AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-07, 16:01   Link #201
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well my bet is that she was the one who saved Jin's sad ass...remember the flash of light just before he lost consciousness?
I agree she saved him, but only after she or one of the other 2 caused the explosion. Which is of course assuming she is one of those balls of light we saw, which im betting she is.

At the minute Jin dosent have any sympathy, if anything i want to smak him one. Failure there for them not going into what happened after the explosion better. Why do his inlaws hate him? Why was iot classed as pilot error (since to me it was clear something hit the damned ship, we even see it carrying on)

Hopefully they'll pull a HA and fix that error as the series progresses, cause right now he looks just like the bog standard 'world hates me, i wanna die, pain in the arse teen'.
Old 2007-10-07, 16:33   Link #202
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The relatives probably weren't on good terms with his family or are having issues with him being in the limelight. I assume they classified it as pilot error because either they didn't see the things striking the shuttle or it was failure to see and avoid it.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 17:00   Link #203
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
The relatives probably weren't on good terms with his family or are having issues with him being in the limelight. I assume they classified it as pilot error because either they didn't see the things striking the shuttle or it was failure to see and avoid it.
Or they don't want the people to find out what really happened. Never know how hard people are willing to go for a secret nevr to see the the light of day.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:03   Link #204
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
That's more like it! By the way, anyone notice the fact that there are arrows on her shirt pointing towards "those" areas.
Reminds me of Yuki's normal suit in Yamato.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 17:10   Link #205
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Or they don't want the people to find out what really happened. Never know how hard people are willing to go for a secret nevr to see the the light of day.
That 'airport' looks like a perfectly normal 'civil' one, meaning a lot of people saw the accident. (Those meteors were hard not to notice ... and i am still trying to figure out why no sensors picked them up), so i would say that military conspiracy is not exactly likely in this case
Old 2007-10-07, 19:55   Link #206
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That 'airport' looks like a perfectly normal 'civil' one, meaning a lot of people saw the accident. (Those meteors were hard not to notice ... and i am still trying to figure out why no sensors picked them up), so i would say that military conspiracy is not exactly likely in this case
Um Skyfall has a point I was WTF how did no one else see the GIANT BALLZ OF FIRE and umm dont airports have tracking systems. They were obviously tracking the shuttle as it lifted off how in the hell could every globule radar station not to mention the one at the airport not see these huge things falling towards earth oh well.

Due to the fact that im still not sure what the hell is going on I will refrain from bashing Dragonaut too much after all it was only the first episode. What can i say hummm I like the name Dragonaut it sounds cool and Toa was pretty cute i just hope she doesnt turn out to be the reincarnated sister or something that would be too cheesy. But the bracelet is making me wonder exactly who she is. Also, I dont understand how the whole town could treat this kid so crudely, I get that everyone blames his father but it seems like things are even worse with rumors and not being on good terms with distant relatives.

Im pretty interested in what the show is really about so ill keep watching for now. Opening episode id have to a 6 out of 10
Old 2007-10-08, 13:01   Link #207
kauldron26
Med Student

screw that gross lolicon crap. i love boobies! and its even better when theres action. in regards to witchblade, i implore everyone to not dismiss the anime. half way through the anime makes a complete 180. if anything the first half was trying to appeal to the action fans and the original comic has way more fanservice. but my point is that witchblade gets very very good. and the character development and resolutions are phenomenal. it also has one of the best endings ever. the fanservice is just a ploy to attract viewers. believe me, its more than that.

i liked the first ep of dragonaut quite a bit. im looking forward to some original action sequences.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:32   Link #208
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Wonder how Toa can be Jin's Dragon (obviously, she'll be...) if it's needed to be in "Resonance" with that egg thing to create one...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 16:06   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I give it 10 to 15 episodes, before we find out Toa had something to do with the plane crash.

Or something around those lines.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:51   Link #210
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I give it 10 to 15 episodes, before we find out Toa had something to do with the plane crash.

Or something around those lines.
And then we'll have the usual Jin rejecting her for a bit, before deciding he loves her to much >.< the usual stuff lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Wonder how Toa can be Jin's Dragon (obviously, she'll be...) if it's needed to be in "Resonance" with that egg thing to create one...
Im guessing that Toa and the other two are somehow unique, and have taken on human form. So given that they've already touched a few times (both time her carrying him, and the and holding at the end of ep 1) I'd say they're already in harmony together.

The other thought i had was when they showed that huge tube full of green fluid. A large dragon in there wich Toa is a part of, she's kind of like the computer component. Sort of like what happened in Giniro no Olynsis, or more recently Gigantic Formular, or the Tenchi series. (remember the little green rabit thing, Ryo-Ohki who was the core of Ryoko's ship, and Fuku-chan who was the core of Seina's)

The eggs could be lesser dragons artifiically created from the military/government trying to figure out the technology
Old 2007-10-08, 17:29   Link #211
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
And then we'll have the usual Jin rejecting her for a bit, before deciding he loves her to much >.< the usual stuff lol

Im guessing that Toa and the other two are somehow unique, and have taken on human form. So given that they've already touched a few times (both time her carrying him, and the and holding at the end of ep 1) I'd say they're already in harmony together.

The other thought i had was when they showed that huge tube full of green fluid. A large dragon in there wich Toa is a part of, she's kind of like the computer component. Sort of like what happened in Giniro no Olynsis, or more recently Gigantic Formular, or the Tenchi series. (remember the little green rabit thing, Ryo-Ohki who was the core of Ryoko's ship, and Fuku-chan who was the core of Seina's)

The eggs could be lesser dragons artifiically created from the military/government trying to figure out the technology
You're surely right about the artificially created ones.
Or Toa being part of the three other.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-08, 18:58   Link #212
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Nah, because jin has the bracelet after the incident. I'm guessing he gives it to her at some point, as a way of both letting go of the past and accepting his future (whatever it will be lol).
Old 2007-10-08, 19:05   Link #213
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Nah, because jin has the bracelet after the incident. I'm guessing he gives it to her at some point, as a way of both letting go of the past and accepting his future (whatever it will be lol).
I thought he only has a half of it.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:53   Link #214
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

hmmm not sure, just watched it again, and to me it looks the same. It's baddly drawn at that point so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

Watching it again i noticed a few other bits:

I can see now why it was considered pilot error. The alarm went off and the next second the ship exploded, so im guessing the 3 ojects were only briefly visible to radar. From the view of onlookers it looked like the ship exploded in midair. While one of the objects was briefly visible, it could of easily been passed off as a bit of the exploding ship. So with that in mind it would be fairly easy for the government/military to hide the events by saying it was pilot error. Since there's no conflicting evidence.

Also, going on the op, looks like the once friends Jin and Kazuki are going to become enemies, the whole bit in the op where they have glaring faces, backs turned to each other, and ghostly younger selves playing between them hints to that.

If thats the case they need to do a proper explanation of why the once best of buds would suddenly hate each other. If it turns out Kazuki was in love with the sister and blames Jin for surviving, i'll probably give up the series. You can only have to many cliche's before it becomes tiresome >.<
Old 2007-10-08, 20:07   Link #215
UPR

Quote:

If thats the case they need to do a proper explanation of why the once best of buds would suddenly hate each other. If it turns out Kazuki was in love with the sister and blames Jin for surviving, i'll probably give up the series. You can only have to many cliche's before it becomes tiresome >.<
well before the accident Jin was all happy. After he was all emo and stuff. Jin maybe just went all crazy and did other things, and they lost touch. But that's just a guess on my part.
Old 2007-10-08, 23:34   Link #216
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

probably, but if its not show, even briefly, it kinda spoils the show. Also to go from being best bud to hating is a huge leap. Some serious stuff must of happened for that to happen
Old 2007-10-08, 23:38   Link #217
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Also, going on the op, looks like the once friends Jin and Kazuki are going to become enemies, the whole bit in the op where they have glaring faces, backs turned to each other, and ghostly younger selves playing between them hints to that.

Code Geass, maybe?...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 23:55   Link #218
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
hmmm not sure, just watched it again, and to me it looks the same. It's baddly drawn at that point so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.
He only has half. The OP shows the current condition of the bracelet while the prologue sequence shows the full bracelet. You can tell because of the inscription. The full bracelet reads "From Jin to Ai" while the half just reads "From Jin"

Last edited by Shouta; 2007-10-09 at 00:30.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:24   Link #219
kauldron26
Med Student

so i have been reading blogs how can people continue to bitch about boobs meanwhile there are loli anime everywhere. girls that look 11 but are drawn in suggestive poses…. imagine if the cops came to ur house and saw suggestive images of shana/zerono tsukaima or any other loli character i guarantee all ur media will be confiscated, u’d be brought in for questioning and might do some time in the slammer. yet people are complaining about hot chicks in anime. am i in a wrong frame of mind or what?? i dont get it at all. how can guys complain about hot chicks in anime yet go apeshit for a girl who looks 11, with red hair and red eyes,?? wtf is going on?? ive only been a fan of anime for about 2 yrs now, and this issue has always disturbed me. what am i not getting?
im not trying to rant, im seriously confused, are guys really complaining about boobs??? really?? yet 99% dl hentai and ecchi, but still are complaining about boobs??

just my $0.02
Old 2007-10-09, 02:53   Link #220
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Aside from your post being over-reacting (taken in to questioning ), i think it can be answered very easily. People have different tastes. Simple as that, and that really is all the explanation there needs to be. You complain about people not liking 'hot chicks', but you don't take in to account that whatever constitutes 'hot' for you might be a turnoff for someone else.

Now, i can very well appreciate a well-endowed appearance as anything else, but there is a fine line not to be crossed, when it simply becomes 'ugly' in my opinion. And this show has managed to cross the line with regards to several characters. Other people might like it though (you for example). Preference and taste. There are no rights or wrongs when it comes to it, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi