AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-13, 13:23   Link #721
allinallitsme
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: in a mad world
Send a message via Skype™ to allinallitsme
GODKILLER: tomorrows ashes digital/physical comic subscription?!

GODKILLER: tomorrows ashes. which ive been trying to find for a couple years, i have found out that they have released a mini series of digital comics.. but of course im running into problems again w getting a subscription! i have found prices, different packages, etc.. the Facebook page even talks about the weekly books coming out for subscribers w the cover art posted.
so, my question is. has anyone got in on this? how did you go about it? if not, do you know anybody who has? maybe you know how?
its a comic series. i have went to a few comic sites that have descriptions of GODKILLER: TOMORROWS ASHES and artwork.. but not one link to buy!?
ive went as far as to inbox the fb page. the GODKILLER site and IMDB are both dead ends w the last posts being in 2011
ive been hanging onto this cliff for 4 years! any information would be greatly appreciated friends!
__________________
allinallitsme
allinallitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 17:47   Link #722
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Does anyone know where I can buy the english versions of Weiβ Schwarz TCG decks? (I'm in Europe btw)
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 17:05   Link #723
Blanchimont
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The wonderful country of Finland^^
A question.

Finding and using third-party shopping services to buy from Japan things that might not be available for import otherwise is fairly easy, but...

Is there something equivalent for, example, the UK? Like, one who could, for example, bid on a region-exclusive Kickstarter?

Just asking.
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 16:26   Link #724
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
So I've been thinking of ordering the Persona 4: Dancing All Night Crazy Premium Box Vita console but the only place I know of to get one is Play Asia and they are putting a good 75% markup on top of the recommended base price for the box.

Anyone know of a different way to get a hold of one that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 17:15   Link #725
hyl
reading #hikaributts
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
You could try nin-nin-game, although it's not that much cheaper

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japan...ox-new-en.html

edit: speaking about the high play-asia markup of like "70%", you have to take account the recommended price of 28,980 yen is actually the price before tax
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 17:54   Link #726
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
So... I want to get some dengeki bunko vol, but they are from 2 years ago (vol 35-36-37) mainly because they have some poster that I want. So any of u may have an idea where I can get either the vol with everything that comes with them or at least the posters of those 3 vols??
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 18:03   Link #727
hyl
reading #hikaributts
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
You mean dengeki bunko magazine volume 35-37? ...
Because it's so old, you will have to buy it from auction sites like yahoo auction and get some kind of proxy site to ship it worldwide to your country.

Yahoo auction does seem to have the magazines, but there are some that come without posters and such. so beware what you are going to buy
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 18:14   Link #728
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You mean dengeki bunko magazine volume 35-37? ...
Because it's so old, you will have to buy it from auction sites like yahoo auction and get some kind of proxy site to ship it worldwide to your country.

Yahoo auction does seem to have the magazines, but there are some that come without posters and such. so beware what you are going to buy
Do u know a place(either only store or physical one) in Japan where I could find them?? I have a friend over there that can get me things that I want, doing what u said may be an option, but im kinda lazy to find the proxy site
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 05:24   Link #729
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You could try nin-nin-game, although it's not that much cheaper

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japan...ox-new-en.html

edit: speaking about the high play-asia markup of like "70%", you have to take account the recommended price of 28,980 yen is actually the price before tax
I don't know how tax works in Japan, does it apply to exports? Here in Europe it doesn't since that would mean double taxation to the buyer.

Anyway that website is a lot cheaper than play Asia: they were asking 320€ for it yesterday while that website seems to be charging just 250. (meanwhile Play Asia seems to have removed the price again).

EDIT: ok that website sounds great for my import fix. They have a branch in France for most stuff which is great tax-wise for me
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 23:11   Link #730
Notshane
College Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Alright, here is the deal.

Wow, oh wow, I did not know it had been this long since I posted on this forum. Life sure has gotten busy for me lately. Been about a solid six months exactly now. Interesting.

Anyway, I have been looking for something I have been anxious to watch for a while now, and that is Nichijou in Blu-ray.

But it just does not come any cheaper than three hundred dollars! Honestly, I am not aiming for ridiculously cheap, but does anyone know of a website that has this on sale for like two hundred or two hundred and fifty at the lowest? I know that this did not sell well and that is why it is so expensive, but I could live with paying a hundred or fifty less for it. All help is kindly appreciated!
__________________
"It's not your ass I'm trying to save. It's that bag full of ass I just bought at the porn shop"

Last edited by Notshane; 2015-09-24 at 16:20.
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 10:42   Link #731
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 37
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
The reason why it's so expensive is because it's a Japanese release and Japanese box set releases are expensive so you won't find it for any less.

The only why you'll be able to get the complete set for less is the buy the Australian release, but that is DVD only, on region 4 coded discs and uses the PAL video standard which can cause certain issues with audio if they don't sort the PAL speedup out properly.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 16:20   Link #732
Notshane
College Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
The reason why it's so expensive is because it's a Japanese release and Japanese box set releases are expensive so you won't find it for any less.
On the contrary. This is the lowest anyone will probably ever find it then if what you say is true. I just thought it was overpriced, but every set I found, besides the one I listed, retails for about four hundred or so dollars.

So, I am disappointed to know that its true price really is that range then if I can not find it any cheaper. I do not understand at all why it has to be that expensive. All I am doing is buying DVDs, even if they are Blu-ray.

I found a Blu-ray for like twenty bucks once, too.
__________________
"It's not your ass I'm trying to save. It's that bag full of ass I just bought at the porn shop"
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 16:34   Link #733
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notshane View Post
On the contrary. This is the lowest anyone will probably ever find it then if what you say is true. I just thought it was overpriced, but every set I found, besides the one I listed, retails for about four hundred or so dollars.

So, I am disappointed to know that its true price really is that range then if I can not find it any cheaper. I do not understand at all why it has to be that expensive. All I am doing is buying DVDs, even if they are Blu-ray.

I found a Blu-ray for like twenty bucks once, too.
Second hand BDs that cover 1 or 2 episodes can go as low as that or even more(found a BD of Haganai for six dollars at Mandarake) but if its a collection or the whole anime(I guess you are refering to those) its really hard to find them cheaper.

I think that they tend to be so expensive because most people around there usually rent the BDs instead of buying them, so the price is higher for the ones that collect them.
__________________

Last edited by DOmus; 2015-09-24 at 19:18. Reason: typos
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 16:46   Link #734
Notshane
College Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Second hand BDs that cover 1 or 2 episodes can go as low as that or even more(found a BD of Haganai for six dollar at Mandarake) but if its a collection or the whole anime(I guess you are refering to those) its really hard to find them lower.

I think that they tend to be so expensive beacuse most people around there usually rent the BDs instead of buying them, so thats why its so expensive.
Ha, you would think that, wouldn't you? No, I meant I found an actual entire series for twenty bucks. Granted, it did not go on for that long, but it did get in the double-digit zone in the end.

In all honesty, I wish that this other anime I am looking for came in an option of only the Blu-ray discs and cases, as I am not entirely interested with that whole box anyway. I just want to see the anime in the best quality available.
__________________
"It's not your ass I'm trying to save. It's that bag full of ass I just bought at the porn shop"
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 05:05   Link #735
hyl
reading #hikaributts
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notshane View Post
Ha, you would think that, wouldn't you? No, I meant I found an actual entire series for twenty bucks.
Most likely bootleg discs ripped from downloads, because the majority of discs are really that expensive
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 16:08   Link #736
Notshane
College Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Most likely bootleg discs ripped from downloads, because the majority of discs are really that expensive
Well, the price tag did mention that it was shaved off about forty dollars than the norm, so maybe I got a good deal on it or something. It definitely was the real deal, though. I compared everything with an official copy and it all matched up. I mean, unless this anime is really popular where there are professional bootlegs, I am pretty certain this is real.

By the way, about that other one I was looking for earlier, I just came across one of the rudest salesmen I have ever met. That anime was actually pretty cheap for what it was, but when I asked the guy to lower the price, he said he was not considering the discount and then increased it by the amount I said to decrease from. Who does that kind of thing to a person?

So, now, I have to pay a noticeably higher amount for that product. I mean, I suppose I could just get it in regular DVD format, but there is something about this one that I just really want to see how well it shines in Blu-ray. So, I might have to go to some pretty sad extremes to acquire it now. And I assume it should have English subtitles, as every other one I bought had them.
__________________
"It's not your ass I'm trying to save. It's that bag full of ass I just bought at the porn shop"
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 20:14   Link #737
Notshane
College Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Sorry, I did not mean to reply again here, but this forum is a bit complex with finding specific anime with their own topics. Wanted to ask there, but none exist for Nichijou.

Anyway, last question I will ask about it. Anyone know if the Blu-ray has subtitles? Again, this one:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ0N1gxNDQ3/z/gAcAAOxyj4hTHx2O/$_35.JPG
__________________
"It's not your ass I'm trying to save. It's that bag full of ass I just bought at the porn shop"
Notshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 10:33   Link #738
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 37
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
It is rare for any Japanese release to contain English subtitles with a majority of the exceptions being those that are also being sold in English speaking regions.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 16:23   Link #739
Sofen
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
I tend to buy them from platekompaniet.no. Due it having animes and DVDs and some other stuff. I live in Norway and i don't know other site in the country to buy most of the stuff on DVD from any other place than that. There are some which i use Amazon.com for, like Beyblade season 1 just to mention some examples.
Sofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 18:39   Link #740
Yuutsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 雲の向こう
I know there is RightStuf and Robert's Anime Corner Store, but is there any other reputable e-Commerce websites to purchase anime and manga goods?
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.