AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-04, 03:29   Link #361
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
He said you made it sound like Shana though of him as a wimp. Most likely he's over reading your post... (Sky: "Only thing i can accuse him of is not openly saying to Shana he likes her") ...or misinterpreting what you meant by wimp.

This is going nowhere fast. Yuji's not some stereotype you can stick characteristics on.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 08:04   Link #362
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Teh bigg applz
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
kudos to that...

Although he couldnt really fight much in season 1, Yuji isnt ur normal crappy male lead

hes got madd potential
__________________
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 19:26   Link #363
Same_Shark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hellhole, Louisiana
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyasian224 View Post
kudos to that...

Although he couldnt really fight much in season 1, Yuji isnt ur normal crappy male lead

hes got madd potential
Oh yeah! Shakugan no Yuji!! Yuji may definately end up being a super badass warrior one day.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 19:55   Link #364
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Oh yeah! Shakugan no Yuji!! Yuji may definately end up being a super badass warrior one day.
Couldn't he become a Flame Haze? They did say that Flame Hazes and Torches are similar.
__________________
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 20:19   Link #365
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
The popularity of a series isn't really a reliable indicator of how many groups will be subbing a series if you ask me.
From personal experience, I'm afraid that I disagree.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 09:39   Link #366
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Teh bigg applz
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Couldn't he become a Flame Haze? They did say that Flame Hazes and Torches are similar.
i was hopin he becomes like a spell caster kinda dude like concentrating his power of existence to shoot it at peopl and make explosions and stuff...

i sorta wanna let shana do all the close combat stuff
__________________
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 10:40   Link #367
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: México
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyasian224 View Post
i was hopin he becomes like a spell caster kinda dude like concentrating his power of existence to shoot it at peopl and make explosions and stuff...

i sorta wanna let shana do all the close combat stuff
so Yuuji will use long ranged atack and Shana close atack? that would be an awesome combo
__________________
"You don't have to do anything, just be by my side. If you stay with me, you'll be good for bait."

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 13:31   Link #368
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyasian224 View Post
i was hopin he becomes like a spell caster kinda dude like concentrating his power of existence to shoot it at peopl and make explosions and stuff...
One problem there. He almost died a few times just of physical exhaustion. T_T
Even if gathered all his existance, would he even have the strenght to throw it as a rock.

..technically Yuji's just a walking corpse.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 13:44   Link #369
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Couldn't he become a Flame Haze? They did say that Flame Hazes and Torches are similar.
Simliar? Are you referring to Shana said in the Episode 2 of the anime?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 13:48   Link #370
Cheezy
brrr
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
well, I'm pretty sure Yuuji will become quite a bit more powerful. At least by a little bit so he can support Shana better. Yuji somehow even could lift up Blútsauger-whatever in episode 24.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 14:02   Link #371
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Simliar? Are you referring to Shana said in the Episode 2 of the anime?
I don't think Shana meant that Flame Hazes and Torches are similar in their bodily composition or anything of the sort. If I remember correctly, she says that Torches and Flame Hazes are similar because none of them had an actual "existence" on the world. Torches are meant to dissappear, while Flame Hazes fight in the shadows without any recognition from others. For that same reason, she believes she doesn't need an actual name because her mission is the only thing that explains her existence.

And Yuji is a remarkable character. But again, going back to what I've said a couple of posts later, almost all of the male characters in the show are surprisingly mature, so I don't know if we have that impression of Yuji because he's has more airtime or not. Still, no matter how strong his character is, I can't forgive the bastard who made Shana cry. He better pay for it in full in Season II, or else...

Ehem. Continuing, I also think he'll become somewhat more powerful as the story progresses. Not only that, but we'll probably see him joining the batles at unexpected times - at least that's what I think. Let's say, if Shana is in a pinch and he does an Ultimate Kick or something. As for becoming a Flame Haze, I don't think it's impossible, but I also don't think it's something that would contribute to the flow of the story. I mean, Shana is, after all, the main fighting character, and if Yuji were to take her role away, I think it would fall completely out of place.

Quote:
well, I'm pretty sure Yuuji will become quite a bit more powerful. At least by a little bit so he can support Shana better. Yuji somehow even could lift up Blútsauger-whatever in episode 24.
The reason Yuji was able to lift the Blutsauger is because Shana taught him how to manipulate the power of existence. It seems like the weapons used by Flame Hazes, Tomogara and etc. are meant to be wielded through the manipulation of power of existence and not brute force, like Eita and Sato first thought. That also explains why Shana fights single-handedly against those robots in episode 23 (24?), since her power of existence had been drained away and Nietono no Shana was too heavy for her to fight with.
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:00   Link #372
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
almost certain not a repost... looks like improved the details for the second season (tough kazumi looks a bit weird)


interesting observartion: Margery's cup size has been decreased, while Kazumi's has been increased (not as exagerated as Shana-tan version, fortunately...)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:12   Link #373
Phoenix14
Clannad
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky, US
For some reason, I feal sorry for Kazumi.

We all know that she won't "win" in the end anyway.
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:15   Link #374
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Teh bigg applz
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
almost certain not a repost... looks like improved the details for the second season (tough kazumi looks a bit weird)


interesting observartion: Margery's cup size has been decreased, while Kazumi's has been increased (not as exagerated as Shana-tan version, fortunately...)
omg... ur rite...
__________________
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:21   Link #375
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Teh bigg applz
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
One problem there. He almost died a few times just of physical exhaustion. T_T
Even if gathered all his existance, would he even have the strenght to throw it as a rock.

..technically Yuji's just a walking corpse.
but shana was teaching him how to manipulate his power of existance... and what if...:

okay so when yuji is around shana fights a lot better rite? like she learned how to get wings and shit and yea that was hot...
is there a way for yuji to tap Shana's HUGE amount of power of existance bc thats why she could survive after unleashing the necklace dude who's name has slipped my mind... something what starts with an A like Alabastor or something

but yea... also he could be building up like endurance and crap and stuff i mean shana was trained for her entire life i think so yea...

i give up im just uselessly rambling
__________________
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:36   Link #376
Phoenix14
Clannad
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
almost certain not a repost... looks like improved the details for the second season (tough kazumi looks a bit weird)


interesting observartion: Margery's cup size has been decreased, while Kazumi's has been increased (not as exagerated as Shana-tan version, fortunately...)
So that's...from season 2?
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 08:05   Link #377
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
almost certain not a repost... looks like improved the details for the second season (tough kazumi looks a bit weird)


interesting observartion: Margery's cup size has been decreased, while Kazumi's has been increased (not as exagerated as Shana-tan version, fortunately...)

Great picture. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 08:17   Link #378
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
I don't think Shana meant that Flame Hazes and Torches are similar in their bodily composition or anything of the sort. If I remember correctly, she says that Torches and Flame Hazes are similar because none of them had an actual "existence" on the world. Torches are meant to dissappear, while Flame Hazes fight in the shadows without any recognition from others. For that same reason, she believes she doesn't need an actual name because her mission is the only thing that explains her existence.
I'll refer to volume 6 of the novels, not exactly a spoiler, but some interesting info by Khamsin about how Flame Hazes are similar to Torches, who described his past to Yoshida.

Spoiler for Khamsin's story:


So basically, when a person becomes a Flame Haze, he too "disappears" from everyone's memories, no one would remember he's ever existed, like a Torch. The only difference is that Flame Hazes stop aging and become immortal, while Torches are extinguished eventually.

Yuji is the only freak exception, so in a sense, he is like a Flame Haze, but even better, because he is able to generate his own "Powers of Existence". This is why Yuji is so coveted by Bal Masque for his "infinite potential".
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 08:46   Link #379
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
But isn't Yuuji's power reserve pretty low? I mean, sure, if you can tap him at midnight, you're gold, but otherwise, he'll be spent before you know it, right?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 08:58   Link #380
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
I don't think he can kill himself fighting. But he might not make it to midnight if he's in a weak state.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.