link is obviously expiring one so it doesn't work .. You might see it but only because it's saved on your cache.
Old 2011-05-19, 19:10   Link #570
snsninja

Hello everyone.
After buying a issue of the japanese Newtype magazine from a con I was wondering what is the best (read cheap but offical ) website to buy a year subscription?
I was planning on getting it from J list tommorrow, but when I looked to see the full price- instead of $11 it was $255! (It's most likely from shipping, but still!)
If I could get some replies as soon as possible that'd be great!
Also preferbly in US dollars, as I don't have yen.
Thank you in advance!
snsninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 08:02   Link #571
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsninja View Post
Hello everyone.
After buying a issue of the japanese Newtype magazine from a con I was wondering what is the best (read cheap but offical ) website to buy a year subscription?
I was planning on getting it from J list tommorrow, but when I looked to see the full price- instead of $11 it was $255! (It's most likely from shipping, but still!)
If I could get some replies as soon as possible that'd be great!
Also preferbly in US dollars, as I don't have yen.
Thank you in advance!
The price you get from J-List is for 12 issues with SAL shipping included ($11 for each issue and around $10 for the shipping per issue) although you could look at the month by month option to see if it is cheaper then the flat rate annual subscription.
Old 2011-05-21, 15:45   Link #572
Dist

Look at previous page or page before that. I just wrote quite lengthy post(s) about the magazine subscriptions. In short though, it's not worth of it to buy an year subscription, especially not from J-List. Read my posts to find out why etc. And depending on the reason you want Newtype, there may be alternative and better magazines available (if you're after posters, for example).

And for the record, the comment '' I don't have yen '' doesn't make any sense. If you buy online you can pay in any currency and it will be converted when you pay. If you pay with paypal, which I recommend if you run into any problems ( missing items etc. ), the converted amount will be shown in the checkout. If you use credit card you can use online currency convertors to see the estimate. Or with bank transfer, you can obviously again, pay with the converted currency.
Old 2011-06-04, 23:41   Link #573
Seitsuki
Onee!

Alright, my no. 1 proxy shipper now no longer accepts orders from places like Toranoana. I mean they don't even care what you're ordering, it's like they assume everyone's gonna be getting hardcore BL stuff or something when I just want my damn artbooks. Anyone know of a proxy which can still ship from such sites? Preferably not too expensive >.>
Old 2011-06-05, 17:08   Link #574
Dist

^
http://japantoy.biz/

Since you didn't mention your proxy, I can't compare prices. I've used Japantoy once before, which also was my first proxy so far and everything went well. The site was a bit complicated to use, but everything else went smoothly.

On another note though, artbooks are generally available from Amazon.co.jp. Amazon also ships internationally so why not use that..?
Old 2011-06-05, 20:05   Link #575
Seitsuki
Onee!

Was using fromjapan.co.jp

Um, I *would* use Amazon, but when I say artbooks I don't mean "official" artbooks like VFBs or the like. It's more... informal stuff. If you know what I mean. Utterly clean though. Really.

Oh and I really dislike Amazon's shipping method. Extra fee per ITEM? Come on.
Old 2011-06-06, 13:38   Link #576
Dist

Extra fee per item.. huh? If you order from any other shop, the shipping cost goes by weight. In Amazon, it goes by amount of items. Amazon's shipping method is 1000x better than any other shop, if you buy ALOT. For individual items though, it's not very good. Just for comparison ; If you buy 10x 500g magazines from Amazon, it's 6100Yen carried to your doorstep. Any other shop would offer you a shipping cost of 9100Yen for 5kg (EMS), and it's not carried to your doorstep.

But it's not good for individual items, only if you order a lot. And no, I don't know what you mean? Are we talking about doujinshi? That's not an artbook.. If it's something else, then I don't know.

Anyway, check the rates of japantoy.biz and see if it's good for you.
Old 2011-07-12, 02:38   Link #577
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Question, what do anime lovers look in buying an anime dvd? The quality? The price? Or in my sake, just content enough that I am able to see the anime and have a copy of it for storage....in my archives...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 22:37   Link #578
Tager

This may only be in North America but when i was going to &-Eleven the ohter day, I had found the firt two disc of Full Metal Panic. This was a surprise to be however it made me wonder why it was here and why Evangelion 1.0 was right next to it, not to bad mouth it, its just a very odd place to see anime DVDs being sold. From what I remember the disc for the FMP were $6.99 each and made me wonder how they had made their way into the shelves of a 7-Eleven.

Now whether they were fake or not I could not distinguish because i do not own the dvds and have no knowledge of them.

I seek an answer to this to see if they are fake or not.
Tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 06:13   Link #579
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tager View Post
This may only be in North America but when i was going to &-Eleven the ohter day, I had found the firt two disc of Full Metal Panic. This was a surprise to be however it made me wonder why it was here and why Evangelion 1.0 was right next to it, not to bad mouth it, its just a very odd place to see anime DVDs being sold. From what I remember the disc for the FMP were $6.99 each and made me wonder how they had made their way into the shelves of a 7-Eleven.

Now whether they were fake or not I could not distinguish because i do not own the dvds and have no knowledge of them.

Considering the series was originally licensed by ADV and they were the only ones to release singles then as long as they have the ADV films logo (and they have 4 episodes a disc) then their legit, but it would be pretty pointless to buy them since getting the remaining discs would be pretty hard since they're already out of print and the complete collection set released by funimation would be cheaper then getting the original ADV single disc releases.
Old 2011-07-13, 19:10   Link #580
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tager View Post

A 7-11 eh? That's interesting.

Usually I find my anime stuff at Fry's, a California based electronics store.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime