AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-16, 08:31   Link #741
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
How do you change servers? The wiki doesn't say.
1. Open World Select on character select screen.
2. Select destination server
3. Click transfer

Not sure if they're still free or not, but if they aren't, know that transfer price is dependant on server population with higher pops meaning higher price.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:36   Link #742
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Hmm.. What's everyone favorite weapon type in GoW2?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:28   Link #743
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Generally, staffs for arcane classes, greatswords for melee classes.

And flame thrower for Engie.

Short bow for ranger.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:23   Link #744
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Generally, staffs for arcane classes, greatswords for melee classes.

And flame thrower for Engie.

Short bow for ranger.
Speaking about the Engi, it needs more dakka. Like this :



さあ お前等の全部-全部-全部-全部-全部
否定してやる そう否定してやる
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:27   Link #745
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 23
How do I get to queensdale fast?

I created a charr character and I wanted to finish all the task there cause its easier.
a3jay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:47   Link #746
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Generally, staffs for arcane classes, greatswords for melee classes.
... Mesmer is both.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:08   Link #747
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... Mesmer is both.
They can also hold both

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14
How do I get to queensdale fast?

I created a charr character and I wanted to finish all the task there cause its easier
Fastest way is to teleport and pay coins.

Or else

Press H. Go to PvP Window. Click Enter Shroud of the Mists. Walk forward into the purple portal into Lion's Arch, head up to the Hub south of Grand Piazza. Walk into the Portal to Divinity's Reach that has Seraph Guards. Then after you reach Divinity's Reach (Human Capital), go south out the portal.

In short, Queensdale is directly south of the human capital and you can reach the capital for free at any time via pvp zone -> lion's arch.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 07:57   Link #748
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Made it into the Orrian zones over the weekend and damn are they a nightmare. Spent most of my playing time last night running around trying to find Points of Interest with huge trains of enemies behind me. Pointless trying to even fight them because I've seen some respawn in less than 20 seconds. Had multiple skill challenges interrupted by a constant stream of respawning mobs. Tiny undead eagles hit my character for over 5000 damage with a single peck attack. And worst of all...the idiotic map chat from the kiddies in the Straits of Devastation event grind zerg (forget Zhaitan, this is the true terror of Orr).

And despite all that I really kinda like it. Zones in MMOs that actually feel as dangerous as the story claims them to be are a rarity.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:09   Link #749
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Made it into the Orrian zones over the weekend and damn are they a nightmare. Spent most of my playing time last night running around trying to find Points of Interest with huge trains of enemies behind me. Pointless trying to even fight them because I've seen some respawn in less than 20 seconds. Had multiple skill challenges interrupted by a constant stream of respawning mobs. Tiny undead eagles hit my character for over 5000 damage with a single peck attack. And worst of all...the idiotic map chat from the kiddies in the Straits of Devastation event grind zerg (forget Zhaitan, this is the true terror of Orr).

And despite all that I really kinda like it. Zones in MMOs that actually feel as dangerous as the story claims them to be are a rarity.
Yeah I also like it for its hostility. Majority of waypoints are contest, both annoying and interesting.

My guild is moving servers. Our current guild had some issues at the top and we're splitting apart. Probably going to Dragonbrand or Kaineng. I'd prefer Kaineng, it's fairly empty in comparison to the current one..
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:15   Link #750
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I dispise dragonbrand.... damn them in WvW. Go to tarnished coast... its the unofficial rp server.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:34   Link #751
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I dispise dragonbrand.... damn them in WvW. Go to tarnished coast... its the unofficial rp server.
I am in Tarnished Coast. The RP'ers are the reason I'm leaving. Hating an entire server because you were placed against them in WvW is stupidly obvious bias.

I'm weary about going to a busy server though, my guild might not fit. I don't know how many slots are left. Eredon Terace is medium traffic but full in WvW during TL's prime time. So that's also a no-no.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:14   Link #752
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Wow, totally missed the whole obvious joking. =\

But what are the RPers doing to make you leave?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:17   Link #753
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Well, almost a month later, I'm still lovin' the heck out of this game. However, if I had to say one beef I have, it's this:

Visual variety of armor sucks. Bad. Super, duper, bad. I now have my Thief at level 80, and my Warrior at level 75, and between the two of them, I think I must have worn like six different outfits combined as I went up the level tread mill. Heck, I think between level 20 and 60, my Thief never changed her visual appearance at all.

Anyways, I realize this will likely never happen, but I'd love to see housing of some sort implemented. With the whole private instance thing, you could even open up the entire world to player housing, but make them all invisible to anyone except the house owner (and perhaps whoever is grouped with him/her).

Lastly, I still can't get into the gameplay of any of the light armor classes. Kiting for 80 levels would cause me to blow my brains out.

As far as WvWvW goes, I've never played on any other servers. Does every server, from their perspective, take up the North position on their map?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:37   Link #754
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
And it looks like Guild Wars 2 is about to take the next step in world conquest (or try to take down a giant)

They are working on a Mac verison of GW2 right now. Even know that I have brought a Windows, I will have no problem buying for a Mac verison.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 14:07   Link #755
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Well, almost a month later, I'm still lovin' the heck out of this game. However, if I had to say one beef I have, it's this:

Visual variety of armor sucks. Bad. Super, duper, bad. I now have my Thief at level 80, and my Warrior at level 75, and between the two of them, I think I must have worn like six different outfits combined as I went up the level tread mill. Heck, I think between level 20 and 60, my Thief never changed her visual appearance at all.

Anyways, I realize this will likely never happen, but I'd love to see housing of some sort implemented. With the whole private instance thing, you could even open up the entire world to player housing, but make them all invisible to anyone except the house owner (and perhaps whoever is grouped with him/her).

Lastly, I still can't get into the gameplay of any of the light armor classes. Kiting for 80 levels would cause me to blow my brains out.

As far as WvWvW goes, I've never played on any other servers. Does every server, from their perspective, take up the North position on their map?
There are tons of unique skins, unfortunately you have to grind for all of them.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:01   Link #756
Jellal
Anime Critic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
They released the beta version which is compatible for Mac!

Downloading the client as we speak, I'm so glad they did this - I was getting tired of the home PC.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:46   Link #757
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Well, almost a month later, I'm still lovin' the heck out of this game. However, if I had to say one beef I have, it's this:

Visual variety of armor sucks. Bad. Super, duper, bad. I now have my Thief at level 80, and my Warrior at level 75, and between the two of them, I think I must have worn like six different outfits combined as I went up the level tread mill. Heck, I think between level 20 and 60, my Thief never changed her visual appearance at all.

Anyways, I realize this will likely never happen, but I'd love to see housing of some sort implemented. With the whole private instance thing, you could even open up the entire world to player housing, but make them all invisible to anyone except the house owner (and perhaps whoever is grouped with him/her).

Lastly, I still can't get into the gameplay of any of the light armor classes. Kiting for 80 levels would cause me to blow my brains out.

As far as WvWvW goes, I've never played on any other servers. Does every server, from their perspective, take up the North position on their map?
Ha that is my biggest complaint too is armor. I'm like 26 or 27 right now and I think I have had the same armor on since lvl 1.

I heard there are more styles that you get around 30+ or 35+ or something so i'm excited about htat.

But totally agree, that more armor styles would be amazing.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 04:29   Link #758
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
After lots of grinding in dungeon explorable mode, here's how my charr engineer looks like.
Spoiler for big ass photo:


Helm : Orrian
Chest : Flame Legion
Glove : Flame Legion
Pants : Orrian
Boot : Flame Legion

Shoulders doesnt show with the flame legion chest so i haven't bother getting anything fancy for it yet.
__________________

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2012-09-19 at 07:00.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:21   Link #759
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
If only GW2 can get Aion-esque armors:

Here's the new armors and weapons coming for Aion 3.5:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:41   Link #760
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
^Nice! I like the chain and cloth "armor".
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.