AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-30, 07:08   Link #101
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Tip: Its very easy to sneak into High ranked teams. Half the time they dont even demand your title if the first thing you say when you join is "Give me my bar", because that shows that you just want to hurry up just like them ( It often takes 20+ minutes to set up a good team ). Its kind of an art though, just keep trying. Eventually you will find a way that suits you that makes it seem casual.

Also, only bad players rely on rank. Good players know whos good and whos not and keep each other on their friends list. I got started as an R0 by getting into an R9 team through my guild. I played well, and ever since then I get random PM's asking me to Ha with them. Thats how it really works.

In my case, I keep my terrifying glad title on. No one questions me.

Im not in [KING]. Think worse. ( Im in "I swear she was 18" [GWEN], which is the same guild as "Kinetic Fusion [Kf]" and "The dunedian still live" [SYKO]. Technically I am in all three of those guilds. We constantly rejoin and switch between the three depending on what we are doing. )


heh...I feel the worst I was in was KOG...They were just...yea...
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 11:33   Link #102
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
[GWEN] isn't that bad. I don't understand why people don't like them... I'm always glad to see one on my team in RA, as they're usually pretty solid players.


Unfortunately I can't use that trick in HA. Since I don't have Nightfall, and everyone loves Natural Stride and Burning Arrow like they're Christ's Second Coming (I play a Ranger), I either have to spend a couple of minutes tweaking or just ask for another build. By that time, I'm usually without a group once more.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 15:56   Link #103
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
lol, wellll, you have to admit, Natural Stride and Burning arrow are pretty much god's gift to rangers..I use NS way more though since I like to switch up my conditions.

Just a quick question for anyone who knows:
I play strictly PvE, but the more I read, the more curious I get about PvP and would like to try taking my PvE ranger and monk into PvP battle. Is that possible, or do I have to create new ones under PvP category?
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 16:05   Link #104
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
lol, wellll, you have to admit, Natural Stride and Burning arrow are pretty much god's gift to rangers..I use NS way more though since I like to switch up my conditions.
I've been using Natural Stride during the Costume Brawl, and I don't really care for it. It's a nice speed boost, but it's about useless for blocking, doesn't last very long, and is ended way too easily. I keep wishing I had my Whirling Defense instead. Burning Arrow is okay, though.

Quote:
Is that possible
Of course it is.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 16:50   Link #105
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
lol, wellll, you have to admit, Natural Stride and Burning arrow are pretty much god's gift to rangers..I use NS way more though since I like to switch up my conditions.

Just a quick question for anyone who knows:
I play strictly PvE, but the more I read, the more curious I get about PvP and would like to try taking my PvE ranger and monk into PvP battle. Is that possible, or do I have to create new ones under PvP category?
I suggest getting started in PvP by making a PvP character and trying one of these builds in PvP:

For random arena:
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_RA_builds
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_RA_builds

For Hero battle:
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_HB_builds
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_HB_builds

Not to encourage you to be a cookie cutter user, but the idea is that by playing good builds it will give you an idea of what makes a build good for PVP, and thus you will have a yardstick for which to measure your own builds against.

Quote:
[GWEN] isn't that bad. I don't understand why people don't like them... I'm always glad to see one on my team in RA, as they're usually pretty solid players.
Alot of the top guilds ( rank 300+ ) have members in them that blame us solely for causing gimmicks like spiritway to spread in HoH like wildfire. We made a lot of varients of it and held halls with it every weekend, which in turn caused players watching us in observer mode to copy it. Now if you go to halls you notice almost every non guild team runs spiritway. It really isnt totally our fault, more like anets for not balancing things correctly, but we get the burn for it from alot of people pming us regardless.

Short version: Top guilds hate us because we create and run gimmicks. People hate us because they love to "Me too !!" anything said by a top guild member.


Another reason is because our alliance leader is a /b/tard.

Last edited by Edgewalker; 2007-10-30 at 17:03.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 17:23   Link #106
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Why is it your fault for exploiting ArenaNet's oversights? Everyone else does it, and sometimes their so-called "skill balances" make me wonder if Izzy even plays the game at all. I still haven't gotten over their giving Troll Unguent a 3-second cast.
Spiritway is a decent build, and I think everyone is more upset that they didn't come up with it themselves than anything.
I think Guild Wars being free-to-play is a mixed blessing, because you get a lot of kids who otherwise couldn't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Another reason is because our alliance leader is a /b/tard.
On second thought, there's a good reason, after all.

__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 18:48   Link #107
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Izzy's real problem is that he still hasn't figured out that not all players are equal. He gives just as much an ear to Mr.Healinghands Joe-Wammo as he does to top PvP guilds. Until Izzy realizes that people who dont know how to play generally dont know as much about balance, the poor state of the current meta is here to stay.

Last edited by Edgewalker; 2007-10-30 at 23:22.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 06:49   Link #108
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
I suggest getting started in PvP by making a PvP character and trying one of these builds in PvP:

For random arena:
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_RA_builds
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_RA_builds

For Hero battle:
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_HB_builds
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category...king_HB_builds

Not to encourage you to be a cookie cutter user, but the idea is that by playing good builds it will give you an idea of what makes a build good for PVP, and thus you will have a yardstick for which to measure your own builds against.



Alot of the top guilds ( rank 300+ ) have members in them that blame us solely for causing gimmicks like spiritway to spread in HoH like wildfire. We made a lot of varients of it and held halls with it every weekend, which in turn caused players watching us in observer mode to copy it. Now if you go to halls you notice almost every non guild team runs spiritway. It really isnt totally our fault, more like anets for not balancing things correctly, but we get the burn for it from alot of people pming us regardless.

Short version: Top guilds hate us because we create and run gimmicks. People hate us because they love to "Me too !!" anything said by a top guild member.


Another reason is because our alliance leader is a /b/tard.


Well...I'd rather put my own builds together...xD, Looking up builds...makes it seem...Rather weird...xD...My build is acualy very good..It's just the fact, their all fire techniques....and I'm weilding a water type staff
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 13:29   Link #109
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
I look at wiki builds from time to time to get ideas (one of my favorites is Signet of Humility + Keystone Signet + Mantra of Inscriptions :3), but the only build I've ever used in its entirety from wiki is the Touch Ranger build, and only because there's about zero flexibility in it if you want it to work right.

I'd sell you a fire staff, but I only have one, myself . I'll keep an eye out, though.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 10:18   Link #110
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I look at wiki builds from time to time to get ideas (one of my favorites is Signet of Humility + Keystone Signet + Mantra of Inscriptions :3), but the only build I've ever used in its entirety from wiki is the Touch Ranger build, and only because there's about zero flexibility in it if you want it to work right.

I'd sell you a fire staff, but I only have one, myself . I'll keep an eye out, though.
heh, Ok, thanks..
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:02   Link #111
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
One thing I really love about EOTN is that when GW2 comes out, people will still buy and play GW1 to see the backstory and unlock stuff for their GW2 characters. its a great system that will keep GW1 alive)

and that just rocks. I love GW. its an amazing game. so many great things about it.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 10:05   Link #112
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
One thing I really love about EOTN is that when GW2 comes out, people will still buy and play GW1 to see the backstory and unlock stuff for their GW2 characters. its a great system that will keep GW1 alive)

and that just rocks. I love GW. its an amazing game. so many great things about it.
i love it too!!!!111!!21!!! XD i just wish i had given it a try before going through all those bland, dull, crap grind fest mmo's, btw guys hav u heard about the gameplay that mite b in gw2? apparently theres a possibilty of breaking objects in the enviroment and further collision detection [theres alrdy an element of collision detection in gw1] not to mention skills behaving differently if ur jumping or moving etc , i hope for gw2 they get rid of lvls altogether, although they did mention endless amount of lvls i think those lvls will represent something different from what they do in a traditional WoWstyle mmo.

gw2 gameplay mentioned in :

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/pc/game...sectionId=1001

Last edited by kadenza; 2007-11-05 at 12:47.
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:23   Link #113
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
i love it too!!!!111!!21!!! XD i just wish i had given it a try before going through all those bland, dull, crap grind fest mmo's, btw guys hav u heard about the gameplay that mite b in gw2? apparently theres a possibilty of breaking objects in the enviroment and further collision detection [theres alrdy an element of collision detection in gw2] not to mention skills behaving differently if ur jumping or moving etc , i hope for gw2 they get rid of lvls altogether, although they did mention endless amount of lvls i think those lvls will represent something different from what they do in a traditional WoWstyle mmo.

gw2 gameplay mentioned in :

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/pc/game...sectionId=1001
I think its okay that GW2 is very different, because we still got the classic GW gameplay in GW1, so it's fine with me that GW2 will do something crazy different.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:46   Link #114
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
I think its okay that GW2 is very different, because we still got the classic GW gameplay in GW1, so it's fine with me that GW2 will do something crazy different.
hehe i was praising the gw2 skill system, though reading my post now i can see y 1 mite see it differently, but yeh, cant wait for gw2, its reading about gw2 that got me interested in gw1 in the first place :P
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:52   Link #115
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Its the server world vs server world i'm looking forward too!
GW's pvp alrdy pwns, if they do what they are saying for thier server v server pvp then it would be PvP pwning x1000000000000000!

there are some very interesting ideas floting around about GW2 can't wait to see what they really got in mind
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:43   Link #116
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Also I hear there will be more freedom of movement between national districts. As it is, Americans and Europeans can visit each other's servers, and everyone can hang out in the international districts (which no one does, except in Heroes' Ascent), but that's it.
Jumping and swimming will be interesting new additions.
If they remove the level cap, hopefully it'll be superficial in that your number keeps going up, but your attributes and abilities stay the same. The level cap is one of the big things this has going for it.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 11:57   Link #117
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Also I hear there will be more freedom of movement between national districts. As it is, Americans and Europeans can visit each other's servers, and everyone can hang out in the international districts .
they just added that to GW1) you can now hang out in american and european districts. its fun
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 12:31   Link #118
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Also I hear there will be more freedom of movement between national districts. As it is, Americans and Europeans can visit each other's servers, and everyone can hang out in the international districts (which no one does, except in Heroes' Ascent), but that's it.
Jumping and swimming will be interesting new additions.
If they remove the level cap, hopefully it'll be superficial in that your number keeps going up, but your attributes and abilities stay the same. The level cap is one of the big things this has going for it.
Welll, from what I read, GW2 is supposed to have alot of new stuffs, Freedom of Movement, Like Jumping off and over ledges, rather then being strain to move arond and stuffs, Swimming, and even climbing trees xD...Then the graphics (Obviously) are supposed to be enhance tramendosly (but this will require me to get some more RAM memory and a better video card), They are also thinking of taking the whole instance when leaving an outpost or city out, so you can interact with more people and what not. I also read that they are adding in more professions, and you can choos different species, What they have announced tha you can play as are: The Charr, Norn, Asura and Sylvari.. There will still be no Subscription fee, YAY. Players of the current Guild Wars campaigns and the expansion will be allowed to "port" achievements obtained in the original series into the Guild Wars 2 universe via the "Hall of Monuments" found in the Eye of the North expansion, So this states that Myself (and everyone else who plans on playing this and doesn't have Eye of the North) Needs to get it so you don't losse all your points! We will also be able to break objects such as crates with our wepons and even set objects on fire . The lvl cap is supposed to go up way past 20, the haven't decided where though. As I said earlier, much of the non storyline content will take place in a global persistent game-world instead of the instanced design of its predecessor; instances will also be used in other settings. Also, the choices players make will impact the world as a whole, bassicaly, you do one thing, it can trigger a quest you can/cannot get. An NPC companion system will be implemented (I'm gussing something like the Heros fron NF..but I'm not sure...), but characters will be rewarded if they choose not to use this system. "Sidekicks" will allow powers from high-level characters to transfer to lower-leveled friendly characters, in order to help them accompany high-level characters. PvP is supposed to change tremendasly. Apperently, Guild vs Guild will still be availvle (Obviously...If it wasn't it wouldn't be Guild Wars....<---Note the name xD), Guild Wars 2 will introduce massive world vs. world matches in the in-game setting called the Mists (We all should already know what the "Mist" is...). Players will be able to joinin this world-wide PvP battle in a variety of roles, with rewards based with their success. I also read that the PvP will not be seperated, as in, you can't make a PvP character, it's a PvE all the way, but they are allowed access to the PvP equipment and areas and what not.

Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be set about 250 years after teh events in Eye of the North (I really need to get this...). the world of Tyria (Prophocies) will be drastically changed from its original form. These changes will be caused by an ancient race of powerful dragons resurfacing after millenia of slumber. The first of the dragons, called Primordus, was already debuted in Eye of the North, whose main antagonist, the Great Destroyer, was one of his generals. This dragon arises and takes over the underground network of Asuran tunnels under Tyria, driving the Asuras to the surface. Because of this, More of these dragons resurface and one rises about the sunken holy city of Arah in the ruined kingdom of Orr, and severs the sea route between Kryta and Cantha. another arises to the south of the Crystal Desert, cutting off Elona; a third arises in the Far Shiverpeaks and uses its icy minions to push the Norn south into the previous land of the Dwarves. The resurfacing of the Dragons causes massive floods destroy many coastal cities in Kryta, such as Lion's Arch. The Krytans move north, away from the coast, and establish a new capital in the former holy village of Divinity's Coast. They set up a constitutional monarchy that ends the years of feuds between the Shining Blade and the White Mantel (Fighting for 250 years...Wow...amazing....). Many refugees flock to Kryta from the rest of Tyria; most importantly, the humans from Ascalon, Because like the Charr completly control it xD. The Ascalons peoples who did not flee to Kryta move southwards and barricade themselves in a fortress called Ebonhawke. Appernentyl Ascalon City is nothing more then a ghose town (litteraly) that is populated by the vengeful spirits of its former citizens who kill all who dare enter (WOOO). A legend says that if one of the two relics of Ascalon's sundered royal line, the flaming swords of Rurik and Adelbern, are returned to Ascalon, then the spirits will finally be at rest. Lion's Arch is eventually rebuilt and becomes the new portal into the Mists with the blessing of the god of combat, Balthazar; it takes the place of the Battle Isles, which also sinks in the floods. In Cantha, the successor of emperor Kisu defeats the warring Kurzick and Luxon factions and reunites Cantha under one banner. Under his strong leadership, Cantha forces all non-human races off their lands and fortifies its borders, becoming much more isolationist than before. The few Canthans who oppose the new empire are exiled to Kryta. When Arah resurfaces, the Corsair ships that used to take refuge in that archipelago are corrupted by the dragon to form a deadly fleet of black ships that seal off all trade routes between Cantha and the other continents. At the start of the Guild Wars 2 story, there has been no contact with mainland Canthans for a generation.

In Elona, the undead general Palawa Joko, who had briefly formed an alliance with the Order of the Sunspear to defeat the fallen god Abaddon in Nightfall, successfully reconstitutes his undead army and begins a long siege on the Elonian provinces of Vabbi, Kourna and Istan. Vabbi is all but destroyed, its former splendor ruined by a ravaging famine when the river Elon is diverted by Joko. The Sunspears are eventually broken by Joko's armies, and many of their former leaders are converted to his service, some alive, some undead. The land bridge between Elona and the Crystal Desert is blocked by Joko's minions and the dragon, and the only news that slips through is carried by the mysterious and secretive Order of Whispers, who are now spread over all of Tyria.
Besides the humans, the other sentient races have a comparatively better time. The Norns and the Charr continue to honor their peace formed from a mutual respect. The Asuras spread through all cities, maintaining a network of teleportation gates but also remaining strictly neutral. The Charr achieve total victory over Ascalon and settle into the former human capital of Rin. The centaurs and the humans finally make peace as they witness the birth of the new race of Sylvari, who appear fully formed from the mysterious tree that the centaur Ventari tended to until his death. The Dwarves, who pursued the Destroyers deep and long at the end of Eye of the North, are now deathless creatures of stone; the few who remain watch the ages go by, interacting little with the other sentient races, if at all.
So this game is going to be soo epic! I can't wait! (Btw...all this info can be found at Guild Wars main site and Wikipedia xD...
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 22:32   Link #119
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
(Btw...all this info can be found at Guild Wars main site and Wikipedia xD...
LOL btw posting a link would have done just fine, I was gonna post a link to the articles but since you took time and effort to post that, I'm not gonna
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 11:34   Link #120
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
LOL btw posting a link would have done just fine, I was gonna post a link to the articles but since you took time and effort to post that, I'm not gonna
Yea..I have a problem with that...What's even worse is I typed all that.......
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.