AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon 2006 Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 235 52.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 135 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 5.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.45%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-29, 11:38   Link #121
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
In the final arc, it seemed to be somewhat rushed. Not sure if that was the mood they were going for (bad things all add up at once) with Shiori leaving, Yuuichi finding an ever-so-brief moment of happiness with Ayu only to see her leave, Akiko getting into an accident, Nayuki shutting him out, realizing that Ayu died (well, that's what he thought at the moment)...it is a lot to take in at one time, but sometimes in life when it rains, it pours. It also helps explain why he gave up and laid in the snow waiting to freeze to death. It's just too much to take in at once!
Have got to agree with that; it all came so fast and suddenly, far from thinking it was rushed, I was actually veering some what from all that crap happening; I suppose we could describe it as "shit hitting the fan." (It never rains but pours) I do think that was the effect they were striving for, and it worked with me.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 11:39   Link #122
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Okay, finally, after two weeks since the last episode aired, here comes my Final Critique!!!

For the final review I will ever give on Kanon, I will focus on a number of points, some of which may be divided into subpoints. These points are as follows;

~ Atmosphere
  • Animation (Kyoto Animation)
  • Background Music (KEY)

~ Character handling

Main Characters
  • Aizawa Yuuichi (Tomokazu Sugita)
  • Tsukimiya Ayu (Horie Yui)
  • Minase Nayuki (Mariko Kouda)
  • Kawasumi Mai (Tamura Yukari)
  • Misaka Shiori (Satou Akemi)
  • Sawatari Makoto (Iizuka Mayumi)

Side Characters
  • Minase Akiko (Minaguchi Yuko)
  • Kurata Sayuri (Kawakami Tomoko)
  • Misaka Kaori (Kawasumi Ayako)
  • Amano Mishio (Sakamoto Maaya)
  • Kitagawa Jun (Tomokazu Seki)

~ Script
  • Pacing
  • Character Interweave
  • Internal Consistency

Well then, since I've got all things laid out, ikuzo!!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

Atmosphere

A good anime series draws its viewing audience into its own world; to achieve that, it has to set a general mood. To create a certain mood, two things must be achieved; firstly, animation of at least decent quality animation must be present in order not to make the whole thing look too jarring to the viewer's eyes, and secondly, the appropriate set of background music must be selected, in order to convey the general emotions of any particular scene. How did Kanon 2006 fare on both accounts?

Animation (Kyoto Animation)

Spoiler for length:

Rating: 9.8/10

Background Music (KEY)

Spoiler for length:

Rating: 10/10

Overall Rating for Atmosphere: 9.9/10

Character Handling

A good setting lays the foundation of the world that the story takes place in; however, the characters themselves set the foundation of the story itself; indeed, the storyline of the entire series rises and falls based on how well each and every character is handled; it's a fine line between making an individual character, or indeed the entire cast, look either dull and uninteresting, or over-the-top and lacking the ability to suspend the disbelief of the audience. Especially for Kanon, the strength of its storyline lies in whether it is able to make the audience empathize with its characters, whether it is able to make any individual viewer grow fond of at least one character's idiosyncrasies and quirks, enough to finally break his or her heart when that said character undergoes his or her rough patch.

Originally, I had wanted to rate the seiyuus on their own individual basis; however, after reconsidering, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot rate them without mentioning how they added to the development of their respective characters as a whole. Therefore, my critique on them will be part of a larger critique on the characters they portray, as a whole.

The Main Characters

Aizawa Yuuichi (Tomokazu Sugita)
”More than just a Kyon”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Aizawa Yuuichi: 9.4/10
Rating for Tomokazu Sugita: 9.8/10

Tsukimiya Ayu (Horie Yui)
”Hope is a waking dream.”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Tsukimiya Ayu: 8.9/10
Rating for Horie Yui: 9/10

Minase Nayuki (Kouda Mariko)
”The flower that blooms in adversity, is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Minase Nayuki: 7.4/10
Rating for Kouda Mariko: 9.6/10

Kawasumi Mai (Tamura Yukari)
“Do not go gently into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Kawasumi Mai: 6.7/10
Rating for Tamura Yukari: 7.8/10

Misaka Shiori (Satou Akemi)
”Today, I saw the ocean. I’m not afraid anymore.”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Misaka Shiori: 9.4/10
Rating for Satou Akemi: 7.8/10

Sawatari Makoto (Iizuka Mayumi)
”At the risk of my life, I will be yours.”

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Sawatari Makoto: 9.2/10
Rating for Iizuka Mayumi: 7.8/10

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-06-27 at 10:05.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 11:40   Link #123
Ascaloth

(Apologies for the double post, but apparently there's a word limit...)

The Side Characters

Minase Akiko (Minaguchi Yuko)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Minase Akiko: 7.8/10
Rating for Minaguchi Yuko: 7.5/10

Kurata Sayuri (Kawakami Tomoko)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Kurata Sayuri: 7.2/10
Rating for Kawakami Tomoko: 8.6/10

Misaka Kaori (Kawasumi Ayako)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Misaka Kaori: 6.7/10
Rating for Kawasumi Ayako: 5.9/10

Amano Mishio (Sakamoto Maaya)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Amano Mishio: 7.4/10
Rating for Sakamoto Maaya: 7.6/10

Kitagawa Jun (Tomokazu Seki)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Kitagawa Jun: 8.0/10
Rating for Tomokazu Seki: 8.3/10

Script

The final aspect of a good story is, of course, the execution of the script itself. And here is where the real challenge for KyoAni lies; with the original nature of Kanon being five widely-divergent storylines, their ambitious attempt to weave all five together into one coherent whole is what will make or break them. How did they do?

Pacing

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Pacing: 6.7/10

Storyline Interweave

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Storyline Interweave: 8.8/10

Internal Consistency

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Internal Consistency: 10/10

Overall Execution

Overall, Kyoto Animation’s remake of Kanon in 2006 was a resounding success for me in many way. Hyper-sakuga quality aside, this was the series that really tested the ability of the KyoAni storyboarders, and while the results of their foray into their first 24-episode series were less than perfect, it still stood out as one of the best adaptations of a bishoujo work I believe I will ever see. Maybe until CLANNAD (TV) rolls along, but until then, heil KyoAni!!!

Final Rating for Kanon (2006): 8.4/10. Rounded down to: 8/10
Old 2007-03-29, 12:52   Link #124
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Heh, that's an interesting theory on the storyboarding for Ayu...

About Amano Mishio, I believe someone has already stated that it'd be really odd for her to be Shiori's friend, considering she's suppose to have the reputation of being anti-social and having no friends at all.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:28   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

You know, Ascaloth, I've always found it interesting how people can systematize their opinions to such a degree as to assign numerical ratings. That's something that, personally, I find very hard to do. But I have to admit, you took the quantification of personal preferences to a whole new level. Seperate 100-point ratings for every single character and their voice actor, plus the production sub-ratings?! I mean, is it really a 7.2 or a 7.1? Maybe it should have been 7.15? Do you round up or down?! Argh!!!

Word Count: 9,771
Emoticon Tax: $1.25

Personal Opinion Quantification Attempt: 9.949/10

(In case it isn't amply obvious to anyone, I'm being totally facetious. So don't you dare take me seriously. )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:44   Link #126
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

A two digit rating is fine, even though it is very specific and requires great care to be totally consistent all the time. Anything finer than that is really ridiculous. I think there is some value in giving a numeric rating, but the greater value is what you actually say about whatever you're reviewing than a number at the end... even though the majority of people probably look at the rating attached to a review before they read the review itself.

What I don't understand is how people can form a rating by taking an average of other ratings given to various components, since a good anime really should be more than the sum of its parts. I think any such rating will almost always underrate a good anime, and overrate a bad anime.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 21:18   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
A two digit rating is fine, even though it is very specific and requires great care to be totally consistent all the time. Anything finer than that is really ridiculous. I think there is some value in giving a numeric rating, but the greater value is what you actually say about whatever you're reviewing than a number at the end... even though the majority of people probably look at the rating attached to a review before they read the review itself.

What I don't understand is how people can form a rating by taking an average of other ratings given to various components, since a good anime really should be more than the sum of its parts. I think any such rating will almost always underrate a good anime, and overrate a bad anime.
Argh! I think you took me somewhat seriously!

Well, as a side-topic, I don't have any problem with the concept of numerical ratings, but I must say that I rarely have any use for them myself as either a reader or as an anime fan. I find them frequently objectionable, typically inconsistent, and often arbitrary -- even when "systematized". And I certainly agree that it distracts from the written message -- people's eyes are just naturally drawn to that number, and seem to essentially use it as a gauge for whether your opinion is worth reading or not (no matter how well-written, logical, or well-justified it is). (Then again, this from the person who doesn't have an avatar or signature for the same "pre-judging" reason.) Personally, ratings give me absolutely no indication of whether or not I'll like a show. Then again, neither do most of the opinions out there; such is the way with opinions -- even this one!

rf's personal Kanon Rating: Will buy on R2 DVD and watch again soon

That's pretty much as deep as it goes for me. Not that I don't or can't think it through, but my feelings are more important than my analytical thoughts when it comes to making a judgement about my enjoyment. If I feel good while watching it and just enjoy the show, then I'm sold. That's all I need to know, for me. I don't spend time worrying about words like "plot" and "characters" and "pacing" and so on, unless those things stick out in a really bad way. I just watch the show and get absorbed in it; I try to figure out what the show's trying to say. If people happen to, for some strange and possibly scary reason, have a tendancy to like what I like, then they can just ask me what I'm buying. Absolutely more power to you, though, if quantification of opinion helps you make decisions or organize your thoughts about anime. Just doesn't work for me, because my enjoyment is about more than objectivity and analysis. Oh well; everyone's different, and that's a good thing.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:48   Link #128
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Argh! I think you took me somewhat seriously!
No, I knew you were taking a facetious stab at ratings. I just saw it as an opportunity to air my thoughts on when/where/how ratings are relevant.

Quote:
Personally, ratings give me absolutely no indication of whether or not I'll like a show. Then again, neither do most of the opinions out there; such is the way with opinions -- even this one!
I think opinions can be valuable if the person who writes them has tastes similar to your own. I mean, it's easy enough for us to make the time to check out a variety of new anime with each season, but some people simply don't have the time to do so. And, from a personal viewpoint, it's just something I enjoy doing. I also just like to fantasize that maybe someone out there actually finds my opinion interesting and/or valuable.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 21:54   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its kind of like those lovely performance reviews that force the manager to create enormous quantities of numerical evaluations of tiny tidbits about the employee as if the end result (Poor<->Superior) is somehow buttressed by the "rational facts" the numbers falsely imply.

Nonetheless, an entertaining read it was.

Rather than evaluative numbers, I get better results with my "fuzzy net sensor" which is composed of nodes that are a certain group of people with varying tastes. So its more....
Furudanuki loves it, Kaoru likes this about it, Kaoshin dislikes that aspect, relentlessflame has this to say, Catgirls hates it, .... and so on. Then using mystic spells and throwing grass bits into the air - I determine whether I'm going to commit 3+ episodes of time to check it out.

The statistical averaged evaluation I find worthless but I get some value out of individual thoughts of particular people.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:00   Link #130
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Okay, I'd seriously like to know what the difference is between an 8.4 and an 8.5.

Though I did like how much effort Ascaloth put into his review. When he said it was going to be long, he wasn't kidding!
Old 2007-03-29, 22:04   Link #131
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its kind of like those lovely performance reviews that force the manager to create enormous quantities of numerical evaluations of tiny tidbits about the employee as if the end result (Poor<->Superior) is somehow buttressed by the "rational facts" the numbers falsely imply.
And, of course, the person who most needs a real performance review is probably the manager themselves.

Quote:
Nonetheless, an entertaining read it was.
Absolutely -- my "facetious stab at ratings" aside (as Sorrow-K correctly put it ), it makes for an interesting read. I certainly admire the dedication and commitment it takes to be so incredibly articulate on a given subject. I have to sort of admit, when I get that articulate about something around here, it's probably because I'm trying to avoid/procrastinate doing some other "real-world" task.

Edit:
Quote:
The statistical averaged evaluation I find worthless but I get some value out of individual thoughts of particular people.
Yeah, absolutely. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Okay, I'd seriously like to know what the difference is between an 8.4 and an 8.5.
<lame>0.1</lame>
Old 2007-03-29, 22:30   Link #132
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
(Apologies for the double post, but apparently there's a word limit...)

The Side Characters

Minase Akiko (Minaguchi Yuko)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Minase Akiko: 7.8/10
Rating for Minaguchi Yuko: 7.5/10

Kurata Sayuri (Kawakami Tomoko)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Kurata Sayuri: 7.2/10
Rating for Kawakami Tomoko: 8.6/10

Misaka Kaori (Kawasumi Ayako)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Misaka Kaori: 6.7/10
Rating for Kawasumi Ayako: 5.9/10

Amano Mishio (Sakamoto Maaya)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Amano Mishio: 7.4/10
Rating for Sakamoto Maaya: 7.6/10

Kitagawa Jun (Tomokazu Seki)

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Kitagawa Jun: 8.0/10
Rating for Tomokazu Seki: 8.3/10

Script

The final aspect of a good story is, of course, the execution of the script itself. And here is where the real challenge for KyoAni lies; with the original nature of Kanon being five widely-divergent storylines, their ambitious attempt to weave all five together into one coherent whole is what will make or break them. How did they do?

Pacing

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Pacing: 6.7/10

Storyline Interweave

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Storyline Interweave: 8.8/10

Internal Consistency

Spoiler for length:

Rating for Internal Consistency: 10/10

Overall Execution

Overall, Kyoto Animation’s remake of Kanon in 2006 was a resounding success for me in many way. Hyper-sakuga quality aside, this was the series that really tested the ability of the KyoAni storyboarders, and while the results of their foray into their first 24-episode series were less than perfect, it still stood out as one of the best adaptations of a bishoujo work I believe I will ever see. Maybe until CLANNAD (TV) rolls along, but until then, heil KyoAni!!!

Final Rating for Kanon (2006): 8.4/10. Rounded down to: 8/10
d*mn man! it looks like you're an anime magazine reporter with that kind of a post

ill give this anime a pperfect ten, knowing KyoAni, esp. with Haruhi and Air, they always pull out really good ones...my only problem was you have to watch the original version to fill one small gap at the AyuxNaiyukiXYuuiichi Arc (How Akiko-san got better/ the Miracle of Ayu's sacrifice)
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 07:48   Link #133
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Heh, that's an interesting theory on the storyboarding for Ayu...

About Amano Mishio, I believe someone has already stated that it'd be really odd for her to be Shiori's friend, considering she's suppose to have the reputation of being anti-social and having no friends at all.
Maybe, but personally I don't think that argument holds much water. After all, as far as I see it, it's not really necessary for Mishio to be Shiori's friend to notice she hasn't exactly been coming to school lately, you know what I mean? She could simply have seen Shori's collapse, and then kept quiet about it......up until when she sees Yuuichi meeting her everyday at the courtyard, and decides that the blockheaded one needs another piece of advice from her.

Quote:
And, of course, the person who most needs a real performance review is probably the manager themselves.
Is that supposed to be a blind-sided dig at me? Sly, relentlessflame. Sly.
Old 2007-03-30, 09:01   Link #134
Raniie

Quote:
Maybe, but personally I don't think that argument holds much water. After all, as far as I see it, it's not really necessary for Mishio to be Shiori's friend to notice she hasn't exactly been coming to school lately, you know what I mean? She could simply have seen Shori's collapse, and then kept quiet about it......up until when she sees Yuuichi meeting her everyday at the courtyard, and decides that the blockheaded one needs another piece of advice from her.

(...)
Yeah, I see where you're getting with that. Considering the comments that girl made very much fit what Amano could've said, with some alteration of course. Since, by the end of Makoto's arc, Amano seem to have opened up a little to accept the people around her. However, before then, she was quite Mai-like and anti-social. Nevertheless, if she was willingly able to open up to Yuuichi, since it was her that approached Yuuichi first, talking to him when he saw Makoto out at the school gate. She could've played a further role in Shiori's arc in such a similar and believable way that wouldn't damage her character.

The key point is in the bold. Apply that to Amano's case, and it's a possible solution to interweaving Amano further into Shiori's arc.
Dialogues of that scene:
Spoiler:

My fanfic version !
Spoiler:

Tho, interweaving Amano into Shiori's arc would have game veteran fans screaming at KyoAni about it no longer being faithful to the game's adaptation.

Edit: I ment at an "earlier' stage of "screaming" - considering the series went quite faithfully past Mai's arc. Interweaving Amano would ment adding much more original material from KyoAni. Thus, can cause a ruckus at a much earlier stage, such as what it initially did for episode 24. Then again, interweaving "the" Sawatari Makoto-san did more good than harm. So, I'm not entirely against Amano should have more screen time, but what is done is done. It's just now a "what could've been better..." -feeling.

PS: Rep+ to Pellissier for an interesting overview about the characters. Skane for a very insightful post. Meophist for an interesting overview insight of the Kanon introductory episodes. And- Ascaloth for an interesting and insightful post, also.

Last edited by Raniie; 2007-03-30 at 09:46.
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 09:03   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Is that supposed to be a blind-sided dig at me? Sly, relentlessflame. Sly.
N-n-nothing of the sort, sir! Actually, no, seriously, it was definitely a dig at managers and arbitrarily-assigned rankings on irrelevant factors. At least you've thought it through and there's a logic that can be followed. It actually has some merit, at least to you. That's more than we can say about the other, a lot of the time...
Old 2007-03-30, 09:13   Link #136
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Tho, interweaving Amano into Shiori's arc would have game veteran fans screaming at KyoAni about it no longer being faithful to the game's adaptation.
Nah, I don't think they would. After all, the whole "birthday party" scene in Shiori's arc is actually an entire chunk of KyoAni original material (it was originally just Yuuichi and Shiori in the cafe together, there was no party planned, Ayu and Kitagawa weren't supposed to be there, and Kaori and Nayuki being there was simply by pure chance), but you don't see the game vets bitching about that. Throwing Amano into the mix would seem like a minor alteration compared to the "Hare Hare Yukai-wannabe dance" that resulted from the birthday party scene.

Quote:
N-n-nothing of the sort, sir! Actually, no, seriously, it was definitely a dig at managers and arbitrarily-assigned rankings on irrelevant factors. At least you've thought it through and there's a logic that can be followed. It actually has some merit, at least to you. That's more than we can say about the other, a lot of the time...
Ah, yes. I think we can let bygones be bygones and forget about the "other time", shall we?
Old 2007-03-31, 02:19   Link #137
McMilk
*Artist

Kanon overall was very good. HOWEVER, after the end of a certain favorte character(Mai)'s arc, I've seemed to have lost a little interest in the series.
Anyhow, Kanon is still a great show, that's why I gave it a 9.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:19   Link #138
Manatsu

I have to disagree with some of the points brought up so far about Nayuki's sleep problems and how her world revolves around Yuuichi, that is giving me a lot of Kaede vibes which isn't how I see Nayuki. I can agree that she is a girl with a strong attachment to Yuuichi as her first love, who might have been the only relative around her age and whom she played a lot with in her childhood days, but to say that her life revolves around Yuuichi is a lot of discredit to her character.

Imo, Nayuki has shown in many areas that she is strong and reliable. Isn't she a leader and active member of the school track team? We have also seen many times that due to her commitments to the team and to competitions that she is spending more time practicing than with Yuuichi. Despite that, I've never seen her in any doubts as to which should take priority. That's quite enough to prove that she has a life outside of Yuuichi.

As for the sleeping symbolism, I think measuring it against Yuuichi's attention is still an unproven hypothesis (?). Granted I haven't really discussed the game with anybody so maybe I'm missing some insights. But from what I remember, Nayuki's sleepiness is more a moe trait then a symbolism of escapism. The reason I think that is because...

Spoiler for game content:
Anyway it's understandable that in the anime, fatigue from track meet preparations probably cause Nayuki to be more sleepy than she already is, but my beef with KyoAni is that they overplayed Nayuki's morning antics without the important Yuuichi reactions. When it should have been a closer interaction between the two, not only did it cause Nayuki to look silly like a zombie in the background, perhaps it also gave a stronger impression that Nayuki sleeps to escape from reality. How I wish they added the...

Spoiler for game content:
Alas... better pacing needed or better yet, more episodes.
Old 2007-04-01, 22:38   Link #139
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Whoa.

I downloaded the whole series a week ago in an attempt to see what the fuzz was all about (the beginning of the broadcasting of Kanon 2006 caught me at a time when I hadn't an Internet connection, otherwise I'd followed it from the very start). I rushed through those 24 episodes furiously throughout the week (well, considering my tight schedule, it was actually a furious way to watch it ), and I just finished watching the last episode.

I now may proudly say this is the first dramatic composition, live-acted, animated or interactive, that ever made me shed a tear. Truly. The last episode of Makoto's arc, those last fading moments where you saw the mentally-impaired poor thing trying to fight on, to remember; the whole atmosphere, the sadness surrounding her voice, everything, made me shed a couple of tears at that grand finale on the hill. I'm a person who finds it very difficult to cry for whatever reason, and even more for something like a dramatic composition, mostly because I would feel embarrassed. But no, in that moment, I proudly held those tears on my face.

I didn't cry again at any other point of the series, though. Even so, I still could feel the emotion it had. And the final episode, when it's revealed Ayu was in coma and not actually dead, caught me completely unprepared. I got teary eyes, but no tears came down. Still, this was the series that's given me the most goosebumps throughout it. At multiple points of the series, I got goosebumps, which I usually feel at the very end of strong emotional-striking series. This might be somewhat explained by the numerous amount of arcs the series covers, but anyways, it's given me feelings I've never felt before. At the final episode, I was constantly goosebumping--so much that I actually thought it was getting cold.

And so, this wonderful series has ended. I can't make a detailed analysis of it (I suck at doing so, I can only rate based on emotional impact and seiyuu performance, anyways ), but as I said, it's made me feel something I've never felt before, and that I cannot possibly attempt to explain. And for that, it'll always have a special place at my anime-loving heart.

Thank you, Kanon. Thank you, Kyoto Animation. Thank you for helping me remember why I love anime. Thank you, forevermore.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-04-01 at 22:52.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 16:22   Link #140
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Does anyone else think that this series could actually use a "ten years later"
sequel of some kind? It would answer a lot of questions or maybe some kind
of series that spotlights some of the side characters. Just a thought.