AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 23:49   Link #321
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It is funny how when they are really little it is okay and really cute for children to have a "relationship", but as soon as they hit 12 to (what ever age a parent is able to let go), then it is OMG they are going to do the nasty and make babies!!!!!
Well nowadays that is usually what happens. Those cute little relationships are frowned on now too depending on the families. You can't expect maturity in the teen age group. It's all about the hormones. Taking responsibility for the aftermath just doesn't exist by and large from what I've seen.

To me the dad seems to be an alcoholic.
Old 2008-01-25, 23:58   Link #322
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well nowadays that is usually what happens. Those cute little relationships are frowned on now too depending on the families. You can't expect maturity in the teen age group. It's all about the hormones. Taking responsibility for the aftermath just doesn't exist by and large from what I've seen.
I've lived for 2 years on a council estate during my uni years and I got to know most of the estate really well thanks to grey_moon's drunken BBQs. I noticed that the parents who used try to force their children to stay away from any type of relationship normally were the ones who ended up in trouble. Their kids were also the ones who end up sitting in big gangs drinking and smoking and these were ~ 12 - 16 years old and pretty scary as well.

The popular phrase at the time was "I made the same mistake that you are making now and look where I am now"

Which translates to me as the child is their mistake, and I'm pretty sure the kid thinks that too.
Old 2008-01-26, 00:09   Link #323
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Huh?It is only a 4 year difference.Most of my relatives are years apart.I have an aunt who is older than her husband by 8 years. Is it uncommon in Japan to have more than 2 years of difference?
There is quite a big difference in maturity level between a real 10 year old and a 14 year old and two consenting adults who are 4 years apart. That is the difference.

As I said I am not judging the cartoon for this because well it is just a cartoon and Miyako and Tarou do seem to be at the same level. But in real life I don't think I would want my 10 year old daughter dating a 14 year old because they are at very different levels of development.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 00:33   Link #324
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
There is quite a big difference in maturity level between a real 10 year old and a 14 year old and two consenting adults who are 4 years apart. That is the difference.

As I said I am not judging the cartoon for this because well it is just a cartoon and Miyako and Tarou do seem to be at the same level. But in real life I don't think I would want my 10 year old daughter dating a 14 year old because they are at very different levels of development.
Does dating = forming an emotional attachment with someone, or does it mean doing the nasty? The problem with our society nowadays is it is just like how the Simpsons joke about, children are brought up by TV and TV is sex sex sex.
Old 2008-01-26, 09:15   Link #325
Tworble

AGAIN. I didn't see any proof that she was ten years old when I went back a few pages, just conjecture. If she is in the last year of elementary school she would be 12. (In Japan they start at 6 and they are there six years)

You know what would be REALLY creepy; if she were 11.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:52   Link #326
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Who would have thought GH would be a 'shipper series...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 13:03   Link #327
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Whoa! Lotsa serious talk regarding the kids' ages xD

As for me, I like Tarou and Miyako as a couple but I'd prefer them to go dating and stuff when they get older. So yes, I'm wishing for a "few years later" kind of thing in ghost hound xD

Me and my shipper wishes ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacioussky View Post
Sapphire, if it isnt too much of a bother, could you point me in the right direction, please? Where can I find the manga, raw or otherwise?
I got them from a ghost hound lj community ^^; link is http://community.livejournal.com/ghost_hound I think. Manga's somewhere there. I don't remember if it was members only though ^^;

And oh, they're RAW ^^; no groups scanlating it fom what I know of
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 14:21   Link #328
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Help, my anime thread has been hijacked.

*sigh* The number of teenage births is very low in most developed countries, especially in Japan. "Dating" among teenagers is not frowned upon in most developed countries AFAIK (I don't know about real Japan - but it seems to be OK in the drawn one.) and (and because) "dating" (especially at that age) is first of all understood as two people declaring each other to be the special person and spending time with each other and nothing more.

[sarcasm]I also don't see Tarou and Miyako planning a sex marathon just yet. Maybe by ep. 20?[/sarcasm]
Old 2008-01-26, 14:38   Link #329
orion

Okay, I pulled out my Jan 2008 issue of Newtype USA. On pages 56-57....

Miyako is in the 5th grade, Tarou and the other males are in the 8th grade, however Katsuji Morishita (producer) said that the boys are "roughly 14 yo".

Those who have scanner capabilities can scan it in.

Teen pregnancy rates may be low compared to whatever but the states that have them in R1 consider it a problem still. No one wants to pay the bills associated with a teen pregnancy and have a less productive member of society in R1 because of it.

Dating in R1 has different connotations but sex is eventually part of the picture nowadays. If you feel differently about it, no sweat.
Old 2008-01-26, 14:48   Link #330
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Point is, they aren't in R1-land, they're not dating by any meaning of the word, teenage pregnacy is not "what usually happens", and I would find a "relationship" (wow, big word!) between them cute, if anything. Oh, and the anime is about anything but that.
Old 2008-01-26, 14:55   Link #331
grey_moon

I wonder if Miyako could act as a medium for them when they are undergoing OBE?
Old 2008-01-26, 15:01   Link #332
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Point is, they aren't in R1-land, they're not dating by any meaning of the word, teenage pregnacy is not "what usually happens", and I would find a "relationship" (wow, big word!) between them cute, if anything. Oh, and the anime is about anything but that.

Ah, but this is a title that will come over to R1. So a "relationship" at that age would not be viewed as "cute" imo. In a "few" years, they would make a nice couple imo.

Yes, they are not dating now but that does look like the beginnings of "something". If Miyako was 14 yo, then they prob woud be. Then we could have a "no way would I let my 14 yo date" discussion.
Old 2008-01-26, 23:59   Link #333
Tworble

So Miyako might be !!? That is significantly eerie when you think about what happened eleven years ago.

I really have a feeling there is going to be more to do with Kumada and Japan Biotech. I don't think they have written in all the scientific talk about the brain and showing rats with electrodes coming out of their head for no reason..

Reminds me about the news that came and went a number of years ago about the remote controlled rats they could get to do what they wanted by stimulating certain parts of the brain.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 05:14   Link #334
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Ah, but this is a title that will come over to R1. So a "relationship" at that age would not be viewed as "cute" imo. In a "few" years, they would make a nice couple imo.
Well, then the license holders in R1 will do what they do best. Miyako will become a 14yo who was held back for 4 years due to "issues at home". If they can put a loli through college, they can turn Miyako into an "acceptable datin' age".

Sometimes I think the world is a confusing and scary place. It's ok for an small child to watch a rated R movie where people get their faces blown off, but it's not ok to see a small crush blossom between a middle schooler and an elementary schooler? Oh how I yearn for the simpler days when we were just sitting around a cave fire and using animal rib cages to groom our feral locks.

I think Miyako and Tarou would make a really cute couple. I haven't seen the latest episode in question, but it's kind of hard for me to imagine Miyako opening up.
I wouldn't call her cold per se. I would however, call her indifferent -- to most things at least.
Old 2008-01-28, 02:42   Link #335
Algent
IDTI, IDTI.

Thx for the blogs link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, to me, you got some pretty words.
Bon si mÍme un parisien me comprend je suppose que c'est bon .

About TarouxMiyako relationship I can't understand why there is so many bad reaction. Love between "kids" doesn't mean sex and I don't think this will happen in the show.Leave my cute couple alone
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 02:42   Link #336
Hedd
Random Object

Right.....so........how bout that next episode....yeah. Cmon 12 *cough*
Old 2008-01-31, 06:45   Link #337
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
There is a manga version for this series? I couldnt find anything on baka updates, when I tried looking for the manga counterpart.

Sapphire, if it isnt too much of a bother, could you point me in the right direction, please? Where can I find the manga, raw or otherwise?
There's nothing more frustrating then having your post ignored. I don't know if you discovered it yourself yet, but if you wait till i come home from school, I'll point you in the right direction. (Imust "refresh" something and that takes awhile).
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 17:21   Link #338
Algent
IDTI, IDTI.

I just saw ep13 but I only understood a small part of it.

Spoiler for ep 13:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 18:16   Link #339
Hedd
Random Object

Subbers are a bit on the slow side on this one eh? Or maybe I'm just a bit spoiled by the 18 hour turn around Spice and Wolf is getting
Old 2008-01-31, 20:01   Link #340
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
There is a manga version for this series? I couldnt find anything on baka updates, when I tried looking for the manga counterpart.

Spoiler for manga:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mystery, production i.g.