AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-04, 21:05   Link #341
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Well actually, bind magic was The first magic Nanoha ever used (except making BJ) against jewel, even before teh Pink-Cannon-of-Doom we know today .
No, that was Sealing magic, not Binding magic. Quite different.

I can't see why anyone would be surprised Nanoha can use new forms of magic, it has been 10 years since A's after all (and 4 years after the A's epilogue).
Since she has been a cadet and then a training instructor all that time, I'd expect her to have at least a grasp of most types of magic, not to mention mastery of her main magic types.

- Novarossi
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:10   Link #342
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
No, that was Sealing magic, not Binding magic. Quite different.

I can't see why anyone would be surprised Nanoha can use new forms of magic, it has been 10 years since A's after all (and 4 years after the A's epilogue).
Since she has been a cadet and then a training instructor all that time, I'd expect her to have at least a grasp of most types of magic, not to mention mastery of her main magic types.
she has an AAA rank at a young age younger than subaru
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:17   Link #343
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
she has an AAA rank at a young age younger than subaru
And Chrono, who was the same age as Subaru during the first two seasons, was already AAA+ ... So this is was it's like if you're not talented
Old 2007-04-04, 21:19   Link #344
mist2123
Banned

also you should expect her to be powerful because her name is in the title
Old 2007-04-04, 21:27   Link #345
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
What are the dimensions? Do you know? 720p? 1080i

What is it?

Any way, I will find out soon...Dlding....

1024*576 is the resulution im getting.

not exactly HD but better then the previous raws
Old 2007-04-04, 23:23   Link #346
aers
*Fansubber

What's the quality on it like compared to say, this one? (ignore the red box.)

aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:25   Link #347
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
What's the quality on it like compared to say, this one? (ignore the red box.)

Normal quality
Old 2007-04-04, 23:43   Link #348
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
so is the raws worth getting? or should I just wait til the subs with better quality comes out?
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:49   Link #349
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Basing the overall impression of any series on the first episode alone is very premature (if we did, we wouldn't be watching Nanoha in the first place ). They do have 26 episodes to balance out the action and character parts, twice the time they've had in the first two seasons.
That is the reason why I would look more into the series before congealing any final impressions regarding it. Vexx's quotation is also notable; they also have twice the time to screw up the series. From a 'first impression' perspective (mine, that is), they didn't do too well in the first episode.

Then again, I have Maison Ikkoku. That's a series that I could spend a lot of my time on (which I'm doing right now).
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:51   Link #350
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
so is the raws worth getting? or should I just wait til the subs with better quality comes out?
if you understand japanese your can get the HD raw if not wait for HD subs
Old 2007-04-05, 00:59   Link #351
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And Chrono, who was the same age as Subaru during the first two seasons, was already AAA+ ... So this is was it's like if you're not talented

Lol, and Fate and Hayate are saying at the beginning that these two show potential and were hand-picked by Hayate.

So normal magic students would be doing even worse at this age...

- Novarossi
Old 2007-04-05, 01:17   Link #352
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
Lol, and Fate and Hayate are saying at the beginning that these two show potential and were hand-picked by Hayate.

So normal magic students would be doing even worse at this age...
Well... given how often the nameless TSAB agents are swept aside like common bugs, I wouldn't be too surprised about that.

Let's see... we have...

(100+)SSS+
(96)SSS
(92)SSS-
(88)SS+
(84)SS ~ Hayate
(80)SS-
(76)S+ ~ Fate, Nanoha
(72)S
(68)S- ~ Signum
(64)AAA+ ~ Vita
(60)AAA
(56)AAA-
(52)AA+ ~ Shamal
(48)AA ~ Zafila
(44)AA-
(40)A+ ~ Reinforce Zwei
(36)A ~ Ginga
(32)A-
(28)B+
(24)B ~ Elio, Subaru, Teana
(20)B-
(16)C+ ~ Caro
(12)C
(08)C-
(04)D?

That's 25 levels of rankings, with Lvl-00 being someone with no affinity for magic-usage (D is just a marker level for Academy Cadets, people who can use magic, but not competently), then Subaru and Teana has just attained Lvl-20 in Ep01. Which is a respective level in most RPGs.

Nanoha at S+, is a massive 56 levels above them. No comparison. Later on, Subaru and Teana will achieve a B-ranking, making them Lvl-24, but still far, far, faaaar away from Nanoha.

Let alone Hayate, who at SS... is at a demi-goddess level of 84.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 01:25   Link #353
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... given how often the nameless TSAB agents are swept aside like common bugs, I wouldn't be too surprised about that.

Let's see... we have...

(100+)SSS+
(96)SSS
(92)SSS-
(88)SS+
(84)SS
(80)SS-
(76)S+
(72)S
(68)S-
(64)AAA+
(60)AAA
(56)AAA-
(52)AA+
(48)AA
(44)AA-
(40)A+
(36)A
(32)A-
(28)B+
(24)B
(20)B-
(16)C+
(12)C
(08)C-
(04)D?

That's 25 levels of rankings, with Lvl-00 being someone with no affinity for magic-usage (D is just a marker level for Academy Cadets, people who can use magic, but not competently), then Subaru and Teana has just attained Lvl-20 in Ep01. Which is a respective level in most RPGs.

Nanoha at S+, is a massive 56 levels above them. No comparison. Later on, Subaru and Teana will achieve a B-ranking, making them Lvl-24, but still far, far, faaaar away from Nanoha.

Let alone Hayate, who at SS... is at a demi-goddess level of 84.

Cheers.
I am curius to know were you found this ranking lader and were you found your info telling you what rank Nanoha and Hayate are at currently. I would like to go have a look for my self.
Old 2007-04-05, 01:28   Link #354
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
I am curius to know were you found this ranking lader and were you found your info telling you what rank Nanoha and Hayate are at currently. I would like to go have a look for my self.
I edited my above post a bit to show how the cast fare in terms of ranking. Rankings can be found at the official character webpage.

Click Here

I am curious to find out Chrono's ranking though... I wonder why they kept it a secret?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 01:34   Link #355
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Ok, I dig the scale, but I wonder that the distribution would be...

The majority of humans and human-likes would be 0, so that takes care of 99.99% of the population.

If we include only people with decent linker cores, how are they spread out?
If everyone who can use magic ends up going for that career, then there would be some kind of bell curve around where most people reach their potential.

If there are many ppl who don't bother to study magic, or do it part time as a hobby or whatever, then there would be the largest number of people in the D category, with less and less ppl in each higher category.

Anyway, it was said somewhere that TSAB enforcers have a minimum rank of A (does that include A-?) so we know that in adulthood, a career mage can expect to reach A rank.

I wonder how rare it is for mages to exceed that level.

EDIT: I also wonder what the level of advancement from one rank to another is.. is it linear? exponential?

- Novarossi
Old 2007-04-05, 01:35   Link #356
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Oh thx since i cant read kanji i ignored the texte and didn't nothing the romand letters in it. Thanks for pointing it to me.
Old 2007-04-05, 02:03   Link #357
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

@Skane
TWO explainations.

Either they want to surprise us during the show, or they don't intend to have him in up close combat.

@BatAttack
Quote:
EDIT: I also wonder what the level of advancement from one rank to another is.. is it linear? exponential?
Well, perhaps it works like martial arts. They'll have one test after another to see where their limits at. Then as they train, they apply for the test for the next rank.

Or in Nanoha and Fate's case, where they clearly exceed certain ranks, the TSAB wouldn't waste time going through all the newbie tests and jump right into hardcore.

@EadTaes
Still, you can make out a 'A' or 'B' or 'C'
Old 2007-04-05, 02:15   Link #358
Aaron008R

Quote:
I edited my above post a bit to show how the cast fare in terms of ranking. Rankings can be found at the official character webpage.

Click Here

I am curious to find out Chrono's ranking though... I wonder why they kept it a secret?

Cheers.
About Chrono, the way I see it is he should be around S+ to SS. It's kinda hard imagining him below Nanoha and Fate so he should be around their level or higher. I'm betting that he should be SS- or SS (tied with our broken demi-goddess, Hayate). Even SS+, why not?
Anyway, I wonder how the other Church higher ups compares with Hayate. I don't know why but by reading the manga Chrono makes it sound like Acoss is even better than Hayate! But that was four years before StrikerS. *shrug* Anyway, that's enough from me for now.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:23   Link #359
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, the issue is that Old Velka sounds broken, if we're going by how Chrono makes them out. It's bad enough that the Knights doesn't seem to even fit into the Old Velka argument, so that should make Carim, Acous and Hayate more special than any other mages in TSAB. Of course, being special doesn't neccesarily being better, since Eternal Coffin does look like it can easily one-hit-freeze-to-death any mage.

It makes me wonder about Yuuno though. He's from a tribe, and clearly doesn't possess the same level of training or haxx other characters have in retrospective, and yet he seems clearly more talented than the average norm in fields of being a support mage. Wonder which old man in the mountains taught him all those tricks...

Anyway, off-topic not? This seems to fit in better in a ranking thread, or the generic thread. Episode 1 doesn't really address much on the issue of rankings after all...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 02:25   Link #360
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
About Chrono, the way I see it is he should be around S+ to SS. It's kinda hard imagining him below Nanoha and Fate so he should be around their level or higher. I'm betting that he should be SS- or SS (tied with our broken demi-goddess, Hayate). Even SS+, why not?
Well, he's got to have wits equal to the three Ls (L/Lelouch/Light) if his rank is to be the same as Hayate, base on skill alone.

Quote:
Anyway, I wonder how the other Church higher ups compares with Hayate. I don't know why but by reading the manga Chrono makes it sound like Acoss is even better than Hayate! But that was four years before StrikerS. *shrug* Anyway, that's enough from me for now.
Acous is definitely more experienced than Hayate, but unlike her, he doesn't have a Logia (though not at full power) to back him up.

So just like Nanoha-Chrono-Fate, Acous would make up for power with experience against Hayate's overwhelming powers.