AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-24, 15:34   Link #21
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
how would that have affected the story's outcome?
Shiho might become the heroin. Or Shizuru or who knows.
Old 2007-03-24, 15:55   Link #22
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Shiho might become the heroin. Or Shizuru or who knows.
Actually, that could have been interesting. Mai-chan is cool, true, but a good number of the other HiMEs could have been good protagonists with some twists to the plot.

Heck, I'd have paid with blood to see a Mai HiME series starring Haruka (with powers akin to her manga version), Midori or even Akira. About the only HiMEs who couldn't work as protagonists with some effort are Yukino (Child too weak, and not really a fighter at all), Nao (too twisted, it would have made the story TOO dark), and Yukariko (for some reason, I just can't see it).

Oh well, I suppose that's what fanfiction is for.
Old 2007-03-24, 18:19   Link #23
Honey_and_Cleaver

I guess blood would be spilled if Haruka had more spotlights. The second Otome Zwei movie had lots of that.

I wished they put a main hero/heroin, but the camera,story and spotlight zoomed at other characters, 99% throughout the whole anime.

Id spill blood for Raito and Mai getting together,but in action.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Old 2007-03-24, 18:51   Link #24
Zelene2004

For the record, it is heroine, not heroin. The 2nd of the two is an illegal substance.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2007-03-24, 20:04   Link #25
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Shiho and Tate are okay. Tate truly likes Mai, but Shiho gets in his way. Mai however likes Raito but then Mikoto likes Mai. Tate doesnt want to hurt Shiho however Mai doesnt want to hurt Tate. So nothing wrong.

Whats wrong is Sergei Wang, being the king of perverts who fall in love with his adopted daughter. This guy is a sick idiot, Nagi should have finished him off.

M.I.P, i plainly state, that your reasoning is unconvincing therefore i disagree.
You disagreee that Tate is an ass. In that case I accept as it's a matter of opinion but if you're suggesting that the assertion that Shiho is in and of herself not a particularly bad or annoying character but becomes so due to Tate's failure to respond to her actions in an adequate fashion then I would like you to point out the flaws in said argument. I don't doubt that Shiho might still have attempted to finish Mai off or persisted in chasing Tate but I also believe that had he clearly stated the limits of their friendship from the start she might have been more well adjusted than she was.
Old 2007-03-25, 17:36   Link #26
Honey_and_Cleaver

If you think Tate didint handled Shiho properly. I wonder what he should do, she never listens to Tate.Shiho is a mad pychotic crazy lunatic obssesed girl, pretty much like Tomoe.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Old 2007-03-25, 21:28   Link #27
Codine

I thought Tate was good in the manga. He tried pushing off Shiho all the time. As for the anime, it seemed that he was so accustomed to Shiho's clinging ways so he didn't think much of it anymore. At some point he thought that things couldn't work out with Mai so he was despaired and went to the closest person to him. Tate gets a bad wrap in the anime. He was a lot better in the manga.
Old 2007-03-26, 02:19   Link #28
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
If you think Tate didint handled Shiho properly. I wonder what he should do, she never listens to Tate.Shiho is a mad pychotic crazy lunatic obssesed girl, pretty much like Tomoe.
What he should have done was tell her that he was not intersted in her in that way and was intersted in Mai or rather never would be interested in her(Shiho)
Old 2007-03-26, 02:38   Link #29
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
What he should have done was tell her that he was not intersted in her in that way and was intersted in Mai or rather never would be interested in her(Shiho)
Yeah, but he's that type of guy - he doesn't want to hurt her by telling her that - which is of course stupid, 'cause he's hurting Shiho even more this way.

As for whole case, my thoughts are basically the same as those of Klashikari and Tempest35.
Old 2007-03-26, 07:19   Link #30
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Although in Shiho's defense, one can say she only was that bad about Mai. it's not like she went after every woman who was around Tate. For instance, Tate closely worked with Shizuru, pretty much the most popular and beloved girl at school, and Haruka and Yukino, two very pretty young women on their own right, and yet we never saw Shiho being jealous about them. (I remind you, by the way, she had no way of knowing Shizuru was lesbo).

So yeah, she had it bad, but I'd still hesitate to place her in the 'as bad as Tomoe' category, especially considering Tomoe was much more of a nasty person by her own choice.
Old 2007-03-26, 07:21   Link #31
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
I guess blood would be spilled if Haruka had more spotlights. The second Otome Zwei movie had lots of that.
One episode versus the 26 eps each Mai and Arika got, and yet some people wants even more of *them*? I think that comparison is a bit unfair.
Old 2007-03-26, 14:31   Link #32
Honey_and_Cleaver

I dont think its that simple to tell Shiho to go away. Well thats your view. To me he is just okay but i dont really like him,i just see him as a victim. I prefered this guy than Sergei.

Old 2007-03-26, 18:33   Link #33
Codine

Tate was a victim here. He had feelings for Mai the whole time but he diddnt want to hurt shiho. I know a girl that was just like Shiho, she would always cling on to me and it got kind of annoying and i felt bad whenever i pushed her off or yelled at her. So I guess i can kind of relate to Tate a little.
Old 2007-03-28, 00:55   Link #34
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
We all know tate is a moron. When people complain about Shirou in fate/stay night i just point at tate.

I have seriously never seen or heard of such a clueless guy.
People get depressed when they are sad.

Guess the reference. :3
Old 2007-03-28, 03:17   Link #35
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
People get depressed when they are sad.

Guess the reference. :3
People die if they are killed...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-03-30, 05:55   Link #36
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
Tate was a victim here. He had feelings for Mai the whole time but he diddnt want to hurt shiho. I know a girl that was just like Shiho, she would always cling on to me and it got kind of annoying and i felt bad whenever i pushed her off or yelled at her. So I guess i can kind of relate to Tate a little.
A victim is incapable of changing his situation. Tate not only could have "escaped" anytime he was given a golden opportunity to get out but he simply dug himself deeper. Wouldn't you say Taste felt a lot worse when Shiho and Mai were fighting over him than he would have felt simply rejecting Shiho and seeing her dissappointment.
Old 2007-03-30, 06:09   Link #37
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
This is way trickier than you might think.

Yuuichi didn't do anything during Mai and Shiho's battle, but IF he rejected shiho at that time, it would be the WORST scenario EVER.

think a bit of it : do you think shisho will willingly give up? hell no, especially that she already crossed the line : she ALREADY know yuuichi feelings, and his relationship with Mai.

she refuses it and fight for it, and this is where the core problem lies : shiho is the main source of this misery, and the situation depends on her mental and behaviour.

If yuuichi rejects her during this battle, it will completely shatter shiho mental state, and will probably make her berserk.
why? because this is simple : shiho will be hurt, and still won't accept this. thus, she would still ignore the MIP thing and will try to kill Mai, since she is her hindrance. (this wasn't a Hime battle at all. shiho was after mai's very life, nothing else)
Old 2007-03-30, 06:59   Link #38
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Why would he wait for the battle? That was the crisis point from which there was no return. He should have stated his true feelings from the start or at the point she asked him whether he really felt for her or merely felt guilty.
Old 2007-03-30, 07:17   Link #39
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Shiho's move was really daring and insisting.
to me, yuuichi didn't have the courage, nor the resolution to blurt the truth, especially that shiho was on the verge of crying.
if you add the guilt he has until now, it explains why he couldn't let speak his heart at that time, while mai's feelings were really really versatile.

Some people just can't stand hurting others, and make irrational decisions, while the outcome can be worse.
while his decision was bad, he didn't think anything wrong for her, since he kinda "sacrifice" himself, so shiho won't be hurt.

and from the start, there wasn't that problem, since shiho wasn't looking serious.

obviously, i still think it is shiho's fault, since she KNOWS yuuichi is TOO nice, therefore, she FORCED him to kiss him, while mai was around.
and she obviously knows his feelings, but still deny them, and doing cheap tricks around.

i won't say yuuichi is plain white, but the problem lies elsewhere.
Old 2007-03-30, 12:09   Link #40
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

I'm willing to comprimise and say that both Shiho and Tate were too blame she for having set her hopes too high and he for never bringing her down to earth.