AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 06
Perfect 10 11 9.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 5.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 18.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 17.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 9.73%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 12.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 10.62%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-29, 21:59   Link #41
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
eh, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would have been but it was still kinda a pain this episode, oh well here we go again, we gotta SKIP another week than we get antoher special -.-
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:00   Link #42
Asianknight82
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Reading the Manga has its disadvantages... It spoils the fun in watching the anime. It's like when people compare a movie to the book its based off of. People always say the book was leagues better and fails to see the good in the movie.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:07   Link #43
kheldorin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclass View Post
almost as bad as doing all the added filler scenes which may or may not even be pertinent to the story line or not is the new bleach episodes. that kinda pisses me off that in order to not have the anime catch up to the manga we have to sit through a 5 minute recap of the last 5-10 episodes.or im sure most such as myself skip that 5 minute intro only to watch 15 minutes of anime.
Yeah, it seems as if all the anime's have some sort of delaying tactic. It's just a matter of which annoys the viewers less. I think it's a compromise of inserting fillers inside the actual episodes or inserting filler episodes in between arcs, just like what happened in the 1st series.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:33   Link #44
evil_paladin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
THE Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorinI think it's a compromise of inserting fillers inside the actual episodes or inserting filler episodes in between arcs, just like what happened in the 1st series.
Truth be told, a lot of us here would rather have a year worth of filler than fillers in between the episodes, it just kills the whole plot and mood of the story. Imagine knowing which episode is crap ("FILLERS") and ignore it completely, and those episode we can truly enjoy and keep.

I SAY burn studio pierrot! except the Bleach department...
evil_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:34   Link #45
Strike101
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
guys the anime is doing great, the problem is that a lot of ppl who watch the anime actually read the whole manga so it is not going to be as exciting as before . Also a lot of people said that the fight between Gaara and Deidara is boring, no it's not it's just that they are both not close-combat ninjas and we saw fights like that very rare. The fight is done exactly like it was in the manga. Also some episodes will be boring for you as you are saying the story line is slow.

We got to see the events which will lead to action, that's it . Sandaime's fight against Orochimaru lasted about 7 episodes, speaking for myself i saw the whole arc at once, if i hadn't seen it at once and waited every week or every 2 weeks for an episode i would have said that the storyline is so damn slow. For me it is too early to be judging Part 2 right now , we should judge it when the events catch up to where part 2 started when they were searching for sasuke.
I think the main concern here is not the fillers.. but the way they altered the manga story and worst the ultra crap animation
Strike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:51   Link #46
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
Perhaps, then the manga elitists would complain about the anime adding things to the anime that did not exist in the manga.
I don't understand how reading the manga makes anyone "elite", all you do is download a file (which you don't even have to translate yourself) and read it.

If that all it takes for you to have an inferiority complex then you're just plain emo.

All manga to anime series add their own little flavor. Honestly i loved the fillers for Saint Seiya and felt it stayed true to the manga (for the most part). The fact is that the animators for Naruto are just plain lazy, they don't even get an A for effort.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:52   Link #47
Strike101
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
http://pierrot.jp/title/naruto/staff.html
Strike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 23:48   Link #48
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_paladin View Post
Truth be told, a lot of us here would rather have a year worth of filler than fillers in between the episodes, it just kills the whole plot and mood of the story.
You are saying that now. But after a year of Part 2 Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata going to the Bubblegum Country to rescue some Princess from a bunch of ugly filler villains who Naruto will Jesus-no-Jutsu, then you might change your tune. I don't think I could take another year and a half of fillers. So I will gladly take the padding these episodes give us. I think more than anyway it's the ridiculous breaks between episodes that is wearing on people.

Anyway, I enjoyed episode 7 a lot more than 6. Good filler expands on things the manga couldn't. Episode 7 had good filler. Suna attacking Deidara with ballistas. I liked that Suna fought back in the anime and didn't look as weak. Temari leaving Konoha. I always thought it was odd that Shikamaru was suppose to be her escort, but then we never saw him near her again in the manga. The new scene made more sense and progressed that relationship more than Kishimoto could have. It was blatant couple fanservice, but at least added something to both characters. Sasori vs. Kankuro also looks like it will be good filler.

Ep. 6 really did drag. I think the problem is that Studio Pierrot saw Gaara vs. Dei as a major battle instead of the short and sweet pwnage it should have been.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 23:55   Link #49
vhx
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Coo, about 80% filler... Naruto is going downhill in the first 7 eps already, sad. Lol in the manga it took 1 cell in the manga for him to catch up to Gaara. In the anime: around 6 minutes. Lol?
__________________

Last edited by vhx; 2007-03-30 at 00:09.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:12   Link #50
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
6/10 - It wasn't as bad as it could've been. I'm just happy the source material is excellent right now...I hate to think what's going to happen when get to a bad part in the manga! :/

*sigh* Why did we suffer through 2 years of filler if the anime is going to use less than 1 chapter per episode forever? Did Studio Pierrot even have a plan?

The thing bugging me the most is it's obvious how good Shippuden would've been without all this filler crap. We don't need to see Naruto doing something meaningless every few minutes, it's getting fucking more annoying with every passing episode.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-03-30 at 00:30. Reason: typo
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:15   Link #51
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a jar
Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
guys the anime is doing great, the problem is that a lot of ppl who watch the anime actually read the whole manga so it is not going to be as exciting as before . Also a lot of people said that the fight between Gaara and Deidara is boring, no it's not it's just that they are both not close-combat ninjas and we saw fights like that very rare. The fight is done exactly like it was in the manga. Also some episodes will be boring for you as you are saying the story line is slow.
man i know lotta ppl who are too lazy to read the manga... and they said new naruto episodes are crap! theres barly any story advancement, crappy/reused fight scenes and pointless moments (fillers)

for gaara's fight, i rather have 3 mins of intense battle than 1 hour of stretched out bull dong, they can even fill the rest of the episode with filler and i would still be happy! And NO it has nothing to do with their battle style, the manga portion of the fight was damn exciting during its release!

these producer guys needs a slap in the face, and they also need to take lessons from those producers that made "Death-Note" anime. those guys are so good, the anime didn't just stay true to the manga~ it exceeds everyone's expectation.

all i can said is these anime producers are trying way too f-ing hard to milk cash with the naruto series... what is the point of stretching episodes?! they re just killing their audiences! i wonder how many ppl at japan actually enjoyed this episode.
__________________
+ + = KATON "パンダ火の玉"
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:23   Link #52
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Overal i thought it was well done. First ten minutes they did move from one scene to another really fast, but after that it got better. I was just wondering if Gaara hadnt been hit with those bombs, he would be able to continue on or not. If he was able to continue on maybe he could have defeated Diadra.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:31   Link #53
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
I couldn't wait till they show that long ass fight later ... seeing how they extended Gaara vs Deidara to ~4 episodes? ... Thats definitely gonna be hell of a bitching.

That's 1 season material, right there.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:38   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No honestly I think it would be better to have a year of fillers over this over-fillered episodes. Because I can just stop watching and miss nothing from the show while I wait for the good stuff to come back. With things as they are you have to put up with the crap to find the good.

I understand what they are attempting but it's just annoying. We put up with the insanely long filler arcs for this? It's really sad. Back when Naruto was in its prime things were great and fun. But now it's crawling along and trying to kill the fun the show had. I'm honestly wondering if I should start checking out the manga just so the enjoyment for what Naruto is doesn't fade.

But hey the music isn't bad at least . Gaara fought really hard and it sucked to watch him lose to this joker.
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:09   Link #55
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No honestly I think it would be better to have a year of fillers over this over-fillered episodes. Because I can just stop watching and miss nothing from the show while I wait for the good stuff to come back. With things as they are you have to put up with the crap to find the good.

I understand what they are attempting but it's just annoying. We put up with the insanely long filler arcs for this? It's really sad. Back when Naruto was in its prime things were great and fun. But now it's crawling along and trying to kill the fun the show had. I'm honestly wondering if I should start checking out the manga just so the enjoyment for what Naruto is doesn't fade.

But hey the music isn't bad at least . Gaara fought really hard and it sucked to watch him lose to this joker.

In my opinion just stick with the anime . Naruto just started and it has been around 1 year and half that fillers started. So i think the reason we have so many flash backs is for the people who forgot what was going on in the original series.

I think ( at least hope ) this slow paste and all of these flash backs will end at the most in the next 7 to 10 episodes and naruto as we knew it will get back on the track. Overal so far i have enjoyed the episodes and i bet it till get better too.

As for Gaara losing to Didra, after watching this episode, i realized Gaara got of easily. For one Diadra didnt prepare enough for this fight. Also Didra mentioned that it was a hard battle since he wasnt allowed to kill Gaara , so that means If he was fighting to kill Gaara, he would have won alot faster.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:25   Link #56
Mangs
So sexy it hurts
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
In my opinion just stick with the anime . Naruto just started and it has been around 1 year and half that fillers started. So i think the reason we have so many flash backs is for the people who forgot what was going on in the original series.

I think ( at least hope ) this slow paste and all of these flash backs will end at the most in the next 7 to 10 episodes and naruto as we knew it will get back on the track. Overal so far i have enjoyed the episodes and i bet it till get better too.

As for Gaara losing to Didra, after watching this episode, i realized Gaara got of easily. For one Diadra didnt prepare enough for this fight. Also Didra mentioned that it was a hard battle since he wasnt allowed to kill Gaara , so that means If he was fighting to kill Gaara, he would have won alot faster.
Agree!

The original Naruto episodes didn't get that great untill episode 10-15, don't lose hope.

I haven't seen the episode yet though, will DL it when I get home from school.
__________________
I came, I saw, I pwned
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:45   Link #57
ShikaShika
無罪
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: もう東京ではない
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
Reading the Manga has its disadvantages... It spoils the fun in watching the anime. It's like when people compare a movie to the book its based off of. People always say the book was leagues better and fails to see the good in the movie.
It has nothing to do with reading the manga. I could tell bad Naruto from good Naruto way before I started reading the manga. And what a coincidence, as I would find out, bad Naruto was almost always filler material.

It isn't just that the filler material is bad (it sometimes isn't), it's that they add it in at weird places and completely ruin the pacing. Kakashi vs Naruto & Sakura was ruined because it was made way too long for something that was only supposed to be a quick comedy moment (thus most people thought the ending was anticlimactic in the anime). Deidara vs Gaara was a very quick but cool fight in the manga, but it got it's pacing ripped right out of it before the fight even began. (Deidara flying around for half a day before the fight even beginning??!) And we don't want to see Naruto when we're watching an important fight! They killed the Naruto vs Gaara fight too, by showing Konohamaru needing to go to the bathroom... If there was ever a 'slit your wrist'-moment that was it, but I'm over it now...

FACT IS: They do not need the filler to distance themselves from the manga, that's why we had the filler seasons (or so we thought). Filler does not improve the episodes, unless they add intelligent and worthwile scenes and only where they do not harm the pacing of other more important scenes, something the anime team has completely disregarded so far.

That they teased us with the excellent scene at the beginning of Shippuuden only adds insult to injury.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:50   Link #58
kikko_s
What's in a name....?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: wherever i am
Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Shipuuden moves soooooooooooo slooooooooow. Mah Gawd... I waited two weeks for this?!?
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:58   Link #59
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
I'm going to consider seriously starting to read the manga. The only thing keeping me interested in the anime is the excellent source material, something I'd probably enjoy much more without having poorly executed filler material thrown in my face 24/7.

It's funny, the return to the real plot has made me consider reading the manga, not the 2 year filler hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
You are saying that now. But after a year of Part 2 Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata going to the Bubblegum Country to rescue some Princess from a bunch of ugly filler villains who Naruto will Jesus-no-Jutsu, then you might change your tune. I don't think I could take another year and a half of fillers. So I will gladly take the padding these episodes give us. I think more than anyway it's the ridiculous breaks between episodes that is wearing on people.
You're missing the point. We didn't need to survive 2 years of filler hell in the first place if the geniuses in charge of Naruto were planning on using 1 chapter (or less) per episode, they could've kept going. Studio Pierrot would probably have been praised had they done what they're doing now in that situation.

The Shippuden hype created by the first two episodes has made Studio Pierrot's idiocy even harder to swallow. They tease us with a fast-paced peek at one of the best moments in Naruto ever, complete with movie quality animation, only for us to find out we won't be seeing that scene for about 1.5 years at the current pace. Did they really believe animating Sasuke's reintroduction so well would excuse presenting us with an endless amount of rubbish?

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-03-30 at 03:34. Reason: 1.5>2
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 04:03   Link #60
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
@Avatar Alpha

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-03-30 at 04:17.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.