AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-01, 19:07   Link #561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
arrrgh. Turns out i've been too reckless in my skill point spending; i've too many skills i never use and went past the 5/5 needed to unlock the next skill sets. Is there a way to get back your skill points by selling back your skills or something?
Not to my knowledge, but you could go to some of the low level zones of the other races and do the skill challenges there.
Old 2012-09-01, 20:30   Link #562
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Just a heads up those of you that have Wow accounts that use the same Email as your GW2 one. Due to the hack at Blizzard a little while back a lot of GW folks are finding their accounts hacked because they share the same Emails (and I assume password) as their old WoW accounts.

Also, Engineer is winnar. Flamethrower took me a little getting used to, and I'm not the biggest fan of the rifle, I prefer the pistols.
Old 2012-09-01, 21:50   Link #563
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's funny how the warrior and guardian classes balance their ridiculous overpoweredness in PVE (seriously, you actually have to try to get killed there) by being absolutely slaughtered in WvWvW. Wading in a large fight to do AoE damage as you would in PVE is a terrible idea, and don't even try to get anywhere near a keep door unless you enjoy being on the receiving end of at least five elementalist bombardments..
Old 2012-09-01, 22:01   Link #564
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's funny how the warrior and guardian classes balance their ridiculous overpoweredness in PVE (seriously, you actually have to try to get killed there) by being absolutely slaughtered in WvWvW. Wading in a large fight to do AoE damage as you would in PVE is a terrible idea, and don't even try to get anywhere near a keep door unless you enjoy being on the receiving end of at least five elementalist bombardments..
Not sure about guardians, but don't warriors have decent ranged DPS from longbows (AOE) and rifles (single-target burst)?
Old 2012-09-01, 22:37   Link #565
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

Also, Engineer is winnar. Flamethrower took me a little getting used to, and I'm not the biggest fan of the rifle, I prefer the pistols.
Rifle is really good for soloing veteran enemies though. Between the net shot with its ridiculously short cooldown and overload shot for emergencies, anything that isn't immune to immobilize/knockback will never touch you.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:14   Link #566
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

After an entire night of resetting all of the settings, I managed to do this.......

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For some reason, the game still auto-shutdown my computer. I still can't pinpoint if it is the RAM or the CPU that is giving me this bullshit.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 02:32   Link #567
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

For some reason, the game still auto-shutdown my computer. I still can't pinpoint if it is the RAM or the CPU that is giving me this bullshit.
Did you do a basic Prime 95 and OCCT stress test for your cpu and graphics card respectively?
Did you try updating or downgrading graphics drivers?
Disable Vsync or force it on through the graphic's card control panel.
Old 2012-09-02, 03:40   Link #568
leokiko

Have been playing it for a few days, got a Thief on level 29 and an Elementalist on 6.

Extremely fun game, best MMO I've ever played.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:25   Link #569
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Did you do a basic Prime 95 and OCCT stress test for your cpu and graphics card respectively?
Did you try updating or downgrading graphics drivers?
Disable Vsync or force it on through the graphic's card control panel.
Already did all. I am suspecting the issue is with my CPU fan's cooling not being good enough, my core runs at 80 degrees all the time but only GW2 and D3 give me the real problems.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-02, 10:39   Link #570
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
For some reason, I can imagine your character using such classic one-liners as, "The fuel hungers...". In fact, I'll just leave this concatenation of C&C3 flame tank quotes here in the hope they prove inspirational...

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:25   Link #571
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

One of the developers who did the concept for Thief with Sword/Pistol in GW2 probably played too much Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Savage Wolf Fury much?

Old 2012-09-02, 15:50   Link #572
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I occasionally jump off high vista's if i'm bored. Sometimes i even get a thrill out of it

I made a warrior the other day, and i'm liking it a lot more than my thief. I'm having trouble choosing which skills to get though, does anyone know if there is there is enough skill points available to buy all the skills in the end?
Quote:
arrrgh. Turns out i've been too reckless in my skill point spending; i've too many skills i never use and went past the 5/5 needed to unlock the next skill sets. Is there a way to get back your skill points by selling back your skills or something?
There is no re-spec for skills (there is for traits though). But skill points are an infinite resource in GW2. You will have enough points to buy every skill by level 80 if you do all of the skill point challenges, and even past level 80 you will continue to gain skill points as you gain XP. Skill points are also used as currency in some end-game shops (including in World vs World).

The only thing you cannot unlock is Summon Spirit Wolf. You need to buy or upgrade to the digital deluxe edition for that.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 16:58   Link #573
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Not sure about guardians, but don't warriors have decent ranged DPS from longbows (AOE) and rifles (single-target burst)?
Ish. Warrior's DPS drops drastically when grabbing a gun or bow (bow's AoE is only two skills if I recall, one being an adrenaline skill). You're right that it's still decent DPS, but it's so much less than what warriors are used to it makes most people avoid them like the plague.
Old 2012-09-02, 17:20   Link #574
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

As for Guardians, their ranged options are extremely limited and are quite bad DPS-wise. Their ranged weapons excel more at CC and general support. Torch/Scepter with focus for example.

I rarely use them unless a certain mob owns me hard in melee range.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 17:52   Link #575
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Just loving this game, it's superb!

Best MMORPG I've played since the first Guild Wars game

I thought I would encounter alot more troubles than I'm getting(actually very few, if not any at all) but so far it's been pretty good.

If I have one niggle atm is skill sets are maybe a tad limited(despite there actually being quite alot of skills tho), I'm just spamming the same skills over and over unless I swap weapon.
But I like the mechanics of it and only just starting really.
Hoping the traits and elites spice things up later.

So much to do and with so little time atm.
Old 2012-09-02, 21:15   Link #576
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
For some reason, I can imagine your character using such classic one-liners as, "The fuel hungers...". In fact, I'll just leave this concatenation of C&C3 flame tank quotes here in the hope they prove inspirational...

Burn! BURN! BURN!

Images
Old 2012-09-02, 21:18   Link #577
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So I upgraded my gear and cleared out inventory at the trading post and while combat abilities will increse, it was a clearly a fashion disaster which means I'll be buying a new set in a few levels. >.> I did make a bunch of gold to toss away by selling some crafting materials that can easily be collected

Spoiler:

I also toasted the guild a few times to increase influence. Man she'll be drunk before we get enough.

Changed to some better leggings. Thankfully people don't even sell that much higher than the vendor price, lol.
Spoiler:
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-02 at 21:55.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:47   Link #578
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
After an entire night of resetting all of the settings, I managed to do this.......

Images

Haha, nice name.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 22:36   Link #579
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Bought a bunch of onion rings so I can enjoy boosted exp and MF. Honestly this diet of Onion Rings and ale can't be a good one.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 00:20   Link #580
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Is there an AS guild (on Isle of Janith)?

I'm such a noob, found the engineering trainer today... whats this.. a skill book.. 'use this to unlock trai-' OH GOD DAMMIT (level 14).