AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Which show will be over-subbed the most in the Spring Season?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 0 0%
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 14 24.14%
El Cazador de la Bruja 2 3.45%
Idol Master XENOGLOSSIA 3 5.17%
CLAYMORE 22 37.93%
Oh Edo! Rocket 0 0%
Romeo x Juliet 8 13.79%
Darker than BLACK-Kuro no Keiyakusha- 4 6.90%
Kami-chama Karin 0 0%
Other (please specify in thread) 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-28, 16:30   Link #21
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Regarding Lucky Star though, I talked to someone and apparently a lot of groups had the same reason for not picking it up.
O_O What reason?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 17:20   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*shrug*

I'd say Claymore. StrikerS has the potential to attract a lot of subbers as well...though this can easily not happen as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker
Clay, Striker S, and if Haruhi season 2 comes out that will likely be oversubbed as well.
Haruhi 2 isn't even announced (and with Clannad i wouldn't hold my breath for it anytime soon), so i assure you - it definitely won't be oversubbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I think we're going to have more trouble with many series being undersubbed/unsubbed.... since we're having that trouble right now in this season (even popular series lagging or unsubbed to the point I'm concerned they may get dropped when the new stuff shows up).
*nod*
There are shows whose fate i am fearing about. Though i certainly hope that won't be the case and they won't be dropped... or pace being slowed down even more

Quote:
O_O What reason?
I am very curious as well o_0
Old 2007-03-28, 17:40   Link #23
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

With three groups already interested in it, Claymore seems to be a sure winner for this poll.
Old 2007-03-28, 19:15   Link #24
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
O_O What reason?

Only guessing here, but I'd say because a.f.k. have already shown interest in it. I'm not sure about other subbers, but I almost don't see the point in subbing something if there's already a good quality group doing it. Especially when it's a.f.k. who did a phenomenal job with Haruhi and were my personal favourites for Kanon too.

But then, that's just a reason some of us have. The series could still be oversubbed - though, generally, slice of life series don't get such a good showing from fansub groups. Not sure why, though.
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 20:24   Link #25
-Breakthrough-

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and CLAYMORE have my votes for ones most likely to be oversubbed.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:01   Link #26
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax Send a message via Skype™ to Crovax
I'd expect Claymore, actually considered doing it myself for a while, but there are already plenty of more experienced eyes on it, no point in having a gazillion groups do it whilst other good series remain unsubbed.

Another candidate which seems to me like it is worthy for oversubbing is Seirei no Moribito. RxJ is also probable I guess.

I just hope groups won't compete exclusively on speed and quality within the same series but will also think of more qualitative competition in the aspect of titles picked. (More rewarding for both the subbers as well as the fans.)

Edit: I just saw that Seirei no Moribito was apparently pre-licenced, that should counter-act oversubbing.

Last edited by Crovax; 2007-03-29 at 15:01.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 20:04   Link #27
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

With 5 groups working on it, Hayate the Combat Butler seem to be in the lead so far. >_<

Only 1 group for Claymore, though
Old 2007-04-09, 22:17   Link #28
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
With 5 groups working on it, Hayate the Combat Butler seem to be in the lead so far. >_<

Yeah, it seems I totally understimated that show. It just struck me personally as mediocre, but hey... Just goes to show how hard it is to predict how things will turn out .
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:28   Link #29
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:

Heh, with the 4 Gurren-Lagann groups at second.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 00:42   Link #30
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
adding the 3 groups for both darker than black and Nagasarete Airantou....

Nagasarete Airantou unexpectedly had 3 groups....

BTW hey 7th I thought the Gurren had only 3... Pls. tell me the other one...(A-I-A, Nyoron and ADTRW are I've known so far...)
Old 2007-04-10, 01:55   Link #31
Mattguy

I'm probably wrong but I think that hayate no gotoku is already kind of getting up there.
Mattguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 10:33   Link #32
ShadowVlican

Quote:

totally.... i'm luvin that series
ShadowVlican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 12:06   Link #33
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
adding the 3 groups for both darker than black and Nagasarete Airantou....

Nagasarete Airantou unexpectedly had 3 groups....

BTW hey 7th I thought the Gurren had only 3... Pls. tell me the other one...(A-I-A, Nyoron and ADTRW are I've known so far...)
The third, since it came before AiA, is QMF.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 16:30   Link #34
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:

I'm not quite sure where you got your information from, but I've only seen two groups releasing this series so far - Eclipse and Utsukushii. Who are the other three meant to be?
Old 2007-04-10, 16:53   Link #35
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
I'm not quite sure where you got your information from, but I've only seen two groups releasing this series so far - Eclipse and Utsukushii. Who are the other three meant to be?
Unless animesuki is lying to me:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/993.html

Three groups already released 1 or more episodes, while 2 more have released promos for it. Animanda even made two versions of it.
Old 2007-04-10, 17:17   Link #36
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Unless animesuki is lying to me:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/993.html

Three groups already released 1 or more episodes, while 2 more have released promos for it. Animanda even made two versions of it.

Ah, I missed Otacon. I wouldn't count the two groups who did the promos as actually "subbing" the series though - sometimes the group doesn't carry on with the anime after releasing a promo for various reasons. For instance, last season, my group Umai released a trailer for VVV, but then didn't pick up the series because most of the group didn't actually like the first episode.

I don't know how rare it is for that to happen, but looking at the andrewlb wiki, it seems that Animanda have dropped the series (though I wouldn't call that the most reliable source in the world regarding group activities... )

In reality, Hayate only has three groups on it currently, which doesn't strike me as being all that oversubbed.
Old 2007-04-10, 17:26   Link #37
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
In reality, Hayate only has three groups on it currently, which doesn't strike me as being all that oversubbed.
In reality, 5 groups have released something regarding this title. Even if it's just a promo, it's still work on behalf of the group.

Of course, it's only for the groups to know how far they will take that initial effort.

EDIT:

Oh, and I am not trying to sound like an ass or something similar. Just trying to explain why I posted what I posted.
Old 2007-04-10, 17:42   Link #38
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Fair enough. I guess it calls into question what actually quantifies a series as "oversubbed." But I'm sure that's another debate entirely
Old 2007-04-10, 17:58   Link #39
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Fair enough. I guess it calls into question what actually quantifies a series as "oversubbed." But I'm sure that's another debate entirely
You know, I think I got a little carried away with that post. I am always saying we shouldn't try to impose our POV as facts, and I think that's what I just tried to do back there. Sorry about that.

Guess we need to wait a bit more to see how oversubbing will evolve during the season.
Old 2007-04-10, 18:46   Link #40
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Well, normally it would; however, the OP said that he was defining it as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
By over-subbed, I simply mean have the most groups sub episode 1.
Personally I think of it more in terms of groups actually subbing some bulk of the series. A lot of series get two or three groups that sub episode one but never go any farther, they don't really seem oversubbed to me, but YMMV.

But Daniel's point about waiting is good too. Sometimes groups won't even start releasing subs for several weeks. Plenty of time for lots more versions of Hayate #1 to pop up.