AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-23, 12:48   Link #2041
Guido

Wrath

-A Fading Tomorrow-

Minna, I did it!

At last, after taking me week after week of patience and downloading, I have finally caught up with all of you guys.

Yatta!

Train wreck, Alert! From the looks of the preview they'll plan to end this show in a big crash.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:09   Link #2042
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Sorry guys, am i interupt, i just watched episode 24 subbed.

Guys, What's gonna happen after that in the final episode? i will say that it will be suck a** to me. I think someone should make a blog about this show is a trainwreck.

HERE IT COMES GUYS, FINAL EPISODE IS COMING!!! *what am i been thinkin these days? i felt bad.*
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:55   Link #2043
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
its official.

this series will be loved for all, because it is so bad.....you'll love it.

D:
Old 2008-03-23, 22:52   Link #2044
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
its official.

this series will be loved for all, because it is so bad.....you'll love it.

D:
lol i loved it so much that i decided to jump from ep4 straight to ep13 and watch right up the the current ep. given i did follow the other eps thru ep summaries in blogs.
Old 2008-03-23, 23:59   Link #2045
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
*Tries to pull the pitchfork out of the wall* Oh hey Sinestra how's it going ? Damn thing won't come out....Oh hell I'll just go get another pitchfork. Yes this series has pushed me so far I need another pitchfork. Forget the torches, I'll just charge in dual-wielding them!

I'll give Liner credit for trying to argue. Though really it didn't go well at all. Since I can't really blame Thanatos for wanting to destroy humanity after the stupidity we've had to go through.

Frankly I think Thanatos is an idiot as well. Frankly let's have it and the earth destroy each other. First you want to destroy humans because they contaminated the dragon eggs. But because you can't understand them you want to absorb that contaminant? It's like trying to absorb the abilities of an alcoholic. All your going to do is damage yourself long term.

Oh joy Jin is going to argue the case of humanity. Well on the plus side that should guarantee Thanatos goes back on the destroy humanity road. If that actually works I'm sticking with the earth and Thanatos should just be absorbed into a black hole. Somehow keep Seiglinde safe, but that's about it.

What the heck is up with that 'dragon'!? It's a bloody giant worm thing with a big ass head. I'm sorry Liner but your an idiot, how the heck do you call that a dragon? *Gets another pitchfork stuck*

I can say this....This isn't a case of loving to hate, it's a case of just pure insanity. Honestly in the first couple episodes I thought there was hope. Akira was alive which probably helped there. But honestly....blah
Old 2008-03-24, 00:11   Link #2046
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

LOL GONZO has DONE IT again!!! they have made a show that ends completely differently from how it started Actually they have now made a show that suffers from schizophrenia almost as much as Lacus Clyne

So Akira and Machina turn EVIL and gang up with Assim, while Kazuki's LOVE for Jin wins. So it changes from a yuri show into a yaoi show
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:22   Link #2047
hello_ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
What the heck is up with that 'dragon'!? It's a bloody giant worm thing with a big ass head. I'm sorry Liner but your an idiot, how the heck do you call that a dragon? *Gets another pitchfork stuck*
I thought Thanatos looked like a giant turd.

The writers and director should just call it quits when this series ends and get jobs they can do competently.
hello_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:12   Link #2048
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
LOL GONZO has DONE IT again!!! they have made a show that ends completely differently from how it started Actually they have now made a show that suffers from schizophrenia almost as much as Lacus Clyne
Oh come on. you know what i mean. Nosanninwa, What do you think?
Old 2008-03-24, 21:30   Link #2049
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

What do I think?

I think that Dragonaut has a brilliant concept that was executed by grade schoolers. If I strip this show down to the basic concept and plot it sounds great. I could imagine doing a brilliant show around that concept. Unfortunately the show was written by monkeys who haven't a clue about characterization, plotting, pacing or even the direction of up.

For instance, in when Kazuki has his redemption it doesn't seem that he's learned anything. It merely seems that he's suddenly been replaced by a look-a-like with a totally different personality. Similarly most of the characters have their moments when they get replaced by OOC twins.

Good ideas that were just foobar which make me sad. It had me from "girls that turn into dragons." I was there! That was enough to make me keep watching for a few episodes.

The idea that each of these dragons is born from a human heart to fill in a missing piece of that person is also brilliant, but unfortunately they really didn't do anything much with that. The whole Gio-Jin-Toa relationship was also interesting, but mostly developed off-camera because the writers didn't really know how to write relationships.

Even the cheesy "love saves all" plot could have been fun if only we'd been given a taste of the love that Jin and Toa were supposed to feel. Instead Jin's feelings towards Toa seem more like she's a surrogate sister. And honestly, I never got a grip on why Toa was supposed to love Jin. Mostly Toa just seemed to be guilty over having killed Ai so she was trying to make it up to Jin. Love? I never really saw it.

Instead pretty much all we got was Toa being kidnapped and rescued... again, and again, and again. That was it! Episodes full of Jin being useless and being rescued by Gio. Episode after episode where we forget that in Toa's first appearance she was actually powerful. Just.... ug.

That's what I think.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:00   Link #2050
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i have only been able to find time to watch up to eps 12, this show is awsomely bad.
i love kazuki this guy never stops amazing me, and i though suzaku and shinn couldnt be defeated when it comes to being obnoxiously annoying. at first i though kazuki would be the usual "former friend of the hero that dies at the begining of a show to get main guy involved in the plot" but i was sourly mistaking...
even though the show hadnt reach half of it s length we already had a hotspring eps on the moon.
i loled hard at the girl falling for jin "omg you put a strap around my ankle, no one ever did that for me i m falling for you... btw when you are carrying me on your back it reminds me of my dog thank you sooooo much".

i hope the show will keeps it s promise of crappyness until the end.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:13   Link #2051
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
sigh, I'm still waiting for the next Last Exile ~.~, and gonzo failed me again...

just like the Toronto Maple Leafs, and yet people in Toronto still have hope in them, just like me who is still have a faint hope in gonzo ability to make a master piece again ~.~
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:14   Link #2052
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i have only been able to find time to watch up to eps 12, this show is awsomely bad.
i love kazuki this guy never stops amazing me, and i though suzaku and shinn couldnt be defeated when it comes to being obnoxiously annoying. at first i though kazuki would be the usual "former friend of the hero that dies at the begining of a show to get main guy involved in the plot" but i was sourly mistaking...
even though the show hadnt reach half of it s length we already had a hotspring eps on the moon.
i loled hard at the girl falling for jin "omg you put a strap around my ankle, no one ever did that for me i m falling for you... btw when you are carrying me on your back it reminds me of my dog thank you sooooo much".

oh yeah , don't worry , you won't be disappointed at all.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:29   Link #2053
Jeffry2009
Banned

*trumpet salute music plays*
Old 2008-03-25, 06:42   Link #2054
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
sigh, I'm still waiting for the next Last Exile ~.~, and gonzo failed me again...

just like the Toronto Maple Leafs, and yet people in Toronto still have hope in them, just like me who is still have a faint hope in gonzo ability to make a master piece again ~.~
People live to dream. Either that or they live to be disappointed I'm honestly not sure. But yeah don't remind me about the Leafs. Those jerks who only start winning when its completely pointless.

But yeah if one is hoping for a bad show until the end, Dragonaut won't disappoint.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:04   Link #2055
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Unfortunately it got even crappier.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:28   Link #2056
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Unfortunately it got even crappier.
I have to agree with you whole-heartedly. I finally caved in and deleted all of the episodes up to current. It was too bad to keep on my hard drive as I was afraid it would start infecting my collection.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:35   Link #2057
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I have to agree with you whole-heartedly. I finally caved in and deleted all of the episodes up to current. It was too bad to keep on my hard drive as I was afraid it would start infecting my collection.
lol, beleive it or not im holding onto the 10 or so eps to save onto a dvd as a salute to the "epicness" of the series. cant wait until its finished so i can safely toss it ont a dvd and forget about the whole series.
Old 2008-03-26, 11:46   Link #2058
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post

Well, they're also currently doing Rosario + Vampire which isn't half bad, though far from being a masterpiece. You could say it's a masterpiece compared to Dragonauts.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 11:52   Link #2059
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_ct View Post
I thought Thanatos looked like a giant turd.

I was think it looked more like a giant tape worm and earth is its next meal man that heartburn is going to suck humans natural stupidity is not so easily digested.

NoSanninWa said exactly what i did a few pages back the concept of Dragonaut was cool and very interesting it was just implemented by alcoholic retard with an attention span of a paper cup. I can deal with just about anything as long as its implimented well Dragonaut just............ "face palms" my head hurts i gotta go.
Old 2008-03-26, 12:24   Link #2060
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Well, they're also currently doing Rosario + Vampire which isn't half bad, though far from being a masterpiece. You could say it's a masterpiece compared to Dragonauts.
Not sure about that .
At first I was angry with R+V for badly adapting the manga
now I am angry at it for completely diverging the plot . I mean , ok this is an adaptation , I don't expect them to religiously follow the original manga, but at least they could had the decency to keep the characters true to their original counterpart >_> .
So because of that , I choose Dragonaut withouth hesitation .
I'll even give it credit for being...erm...original
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi