AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 05:42   Link #101
changeup

I don't see anything wrong with that
"it's lonely, to be alone"

"alone" means separated or isolated from others. It is about a state, without any reference to the emotion of the subject. People can surely be alone but not lonely.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 09:46   Link #102
zalem

Just watched the first episode....it was ok. But it's nothing special. Average I guess. I'll keep watching though in hopes that it will improve.
Old 2007-10-04, 10:49   Link #103
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
Did Aya said this by herself? Or this is just your imagination?
It's what I took from posts in her blog. I read her blog most days and I don't remember her mentioning LS hardly at all until it was about half done, and she never said anything about her role. Since I thought she was outstanding in LS, that surprised me. But she already posted yesterday how good she felt about her role in this show. My impression will only be confirmed if she keeps posting about Dragonaut the way she did about Sumomomo and Manabi Straight, both of which she posted more about than about LS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_sama
I think she's probably just glad she finally gets to escape being typecast again. I actually had her pegged as doing the goth loli to be perfectly honest, didn't think she'd turn out to be the Pam Anderson character. Now I guess that leaves Nana Mizuki as the cocky looking goth loli (Jaqueline if my Katakana is correct). I have a feeling I'll be liking this character and hope she plays a big role.
Right on all counts, I believe. In a recent interview, when asked what kind of character she would like to play, Aya said "a cool guy."

I really liked Nana's two words in this episode, although I didn't take to her work in the new show Mokke.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-04 at 12:03.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:45   Link #104
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
This series looks good to me
Alot of characters appeared in the 1st episode
I really like the OP to this series, its got a nice soothing-jazzy feel to it
Old 2007-10-04, 21:36   Link #105
masama
use the fōrks ~

I think one word sums up this series
Spoiler:
ok that was two.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:09   Link #106
Sakuya
*Artist

The first episode has just been subbed by Infinite-Zero. That was fast. But no other group is listed as subbing this and I-Z releases in MP4.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 00:13   Link #107
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I would hope it would be fast, I was up until 4:30am! Oh and stupid dragon names. At least they used Lindwurm in the show.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 02:06   Link #108
chupacabra

The quality isn't bad, but i can't really say is the better, anyway thanks for subbing I-Z
Old 2007-10-05, 04:49   Link #109
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
it looks interesting ! i'm downloading the first episode now and i've read some reviews .. everyone says this anime is prmsing
Old 2007-10-05, 04:53   Link #110
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I'm pretty indifferent about it, you can't really judge it by the first episode so I'll just wait and see where its heading.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 05:00   Link #111
Shadow X
Stargazing

I am going to watch this anime and see how it goes.

Dling ep 1 currently.
Old 2007-10-05, 05:23   Link #112
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

That's probably the only anime i'll watch. The fresh ones that have just began don't suit me at all.

I found this one okay.
Let's see how it goes...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:41   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching the first episode (the sub) and i still say this is one of the best shows at the moment of the new season --- sure its crazy saying that only after the first episode, though just from that i can see great things to come. Plenty of hinting within the episode, and the OP.

Love the (huge) voice cast in this one --- I didn't think Sos-Dan at all while watching the first episode. Tomokazu Sugita's performance was more like Soldier Blue from Toward the Terra, and Ono Daisuke has that wonderful voice that can fit any role (which i've seen over the past year), perfect for the role of Jin, especially in his first episode state. Not hearing much out of everyone just yet, though i can tell that they're perfect for each role.

I see great things to come.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the fast release Shouta.
Old 2007-10-05, 06:48   Link #114
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I heard That Chise nakamura (you Know, Natsuki aka Boukenyellow In GOU GOU SENTAI BOUKENGER) is in it.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:48   Link #115
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
The standard anime watcher isn't the best judgment of animation, you know. There was no sense of movement in Last Exile at all, outside of the first episode, Luciola's duel at the end and the captain's captivity at the queen's chamber before the end. Range Murata's designs were undoubtedly good and the original scenery concepts are really inspired but everything fails in execution, not only at movement but at basic drawing style. I am not asking for extreme consistency just for the characters to don't look like they came out of a generic low-budget shounen-series most of the time, just go and watch the majority of the middle episodes and you'll understand what I'm saying.
While im not going to take sides, i found this interesting and wanted to add my views to it

I'm a huge Last Exile fan, its probably one of my favorite anime of all time, so i admit im biased. However i found this point rather funny:

Quote:
The standard anime watcher isn't the best judgment of animation, you know
Who is better to pass judgement on wheather a series is good, bad, excellent or abysmal that the comon average garden fan. Sure if your a professional yu can sit and pick it apart saying this and that a re bad. I've a mate who does that with websites. However whether its good or bad for professionals isnt relevant, its what the fans think of it that count. I loved Last Exile, i didnt find anything wrong with any of the art work, infact i found it amazing most of the time and stunning at other times.

I don't really care which company makes which anime, ive never cared. For me the most important thing about my anime (and manga for that matter) is that i enjoy it. So long as i enjoy it i dont really care, if i dont enjoy it i wont watch it. Simple as that

On episode 1, i didnt think much of some of the character designs, they looked a little off. But other than that i enjoyed it. The action and story made up for the few (okay 4) character designs that looked weird to me

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2007-10-05 at 08:19.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 08:15   Link #116
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Concept was okay in my opinion... reminds me of Polyphonica's "one the power source, the other the fighter" concept. Other than that 'tis plain enough to keep on watching. I ignore discussions on quality since I don't have any clear idea... of anything.... stupid Latin...
Old 2007-10-05, 09:17   Link #117
mdauben

I just watched the first episode and I admit I am intrigued. A number of mysterious charactes and events already in ep 1 reminds me of a number of other series that I enjoyed. I have to kind of wonder what direction they are going to go in, based on the character's we have seen already. Still, I'll be watching at least the next few episodes.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:16   Link #118
UPR

Man I realy hope this has a good happy ending. Because the series that just finished, almost all of them had sad and/or open endings. I need the fall series' to pick me up.
Old 2007-10-05, 11:02   Link #119
Teletha

I thought it was good, nothing amazing but I enjoyed it. The first half was a bit slow for me and they didn't handle Jin's loss very well or make me feel anything for him until the scene on the bus. I thought that was well done. I didn't like Toa's voice. I wasn't expecting it to sound like that, but I'll give it a chance. I wonder what Jin and Toa's relationship will be from now on since it seemed forced. Instead of asking questions he just goes and holds her hand and think he's not alone? I think it's going to take at least a couple of episodes to even figure out what is going on... and to get to know all the characters introduced, so I'm watching it.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:08   Link #120
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

It depends on how many episodes it has. if its a 12/13 series then they'll speed things up and cut out elements, which kind of sucks. ANN has 10 episodes listed, but no info on how many it actually is.

Hopefully is a full 14/26 episode in which case they should go into the relationships a bit more.

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi