AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2007-04-22, 22:35   Link #421
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Isn't that why they're using Drones in the first place? Why risk life and limb when you can just manufacture robotic minions to do the dirty work for you?
When the effectiveness and efficiency in the long run is questionable, it's pointless though. I don't think there are 4054635 Relics out there.

Right now, I can't get the fact that the drones aren't fire-proof out of my mind.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 00:04   Link #422
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
It's all right even if it's fire-proof, as long as it's not nanoha-proof then the villains will be in for a beating...
The problem for TSAB right now is not dealing with the machines, but to somehow bring back one that's not reduced to dust so they can investigate futher...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 06:01   Link #423
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

kinda wondering but i wonder if that Griffith dude from episode 3...was he introduced somewhere in A's??
for some reason, Nanoha and Fate know this guy really well...and i was pretty clueless on why they knew him....i dont remember seeing him in A's.....
Old 2007-04-23, 06:13   Link #424
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
kinda wondering but i wonder if that Griffith dude from episode 3...was he introduced somewhere in A's??
for some reason, Nanoha and Fate know this guy really well...and i was pretty clueless on why they knew him....i dont remember seeing him in A's.....
He was first introduced in the "A's to StrikerS" manga. When they first met him, he was shorter than them; which is why they expressed surprise at his current height, four years later.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-23, 06:14   Link #425
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
He was first introduced in chapter 1 of Phase A's to StrikerS. There should be links to it in the Manga section
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 06:15   Link #426
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
He was first introduced in the "A's to StrikerS" manga. When they first met him, he was shorter than them; which is why they expressed surprise at his current height, four years later.

Cheers.
oh so he was introduced through the manga....cool cool, thanks Skane for the info...i was kinda surprised that they knew this guy and my head was spinning trying to think back in A's where they met him....ahhahahaha i think too much i guess
Old 2007-04-23, 21:26   Link #427
Yukiko-chan

Red face

In any case(Thinking yous are talking about the green hair guy) He's not important.Whats is whats gonna go on with FateXNanoha lol.You know what im talkin anout lol.And no im not a Lez(I think)But Yuri/Shoujo-ai is the shite lol.And I have a girlfreind lol hmmmm I wonder...Anyways......yeah thats all ihave to say.
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:30   Link #428
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
In any case(Thinking yous are talking about the green hair guy) He's not important.Whats is whats gonna go on with FateXNanoha lol.You know what im talkin anout lol.And no im not a Lez(I think)But Yuri/Shoujo-ai is the shite lol.And I have a girlfreind lol hmmmm I wonder...Anyways......yeah thats all ihave to say.
Most likely the way it's traditionally done. Example being Getbackers.

Throw in 300000 homo-innuendos, with nothing substancial that solidifies the proof of their relationship and in-between those 300000, there's one or 2 hetero-innuendo that defies the greater power and prevents the masses to ever truly "win".

To put in simple terms, satisfy everyone and no one.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-23, 21:33   Link #429
Yukiko-chan

hahahaha lol that was real funny(only because I didnt understand any of it)lol.but can you say that in english please (or at least dumb english if ya can)

I dont get it .Satisfy everyone and no one??
and whats that nanoha line thind at the bottom?? Juice pending?? ok ill think ill be takin the stairs this time..hehe..

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-11 at 13:59.
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 23:10   Link #430
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

@ Yukiko-chan

What Nightengale is basically trying to say is that the writers are "yanking our chains" and "rattling our cages".

They are tossing "suggestions" here and there to convince those nuts that the girls are "playing for the other team"...

...When really are just "sitting on the fence".

P.S - I consider it an Achievement if I manage to confuse you even more with these " "

P.P.S - Sorry, I'm the "evil influence" here btw...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 23:39   Link #431
Aaron008R

Quote:
hahahaha lol that was real funny(only because I didnt understand any of it)lol.Im dumb my girls the smart one (I like smart girls lol)but can you say that in english please (or at least dumb english if ya can)

I dont get it .Satisfy everyone and no one??
and whats that nanoha line thind at the bottom?? Juice pending?? ok ill think ill be takin the stares this time..hehe..
I'll try to make it as simple as possible. Let's say there are a lot of fans of the pairing of say Nanoha and Fate. The producers, knowing this, gives the fans of the pairing some fanservice mainly thru the two girls' lovey-dovey antics in the earlier seasons. This, of course, gives the yuri fans reasons to go gaga over the pairing even more. HOWEVER, in truth, Nanoha and Fate are NOT in a romantic relationship. Therefore, the fans are satisfied (somehow), but they do not actually get what they want (Which is the NanohaXFate pairing).

Oh, and by the way, the heterolationship supporters are not put down because of official info. AND it is also a way of getting more fans=watchers.

Did my explanation work?

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-24 at 01:31.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 23:55   Link #432
Hiddenryuu

Send a message via AIM to Hiddenryuu Send a message via MSN to Hiddenryuu
Well, I read some interesting things about how people feel about StrikerS, personally, I'm really looking forward to StrikerS. In the 3 short eps there were things I liked and I didn't like so much.

Grown up Nanoha , Fate! And Fate barrier jacket actually looks good, instead being loli-bait.

The pace is a little slow, but it's setting up is okay.

Some of the new character I'm really looking forward to.

Dislikes:

Hayate's rank and power, I always thought the lamest thing is the I got this so now I'm more powerful! That always bugged me ever since I read it in wiki. Having a Lost Logia as a weapon is reason to be powerful, but MORE powerful than Nanoha and Fate??? Come on...

That dragon pokemon thing, kinda looks a little silly IMHO.

The power levels. Power levels tend to ruin anime... there's already been too many reference to it and it's only 3 eps.

I hope Fate doesn't get overshadow by all this mess, she's my favorite character...that's a personal bias.

Now for some spoilerz stuff

Spoiler for Nanoha StrikerS eps 1-3:
Hiddenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 00:02   Link #433
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh, and by the way, the heterolationship supporters are not put down because of official info. AND it is also a way of getting more fans=watchers.
What official info?

@Hiddenryuu

What's wrong with Hayate being stronger than Nanoha and Fate?

(BRB after 5 hours...)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-24 at 01:25.
Old 2007-04-24, 00:03   Link #434
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
and whats that nanoha line thind at the bottom?? Juice pending?? ok ill think ill be takin the stares this time..hehe..
What Chaos and Aaron said. Though Chaos's sound just as vague as mind lol.

As for that...well, let's just say I write fanfics as well, and even though I'm in a temporary vacation/retirement due to examinations and whatnot, it doesn't stop me from thinking up plotlines for fanfics.

That line is pretty much one line from a Nanoha-fanfic idea, where Yuuno literally uses up all his Linker Core and life energy to channel an SS+ rank suicide attack to defeat the l33t enemy who mind-wiped Nanoha. And his "death" triggered Nanoha's memory to return, even though the enemy survived the suicide bomb.

Of course, Yuuno doesn't really "die" in the end, but I love making my male characters in my fanfics suffer a whole lot before gaining his "happy" ending. As for the Shinn one... let's just say my love for Kira Yamato puts me in a situation where I often kills him in the most dramatic manner.

And while Hayate is stronger than Fate and Nanoha, frankly, I still think that Nanoha's the real shonen-bomb of the series. Hayate's strong, but half her strength came from "destiny" as she literally gets the best deal of Ancient Velka, which seems to be highly revered by TSAB, since apparently all 3 of the A.V user are pretty damn strong, and it's insinuated Hayate's the weakest of the 3. I'm fairly confident that Fate went through Precia's Hell Kitchen and some sick training to be as strong as she is at 9. Nanoha? She's trained by an somewhere A-ish rank SUPPORT mage pretty casually and in a short period of time either.

Old 2007-04-24, 00:18   Link #435
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What official info?
Oh that. *readies anti-flame armor against attacks by NxF fans* It's the official info that Nanoha and Fate are not really in a romantic relationship. All attempts of those who think otherwise aside, I'm logically positive that they won't be giving Nanoha a romantic interest anytime soon. Not Fate anyway. The producers are milking the two's popularity for all their worth. They keep the fanservice up to satisfy one side, while they don't really give something conclusive to avoid the alienation of those who have different views. It's all for profit, after all.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-24 at 01:31.
Old 2007-04-24, 00:51   Link #436
murklins

Quote:
Oh that. *readies anti-flame armor against attacks by NxF fans* It's the official info that Nanoha and Fate are not really in a romantic relationship. All attempts of those who think otherwise aside, I'm logiacally positive that they won't be giving Nanoha a romantic interest anytime soon. Not Fate anyway. The producers are milking the two's popularity for all their worth. They keep the fanservice up to satisfy one side, while they don't really give something conclusive to avoid the alienation of those who have different views. It's all for profit, after all.
For all intents and purposes, fanservice = relationship. You're right that nothing is going to advance beyond fanservice level, but they ARE stringing us along carefully and deliberately. If you doubt that, just look at the character designs again. Moe~.

As for my earlier post about fanservice, I view fanservice as both sexual things and references to other shows. Basically, anything that doesn't have a purpose other than pleasing fans. Ecchi aside, it seems like they stepped up the mecha references, at least... the only one I know of from A's is Vita's Goldion Hammer while Subaru is tossing them out left and right in StrikerS. Maybe someone can correct me on that?
murklins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 01:12   Link #437
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by murklins View Post
For all intents and purposes, fanservice = relationship. You're right that nothing is going to advance beyond fanservice level, but they ARE stringing us along carefully and deliberately. If you doubt that, just look at the character designs again. Moe~.
Righttttt.

You know, the same rule applies to yaoi-ish fanservice as well. Just like how they keep reaffirming the "we are one" thing in Getbackers for Ban and Ginji, the psuedo-husband-wifey relationship of Kazuki and Kakei, or how there's more emotional man-to-man do-ra-ma with Athrun/Kira than any other and how Freedom and Justice held hands with that "look". Munsu and Won Sul also had more "sparks" between them. Don't get me started on Prince of Tennis. But in the end, it doesn't bring about anything. Naturally, in the long history of anime, there had been VERY FEW who defied the natural way to deal with such "double-edged sword", but Nanoha doesn't even look like it wants to go out of the box.

You're right. It signifies relationship. It's also always the one that gets the most attention for the part of the fandom that matters. But just because there are heaps of it doesn't mean that the relationship is "evolving". Besides, Nanoha-verse keeps "insisting" on the "we're greatttt friends like a family" thing.

I'm not dismissing it's possibility. I don't know about others, but I myself is ready for the worst case non-hetero scenario. It's just that at this point, all it looks like is nothing more than a bunch of asthetic fanservice that shows their strong friendship. :P

Old 2007-04-24, 01:27   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Oh that. *readies anti-flame armor against attacks by NxF fans* It's the official info that Nanoha and Fate are not really in a romantic relationship. All attempts of those who think otherwise aside, I'm logiacally positive that they won't be giving Nanoha a romantic interest anytime soon. Not Fate anyway. The producers are milking the two's popularity for all their worth. They keep the fanservice up to satisfy one side, while they don't really give something conclusive to avoid the alienation of those who have different views. It's all for profit, after all.

*Cast Fire resistance buff*

Ahhh~ And for the moment I was worry...

@Nightengale

I did that on purpose
Old 2007-04-24, 01:36   Link #439
murklins

Aaron008R says no one is in an official relationship because it's all fanservice; I'm saying all relationships with fanservice are official to varying amounts. Simple as that, basic difference of opinion thing. I just phrased it poorly.
murklins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 01:42   Link #440
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by murklins View Post
Aaron008R says no one is in an official relationship because it's all fanservice; I'm saying all relationships with fanservice are official to varying amounts. Simple as that, basic difference of opinion thing. I just phrased it poorly.
Ah, no, no. I wasn't meaning that. I was saying that fanservice alone doesn't amount to a ROMANTIC relationship. It wasn't about official familial/friendly/etc. relationships. Maybe my phrasing didn't suit the message as well as I thought. Sorry.