AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon 2006 Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 235 52.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 135 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 5.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.45%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-26, 19:31   Link #201
Pinion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
10/10

Animation Quality: 10
My eyes were pleased. Thumbs up.

Voice Actors: 9
Well with 2 of the girls saying wierd stuff like auu and uguu, it is cute - but sometimes it was just too much.

Script: 9
I was surprised Yuiichi suddenly 'forgets' about Shiori and Mai.

Adaptation from Game: %

Editing: 10
I enjoyed every little bit of the show. The cliffhangers, the songs etc.
Pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 12:58   Link #202
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
^ I'm surprised that you dropped Air, but rated Kanon a 10/10.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 13:56   Link #203
Pinion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
^
It is just a matter of personal taste. But now I think more about it, Kanon shouldn't have 10, but a lower score.
Pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 06:41   Link #204
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
I gave it a 10. I've never loved an anime so much. Fact is, I stopped watching animes 7 years ago, but returned to it thanks to this. Best ever.
There can be no compliment more appropriate for this series than this.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 15:47   Link #205
Giggi
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I just finished watching the last episode _
Uguu... (ops, sorry) it's amazing.
I found it really wonderful and i have no complains, except maybe
Spoiler:


A small question:
Spoiler:
Giggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:53   Link #206
kyoulover
He who despise the world
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hi-mi-tsu
Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
A small question:
Spoiler:
Ah...just now i remember that something's lacking in this anime...

despite the greatness of kanon..what i don't like is how we should connect every unanswer things to miracle -_-a
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:01   Link #207
Giggi
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
But every other mistery is solved... except that one :/

Spoiler:
Giggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:42   Link #208
Kobukson
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Animation Quality: 10

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for Kyoto Animation. Everything looks so crisp and well-drawn to me and the deepness of the characters' eyes always astounds me.

Voice Actors: Japanese: 10 English: 8

The English VA for the protagonist doesn't quite come across with the same sarcastic power as his Japanese counterpart.

Story: 9

Story is alright, though it drags in a few places:
Spoiler:

The only real problems is the ones generated from the fact its from an H-game in that he solves each girl's arc and then happily moves onto the next while the previous girl slips into the abyss. Best arc in my opinion was the Mai arc.

Adaption from Game: Not sure. Never played it, but from the descriptions on wiki, it sounds like the story is near the same, just with the adult scenes cut out.

Editing: 8
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 00:34   Link #209
CCYoshi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
But every other mistery is solved... except that one :/

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Mega Megane Mo // glasses, girls, games, and gasming ... er ... analysis. That's the ticket, analysis.

CCYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:57   Link #210
chrono92
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Just finished watching this series, and I give it a 9/10 rating.
Character focus:
Makoto was one of my most favourite characters ever ~Auu~, so I felt quite disappointed because somehow I feel she's not getting the coverage she deserved. I mean,
Spoiler for makoto:

Somehow I dislike Ayu, her "uguu" charms didn't work on me. Maybe it's because of the confusing arc of hers,
Spoiler for ayu:

Nayuki is so pitiful, she's just like a side character in the series... Even in the Nayuki two episode-arc Yuuichi is still finding Ayu.. she deserved more.

But wow, the girls are really pretty, and the colours are fascinating.
chrono92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 13:34   Link #211
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
A small question:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCYoshi View Post
Spoiler:
Do we still need spoiler tags in this thread? It says "total series rating" in the title.

But anyway..

Spoiler:
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 23:15   Link #212
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
Quote:
Do we still need spoiler tags in this thread? It says "total series rating" in the title.
Yes, we do, because there are a lot of people buying the DVDs who have yet to see the series. Not everyone has downloaded them

Quote:
The only real problems is the ones generated from the fact its from an H-game in that he solves each girl's arc and then happily moves onto the next while the previous girl slips into the abyss. Best arc in my opinion was the Mai arc.
I thought that the interweaving was handled better than in Air, where each girl's story ended so abruptly. In Kanon, you get to see "cameos" of most of them in the other arcs, thus keeping a sense of wholeness to its world.

I also like, as in Air, the ability given by the creators to allow for different interpretations, aside from that alleged creator's "demand" that Air be viewed in only his way (see "Ending of Air" thread).

Also, regarding Ayu's appearance...
Spoiler for presence:


Facts and fantasy...
Spoiler for separation:


Really, this anime, like Air, is so deep and involved, that rewatching it again is almost mandatory to understanding the story. It's not a gobble-up-and-move-on-to-the-next-series kinda story, but rewards patience, thought, and empathy. On the second and any subsequent viewing, you WILL pick up things you missed the first time through

I think the key lies in simply accepting it as just a Story, and allow the miracles, the memories, and the revelations to exist in it, just as a magical fox might appear on a spring-like hill in the winter

If you can manage to watch it in as few sittings as possible, and just give yourself up to it, it can't help but affect you. And that's the magic of a good story. I do believe that it's my favorite story, and I'm not really into bare-bones "love stories". It's more a story about Caring, IMHO.

But Love... yeah
__________________
Ahasuerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 10:45   Link #213
chrono92
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
IMHO
What does it mean?
chrono92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 10:56   Link #214
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono92 View Post
What does it mean?
In My Humble Opinion.

Or if you want to be snarky... replace Humble with Haughty, Hysterical, Honest, Happy, Harsh, Hilarious, etc...

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:41   Link #215
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
Quote:
Quote:
IMHO

What does it mean?
Sorry, I figured IMHO was universally-known

Just to leave no room for misinterpretaion (or lame-ass snarkiness LOL), I meant it to mean "humble". I didn't want to force MY feelings about Kanon's "meaning" onto anyone, or presume that my own idea of it ought to be everyone's.

That's all
__________________
Ahasuerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 14:39   Link #216
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Yes, we do, because there are a lot of people buying the DVDs who have yet to see the series. Not everyone has downloaded them
But why would you venture into a thread titled "Overall Series Impressions and Total Series Rating" when you've only seen, say, the first four eps?

I would think it's generally assumed that when you walk into such a thread, you expect that everyone's seen the show. Especially when the year of publication is part of the title.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:41   Link #217
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
Quote:
I would think it's generally assumed that when you walk into such a thread, you expect that everyone's seen the show. Especially when the year of publication is part of the title.
I guess that since in the first post there isn't any specific "no-spoilers" remark that it's okay, but just to be safe it's probably a good idea not to say who dies, what the ending reveals, and so on. It's just considerate to those who might only want a general idea of the overall quality without anything critical being shown.

But then maybe it's just me I guess you can't really discuss this series without major spoilers being revealed. Adding spoiler tags can't really hurt

For instance, I missed Claymore and wanted an idea if the whole series was worth watching, so I popped in to that "overall" thread to glance at the ratings. While I resisted the urge to read beyond that, others might not be so strong Last night I watched through episode 8 and would have been spoiled had I read much further into the thread, I'm sure.

But I do get your point; it just seems considerate of others to hide the critical developments, as a general rule of thumb.

But as long as the OP or other mods don't care, I guess it's okay
__________________
Ahasuerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 14:55   Link #218
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 26
I gave the series a 10/10

The story was great, the animation was superb and I really liked most of the characters. Shiori was the only one I didn't like somehow. Ayu and Mai were my favourites though. The story could be really funny sometimes, while serious and sad a minute later. The story really pulled me in and kept me at the edge of my seat.

Spoiler for ayu and Yuuichi:
__________________
Deathscyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 04:05   Link #219
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A Place Where The Wind Arrives
Animation Quality: 9
Nothing wrong with it. Of course, this is not an action series, so the chance to display spectacular animation worthy of a 10 is hard. Otherwise, the animation is fine. The art style is very much to my liking, and background to the scenes are beautiful as well.

Voice Actors: 10
Absolutely no complaints about the voice acting. Each character's voice fit the personality perfectly in my opinion. The uguus~ are internet meme worthy.

Script: 10
The ending is very touching in my opinion. The foresight to set the whole plot twist up right from the beginning of the series results in a very compelling story. I especially liked the change Ayu takes during episode 20. The background story to the characters are all well done.

Adaptation from Game: N/A
Haven't played the game, so I can't score on this one.

Editing: 9
No complaints here either, but nothing terribly memorable about the editing. The background music fit the theme, but I've heard more memorable OSTs.

Overall, I gave the series a 10. What really hit things home for me about this series are the characters and plot depth.
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 15:04   Link #220
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
8/10

Well, I played the game version of Kanon several years ago, I thought it has very literary style than I expected. Because frankly, it was Visual novel H-game , though it was not the thing that usable for such a purpose. Well... Then i cried actually... I was really surprised that I cried with the H-game. I'm a cat lover so that Makoto's scenario is a nuke for me...

And, I saw kanon06 for the first time several days ago. In conclusion, it was better than I expected, again. that reason is the same as above. this is great work, undoubted.
But as i said, Kanon was a visual novel game, originally. Therefore some important plots are missing in anime.

Spoiler for some important factor about Makoto:

BUT I think these plots are hardly understandable for anime only viewers. If anything, it's almost impossible to read those factor from anime. Actually, because Makoto doesn't appear after Episode10, except illusion. so everybody asks "so... Makoto was dead? or alive?". ...this is flaw, unfortunately.

Last edited by revive4563; 2008-03-23 at 07:54.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.