AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 209 74.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 14.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 2.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.77%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-30, 18:00   Link #661
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Eleven days ago, Shinsen was so far behind, it wasn't funny. Since then, they've release eight episodes and caught up.

Eleven days. One has to admire their commitment to the revolution.

If they release the flashback episode and two more specials (they released the first Drama Picture special today as well), that would be eleven Geass releases in eleven days. Then I'll start to worry.
__________________
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 18:06   Link #662
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Conspiracy theory? o_O;
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:05   Link #663
Nainara
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The question here is whether the cure is any better than the disease. Another important point is whether Britannia's treatment of Area 11 would ever improve.
As Lelouch told Kallen in an early episode (9 I believe), the resistance is really just a matter of pride. All that the 11s need to do is fill out a bit of paperwork to become an "honorary brittanian" and benefit from the economic and political stability that the Brittanian empire has brought about. He pointed out that in many ways the 11s who bow down are better off than they were when area 11 was japan.
Nainara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:11   Link #664
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainara View Post
As Lelouch told Kallen in an early episode (9 I believe), the resistance is really just a matter of pride. All that the 11s need to do is fill out a bit of paperwork to become an "honorary brittanian" and benefit from the economic and political stability that the Brittanian empire has brought about. He pointed out that in many ways the 11s who bow down are better off than they were when area 11 was japan.
But they aren't better off. They're treated as peasants and servants. They aren't given the opportunity to progress. The Elevens contribute to the economic stability but they do not receive much benefit from it.

... unless by "better off" you mean that they are healthy and not dying/dead. That is all primarily dependent on individual views. Some may prefer to be dead and live freely, some may prefer to live in "shackles" and be alive and healthy.

I for one believe that it is dependent on the circumstances. They're not exactly slaves within this empire. But they are being mistreated to an extent. Given enough time, the system will find itself in a situation where they (the conquered) have become too important to ignore and they'll have to provide them with ample opportunity for improvement. But this of course is all speculation, since the anime has taken a different path for the purpose of entertainment.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 00:29   Link #665
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Best episode in the show so far... wow.
__________________
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 19:49   Link #666
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
I was looking at Shinsen-subs and something interesting popped up.

"Euphie's SAR...reputed to have drawn on concepts ingrained in her during High school"

This is weird, so Britannian schools teach about equality and independence? (Since that is the point of the SAR). Can anyone clarify it?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:11   Link #667
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This would seem to be the penultimate episode of the season with Jeramiah ready to redeploy, Lelouche's Geass control lapsing as a result of it being spoiled somehow, the bizarre temporary link of everybody around C.C and Suzaku and the shot of Marianne and then the souls of Hades apparently. I have no idea where things are going to go after this, but its sure to be interesting. Also the good old fashioned caning of a civilian like the Sumner beating seems to be alive and well in Brittania for some reason. Also this is quite possibly the bloodiest a Sunrise series has been since Tomino directed. Euphie apparently also can't change her speaking manner when ordering a massacre so we get "Please Die everyone" instead. Very scary stuff I must say.

There wasn't much action, but everything else was pretty much flawless in terms of setup and plot progression, staying true to the nature of the series and having good music and character interaction/development. As always the show looks spectacular as well and the music, specifically the Brittanian anthem was outstanding and gave me goosebumps. So like others I think I'll have to give this episode a perfect in relation to the other episodes of the series though I kind of spoiled it for myself early on it still deserves a rare 10 from me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:55   Link #668
G0d_sl4yer
人間・失格
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: セイバの側にいる
I give this episode 9 of ten...
because there is something that bothers me:
1.why Lelouch must joking like that? He can joke anything but that(Iwonder if he is really isn't intended to use that order)

2.He still can grab/capture/hold Euphi when she tries to go out, but all he can do is just calling her name and pursue her after she's already far..

3.Why Suzaku not dead after that shot from the Knightmare?
He is only a human right, how can he survive/avoid that many Knightmares

That's all my rant....
G0d_sl4yer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:02   Link #669
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0d_sl4yer View Post
I give this episode 9 of ten...
because there is something that bothers me:
1.why Lelouch must joking like that? He can joke anything but that(Iwonder if he is really isn't intended to use that order)

2.He still can grab/capture/hold Euphi when she tries to go out, but all he can do is just calling her name and pursue her after she's already far..

3.Why Suzaku not dead after that shot from the Knightmare?
He is only a human right, how can he survive/avoid that many Knightmares

That's all my rant....
In the episode he theorizes he's ended up like Mao with his Geass now being permanently stuck on do to overuse and the passage of time. It just happened to coincide with that exact moment unfortunately. Also who said Suzaku was hit by the Knightmare, they never showed him taking a bullet so he might have gotten out of the way as a result of the live command given by Lelouche. Though to do that he may have had to fracture something in the process, I don't know yet though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:29   Link #670
mistyken
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
In the episode he theorizes he's ended up like Mao with his Geass now being permanently stuck on do to overuse and the passage of time. It just happened to coincide with that exact moment unfortunately. Also who said Suzaku was hit by the Knightmare, they never showed him taking a bullet so he might have gotten out of the way as a result of the live command given by Lelouche. Though to do that he may have had to fracture something in the process, I don't know yet though.
ToT i think what he meant was, how the hell can someone manage to avoid a machine that fires 3k+ rounds per min(pure speculation)?

but Kira still is the all time survival king...he survived an exploding MS when he's still inside.....and he survived a nuclear melt-down....with just a few scratches.......well i guess what Suzaku been thru is not a big deal anyway...
mistyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 04:29   Link #671
dragonstar13
Busy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 31
Well the joke was a bit poor timing, and in retrospect, Lelouche probably thought he should of said something else. What's done is done, and Lelouche managed to stop her in the end. I'd like to see how he coops with this.
I think Lelouche thought he would of been able to stop her by comanding her. So it didn't occur to him that he should jump her or something.
Suzaku, well the rule of anime tends to be not to kill any of the major main characters, unless it's done by another major character, or the main enemy
__________________
Avatar by:Nabiki Asakura
dragonstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 16:18   Link #672
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Normal people would have said something like "Stand on one foot and bark like a dog."

This is one of the most tragic episodes I've ever seen in all of anime. The way that this could have been so easily avoided is what gets to me and also the way that poor Euphie was forced to act against her own will.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 12:00   Link #673
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No, a normal guy would say "strip and go dance on the scene"
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:36   Link #674
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 29
Now that we have got some more information; When it shows the Emperor before Lelouch meets up with Euphie in episode 22, he has a small group around him in hoods. It could be very possible that those were the knights of round making an appearance in the 1st season?
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:04   Link #675
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Now that we have got some more information; When it shows the Emperor before Lelouch meets up with Euphie in episode 22, he has a small group around him in hoods. It could be very possible that those were the knights of round making an appearance in the 1st season?
According to the character setting sketches, those men in cape are marked as "12 geass gods".
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:18   Link #676
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
According to the character setting sketches, those men in cape are marked as "12 geass gods".
12 Knights of the Round; "12 Geass Gods" can't be a coincidence. Was that character sketch information released near the time of the episode release or more recently?
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 12:25   Link #677
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
12 Knights of the Round; "12 Geass Gods" can't be a coincidence. Was that character sketch information released near the time of the episode release or more recently?
In 2007.

They may have a chance. Although I doubt it because it doesn't look like the knights are connected to the supernatural world. And the KoR's mission is to go around the world instead of watching TV with the Emperor in the Twilight Hall.

In any case, it's way too arbitrary to say it "can't be a coincidence".
If it's a random number like "8" or "19", I could agree to that. But not for 12.
People love 12, just like how they love 3, 4, 7. 12 is a number with many meanings to it. It's like every anime has to have a group of "12-something" or "4-something".

In this case, it can very well be coincidence.
12 Geass Gods because there are so may 12's in nature (12時辰 in a day, 12 months in a year), it's a perfect number for religious purposes.
For the KOR, ask the writers of the legends of King Arthur why they pick 12 knights. Code Geass just sticks to the legend.
Different reasons lead to 12 because everybody loves it.

If it's so simple as 12=12, everyone in Japanese fanbase would have guessed it.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-16 at 12:36.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:54   Link #678
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
In 2007.

They may have a chance. Although I doubt it because it doesn't look like the knights are connected to the supernatural world. And the KoR's mission is to go around the world instead of watching TV with the Emperor in the Twilight Hall.

In any case, it's way too arbitrary to say it "can't be a coincidence".
If it's a random number like "8" or "19", I could agree to that. But not for 12.
People love 12, just like how they love 3, 4, 7. 12 is a number with many meanings to it. It's like every anime has to have a group of "12-something" or "4-something".

In this case, it can very well be coincidence.
12 Geass Gods because there are so may 12's in nature (12時辰 in a day, 12 months in a year), it's a perfect number for religious purposes.
For the KOR, ask the writers of the legends of King Arthur why they pick 12 knights. Code Geass just sticks to the legend.
Different reasons lead to 12 because everybody loves it.

If it's so simple as 12=12, everyone in Japanese fanbase would have guessed it.
It's unlikely that the show would have the 12 Knights of Round, then introduce an entirely new group of 12.
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:34   Link #679
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Well these guys aren't really new since they showed up before the KoR.

"Geass gods" is an interesting title though. I wonder what allows them to be referred as such.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 21:31   Link #680
BlackOni
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well these guys aren't really new since they showed up before the KoR.

"Geass gods" is an interesting title though. I wonder what allows them to be referred as such.
oh oh. what if the 12 geass gods are really twelve people like c.c. and they give geass abilities the the 12 knight of rounds.
BlackOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.