AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-20, 10:14   Link #2001
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
I still think this show was one helluva brilliant plan by Gonzo.
They managed to make us...watch this thing till the end.
Usually when a show doesn't fit my taste , i'd just drop it , but there was something about Dragonaut , something that made me unable to drop it.
Maybe it's because they somehow built in us some kind of hope that the following episode might be actually good , only to have our hope crushed , but yet , this crushed hope gives birth to another kind of hope...which is crushed the following week and so on .
I agree. I don't know why on earth I am still watching this. It's utter crap and normally I would have given up on a show like this. But I'm still watching. The ending will probably suck and then I'll be left wondering why I wasted so many hours of my life.

I think it was because of the serious lack of decent anime lately. With nothing all that good to watch (besides perhaps Gundam 00) I kept hoping Dragonaut would get better. Alas, it never did. Thank god spring season seems decent.
Old 2008-03-20, 10:37   Link #2002
Casshern

This series doesn't deserve 100+ pages of commenting. Yet here I am, giving Dragonauts my +1 comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
One of my male friends said that this show is one of the best.But this is a GONZO show, and i want to be cautious.Anything good about this show? I asked him about the extra points of this show,but he just said it has something to do with a word that start with "B".I read a lot of negative comments about this show,but for some reason he really tried hard to convince me to watch this show.i was curious about that.

So is this show worth watching?
The "B" probably stands for bull****. Your "friend" may be refering to the fact that the plot revolves around bull****. However, I don't fully understand your comment about Gonzo. Gonzo has made Saikano and Vandread, two series that many people love and are generally considered great successes; not to mention Rosario + Vampire which I'm currently watching and I think it's great. And while Gonzo has also made crap like Dragonauts, I never considered the studio as having such a bad reputation.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 10:42   Link #2003
zalem

B? For what? Boobs? lol. I suppose if you are in it solely for that then this series might be for you. There certainly a lot of that. But if you care about plot and stuff, stay away from this series. You'll regret it greatly otherwise. So much wasted time...
Old 2008-03-20, 10:48   Link #2004
Rembr

I'd like to think that they purposely made it "so bad it's funny." Gonzo's been around a while, maybe they've figured these things out.

But then again, it's a lot funnier if they're being serious.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 10:51   Link #2005
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
god the more i look at this thread the more i think i really need to find the time to watch this show
i am a gluton for punishement when it comes to crappy anime / movie / books.
Old 2008-03-20, 16:43   Link #2006
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Every now and then I see someone post in a thread to ask if the show is good. It's pretty much impossible to get an answer other than yes. After all, the majority of the people reading that thread should be fans. Of course they like the show.

This is the first time I have ever seen a largely negative response to that question.

This show is like a traffic accident. We're staring in horror unable to turn away. We know its gruesome and unpleasant, but the fascination keeps us turning our heads as we slowly drive past. One day, the only time we'll think of Dragonaut is when people are naming worst anime that they've seen or as the show with the outrageous breast physics. Then we'll just shake our heads with horror at actually sitting through all 25 episodes.

First time I've ever seen a visitor to the thread told that the show is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
god the more i look at this thread the more i think i really need to find the time to watch this show
i am a gluton for punishement when it comes to crappy anime / movie / books.
If you like bad anime, then this is the show for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:46   Link #2007
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
I'd like to think that they purposely made it "so bad it's funny." Gonzo's been around a while, maybe they've figured these things out.
You know they mean business when they have Gio saying "Toa's life will end soon" around 5 times in just one episode.

This show was lol bad while Kazuki was evil, now it's just bad.
Old 2008-03-20, 21:48   Link #2008
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
If you guys don't like it, Don't Watch!! Or you'll get a heart attack or mentally unstable just like i did.

Anyway, I-Z just released an episode 24. Only one more to go.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 22:14   Link #2009
Shobu

Considering the number of posts and views on this thread, it's more of a genocide than a traffic accident/train wreck at this point. Good thing I love them genocides...
Shobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 01:05   Link #2010
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Oh wow. I just can't get enough of a good anime genocide. I'm gonna go and suffer through episode 24 now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-21, 01:33   Link #2011
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I just loved Kazuki's dialogue in this episode. Note that I'm using the word "love" in the sense that means I really wanted to bang my head against a wall. Repeatedly.
Kazuki: Jin, I'm the one who wasn't being considerate of you.

Kazuki: It's not over yet! There's still Jin! I'm sure he'll make Gio understand! I know Jin can do it! He can do what we can't!
I'm seriously going to puke.

Kazuki: But if we give up, then it's over.
Another exciting revelation is that people die when you kill them.

Kazuki: I don't want to regret anything anymore. That's why I'll do what I can with everything I've got.
Oh jeez, did he swallow a whole book of cliches?

Old 2008-03-21, 05:41   Link #2012
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I just loved Kazuki's dialogue in this episode. Note that I'm using the word "love" in the sense that means I really wanted to bang my head against a wall. Repeatedly.

Kazuki: It's not over yet! There's still Jin! I'm sure he'll make Gio understand! I know Jin can do it! He can do what we can't!

Kazuki: I don't want to regret anything anymore. That's why I'll do what I can with everything I've got.
Complete agreement.

He should have stayed a villain and died, instead of staying around and blabber like that.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 05:47   Link #2013
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
so this show is really that BAD? lol, I'm glad I didn't start watching it now that I've gone through this thread, its one thing when one person say its bad, but its another when a slew of people say its bad XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 06:56   Link #2014
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so this show is really that BAD? lol, I'm glad I didn't start watching it now that I've gone through this thread, its one thing when one person say its bad, but its another when a slew of people say its bad XD
Yea were not exaggerating either HayashiTakara its pretty bad and after reading your post in multiple threads and see what kind of series you like and how your thought process works i can guarantee you will hate this series but the train wreck factor might suck you in like it did most of us, so bad yet we can stop watching till the end. But there is a bright side there is an END
Old 2008-03-21, 07:15   Link #2015
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
WOW! Talked About a DEBATE HERE!!

Big boobs and the most hated character ever, Kazuki Tachibana. That's all i have to say.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 07:40   Link #2016
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
WOW! Talked About a DEBATE HERE!!

Big boobs and the most hated character ever, Kazuki Tachibana. That's all i have to say.
As much as i hate Kazuki there are many other characters that are either as hated or pretty damn close. Two recent ones off the top of my head that i couldnt stand

1.Shin (Gundam Seed Destiny)
2.I wont his name lets just say "Nice boat"
Old 2008-03-21, 08:52   Link #2017
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

If you thought you were going to puke NSW, imagine how I feel! =|
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 09:04   Link #2018
LKK

I fell away from watching Dragonaut some time around the Mars hot spring episode. Mostly because other better anime were taking up my viewing time than from any overwhelming dislike of the show. I've faithfully collected each episode though. (Thank you, Shouta and the I-Z team, for continuing the series to the end.) I don't know if I'll ever start up again and finish the series. Although I haven't watched in a long while, I've still lurked here because it's been fun watching you guys go through so much pain and agony week after week. I'm sadistic like that.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 09:10   Link #2019
Rembr

I don't know how ya'll managed to watch this without Nicovideo comments.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 10:34   Link #2020
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

Oh hahaha...

Even without wasting my time on the subs I could have guessed...

I am still wondering why he isn't dead yet. God hopes they won't be setting him up for some tragic death will protecting Jin with everything he...nawwww.

Actually he did swallow the book of 1001 classic cliches. But for a guy to say those kind of stuff to another guy...

(Come on...if he wanted to protect Jin then he wouldn't have wanted to sink him into a bottomless pit ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
If you thought you were going to puke NSW, imagine how I feel! =|
I did puke =.=

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi