AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-23, 00:05   Link #221
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse View Post

Anyway, my biggest question: Why is Konohamaru learning the forbidden Kage Bunshin Jutsu? Is ANTHING sacred anymore?
Thats a noobish question. Every good ninja must know at least 10 forbidden techniques. If noone learns em, they become FORGOTTEN jutsus. Nobody wants to get rid of them. Just make them sound cooler, thats all. Else I dunno why they would write a list of all the forbidden jutsus with instructions on how to perform each of them. -___-*


Kish realizes his story has gone from wtf! to fucking bullshit. Hes trying to maintain interest by introducing risque topics into the mix. I wont be suprised if next chapter Sasuke says something like "fuck George Bush".
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:05   Link #222
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Just a reminder. Sasuke got the tomoe of his sharingan by protecting the people he cared for and for following his dream.

Sasuke will probably end up saving Naruto from Itachi and then he'll gain MS through a protection method.

Itachi: got his by killing his friend
Kakashi: got his because of his guilt that Obito died(my theory)
Sasuke: Will most likely get his by protecting his friends. Remember he said that he won't do what Itachi did to get power he'll gain power his own way.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:12   Link #223
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Just a reminder. Sasuke got the tomoe of his sharingan by protecting the people he cared for and for following his dream.

Sasuke will probably end up saving Naruto from Itachi and then he'll gain MS through a protection method.

Itachi: got his by killing his friend
Kakashi: got his because of his guilt that Obito died(my theory)
Sasuke: Will most likely get his by protecting his friends. Remember he said that he won't do what Itachi did to get power he'll gain power his own way.
This theory crossed my mind as well but I do not like the idea of Kakashi sitting around and pouting about the death of his childhood friend granting him such an important power.

Itachi got his through an incredible sacrifice. There's a bid difference.

Kishi needs to hurry up and explain to us how Kakashi got his, because just "having it" without explanation his a horrible plot device.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:21   Link #224
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse View Post
Hehe, where are the screaming fangirls? All at home with tissues? I didn't see it coming for sure and I guess Kishi thought he'd be fair with the ladies watching the show since we're exposed to lots of half naked women in smoke every so often in this manga... He must care about the amount of females that watch LOL.
Oh trust me, we're here and a couple have died of heartattacks and lots have been hyperventilating and well, they're unavailable right now.

Enjoyed this chapter. Kishi knows how to appease the massive fans that enjoys this. LOL. So much stuff in this chapter right about killed me and I enjoyed seeing Sasuke smile (although constipated).

I didn't like the fact that Orochi-sama just went poof! But then Kishi did this and then (like someone said); Orochimaru who? So yeah. Fun. And more girls. ._. Hopefully plenty of screentime.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:27   Link #225
Gankutsuou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Is Naruto becoming some kind of Gay manga now??? WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAW??????? Do people in Japan like things like that? Please inform me, i can't imagine , why someone would want to show so much gay content in one chapter of a manga which many childs are reading too... Woah makes me want to puke... I think a line was crossed...
I had to laugh and feel disgusted at your reply. It's so ridiculous and absurd. How old are you? You're the definition of intolerance. You must really be insecure with your sexuality to be offended by that. My brother, who's straight by the way, did not react anything like a few of you here: "OMG GAY, EWWW!" How about, grow up and accept the fact that there are gay people in this world and there's nothing you can do about that.

And yes, YAOI (homosexuality in manga) is extremely popular in Japan. And god, YOU make me want to puke because you feel disgusted by a simple drawing depicted two human beings close to each other. I suggest you learn some manners.

BTW, if you feel disgusted by that, I suggest you stop reading NARUTO right now. Who knows, there might be more "gay manga" that will make you puke in the upcoming chapters. *laughs*

Anyway, I thought Kishi did a very good decision because he's finally acknowledged one of the biggest fanbase for NARUTO. I remember how he said in an interview that 90% of the fan letters to him were by girls.

Last edited by Gankutsuou; 2007-03-23 at 00:54.
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:54   Link #226
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Honestly there is a lot of reasons for why Western society is so homophobic. Religion, xenophobia, male insecurity, fear etc.

My point is why get worked up? Let the gays live their lives however they want, let act as flaming as they want in public. Why should what they do have any effect on you as a straight person? Are people so insecure, so intolerent about sexuality that you can't even laugh at a joke?

Why is this such a big deal in American society in particular? Beats me, I don't even know why its such a big political issue, don't we have bigger things to worry about than making these outsiders feel even more isolated?
Sorry, but the flaw in that approach is that it in itself is biased. So people say to you "why can't we just let them live the way they want?" when the fact is that nobody just lives the way they want. Its a majority/minority point of view, and you start saying things like let everyone just be the way they want to be you're not taking into account the many other social groups that exist which cause much controversy (like Polygamists + taxes). You can't just look at one group and say its ok to let them frolic in whatever fashion or form simply because you don't care how they act around you.

Anyway, back to the manga, I like how Suigetsu looks. His face makes me laugh.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:56   Link #227
Kittycountess
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Kish realizes his story has gone from wtf! to fucking bullshit. Hes trying to maintain interest by introducing risque topics into the mix. I wont be suprised if next chapter Sasuke says something like "fuck George Bush".
Must admit, I didn't see that coming. That was totally hilarious. Imagine it really happening:

Suigetsu: "So Sasuke, where to next? Are we going to Konoha or the Akatsuki hide out?"

Sasuke: "Neither, we're headed to Iraq. I hear there is big shit going down in there. Itachi is spotted among the insurgents.

Suigetsu:

Readers *praise Kishimoto for staying with current issues*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
You can't just look at one group and say its ok to let them frolic in whatever fashion or form simply because you don't care how they act around you.
Yes you can, as long as they aren't hurting you or anyone else (and being disgusted doesn't count as hurt. I get disgusted by people who chew gum loudly in public. Get my point?) Polygamists are a different issue. There's the matter of consent and the age of the people involved. I suggest you do some reading about that as this is not a thread to discuss it.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:22   Link #228
Deathwing
what do i know
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
personaly i think kakashi might have killed somebody to get the MS
or mabye obito lived and killed somebody import to him and they both got MS
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:23   Link #229
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
Yes you can, as long as they aren't hurting you or anyone else (and being disgusted doesn't count as hurt. I get disgusted by people who chew gum loudly in public. Get my point?) Polygamists are a different issue. There's the matter of consent and the age of the people involved. I suggest you do some reading about that as this is not a thread to discuss it.
Who said anything about age and consent? That's an entirely different matter to the point I made. Polygamists + taxes involves the legal benefits of marriage regarding multiple spouses, which by your own words doesn't HURT anyone either. And your quoting of me was regarding how one can tolerate a single prevalent social issue without doing so for the others, again that's bias and something people tend to forget when making their liberal claims about homosexual tolerance. I wasn't discussing it then, I made a point relating to the subject of homosexuality in todays chapter, NOW i'm discussing it since you decided to try and retort me by questioning my intelligence. Tch.

In any event, what I notice about Japanese culture (being asian myself) is that they exhibit a lot of tolerance towards otherwise taboo material, and from the looks of it seemingly because they expect a person to be able to judge the seriousness of the content on their own. Something i'm afraid young countries with little cultural history or tradition like America is not as accustomed to. Self-governing can be tricky.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:33   Link #230
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse View Post
Anyway, my biggest question: Why is Konohamaru learning the forbidden Kage Bunshin Jutsu? Is ANTHING sacred anymore?
Kage Bushin(shadow clone) is NOT a forbidden jutsu... TAJU Kage Bushin(Mass shadow clone) is forbidden

Kage Bushin creates several solid clones, the user has full control over how many clones he ends up making. This is the technique we see naruto usually use, along with other jounins

Taju Kage Bushin however forces the user to create hundreds of clones with nearly no control over how many are made. Because of how much chakra is used up just making a few clones, TAJU is actually dangerous since it can completly drain a ninja very quickly... Naruto is only able to use it because of his massive Chakra pool... this is the technique that only Naruto uses, the same used agianst some like Mizuki, and Garra
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 02:06   Link #231
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Though what's Konohamaru using a jounin level technique for anyway.

Spoiler for Don't look innocent minds:


Better or worse you think?


And 3 people to handle Kisame, Sasuke to handle Itachi. Hopefully that happens soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
and I enjoyed seeing Sasuke smile (although constipated).
Ack why constipated? It was a sweet smile =(.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 02:17   Link #232
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
Though what's Konohamaru using a jounin level technique for anyway.

Spoiler for Don't look innocent minds:


Better or worse you think?


And 3 people to handle Kisame, Sasuke to handle Itachi. Hopefully that happens soon .



Ack why constipated? It was a sweet smile =(.
WORSE バカ!


Actually sounds like a good match up.. Team Sasuke vs Kisame & Sasuke vs Itachi
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 03:23   Link #233
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Lol Lady Rave XD
Where did you get that one...?

@SlayerX
I thought the Kinjutsu scroll Naruto stole was Kage Bunshin. Tajuu Kage Bunshin being something only Naruto could do thanks to the impressive amount of Chakra he had.
__________________

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 05:57   Link #234
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou View Post
I remember how he said in an interview that 90% of the fan letters to him were by girls.
That could also be taken as most guys are lazy?

Although its not really my thing, I was content enough to read it because the reactions of the characters afterwoods made me laugh and im really really pleased to see the series taking a step out of "Emo World" and bring some comedy into the show.

Exp liked the reaction of Sai, i think someone has already stated before hand, but I completly agree, I wasn't too fond of him at the start but he's deffinatly starting to grow on me. The comedy u can get from social-deprevention is outstanding. No expression on his face, no shock/horror/enjoyment/pleasure to the situation he's been just been put in, just blank "oh look thats me and sasuke-kun", quite the contrast to the reactions of Sakura&Naruto, which we're also highly amusing.

Just think that the fanfiction now is gonna be flooded with SaiXsasuke stories :P

Have to say I'm glad their is gonna be a new female nin introduced, just hope this one wont be killed off in 2 chapters if she's even semi-powerful. Tho I wasn't really able to get my head around the room she was in, was the "ceiling" some sort of like screen of Sasuke & the new guy?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:20   Link #235
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, I've only started watching anime in a truly regular fashion. I started out watching FMA ((Which really, really rocked, props to it for being so awesome, heh)) then moved on to Naruto.

I like both animes, though I was a bit taken aback by the weird gender issues some characters seemed to have, hah. ((Talking about the beginning, with Haku and Orochimaru))

The girl that introduced me to the animes in general then revealed to me the whole "under-cover" ((well, sort of)) production of doujinshi for those animes, representing different styles.

I also learned vocabulary for those ((I sound like such a geek now ))

bishie, yaoi, yuri, and more. ((My guess is I'm not the only one who understands those terms, if otherwise, please do have me locked up in an institute ))

Anyways, while I understand we may be slightly surprised by the use of liberated homosexuality, I do believe a lot of men enjoy that same homosexuality applied to women. Yes, lesbians. ((Don't flame me for this ))

Now, even though this was extremely rare back in Western countries, I discovered that quite a few asian girls I met were into the "gay" stuff.

Someone said: "Someone's Freedom stops where the other's begin." In short, if you like lesbians or if you like gays, it's all good, the most important word I learned through anime is perhaps: "Tolerance."

------------

Oh, that put aside, I loved the freakin episode, wanna see those new characters asap
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:34   Link #236
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 32
how the hell konohamaru know sasuke look like?
i dont say it was gay or smthng but this chapter was full of nudity and was out of general line of naruto...dunno if its good or bad but it was annoying for me...

i wonder if konoha will be informed about the situation and what will happen next?
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:48   Link #237
Yogi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
OK, this chapter was gay. I'm not talking about the quality, I'm literally talking about the amount of homosexual content.

So now Sasuke has even less personality than before. Let be repeat that, less personality than even his most reclusive period in the first half. He doesn't even look like he's eager to face Itachi or anything. Plus recruiting other people goes against his who "break my bonds" thing. Perhaps he has given up on a one on one fight and is looking for cannon fodder?

Kishimoto shouldn't insert filler into his own manga. That's what the Anime team is for.

You would think that some Water Country ninja would have stopped by to retrieve one of the Legendary Seven Swords which is just lying around for any random person to take.

So Suigetsu wa confident that he can take on Ororchimaru as well? Jeez, how many Sannin-level ninja are in Orochimaru's lab alone?
__________________
I give you back your frailty. I give you back your loneliness. I commend you to your darkness, as I descend into mine.
I love you. I will always love you.
This is Fleet Command, signing off.
-- Karan S'jet, from an early draft of the Homeworld 2 script.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:49   Link #238
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Lol Lady Rave XD
Where did you get that one...?

@SlayerX
I thought the Kinjutsu scroll Naruto stole was Kage Bunshin. Tajuu Kage Bunshin being something only Naruto could do thanks to the impressive amount of Chakra he had.
It was Tajuu Kage Bunshin. Kage Bunshin is a B ranked jutsu. Most jounin and probably a good number of chuunin can to do it if they have decent amount of chakra.

Kage Bushin is still very impressive for a 12 year old genin and dangerous because you have to divide your chakra among the clones.

Think of when Konohamaru is strong enough to make four shadow clones. We’ll get Ino/Sakura/Temari/Tenten and Neji/Kiba/Shika/Gaara orgies! And Kishimoto will draw it.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:19   Link #239
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It was Tajuu Kage Bunshin. Kage Bunshin is a B ranked jutsu. Most jounin and probably a good number of chuunin can to do it if they have decent amount of chakra.

Kage Bushin is still very impressive for a 12 year old genin and dangerous because you have to divide your chakra among the clones.

Think of when Konohamaru is strong enough to make four shadow clones. We’ll get Ino/Sakura/Temari/Tenten and Neji/Kiba/Shika/Gaara orgies! And Kishimoto will draw it.
I look forward to that

about kakashi getting MS...
lets not forget that kakashi is a genius, and can analyze things, he when he got attacked by MS he was able to analyze the attack, not necessarily with his sharingran but with is intuitive skills. then he probably researched,
found hidden shit, then trained his ass to do it.

I wonder what they mean by brand new world...
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:34   Link #240
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I wonder what they mean by brand new world...
Huh ? What are you referring to ?
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.