AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-26, 17:22   Link #61
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz View Post
Avalon was awesome, it was like GitS world in Russia.
tsk, tsk a little correction: it's Poland, not Russia
Great film nonetheless...

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 07:25   Link #62
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

I for one will vote for Britney Spears as Makoto
Old 2008-06-24, 13:17   Link #63
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Motoko you mean, right?

And I can't see something as unlikely as the representation you suggested.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:42   Link #64
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lightbulb Update (Credits : Sankaku)

The scriptwriter for Hollywood’s 2011 Ghost in the Shell has stressed the movie will be packed full of action. Hollywood scriptwriter Laeta Kalogridis told of what to expect from the live action in recent comments :

Quote:
“A lot of action… lots of action. There’s still going to be a lot of atmosphere – [The movie] is about vast possibilities – all of this technology, the Internet – it’s about the limitless possibilities of this technology. ”

In another interview she goes into more detail, emphasizing that the movie is based on the supposedly action-packed manga and not the pretentious pseudo-philosophical technobabble of the film:

Quote:
- Q: Is that a remake of the 1995 film or is that an adaptation of the earlier manga?

LK: “Ghost in the Shell” was originally the manga. The anime came from the original graphic novel and then — and that anime, as you know, is a relatively famous, groundbreaking piece of material — also generated two seasons of an animated television show as well.

And this is an adaptation of the original manga, the original comic book that sort of began everything.

- Q: It sounds like it’s going to be a really intelligent, visually cool sci-fi film. Do you see this as possibly paving the way for more live action adaptations of anime and mangas in Hollywood?

LK: I can’t really speak to the trend because certainly a lot of the stateside comic book sources and even U.K. comics that have been mined, I think there’s always room for new source material just like people.

I also think that a lot of the themes of anime as an art form are much more adult and darker than what people sometimes associate with the kinds of four-quadrant movies.For me, I don’t really know the answer to that, but I do think that Bill Gibson’s vision of an Eastern-informed West, where so much of our cultural reference points start to come from this shared literary history, I think that that’s definitely happening. And so, as mythos kind of evolves, and I think anime and manga are slowly becoming a big part of our mythos, I think yes, they’re sort of a natural fit for films .

Expect plenty of pitched gun battles in the dark futuristic streets of Neo-New York as aliens tear the city apart in pursuit of the Crystal.
Old 2010-02-03, 15:44   Link #65
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
holy damn this is gonna suck so much

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 16:08   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Naah man stop being a hater it will be awesome like Chun Li . I haven't seen no promos or stills, till then I don't have any opinion . The only upcoming LvA Movie which looks pleasing/promising is Gantz .
Old 2014-04-30, 10:30   Link #67
ellifeedn
Thinker

Have there been any updates regarding this?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 17:32   Link #68
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Well, like I said, Mamoru Oshii's "Avalon" really is as close to live action GITS as you can get.

And it's a good movie to watch even without that element. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon_%282001_film%29
Need to watch it
thanks
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote