AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-17, 19:58   Link #81
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
How I hate you henchies... XD
I guess I'll get Nightfall sometime...

But as mentioned comparing WoW and GW is pretty stupid. The simple reason is GW is a PvP-central game. Sure it has PvE, but the game is really more built for PvP... WoW is a PvE-central game, with PvP added. I prefer WoW myself, but that's I like to level up... xD
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 21:43   Link #82
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
For being built for PvP, the Guild Wars team sure spends a lot of time on the story and landscapes

This is part of what I like about Guild Wars over other MMO's: if I want to PvP, I've got some great PvP. If I want to bust some monsters, there's plenty of that to go around, too. It has a large helping of both types of gameplay, which is important because I occasionally get on kicks of one or the other, and it's nice not having to switch games.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 23:07   Link #83
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
I'm not saying GW has no story and stuff like that, I mean when it was made it was really designed to be PvP-focused. The story is there for people who dislike PvP , well that and the fact a game where you could only PvP sounds dreadfully dull...

GW has a nice PvE feel, I just dislike the fact you cap out at 20... Always such a low number. Then again, that's the cap in some other games I'm playing so... Eh...
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 08:21   Link #84
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
i like the lvl 20 cap, it greatly reduces the lvling race found in nearly all other mmorpg's and allows one to be able to leave and come back to the game any time they wish to, but the game only really begins wen u hit 20....then u still got most of the campaign left to do e.g the normal skills to aqquire and those elite skills too for the combat stuff, and personally i like the gw plot, they seem more belieavable and dark and the heavy use of instancing really helps to deliver an engrossing story line aswell as make use for npc's for roles other then the static shop/quest/bs role. The main thing i like about gw however is that its core gameplay, thats fighting mobs or other players is far more interesting then all other mmorpg's ive tried, but it also has difficult instances geared for group play as well [making those instances even more interesting to run then they would b if it wer a conventional mmorpg] but thats just my opinion
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 08:30   Link #85
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
GW has a nice PvE feel, I just dislike the fact you cap out at 20... Always such a low number. Then again, that's the cap in some other games I'm playing so... Eh...
Well, 20 is just a number. The highest level of foe you'll ever encounter is level 30 (I think), so you can just imagine you're battling a level 70 foe while you're level 60, if you like.

I love the level cap. The main thing that kept me away from MMO's was that someone who sucks but has been playing every day for years will kill you regardless of how skilled you may be. I'd rather be rewarded for ability than hours sunk into it.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 08:36   Link #86
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Well, 20 is just a number. The highest level of foe you'll ever encounter is level 30 (I think), so you can just imagine you're battling a level 70 foe while you're level 60, if you like.

I love the level cap. The main thing that kept me away from MMO's was that someone who sucks but has been playing every day for years will kill you regardless of how skilled you may be. I'd rather be rewarded for ability than hours sunk into it.
my feelings exactly
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 09:03   Link #87
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
I'm a numbery kind of person. xD
Kind of like how games that end at level 99 irk me. Why not just stop at an even 100... >.>;

*cough*
BUTANYWAY.

I never did PvP much in GW. Because I always died. *Is teh suck at PvP*
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 09:49   Link #88
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Well I love the Level cap
and i like the fact that u need skill to play and not button mashing and mods to be good like in WOW
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 11:35   Link #89
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Seriously, it really irks me when GW and WoW are compared since they are two completely different types of games. It's like trying to compare plums and peaches... sure they're in the same family but they taste, look, smell, and feel nothing like each other. I for one greatly dislike WoW (beware Grindfest) and find GW to be more to my liking, especially since it rewards skilled players who casually play now and then.

Siya - I find it very interesting that you use a water staff when you use a fire build. Don't you think switching weapons would be benificiary for both strength and skill? I like to carry around four different bows, sometimes more, so as to create maximum dmg for varying environments.
Krisslanza - agreed, EoTN is geared towards lvl 20 players who desire a challenge and also for those preparing for GW2. Heroes really are a big help, and as said before, they're not necessarily needed, but they do make everything more manageable and you have less reason to freak out at the henchies since you can actually control the skills, weapons, and actions of the heroes themselves.
Hehe...Well, I'm just making a point that to me, with there differnt stuffs, they are about the same...but yes...And yes...I do think Is should get anothe wepon...My problem is that I'm a bit out to date, I played Proph, did HoH and everything...Then Factions came out...and it was like..gone....I don't know what happend to my fire staff....IT was there then it was gone...So I had to replace it.....and I used a water staff, cause that's all I had...And I can't afford to buy a half way decent staff...I've never had the much money out of all the years I've played..and I've been playing since about a week after it came out XD....So I'm in the process of farming to get the money...lol
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:29   Link #90
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Where do you farm?
In prophecies, I often frequent the dwarf camp and HoH
Since I just got factions, I have yet to finish the campaign and find some good farming spots.
Nightfall I typically check out the Kodash Bazaar, and for some challange, the Domain of Anguish. BUT, you have to complete the campaign before you can check out the Domain of Anguish since it's for elite players.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 20:29   Link #91
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Man when i was a noob At DOA it was...sooo bad they dont help noob not all . But i made it somehow XD
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 21:20   Link #92
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Im still a long time player with all the campaigns. Honestly: Dont get this game if your coming in as a newb. The PvP community is starting to grow older and older, more and more elitist. Their are alot of guilds out their that have zero noob tolerance. You will be spat on by your teamates if you enter a PvP match with the default skills your proffesion comes with ( Literally. They will likely report you for leeching, which automatically dings your account and bans you from entering again for 10 minutes )

If you must, just be sure to PvE alot before entering PvP. You might slip by...but im just telling any prospective newbies out their that things are getting harsher every day.

My in game name is: "Blacker Lotus"
Im pretty willing to help but as an additional warning Im actually a member of whats currently considered by those in PvP to be the "most hated guild" in the entire game. You might not want to affiliate yourself with me...lol...:P
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 21:22   Link #93
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
HOH is very hard on the noobs before the new Favor System Started
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 21:40   Link #94
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Im still a long time player with all the campaigns. Honestly: Dont get this game if your coming in as a newb. The PvP community is starting to grow older and older, more and more elitist. Their are alot of guilds out their that have zero noob tolerance. You will be spat on by your teamates if you enter a PvP match with the default skills your proffesion comes with ( Literally. They will likely report you for leeching, which automatically dings your account and bans you from entering again for 10 minutes )
This is what the low-level random arenas are for (Ascalon, Shiverpeak, Shing Jea, and I don't have Nightfall). These places are good for cutting your teeth, as most of the people there don't really know what they're doing, either. Heck, I'd regularly go for 10-20 game runs setting up my E/Mo for straight healing, if that tells you anything

Quote:
If you must, just be sure to PvE alot before entering PvP. You might slip by...but im just telling any prospective newbies out their that things are getting harsher every day.
Also, remember that some people are just idiots. I once got ragged on because I wanted to tweak my build between Alliance Battles, so just because you get yelled at doesn't mean you actually did anything wrong.

Quote:
My in game name is: "Blacker Lotus"
Im pretty willing to help but as an additional warning Im actually a member of whats currently considered by those in PvP to be the "most d guild" in the entire game. You might not want to affiliate yourself with me...lol...:P
As long as you're not from [KING]...
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 06:03   Link #95
daskuu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
HOH is very hard on the noobs before the new Favor System Started
I think she means Tomb of Primeval Kings, it's the last map there. I doubt she'd farm Heroes Ascent with only Prophecies
daskuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 01:30   Link #96
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
oh ive been there u can solo wit ur sin
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 10:11   Link #97
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
wat r ppls character plans for GW2? i plan ot make a charr warrior,ranger and assasin if possible raawrrrr!!!!
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 10:57   Link #98
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Where do you farm?
In prophecies, I often frequent the dwarf camp and HoH
Since I just got factions, I have yet to finish the campaign and find some good farming spots.
Nightfall I typically check out the Kodash Bazaar, and for some challange, the Domain of Anguish. BUT, you have to complete the campaign before you can check out the Domain of Anguish since it's for elite players.
Me...Well...I don't farm at HoH...I haven't been there in forever...I used to go there all the time...then like I said..it's nothing now...but I'm normaly farming outside Ventari's Refuge and and do some lower missions for like lvl 15s to get some money...I don't have Factions....and i've only done the quest to get over to Elona for NF


Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
Man when i was a noob At DOA it was...sooo bad they dont help noob not all . But i made it somehow XD
It's always been that way...Most people don't want to take the time to help...You'll find those people who will help, but normally you do it on your own or with a person your lvl xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Im still a long time player with all the campaigns. Honestly: Dont get this game if your coming in as a newb. The PvP community is starting to grow older and older, more and more elitist. Their are alot of guilds out their that have zero noob tolerance. You will be spat on by your teamates if you enter a PvP match with the default skills your proffesion comes with ( Literally. They will likely report you for leeching, which automatically dings your account and bans you from entering again for 10 minutes )

If you must, just be sure to PvE alot before entering PvP. You might slip by...but im just telling any prospective newbies out their that things are getting harsher every day.

My in game name is: "Blacker Lotus"
Im pretty willing to help but as an additional warning Im actually a member of whats currently considered by those in PvP to be the "most hated guild" in the entire game. You might not want to affiliate yourself with me...lol...:P
Yea...PvP is big...And the fact that alot of noobs create PvP characters when they start because they'll start off as a 20...You can always tell them from the experts because they have no Idea what your doing...I remember being at the Temple of Balthazar one time and some Necro said "OMG, I just created a character and they made me lvl 20, It must of been a glitch or something) I was like WTF???..Very sadning..And yea...PvP is become more strict on what they allow...Last few guilds I've tried to join, they wouldn't let me dew to the fact I don't have factions, the whole AB and all, you know...So nowa days it's hard to find a guild to join because they're all big on AB and stuffs...and me, I'm only used to Proph..I was like awsomes and stuffs...had an awsome build and stuff..then Factions came out..and Ruind HoH so my awsomeness turned to uselessness...and stuffs...very sadening...but yea...HoH used to be all "OMG NOW GOO!!!" No it's "Soooo" and AB is "OMG NOW GOOO!!!"...Very sadening indeed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
HOH is very hard on the noobs before the new Favor System Started
HoH doesn't do much now...I wouldn't bother with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
This is what the low-level random arenas are for (Ascalon, Shiverpeak, Shing Jea, and I don't have Nightfall). These places are good for cutting your teeth, as most of the people there don't really know what they're doing, either. Heck, I'd regularly go for 10-20 game runs setting up my E/Mo for straight healing, if that tells you anything



Also, remember that some people are just idiots. I once got ragged on because I wanted to tweak my build between Alliance Battles, so just because you get yelled at doesn't mean you actually did anything wrong.


As long as you're not from [KING]...
I agree to that...That's what people need to do..but alot don't...I know alot of noobs just create a PvP character and not a PvE so they don't know what they're doing...I don't have a PvP character...I use my PvE E/MO.......I survive for a bit...But the whole "Watter staff with a fire build" Eventualy gets me xD And I agree...Everyone wants you to go with the build they tell you to in PvP now...if it's not how they want it, they boot you from the group...people are really picky on who they choose and how they do it.......It's rather annoying...my build in general is acually very good...If I can get some half decent fire wepons I would be doing awsomes...Of course my armor needs an update (Cause I've had it since I was like 14....(Since like May of 2005 xD) Yea...like I said, no money...
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 11:37   Link #99
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
HoH is nigh impossible to break into. No one who knows what they're doing will let you on their team unless you're r3 or above, so you basically have to slog at TA and RA for your Gladiator track - praying you don't end up with idiots all the way, which almost invariably happens because all of the decent players are over at HoH. *Le Sigh*

I've been trying to get into HA for a while now, but no one can accept that I might know what I'm doing even without a Gladiator rank yet. After all, "noob" is not a title track - it is a state of mind.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 12:38   Link #100
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Tip: Its very easy to sneak into High ranked teams. Half the time they dont even demand your title if the first thing you say when you join is "Give me my bar", because that shows that you just want to hurry up just like them ( It often takes 20+ minutes to set up a good team ). Its kind of an art though, just keep trying. Eventually you will find a way that suits you that makes it seem casual.

Also, only bad players rely on rank. Good players know whos good and whos not and keep each other on their friends list. I got started as an R0 by getting into an R9 team through my guild. I played well, and ever since then I get random PM's asking me to Ha with them. Thats how it really works.

In my case, I keep my terrifying glad title on. No one questions me.

Im not in [KING]. Think worse. ( Im in "I swear she was 18" [GWEN], which is the same guild as "Kinetic Fusion [Kf]" and "The dunedian still live" [SYKO]. Technically I am in all three of those guilds. We constantly rejoin and switch between the three depending on what we are doing. )

Last edited by Edgewalker; 2007-10-29 at 14:13.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.