AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2007-05-11, 09:17   Link #961
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
That depends , I have been doing so much analysing for communitcation systems that I can do it much faster on paper for the normal run of Fourier then with Matlab. So in theory with this as a bases, for cantrips it may be more effective for a mage to do a spell without device.

No comment
Well then, then you should also know that as you add more layers to the Fourier equation, it gets exceedingly long. I used it as an example, because when you already have pre-written programs in Matlab (aka Intelligent Devices), it is extremely much faster to get a result than to manually do it by hand (not to mention the amount of paper saved ).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-11, 09:27   Link #962
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well then, then you should also know that as you add more layers to the Fourier equation, it gets exceedingly long. I used it as an example, because when you already have pre-written programs in Matlab (aka Intelligent Devices), it is extremely much faster to get a result than to manually do it by hand (not to mention the amount of paper saved ).

Cheers.
For some of those ridicously complex functions like autocorrelated random processes(Starlight Breaker) I would agree with you 100%. Since I used matlab for one of those 3 hours ago . But for some thing like a sin function(basic protection spell) then it is a waste of time to use an ID ( Nanoha's no incantion Protection against Vita in Ep 1 A's), unless it gives you a more clear defined output.
Old 2007-05-11, 10:36   Link #963
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Hmm... Ok another section earmarked for compression to Tech thread later. And sorry I'm kinda busy witht he OC thread so the tech dept has got to wait for a while...
Old 2007-05-11, 10:48   Link #964
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
For some of those ridicously complex functions like autocorrelated random processes(Starlight Breaker) I would agree with you 100%. Since I used matlab for one of those 3 hours ago . But for some thing like a sin function(basic protection spell) then it is a waste of time to use an ID ( Nanoha's no incantion Protection against Vita in Ep 1 A's), unless it gives you a more clear defined output.
E-yup, that would be the basic gist of it. The formulas will be brain-boggling at first, but once you use it long enough, you will start to know it by heart. Nanoha's a war-beaten veteran, so it stands to reason that she can mentally fire off "basic-level" spells. For scrubs like Subaru and Erio though, having their Intelligent Devices is a HUGE upgrade to their current capabilities.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-12, 04:42   Link #965
CrazyPerson

Another thing about the equations getting easier and faster to do the more you do them, the variables in the spells may change every time it's used. Maybe it uses the same formula for a spell, but the variables may change depending on power, angle, charge time, number of shots, direction, etc. So even if familiar with the spells, the act of calculating them might be hard, but a device would act like a calculator, input variables and go!
CrazyPerson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 08:20   Link #966
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Plus the fact that the times when you need to cast a simple protection spell is when there's enemies attacking you that you have to be keeping track of, plus whatever attacks they've thrown that may or may not be homing-missle types, plus whoever and whatever else is on the battlefield. Having the ID deal with the logic of casting your spells frees you to concentrate more on the nutcase who's trying to take your head off.
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 21:50   Link #967
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdRINow8HY

All the transformation parodies in one...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 08:30   Link #968
mugener

Question I don't understand, why there are so little votes in ep. poll???

It seems that Nanoha board always has more viewings then other recent anime boards,

not only that, Nanoha SS's each ep thread posts are also far more then other recent anime boards.

Then why there are so little votes in ep. poll???

is there any problem with poll system???
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 08:34   Link #969
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shrug* Not really, I simply don't vote in the polls. I enjoy partaking in the discussions more then voting how good I found the episode.

As for the number of posts, you'll see that the greater part of the posts is done by only a small group of members.
Old 2007-05-15, 13:08   Link #970
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*shrug* Not really, I simply don't vote in the polls. I enjoy partaking in the discussions more then voting how good I found the episode.

As for the number of posts, you'll see that the greater part of the posts is done by only a small group of members.
*looks guilty* :uh-oh:

I do vote in the Favorite Characters thread, I believe you all can guess its for who.

--->

Guess it'll be a while before the fire returns to this place. Man, if Hayate's harisen is SS, Nanoha forum Mods are SSS to have frozen pretty much everyone in place.
Old 2007-05-15, 13:24   Link #971
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*looks guilty* :uh-oh:

I do vote in the Favorite Characters thread, I believe you all can guess its for who.
Oh, I voted in the favourite characters thread (quick guess who) but I don't rate episodes untill I've watched them a few times.

Quote:
Guess it'll be a while before the fire returns to this place. Man, if Hayate's harisen is SS, Nanoha forum Mods are SSS to have frozen pretty much everyone in place.
Moderator spell list:

Deletion: Power: A+ Range: B Speed C+

Warning: Power: AAA Range: A Speed: B
Aditional effect: When combined with Deletion, Warning power is increased.

Warning Breaker: Power: S Range: S Speed: S
Aditional effect: Strikes fear in even the most couragous or numerous army.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:41   Link #972
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Let's kick start a new dot point. When was Erio discovered from a facility? Cos from what he said in epi 5/6, it's seems to be an awfully short time for him to "learn magic" from the time he "became aware of his surroundings" if he was discovered only 2 years before StrikerS. I read that somewhere, but need confirmation.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:44   Link #973
Ottocycle

I doubt so. I remember the early chapter of the A's to StrikerS which featured little Erio, and I do believe back in that chapter, the part of the timeline was still 6 years after the end of A's. Therefore making Erio being acquainted with Fate at least 4 years before the start of StrikerS, given the familiarity with which Erio spoke to Fate over the intercom(or whatever that screen was).
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 19:58   Link #974
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

The way Fate introduce him to the rest of the gang suggest that it was a recent thing... So I'm thinking 1 month or so should be the longest...

Unless the whole gang haven't seen each other for a long time...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 20:41   Link #975
Aaron008R

But I aslo remember Hayate (or Shamal?) mentioning about him growing so fast. I'm willing to bet on at least five years.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 00:14   Link #976
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Here's something that's got me thinking for the past few days and it has to do with both Carol and Lutecia.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 00:20   Link #977
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
Here's something that's got me thinking for the past few days and it has to do with both Carol and Lutecia.

Spoiler:

You and 70% of the people here.

Me? I'll go for "not-related-by-blood" ...

... Suddenly it became my preference for many things... Uh oh...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 00:24   Link #978
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post

Spoiler:
yea it could be true, although
Spoiler for lutecia and caro:

even i thought they were sisters at first, but then she's just a product of an experiment...oh wells
Old 2007-05-16, 01:13   Link #979
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I'm sticking to the Mwu-Rau relationship. After all, they even have a version of the Newtype reaction!
Old 2007-05-16, 01:53   Link #980
CrazyPerson

I'd just randomly like to point out that Lutecia has Fate's eyes. So...Jail tried to make a summoner from Carol's village using Fate's DNA? You guys can work with the eye thing.
CrazyPerson is online now   Reply With Quote