AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2007-03-21, 12:48   Link #21
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

-Tomoko Kaneda ---> Chiyo-chan (Azumanga Daioh)
- Mamiko Noto ---> Nodoka Miyazaki (Negima)
Old 2007-03-21, 13:05   Link #22
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author

I can rec Roma Paku's voice instantly since I love it so much and I always flash to Ed from FMA. Jun Fukuyama I can rec too even though his voice changes from character to character. If he's doing the higher pitched vers I associate him with Watanuki. If it's reg pitch then with Lulu.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 13:13   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Eh, I'm the same way... at least when it comes to Japanese VAs. I just can't think of any that I usually recognize without looking on ANN. I wouldn't call it bias, its just that female Japanese voices are easier to remember. They sound more distinct, somehow.

Most of my favorite English VAs are female too, but I also have a few male favorites, like Steven Blum, Crispin Freeman, Mark Diraison, Johnny Yong Bosch, etc.
That's cause the men don't get up on the stage in a ridiculous and frilly outfit and say "Mina-San Ganbate, teeheehee", while nodding gratuitously. They have more dignity than that I think, but it costs them fans versus the idol voice actors who feel the need to remind us they exist far more often than necessary.

I disagree with the distinctness thing even though I know its just you presenting the thought as a possible reason.

Kazuki Yao (Mr. 2 Bon Clay Sama) has a distinctive voice
Sho Hayami (Maximillan Jenius) sounds too much like Takehito Koyasu though
Daisuke Gori (Basque Ohm) sounds like a gruff old man and he's easily noticeable in anything he does.

Aya Hisakawa (Ami Mizuno) sounds like a mature woman
Miki Ito (Android #18) sounds almost indistuishable from Aya Hisakawa
Mamiko Noto (Hecate) I know its her every time for her quiet, reserved and sombre voice

It's all in the knowledge of the people really, if you're watching series today without having learned about the past series, of course you're almost never going to know who any of the male voice actors are, because they push the all-female casts and their singer voice-actors far too much lately. That's the trend right now, the all-female singer cast, once that blows over we should be getting more recognition in here for the male voice actors. That's how I would try to explain it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 13:47   Link #24
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
That's cause the men don't get up on the stage in a ridiculous and frilly outfit and say "Mina-San Ganbate, teeheehee", while nodding gratuitously.
And this is relevant for the people on this board (most of whom don't live in Japan and can't follow such publicity events) in what way?

Also, I agree with Bloodseeker that for some reason it's easier for me to remember and differentiate between female seiyuus. That said, some male talents like Koyasu Takehito and Seki Toshihiko are instantly recognizable.

Quote:
I bet I can make a ton of links with characters I've wanted to see suffer some horrible fate or at the very least stop talking period, now that I know who Tomakazu is.
Nice to see I am not the only one who is not that fond of Seki Tomokazu . although, I wonder whether this isn't due to the fact that 90% of the characters he voices are annoying to begin with not because he is really a bad seiyuu.

Quote:
That's the trend right now, the all-female singer cast
Er, which series have such a cast? I am really curious.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 13:54   Link #25
Rahan

Yamaguchi Kappei = Ranma Saotome. He is good and can use different tone of voices (who would have thought L and Usopp would share the same seiyuu ?), but Ranma and Inuyasha have exactly the same tone and ways of speaking and I can't stand it. (I am a big fan of Ranma and am just starting to watch Inuyasha)

Slayers is one of the first japanese dub I have heard (even before Ranma), and since Megumi Hayashibara is awesome, she'll remain Lina Inverse forever for me.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 14:24   Link #26
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Bias, BIIIIIIIIIIIASSSSSSSSSSS! That few men eh.
Actually I just got tired of writing when it came to males, really

Even if I do have more difficulties in recognizing japanese male seiyuus than I have in recognizing females (instead, when it comes to italian dubbing, I recognize both in equal number), it's not that difficult for me to make associations with some male voices, as several of them are clearly distinguishable, imho.
Said this, take the following as complementary of the list I wrote yesterday.

Females I didn't mention:

Gotou Yuuko --> Asahina Mikuru (Suzumiya Haruhi)
Satsuki Yukino --> Sonozaki Mion / Sonozaki Shion (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

Males I didn't mention:

Kamiya Hiroshi --> Takemoto Yuuta (Honey & Clover)
Fujiwara Keiji --> Hanamoto Shuu (Honey & Clover)
Yamaguchi Kappei --> L (Death Note) -- I watched Ranma and Inuyasha with italian dubbing, so I couldn't know him that way --
Miyano Mamoru --> Yagami Light (Death Note)
Tomokazu Seki --> Soba Kyo (Fruits Basket)
Tai Yuuki --> Asakura Junichi (Da Capo)
Chafurin --> Kuraudo Oishi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Nice to see I am not the only one who is not that fond of Seki Tomokazu . although, I wonder whether this isn't due to the fact that 90% of the characters he voices are annoying to begin with not because he is really a bad seiyuu.
I'm fairly sure he was referring to Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon, Yuuichi etc. etc.) and not Seki.
Old 2007-03-21, 15:03   Link #27
Matrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I'm fairly sure he was referring to Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon, Yuuichi etc. etc.) and not Seki.
I see I have made an embarassing mistake then. Well, I am not too fond of Tomokazu Sugita either, so in a way the mistake was correct.

Old 2007-03-21, 15:09   Link #28
Zappster

Quote:
That's cause the men don't get up on the stage in a ridiculous and frilly outfit and say "Mina-San Ganbate, teeheehee", while nodding gratuitously. They have more dignity than that I think, but it costs them fans versus the idol voice actors who feel the need to remind us they exist far more often than necessary.

I don't know about that. Whilst I don't know if they all say that line, I'm pretty sure there's some events that cater to the female otakus in Japan which are very similar if not exactly the same as the idol events you seem to detest so much. Bearing in mind that these do involve people like Takehito Koyasu who you seem to respect and such like. So I wouldn't keep banging on about the dignity and pride of male voice actors when I'm sure there are some amongst them who will play up to the female fans etc...

Personally it doesn't bother me what seiyuu do outside of their VA roles be they male or female, although I must admit sometimes it is of interest. As long as it doesn't affect their performances in anime, who cares? (note that I'm not belittling the fans who do go to these Idol events, that's your choice and more power to you for doing something, I assume, you like) I bet that some of the seiyuu that you respect and admire have done some questionable stuff in their past and maybe still are.

And to answer the point about Hirano Aya, I don't think the Haruhi-type role is the only one she can do well. I think she's put in a good performance as Reira/Leila/whatever in NANA which is quite far removed from the Haruhi role. Besides I'll always think of her Mamori from Eyeshield as that was the first role I encountered her in, not that she's among my favourites or anything.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 15:15   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
And this is relevant for the people on this board (most of whom don't live in Japan and can't follow such publicity events) in what way?

Also, I agree with Bloodseeker that for some reason it's easier for me to remember and differentiate between female seiyuus. That said, some male talents like Koyasu Takehito and Seki Toshihiko are instantly recognizable.

Er, which series have such a cast? I am really curious.
Number one: It has to do with quite a few people, but I'm not naming names. There's coverage of such events on blogs and the like as well.

Number two: Quite possible, Seki Tomakazu is alright if a little bit boring, not my favourite except as Domon Kashuu whom I associate him with. Sugita Tomakazu tends to oversell his lines a lot and its almost laughably bad and painful when he does his attempt at a freak out (Every role at least 5 times an episode) or to get excited (Brooklyn Luckfield mostly). He seems like he is trying to be clever and witty with a lot of his interpretations but its really just unbelievably annoying and hammy. I would actually say he is the William Shatner of Anime. Next thing you know he'll be screaming "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHN!".

Number three: Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Kyoshiro To Towa Sora, Lucky Star, Idolm@ster Xenoglossia, Himawari... Huhhuhuhu Let me catch my breath, Shuffle Memories, Rocket Girls and Ichigo Mashimaro to name but a few. All of them are dominated by female cast members in all the major roles and roughly 90% of these females have more than a few single cd's of some kind of another attached to there name.
Old 2007-03-21, 15:51   Link #30
Matrim

Quote:
All of them are dominated by female cast members in all the major roles and roughly 90% of these females have more than a few single cd's of some kind of another attached to there name.
I would hardly call most of them singers though. Aren't most of these CDs are just a way of earning some extra bucks riding the popularity of successful anime? I doubt they are hired for their singing abilities, it seems to me that almost any popular seiyuu would do in these cases, it's not as if the type of songs they are performing demands some awesome singing talent. Not too sure about the rest but the cast of Idolmaster Xenoglossia is full of talented seiyuus, so it doesn't look like Sunrise picked some girls who just look cute and sing tolerably. It will become alarming if cuteness and idol-like behaviour become the driving factor for the creation of dozens of shows with mostly female cast, just for the sake of exploiting the seiyuu popularity and releasing hundreds of CDs with J-Pop but I don't think things have gotten that far (yet). Most of the shows you listed would have mostly female cast anyway, since they are full of moe girls and other kinds of female characters.

Quote:
Number one: It has to do with quite a few people, but I'm not naming names. There's coverage of such events on blogs and the like as well.
You said it - few people. So it can't explain the fact that most of the names listed in the thread are of females, can it?

Old 2007-03-21, 17:16   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

I like to think I have an open mind when I hear any seiyuu, and don't immediately think of their previous roles. But here are some roles in which I found the seiyuu highly recognizable, and which fixed their excellence in my mind:

Saitou Chiwa as Hazuki in Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Takahashi Rieko as Neviril in Simoun (then I heard her use a similar voice as Dianna Sorel in Turn A Gundam)
Takahashi Mikako as Ayu in Honey & Clover
Hirano Aya as Layla in NANA (made more impression on me than Haruhi did)
Sugita Tomokazu as Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi
Gotou Yuuko as Nanami in Lamune
Shimizu Ai as Karen in Onegai Twins
Koyasu Takehito as Sa Sakujun in Saiunkoku Monogatari

Much as I love all of these seiyuu -- and they are among my very favorites -- it could be said that if you can recognize their voices easily, they are not at the top of the profession. It could be said, although I wouldn't say it, lol. I think that wider variability might make a seiyuu more valuable as a professional to hire, and give them a greater choice of roles, but that it doesn't make them a better actor in the roles they play.

Nevertheless, here are some top seiyuu whose voices are sometimes harder to identify, at least for me: Kawasumi Ayako, Koshimizu Ami, Orikasa Fumiko, Paku Romi, Horie Yui, Chiba Saeko, Tanaka Rie, even Kuwashima Houko. I think I could produce almost any show, never using anyone but them for the female roles (and some of the male ones, too). If I could afford them, lol.

And Kaioshin, I have to agree that the contemporary anime industry is based on shows featuring cute girls. I don't find this a problem, but if you prefer other types of shows, I can understand your frustration. However, I don't see anyone's preference for female seiyuus as a matter of bias at all. It's a matter of taste. And I respectfully suggest that there is more to some of these shows than you are seeing, and that the cuteness and the singing are only part of their appeal, as the mecha and the violence are only part of the appeal of some other shows. In any case, it appears that the upcoming season may provide a few shows with more males in the cast.

I'd also like to say that being able (or at least willing, lol) to sing doesn't reduce a seiyuu's status in my eyes whatsoever. The CDs help make shows profitable and help seiyuus stay in what is apparently a very poorly paid profession. It's the entertainment industry, and singing is another form of entertainment. In the distant past, actor/performers like Gene Kelly, Deanna Durbin, Doris Day, etc., sang in their films, and had stage shows, too. It's a great big world, and not all anime-lovers love the same things in the same way.

By the way, the best example of the all-female-singer cast was Lovely Idol, which I personally found awful, despite the fact it had a capable cast. However, I loved Lemon Angel Project, which was another great example and had a generally inferior cast. But Ichigo Mashimaro (Kawasumi Ayako, Chiba Saeko, Orikasa Fumiko, Noto Mamiko, Nabatame Hitomi) is a totally different animal: those are five of the absolute best female seiyuu, in the best comedy anime ever. It's just that they also all happen to be able to sing.

And I don't think Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora belongs in your list. The show has no CDs featuring the seiyuus. And in Lucky Star, I think all but three of the cast are relative unknowns who have no CDs in their own names, but may have the odd CD as part of a cast. Manabi is a very good anime, with good seiyuus, that has character CDs and two songs as part of its business plan. Hidamari is another show of the same kind. Maybe these aren't your kind of shows, but they are good shows. It's a matter of personal preference, again.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr | Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka to Assistant | Inugami to Nekoyama | Soul Eater Not | No Game No Life | Gochuumon Usagi? | Nanana's Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou | Minna Kawaisou | Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong | Blade & Soul

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-21 at 17:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 18:46   Link #32
Bloodseeker

Quote:
There's really no need to start insulting female Japanese VAs. I have yet to hear Ayako Kawasumi try to sound really cutesy (or at the very least, its not what comes to mind when I think of her), and she's one of the VAs that I recognize on the regular basis.

Quote:
I disagree with the distinctness thing even though I know its just you presenting the thought as a possible reason.
No, its me stating the reason from my point of view. I just haven't heard any male VAs that really stand out.

Quote:
It's all in the knowledge of the people really, if you're watching series today without having learned about the past series, of course you're almost never going to know who any of the male voice actors are, because they push the all-female casts and their singer voice-actors far too much lately. That's the trend right now, the all-female singer cast, once that blows over we should be getting more recognition in here for the male voice actors. That's how I would try to explain it.
*looks at Hunter X Hunter on his HD, which is probably one of the biggest sausage fest anime that I've ever seen up until the York Shin arc, and all of the older shows on his shelves*
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:15   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Saiunkoku Monogatari is the first anime I've watched in a while where there are many terrific male voice actors. You need only visit Kaoru Chujo's indispensible guide to the characters in this show to see how many there are. Of the 28 seiyuu on that page only five are female.

Mizushima Takahiro also impressed me with his work as Ryu, the "Glass of the Gods" in Bartender. The other two older bartenders, and the narrator, also gave strong performances in this show, but quick searchers at ANN and AnimeNFO failed to uncover their names.

There's definitely some excellent work being done by male VAs, but not necessarily in the shows that get a lot of attention among anime fans.
Old 2007-03-21, 21:40   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like to think I have an open mind when I hear any seiyuu, and don't immediately think of their previous roles. But here are some roles in which I found the seiyuu highly recognizable, and which fixed their excellence in my mind:

Saitou Chiwa as Hazuki in Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Takahashi Rieko as Neviril in Simoun (then I heard her use a similar voice as Dianna Sorel in Turn A Gundam)
Takahashi Mikako as Ayu in Honey & Clover
Hirano Aya as Layla in NANA (made more impression on me than Haruhi did)
Sugita Tomokazu as Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi
Gotou Yuuko as Nanami in Lamune
Shimizu Ai as Karen in Onegai Twins
Koyasu Takehito as Sa Sakujun in Saiunkoku Monogatari

Much as I love all of these seiyuu -- and they are among my very favorites -- it could be said that if you can recognize their voices easily, they are not at the top of the profession. It could be said, although I wouldn't say it, lol. I think that wider variability might make a seiyuu more valuable as a professional to hire, and give them a greater choice of roles, but that it doesn't make them a better actor in the roles they play.

Nevertheless, here are some top seiyuu whose voices are sometimes harder to identify, at least for me: Kawasumi Ayako, Koshimizu Ami, Orikasa Fumiko, Paku Romi, Horie Yui, Chiba Saeko, Tanaka Rie, even Kuwashima Houko. I think I could produce almost any show, never using anyone but them for the female roles (and some of the male ones, too). If I could afford them, lol.

And Kaioshin, I have to agree that the contemporary anime industry is based on shows featuring cute girls. I don't find this a problem, but if you prefer other types of shows, I can understand your frustration. However, I don't see anyone's preference for female seiyuus as a matter of bias at all. It's a matter of taste. And I respectfully suggest that there is more to some of these shows than you are seeing, and that the cuteness and the singing are only part of their appeal, as the mecha and the violence are only part of the appeal of some other shows. In any case, it appears that the upcoming season may provide a few shows with more males in the cast.

I'd also like to say that being able (or at least willing, lol) to sing doesn't reduce a seiyuu's status in my eyes whatsoever. The CDs help make shows profitable and help seiyuus stay in what is apparently a very poorly paid profession. It's the entertainment industry, and singing is another form of entertainment. In the distant past, actor/performers like Gene Kelly, Deanna Durbin, Doris Day, etc., sang in their films, and had stage shows, too. It's a great big world, and not all anime-lovers love the same things in the same way.

By the way, the best example of the all-female-singer cast was Lovely Idol, which I personally found awful, despite the fact it had a capable cast. However, I loved Lemon Angel Project, which was another great example and had a generally inferior cast. But Ichigo Mashimaro (Kawasumi Ayako, Chiba Saeko, Orikasa Fumiko, Noto Mamiko, Nabatame Hitomi) is a totally different animal: those are five of the absolute best female seiyuu, in the best comedy anime ever. It's just that they also all happen to be able to sing.

And I don't think Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora belongs in your list. The show has no CDs featuring the seiyuus. And in Lucky Star, I think all but three of the cast are relative unknowns who have no CDs in their own names, but may have the odd CD as part of a cast. Manabi is a very good anime, with good seiyuus, that has character CDs and two songs as part of its business plan. Hidamari is another show of the same kind. Maybe these aren't your kind of shows, but they are good shows. It's a matter of personal preference, again.
It was a joke actually. It's actually very difficult for that not to happen and so I was being goofy about it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-21 at 21:53.
Old 2007-03-21, 22:41   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm going with the notion that its just easier for guys to pick out female voices for brain-wiring reasons.

Most of the male VAs I know are American cartoon actors. The japanese really don't push their male VAs (until recently) on the same "tours" ... it isn't a case of "I don't think" or "I assume", its a case of looking at the overall industry. Individual anecdotal exceptions do not shoot down a generalized trend observation. And a lot of the tours *do* put their female VAs in frilly outfits (the recent Haruhi tour comes to mind) and have them sing and dance. It kind of depends, though, on the budget (I remember the Love Hina Live video where the girls were basically wearing street clothes and no male VAs were in sight either).

Female VAs *are* given preference in usage if they can even marginally sing and have "tv/stage" presence.... it is going to sell the product better and maximize the sorts of products and events they can do. The VA Sugita has injected some humorous sarcasm by commenting more than once in interviews about "where's his singing CD" or not getting a tour. Whatever else Sugita does... .he seems to be striking into newer ground where the people want to see him as much as the females.

I can consistently spot:
Sugita (Kyon, Yuuichi, etc)
Gotou (Mikuru, Kaede, etc)
Yuu Asakawa (Motoko, Sakaki, etc)

After that it gets tougher because there are several actresses that can do something like the Mai/Primula/Yuki/deadpan-minimalist character.
Old 2007-03-22, 03:57   Link #36
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm going with the notion that its just easier for guys to pick out female voices for brain-wiring reasons.

Most of the male VAs I know are American cartoon actors. The japanese really don't push their male VAs (until recently) on the same "tours" ... it isn't a case of "I don't think" or "I assume", its a case of looking at the overall industry. Individual anecdotal exceptions do not shoot down a generalized trend observation. And a lot of the tours *do* put their female VAs in frilly outfits (the recent Haruhi tour comes to mind) and have them sing and dance. It kind of depends, though, on the budget (I remember the Love Hina Live video where the girls were basically wearing street clothes and no male VAs were in sight either).

I assume this was in response to my post as it does seem fairly related. Of course anecdotal evidence doesn't shoot down generalized trend observations but I wasn't even attempting that. I was just stating that there are events that involve all-male VA casts or close enough, just to counter what I thought (perhaps mistakenly) Kaioshin was getting at.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 09:23   Link #37
shiro83

I think thanks to School Rumble (Tsukamoto Yakumo), I can straight away recognize Noto Mamiko's voice.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 04:23   Link #38
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

1. Yuuko Gotou (i can tell from the cute and whiny tone)- Mikuru Asahina, Kaede Fuyou
  2. Aya Hirano (being haruhi is her trademark)- Haruhi Suzumiya
  3. Yukari Tamura (never knew she can be high-pitched)- Mai Kawasumi
  4. Tomoko Kawakami (has a particular sound whenever you hear her high-pitched voice)- Sayuri Kurata,
  5. Yui Horie - Ayu Tsukimiya, Naru Narusegawa
  6. Tomokazu Sugita (voice is very typical o it's easy to tell) - Kyon, Yuiichi Aizawa
  7. Tomokazu Seki - Sosuke Sagara, Keisuke Takahashi
  8. Takehito Koyasu - Ryosuke Takahashi, Mwu La Flaga
  9. Kenichi Suzumura - Shinn Asuka

KKK Silent Hunters Division Sniper
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 06:32   Link #39
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Wendee Lee IS Faye Valentine for me. Megumi's interpretation is superb as well, but I heard Wendee first and only for a loooong time until I started buying the DVDs.

Also for my money Atsuko Tanaka IS Motoko Kusanagi. She hasn't done a whole lot but in the other stuff I've heard her in like Fate/Stay Night I can't get Motoko outta my head.
Old 2007-04-04, 18:36   Link #40
Shiori-chan

Hirano Aya - haruhi suzumiya
Yui Horie - Ayu (kanon) , Naru (love hina)