AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-18, 12:14   Link #1
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
[Manga] Does oro have a bijuu

I was just reading about the legends of the tailed beasts and the name of that beast is yamata no Ororchi. Remember the 4rth told oro his parents might be reborn or somthing like that i'm confused now who might have the powers of the 8tailed beasts, the legend also says the 8tailed beast faught the nine tailed beast for the longest
Nasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:52   Link #2
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuke View Post
I was just reading about the legends of the tailed beasts and the name of that beast is yamata no Ororchi. Remember the 4rth told oro his parents might be reborn or somthing like that i'm confused now who might have the powers of the 8tailed beasts, the legend also says the 8tailed beast faught the nine tailed beast for the longest
You did mean the 3rd said that right. But on topic yeah Orochimaru is the one with the 8-tail snake in him. You can tell because he really wanted to know all the jutsu the Narutoverse has to offer.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 18:18   Link #3
Zek
Eyebrows...

Given Oro's recent fate and that we still haven't seen even a shred of evidence that he has a the 8-tails, I think that's unlikely. He doesn't have a particularly large amount of chakra compared to regular ninjas like Jiraiya.

Oro is based on Orochimaru from the Japanese folktale, whose name is derived from Orochi. When Oro was introduced Kishi may not have even thought of the bijyuu yet - remember that Shukaku was first described as the spirit of a Sand priest.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:26   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I guess not . Oro being Oro why doesnt he have one ? . Oro was always infatuated with power
Old 2007-03-19, 21:42   Link #5
Nasuke

I dont know about the naruto series but according 2 the legend of the beast the 9tails fox and the 8tailed snake had the longest battles ever I'm betting sasuke is the 8tailed snake n doesn't even know it, either that or oro's reborn parents have something 2 do with it
Old 2007-03-19, 22:11   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I guess not . Oro being Oro why doesnt he have one ? . Oro was always infatuated with power
If Oro was the orochi, it would be hard to explain how and why he was able to join Akatsuki, an organization whose goal is to extract all the bijuu, resulting in the death of the jinchuuriki.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:05   Link #7
Nuu
Teh Sauce

yea that would have made him an instant target.... he might have been close to it maybe one of his parents was the 8-tailed but until we see it or its been said its captured we wont know for sure
Old 2007-03-20, 06:36   Link #8
amOKchen
duel me

He got no bijuu, his snakeform is just to show that he is evil.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 10:22   Link #9
Nasuke

If oro was the 8tailed demn snake how comes him and naruto didn't have an all out brawl
Old 2007-03-20, 10:56   Link #10
rman0099
On my nut

If Oro did have a bijuu within himself then the whole point of finding a new body to become stronger than Itachi would be moot. He would already have access to an enourmous chakra pool and be more powerful than Itachi on his own.

Also, a bijuu is sealed within the body. If Oro were to change bodies then he would leave behind the bijuu in the old body or preform a sealing ritual on the new body BEFORE transfering or else risking the bijuu escaping after Oro transferrance to a new body.

We MAY see Sasuke join Akatsuki with Suigetsu as his partner, have the 8-tail snake sealed within him, and have the mythical 9-t vs 8-t/Naru vs Sas finally. Who knows, seeing the Kyuubi within Naruto may have sparked Sasuke's desire to do just that. This is the lamest plot device I can think of and, given Kishi's recent writing style, the most probable situation that will happen. I really hope things don't turn out this way.
Homer: Batman's a scientist?!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 10:59   Link #11
A.N.B.U

Im thinking that maybe the AL has the 8 tails inside of him, and thats why he is the strongest of akatsuki
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 11:06   Link #12
Nasuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
If Oro did have a bijuu within himself then the whole point of finding a new body to become stronger than Itachi would be moot. He would already have access to an enourmous chakra pool and be more powerful than Itachi on his own.

Also, a bijuu is sealed within the body. If Oro were to change bodies then he would leave behind the bijuu in the old body or preform a sealing ritual on the new body BEFORE transfering or else risking the bijuu escaping after Oro transferrance to a new body.

We MAY see Sasuke join Akatsuki with Suigetsu as his partner, have the 8-tail snake sealed within him, and have the mythical 9-t vs 8-t/Naru vs Sas finally. Who knows, seeing the Kyuubi within Naruto may have sparked Sasuke's desire to do just that. This is the lamest plot device I can think of and, given Kishi's recent writing style, the most probable situation that will happen. I really hope things don't turn out this way.
I agree with u thats what I been tryna 2 say it seems obvious that since sasuke and naruto are bitter rivals, sasuke would have the 8 tailed demon snake maybe meaning oro is the 8tailed snake and uchiha madara is the AL think about the 9tailes demon fox said himself that uchiha madara was a problem
Old 2007-03-20, 18:20   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
If Oro was the orochi, it would be hard to explain how and why he was able to join Akatsuki, an organization whose goal is to extract all the bijuu, resulting in the death of the jinchuuriki.
You didnt quite follow what I said but Iwasnt being specific to begin with so let me explain myself . I was wondering why did'nt Oro get bijuu and become a jinchuriki after he left Akatsuki . His lust for power made him join Akatsuki . Also he had discovered he is no match for sharingam so that made have made even more desperate for power .
Old 2007-03-20, 19:44   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
You didnt quite follow what I said but Iwasnt being specific to begin with so let me explain myself . I was wondering why did'nt Oro get bijuu and become a jinchuriki after he left Akatsuki . His lust for power made him join Akatsuki . Also he had discovered he is no match for sharingam so that made have made even more desperate for power .
Well, my reasoning still stands. If he attempted to capture a bijuu he would likely be brought into conflict with Akatsuki. And if he became a jinchuuriki they would definitely come after him. But a more satisfying answer would be that Oro is interested in obtaining power in one way, that is becoming immortal and learning all the jutsu he possibly can. The Sharingan is the perfect bloodline to help him accomplish that goal so he focused on that. In the past, he seemed to be interested in other kekkei genkai (the 1st's, Kimimaro's) but when those didn't work out he moved on to Sharingan. Perhaps at one point he was interested in becoming a jinchuuriki too, but for some reason found that it couldn't work out.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 23:31   Link #15
Nasuke

they say the 8tailed demon snake is very cunning and decietful so maybe akatsuki doesn't know about ORO maybe oro's is just playing games with everybody for his own reasons he could of intently let Itachi win that battle and he could of intently pretended 2 lose by sasuke so sasuke can take oro 2 the akatsuki without them knowing, its called being cunning and decietful
Old 2007-03-20, 23:57   Link #16
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Is it? I thought they wanted the power of bijuu for themselves, making at least one or two of them that <jin-something>.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 00:08   Link #17
Nasuke

I just read that the 8tailed demon fox wanted 2 start chaos between worlds, sounds like AL doesn't it
Old 2007-03-21, 00:19   Link #18
Nasuke

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918
Old 2007-03-21, 02:12   Link #19
dreadwing

Now you mention it don't want to get off topic but whatever happen to Oro original body?Maybe that's why even Naruto(4tail) or Sasuke could handle him since the new containers strenght couldn't even match akatsuki levels and he did just pick one really fast since his arm with the 3rd+no Sasuke.
dreadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 02:29   Link #20
amOKchen
duel me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuke View Post
they say the 8tailed demon snake is very cunning and decietful so maybe akatsuki doesn't know about ORO maybe oro's is just playing games with everybody for his own reasons he could of intently let Itachi win that battle and he could of intently pretended 2 lose by sasuke so sasuke can take oro 2 the akatsuki without them knowing, its called being cunning and decietful
I really hope this is what will happen, losing Orochimaru in the story so early is bad karma :/
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote