AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-23, 19:33   Link #281
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Hopefully Kishi elaborates on it because otherwise he is being sloppy.

I don't think Kabuto would tell the prisoners about Oro.

I suspect that he has a communication network and informed Sound ninja henchmen but the word leaked to the prisoners.

As for why he would even bother? Perhaps they have to change strategies because of this incident.

Oro's defeat would surely interfere with any plans Kabuto had and his daily schedule of following his orders.

I don't think we will see much of Kabuto for awhile but hopefully he is not left in the dark he is a great character.
Old 2007-03-23, 19:46   Link #282
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Suigetsu is cool. So far I think he's the coolest 'new' character introduced since Sasori (even cooler than Kimmimaro)he's got a nice amount of lip without being stupid or detached like sai. Can't wait to see him put against Kisame! I'm really looking forward to what the other ninja sasuke's looking for are gonna be like. I also liked the great naruto bridge cameo!

Next up is: WTF is up with that random chick and how does she know oro's dead. I mean granted for a marked Ninja like oro to have multiple hideouts and powerfull ninja sacrafices kept at each one news should travel pretty quickly, but that was fast.(althou it might have been at least a day since Sasuke went out of his way for the sword)

Also who is OUR way? My theory is that maybe not all of oro's hideouts were set up like prison camps. It's a possibility that the next person runs the hideout and it's maintinence crew, and has to deal with local interferance. (but who would have the ballz to mess even with oro's freak minions. Their like a mini akastuki)

-Oh yea and I'm also noticing that sasuke and crew (1 so far) aren't wearing head bands. This trend suits ninja who will be detached from major organizations. I like.
Old 2007-03-23, 20:07   Link #283
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
-Oh yea and I'm also noticing that sasuke and crew (1 so far) aren't wearing head bands. This trend suits ninja who will be detached from major organizations. I like.
I was going to bring that up but i forgot cus i was watching a educational movie...but yeah it doesn't seem they wear headprotectors well we know Sasuke doesn't and Suigetsu seems to be pretty proud to be from the blood mist village ( love saying that) and he doesn't even where one.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:15   Link #284
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I hear people say that repeatedly but I do not recall the manga making a distinction between Tajuu Kagebunshin and regular Kagebunshin.

I re-read the first volume and it merely says that it is Kagebunshin that he learned from the scroll.
From the manga pages you gave, you are right. But, what Iruka says give hints of what he actually learned. He says Naruto actually created 1000+ clones; for normal Kage Bunshin, Iruka is not expected to say that, and I doubt Naruto can be able to divide into 1000+ if he had only learned Kage Bunshin instead of the Tajuu version.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:25   Link #285
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Suigetsu seems to be pretty proud to be from the blood mist village ( love saying that) and he doesn't even where one.
Actually all suigetsu seemed to be proud of is training to become a swordsman (so that he could use Zabuza's sword). It doesn't seem like he cared about zabuza(or haku) or the village. His statments were prolly just so we could get some background on what he was about.

I also got the feeling Suigetsu could be like a water version of Gara. That would be pretty sweet.
Old 2007-03-23, 20:30   Link #286
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
I also got the feeling Suigetsu could be like a water version of Gara. That would be pretty sweet.
well he is the first Character i've seen carrying around a water bottle, how weird is that.
Old 2007-03-23, 20:41   Link #287
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, I remember in Oro's hideout, when Kabuto was making the prisoners fight together, there were cameras installed, monitoring the result. So there are some basic electronics.

It's not that much of a stretch that this network could be extended to the other hideouts. And the guy that got K.O'd by the girl might be a lieutenant. Because I suppose every hideout needs some sort of protection or leadership.

But yes, that's just me, I won't be too shocked if he doesn't explain how the info got there. I expect them to elaborate on the other hideouts, though, so there probably will be a bit of info on that
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:56   Link #288
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
It's not that much of a stretch that this network could be extended to the other hideouts. And the guy that got K.O'd by the girl might be a lieutenant. Because I suppose every hideout needs some sort of protection or leadership.
I don't see that guy being very important. Kishi didn't even waist time to show us a proper face before he was defeated. It seems like Kishi is rushing the story a bit because he's split between sasuke, akatsuki, and naruto's objectives at the moment. There's also no real gaurentee that the girl has direct ties to oro (even thou she droped his name).

Akatsuki did say they were going after oro and not jinkuri right now, so I wonder how they are taking this news that oro's done, or if they even got it. I'd like to see sasuke's new team pit up against an akastuki team.
Old 2007-03-23, 21:19   Link #289
Slayerx

Quote:
Akatsuki did say they were going after oro and not jinkuri right now, so I wonder how they are taking this news that oro's done, or if they even got it. I'd like to see sasuke's new team pit up against an akastuki team.
Wait did i miss/forget something?
When did akatsuki say they were gonna concentrate on killing Oro now...
Only time i recall that was in one of those fake spoilers for this chapter... Oro is a problem for them, but i don't recall them saying they were gonna concentrate on Oro for awhile

Quote:
I hear people say that repeatedly but I do not recall the manga making a distinction between Tajuu Kagebunshin and regular Kagebunshin.

I re-read the first volume and it merely says that it is Kagebunshin that he learned from the scroll.
interesting... Simple explanation for that page is that Kishi rewrote it, relying on the vagueness of the situation as his escuse for unclear clarification... kinda like how we never see that crystal ball after the first chapter... Kishi would come up with Bull like naruto may have said "kage bushin" but he really used "Tajuu"... it's not unheard of for writers of things such as this to have second thoughts... he probably decided later that Kage Bushin should be a Jounin thing to do... So it's a lack of foresight by Kishi; no one said he was a perfect writer...

one thing i wish i could find is translations for the first databook... i know where to look for the second book, but not he first... if such an error was made, the first databook would answer it,,,

What you explained about why Kage Bushin does not really actually make much sense... basically what you explained is that the reason Kage Bushin is forbidden is because it uses too much Chakra... If using too much chakra alone was enough to make it forbidden, then there would be ALOT of forbidden jutsus... While Kage Bushin uses up a lot of chakra, there are plenty of skills that are FAR more draining, namely powerful attacks like rasengan, or the big boss summons... Those eat up chakra alot with use, and if using a lot of chakra was enough to get forbidden label on them, then ever powerful jutsu would be forbidden aswell. Really, Kage Bushin in no way seems worse then other powerful jutsus. They ONLY way Kage Bushin can be dangerous to a ninja is if, just like all big jutsus, the ninja abuses the technic and has very poor judgment with it use (part of why it would be taught to respocible Jounin, and not Ignornat Genin)....

Even your example with Sandiame isn't too good. earlier in the fight Oro said it was foolish for Sandiame not to use Kage Bushin, the ANBU follow that up by saying that it's not that Sandiame was foolish, but that he CAN'T use it... What this implies, is that if Sandiame was younger then he would have DEFINATLY been using Kage Bushin in this fight... If a jutsu truly were a forbidden one, then Sandiame would not even considering using it, since being forbidden means it's too dangerous to work. Not to mention the other Jounin who use the techniquie commonly despite the "danger"... if it really was forbidden, the jounin would be very hesitent to use the technic

This is why Tajuu is so different... Naruto is the only ninja who can use it and not suffer from it... The amount of chakra it uses is uncontrolable and even the best ninja would suffer from it, as opposed to Kage Bushin which gives you full control over how much chakra you use... without the control, Tajuu can drain a ninja instantly

Grant it, another possibility is that the term "forbidden" is a HEAVY exageration that Kishi uses...
Forbidden generally means that it should NEVER be used under any cicumstances unless you plan on dying/severly hurtng youself or innocents in the process...
It is most commonly used for techniques that either require sacrifices, or for techniquies that can cause sever/perminent damage or death (kage bushin, just using up lots of chakra like many big jutsus would not fall under this)...
However, when Kishi says "forbidden" he really means "you can, it's just not always such a great idea"... So kishi is being rather liberal when it comes to the use of the term "forbidden"

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-03-25 at 17:49. Reason: don't double post
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:45   Link #290
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Quote:
Wait did i miss/forget something?
When did akatsuki say they were gonna concentrate on killing Oro now...
Only time i recall that was in one of those fake spoilers for this chapter... Oro is a problem for them, but i don't recall them saying they were gonna concentrate on Oro for awhile
This is the downside to spoilers. People get confused and start reciting misinformation from the fake spoilers.

It was never stated that Akatsuki was going to focus on Oro. We have not even seen an Akatsuki member in the manga since Kakuzu and Hidan were defeated.

Speaking of them, it would be a good idea for Kishi to give us a glimpse of their current plans in the next two chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
interesting... Simple explanation for that page is that Kishi rewrote it, relying on the vagueness of the situation as his escuse for unclear clarification... kinda like how we never see that crystal ball after the first chapter... Kishi would come up with Bull like naruto may have said "kage bushin" but he really used "Tajuu"... it's not unheard of for writers of things such as this to have second thoughts... he probably decided later that Kage Bushin should be a Jounin thing to do... So it's a lack of foresight by Kishi; no one said he was a perfect writer...
Yeah, I also noticed that both Mizuki and Sandaime referred to Naruto AS the Demon Fox rather than it residing in him.

I always thought that was odd. He seems to revise story elements on the fly, such as when he did not draw the Mangeko Sharingan for Itachi until much later, causing the animation team improvise and make dramatic sequences to the jutsu.

Quote:
one thing i wish i could find is translations for the first databook... i know where to look for the second book, but not he first... if such an error was made, the first databook would answer it,,,
I have not ready any of the data books yet so I am just going by the manga.

Quote:
What you explained about why Kage Bushin does not really actually make much sense... basically what you explained is that the reason Kage Bushin is forbidden is because it uses too much Chakra... If using too much chakra alone was enough to make it forbidden, then there would be ALOT of forbidden jutsus...

This is why Tajuu is so different... Naruto is the only ninja who can use it and not suffer from it... The amount of chakra it uses is uncontrolable and even the best ninja would suffer from it, as opposed to Kage Bushin which gives you full control over how much chakra you use... without the control, Tajuu can drain a ninja instantly.....
Yes, I do think Tajuu being forebidden vs. regular Kagebunshin makes more sense.

During the Chunnin exam the instructors spoke of Kagebunshin simple being a Jounin level move.

I first remember "Tajuu Kagebunshin no Jutsu" being used when he fought Gaara in the forest.

If Kagebunshin itself was a forebidden move I doubt that people like Kakashi and Itachi would know about it.

It was written on a scroll that the villagers were highly protective of as many of the jutsu on the scroll seemed to be extremely dangerous.

Quote:
So kishi is being rather liberal when it comes to the use of the term "forbidden"
Lee was atleast punished by his sensei for using kinjutsu in his battle with Sasuke. But permitted him to use them to win his fight with Gaara.

We haven't really seen alot of moves that have been dubbed "forebidden".

Anko tried a suicide kinjutsu on Orochimaru and he remarked that someone in her position within the village should not be doing that.

Yondaime forbade (or atleast advised against) Kakashi using Chidori because of its danger.

Naruto's Wind element Rasengan has now been advised by Tsunade to be forebidden ( Jiraiya's vague "that jutsu" sounded as though it were forebidden).

So it does sound like Kishi is trying to bring that concept back into the manga.

I'm sure that forebidden jutsu were always meant to be ancient secrets who's use is unknown to the common ninja, or jutsu only permitted to be used in crucial situations.
Old 2007-03-23, 23:11   Link #291
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Don't forget that Orochimaru forbid Sasuke from using "that jutsu".

I heard some people in this thread mentioned that Karin knew Orochimaru's name. I believe that maybe Orochimaru had sealed her or something and when Sasuke defeated him the seal broke.

Also when she felt Sasuke's chakra she seemed kind of scared and said "this chakra". Does this mean that maybe she knows Madara to and compared him to Sasuke.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 01:01   Link #292
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Yeah, but in that situation he did not want it used on Team Yamato, not necessarily forebidding its usage all together.

Quote:
I heard some people in this thread mentioned that Karin knew Orochimaru's name. I believe that maybe Orochimaru had sealed her or something and when Sasuke defeated him the seal broke.

Also when she felt Sasuke's chakra she seemed kind of scared and said "this chakra". Does this mean that maybe she knows Madara to and compared him to Sasuke.
Uchiha Madara?

That may be a bit of a stretch.

Since Suigetsu knows her I am assuming that she senses either him or Sasuke.

Sasuke knows her by name too and remember that Oro has been traveling with Sasuke and Kabuto from base to base, meaning Sasuke has probably become familiar with prisoners from several bases including Suigetsu, Karin and Juugo who he seems to be forming into his own team.

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2007-03-24 at 02:22.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 01:52   Link #293
Deathwing
what do i know

she probably knows both of them. i mean it has been 3 years so sasuke probably knows most of the henchmen/women
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:35   Link #294
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post

not really... Suigetsu's seal wasn't broken after Orochimaru was defeated by Sasuke
Old 2007-03-24, 05:18   Link #295
yinstro

in spite of teh fact it was onlya few pages, sometime has occured, sasuke killed oro, talked to kabuto freed suigetsu then traveled to teh great brideg and revealed teh sword before he girl said oro is dead. Not to mention this world is a technological world, only thing they dont have is guns, they have tvs video cassettes walki talkies. It is easily possib;e and even likely kabuto would let them now that sasuke killed oro and is now the main threat to the operation. or any number of other reasons for people getting info.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 06:54   Link #296
7thKeeper

Just an odd little detail I noticed but... did Suigetsu remove the handle from the sword? I noticed that he was holding the handle in his hand and there was only a short stub left attached to the actual blade. Just wondering why the heck would you want to do that?
7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 06:59   Link #297
tatami
back in black

interesting point why the hell he removed it?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:34   Link #298
shankss
CP10

Quote:
And yes he WILL be the one to defeat Akatsuki by doing Sexy no Jutsu to exploit their individual sexual tastes.
hell no! what if he does ZetsuXKisame yaoi no jutsu?!

--also here comes weirdest theory of the month! : could it be that tsunade ordered sasuke to infaltrate orochimaru's lair to assassinate him and then taking care of akatsuki! so she couldve protect naruto kyuubi from akatsuki around village while sasuke assassinating everythin!.........................no..wait..it cant.worst scenario ever....
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:47   Link #299
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
hell no! what if he does ZetsuXKisame yaoi no jutsu?!
thanks for ruining my breakfast
Old 2007-03-24, 08:53   Link #300
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
interesting point why the hell he removed it?
Maybe Suigetsu plans on replacing the handle with the water bottle.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote