AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-10-29, 20:53   Link #1
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Lightbulb General gaming news

Since there's gaming news that doesn't need it's own thread yet or doesn't fit into established title, console or event specific thread, i think we can use a general thread for people to post and discuss general news story such as

a) Developer/Publisher related news
b) Unconfirmed upcoming games
c) News surrounding the gaming media and culture
Old 2015-10-29, 21:01   Link #2
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Paradox Interactive acquired White Wolf from CCP (source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun)

This is super exciting for me since i really enjoy Vampire the Masquerade and CCP was doing nothing at all with White Wolf's IP ever since they acquired them in 2006. While their cancelled World of Darkness was exciting at the time of their announcement, MMORPG is the last thing i want these days.

Granted Paradox Interactive is a small-medium sized publisher but despite that, i still sunked tons of hours to their internally produced games like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis and Victoria 2. I'm hoping to see some sort of grand strategy games using White Wolf's IP portfolio eventhough most fans probably would want some sort of RPG.
Old 2015-10-30, 08:14   Link #3
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Librarian of Congress renews and expand protection of fair use to abandonware and etc.

Basically saying it's ok for people to hack games that is no longer supported by their owner hence giving the green light for archivist to make old games playable. Kinda weird to think that there's a movement to preserve and archive videogames of our childhood but much like any other media, it's also a small part of our collective culture and should be preserved so the future generation can make fun of us.
Old 2015-11-03, 12:04   Link #4
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Activision buys Candy Crush developer King for $5.9 billion.

I know mobile games are raking in tons of money but does any of the IP have a loyal fanbase that is worth that much money?
Old 2015-11-03, 12:09   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Activision buys Candy Crush developer King for $5.9 billion.

I know mobile games are raking in tons of money but does any of the IP have a loyal fanbase that is worth that much money?
That still blows my mind. To put it in context- Minecraft was bought for a little over 2 billion dollars, the whole Star Wars franchise was bought for 4 billion dollars.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote