AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 11:42   Link #161
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
MILF-Fate X Oneesan-Nanoha FOREVER

any other pairing will disregarded and unacknowledge by all Nanaho fans.
Alas, you are not representative of ALL Nanoha fans.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:52   Link #162
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
MILF-Fate X Oneesan-Nanoha FOREVER

any other pairing will disregarded and unacknowledge by all Nanaho fans.
There may be only 300 of us Heterotans compared to the hundreds of thousands of your kind, but we are mighty, and do not falter to majority.

Your threat doesn't scare us.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:25   Link #163
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There may be only 300 of us Heterotans compared to the hundreds of thousands of your kind, but we are mighty, and do not falter to majority.

What is this, Sparta?
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:27   Link #164
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
What is this, Sparta?
THE 300--- they die at the end LOL
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:38   Link #165
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
The big reason why fans think Chrono liked Nanoha back in season 1 was due to how shy he was towards Nanoha.
Spoiler for とらハ:

Well, as for me, I'm all for even a slightest bit of Yuuno's appearance...
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 12:44   Link #166
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Our name is Legion: for we are many

We will crush your puny 300

*rep points for the first to get the ref i made
Old 2007-04-05, 12:55   Link #167
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

The Gospel?

Regardless, twas a joke. Let's not derail this into a chatty-ish talk and go on a war on differing opinions. It's what makes each of us special anyway.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 14:33   Link #168
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Fate is actually rather inflexible. She is incredibly weak at long range against mobile targets and concentrates the most upon her strong close to medium range attacks.

Her linear movement, both in her own and her attack's, is something that leans towards predictability. This is also one of the reasons why she is weak at long range. Changing directions to avoid attacks is more effective the closer one is to his/her opponent, and linear attacks at such range are much easier to avoid. Linear attacks are most effective at medium range, where they can most take advantage of thier increased speed and ranged capability but without having to deal with their relatively predictable flight path.
Nanoha has divine/accel shooter for skirmish, divine buster for heavy attack and sniping, excelion buster for heavier attack, and starlight breaker for ultrahard immobile targets. In other words, she has one skirmishing attack and a progression of increasingly powerful beam attacks. That's it. That's predictable. And what's more linear than a bunch of beams?

Signum's even worse. She has one non-weapon attack, storm wave, that looks to have pretty limited range. Her ranged attacks are powerful but slow and useless for skirmishing. Pretty much all she's got is 'blow them apart with her bow or beat them to death in CC.'

Fate has both light skirmishing spells and heavy and ultraheavy beams (they may be worse than Nanoha's but they still allow her to fill that tactical niche for long-range attacks capable of defeating most enemies' defenses). She has an entire category of intermediate-role spells, heavy projectiles like thunder blade and phalanx shift, that're only used by her and Chrono, and wide-area attacks like thunder rage. She may be specialized in CC, but she's passable at everything. In terms of flexibility she's exceeded only by Chrono with his addition of useful binds to the mix.

As far as her movement style goes she's plenty good at making an indirect approach. Her best attacks on Signum were made by circling around behind and above her while she was dealing with projectiles.

Quote:

*rep points for the first to get the ref i made
"Our yurilolis will blot out the sun!"

Oh, you meant the legion thing. I thought 300 seemed too easy. That's really extensively-used though. I'm just gonna pick my favorite and go with... hm... the Chaos Space Marines. It's originally from the Gospel of Mark though.

Wikipedia says 5:9.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:34   Link #169
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
i mean even i fighured out that chrono was attracted to amy even before a's was even fishing but when you see them in the last 5 minute part of the last epsiode of A's how even more beuatufil they both grown up and they were even closer since they were allways together,
So far, none of you have given a reason other than you see them together. And I would like to point out that tons of anime have a male and female 'seen together alot' but aren't couples.

Quote:
, i mean thiere was no chance in hell of these two being with someone else, i know most anime fans always look for twists and turns but most of the times, things are just out in the open where everyone just has to open their eyes and see it right in front of their faces!!!!!!!!

I'm not attempting to twist, if it's there it's there. But my problem is that I can't see it!!!

Go on, point out a scene.

P.S - Somehow, I would like to think that there's more than 300 of us out there...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:41   Link #170
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Nanoha has divine/accel shooter for skirmish, divine buster for heavy attack and sniping, excelion buster for heavier attack, and starlight breaker for ultrahard immobile targets. In other words, she has one skirmishing attack and a progression of increasingly powerful beam attacks. That's it. That's predictable. And what's more linear than a bunch of beams?
Beams are more flexible and faster than linear projectiles, and become a much better form of ranged attack at longer ranges. Divine/Accel Shooter by itself offers more variety than any of Fate's spells.
Quote:
Signum's even worse. She has one non-weapon attack, storm wave, that looks to have pretty limited range. Her ranged attacks are powerful but slow and useless for skirmishing. Pretty much all she's got is 'blow them apart with her bow or beat them to death in CC.'
Signum also has the Snake form of her weapon, which makes her very formidable in short-mid to medium range combat. Although slow, she is still fast enough to dodge some attacks, and is also very capable of blocking attacks.

The nature of Signum makes it so that she doesn't have to move much, and instead force movement upon her opponent.
Quote:
Fate has both light skirmishing spells and heavy and ultraheavy beams (they may be worse than Nanoha's but they still allow her to fill that tactical niche for long-range attacks capable of defeating most enemies' defenses). She has an entire category of intermediate-role spells, heavy projectiles like thunder blade and phalanx shift, that're only used by her and Chrono, and wide-area attacks like thunder rage. She may be specialized in CC, but she's passable at everything. In terms of flexibility she's exceeded only by Chrono with his addition of useful binds to the mix.
Her spells are rather specialized, and because of this, she doesn't adapt well to changing distances between herself and her opponent. At fixed distances, she's very effective. In between these distances, not so much.
Quote:
As far as her movement style goes she's plenty good at making an indirect approach. Her best attacks on Signum were made by circling around behind and above her while she was dealing with projectiles.
There's alot of tricks Fate can utilize to make her seem less predictible. However, she's still more predictable compared to most other characters.

As for your example, yes, Fate can take advantage of indirect approaches due to her high speed. She is still taking advantage of her high-speed linear movement, but disallowed her opponent from taking advantage of the predictability of such movement by placing an attack to distract her. It's an extremely common(yet effective) tactic.

In any case, what are we arguing about? Can you point out exactly what you disagree with before presenting arguements for your case?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:56   Link #171
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Given the series' propensity to suddenly have a character pull out a new and unexpected attack from nowhere (I mean, really; until those scenes in A's, who expected Signum to have the Storm Falcon bow, or Fate to have the sword form for Bardiche, or for Raising Heart to be able to turn into a spear?), I'm not sure if it's even possible to compare how versatile people are in the Nanoha-verse.

Even in the first episode of StrikerS, there was nothing to indicate that Teana could turn people invisible or make illusory clones of herself, until the moment came. I"m expecting to encounter even more surprises as the show goes on.

We may even see Yuuno pull out a huge beam attack or something and make us all go O_O.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The [HQ] releases will come in time. MSLN StrikerS is not some obscure anime that nobody likes. There is a lot of interest in it. I am far more concerned about the translation quality at this point, and it is my deciding factor at this point.
I'm not sure, fansub trends have surprised me at times.

I mean, we had a zillion fansubbers for Bleach, but only a.f.k. for Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:46   Link #172
Woden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So far, none of you have given a reason other than you see them together. And I would like to point out that tons of anime have a male and female 'seen together alot' but aren't couples.
While personally enjoying other pairings a bit more, I would have to say that the Ami and Chrono scenes are a bit more than just being "seen together." We have the hair brush scene, which COULD be explained by other factors. Chrono and Ami do seem to spend a lot of time together, and they have the whole "knew each other in school" thing that Japan seems to like so much. There's also that scene with the juice in A's, which seems a bit too strange to be just two friends sitting next to each other. Chrono also seems a bit more open around Ami.

Then again, who knows. Hopefully something will show up detailing things a bit more.
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:06   Link #173
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
In any case, what are we arguing about? Can you point out exactly what you disagree with before presenting arguements for your case?
I disagree that Fate is inflexible. I think after Chrono (who trained her after all) and YnS (who is stupidly powerful in all roles) she is the most flexible.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:35   Link #174
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
I disagree that Fate is inflexible. I think after Chrono (who trained her after all) and YnS (who is stupidly powerful in all roles) she is the most flexible.
I guess inflexible was the wrong word to use. What I meant was not exactly that.

She performs well at very specific ranges, but more poorly outside of those ranges. Nanoha is comparatively flexible in that she can perform well at any range. Fate, however, can quickly move into her more stronger ranges to offset this disadvantage. However, she still has difficulty attacking from these ranges.

In terms of variety of spells, Fate is very flexible. I can agree on this part. I just don't believe this translates into positional flexibility.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:11   Link #175
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Well in the anime itself, a character has it advantage and disadvantage. A long ranged attacking personel will be weak in short range attack. Whereas a short range attacking personel is weaker in long range type.

You can't really have both advantage. From my point of view, Nanoha belongs to the far range attacks type while Fate will be most likely in the short range type. Though they both have short and long range attacks type... That's just my thoughts ...

By whatever the reason, I would be expecting quite a few things from this StrikerS... Though the 1st esp. is mainly on the intro of new characters, Am not too disappointed with the storyline till now.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:30   Link #176
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As much as I would like to denial it, but Chrono isn't in the OP (yet).

After watching it again, the only man that you could have mistaken for Chrono/Kyon/Yuuichi would most probably be this guy...

Am I right?

EDIT: Don't you hate it when you think you're the first to answer, only to have two people beat you to the punch because you type slower and was looking for the picture?

EDIT2:
@humbug23
There were 1 other adult male in the Op as well, and I don't mean Zafila...
yes yes thats the guy
so it isn"t Chrono??
that sucks
cool screenshot by the way
and he does look like Yuuichi
Old 2007-04-06, 00:56   Link #177
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
Well in the anime itself, a character has it advantage and disadvantage. A long ranged attacking personel will be weak in short range attack. Whereas a short range attacking personel is weaker in long range type.
Well, yes, all characters do have advantages and disadvantages. That doesn't mean that the specific advantage and disadvantage has to do with close/long range. It's possible for it to be something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
You can't really have both advantage. From my point of view, Nanoha belongs to the far range attacks type while Fate will be most likely in the short range type. Though they both have short and long range attacks type... That's just my thoughts ...
Chrono seems very effective at all ranges. His weakness is in the fact that he doesn't seem particularly fast nor powerful. He often relies on deception and manipulation to win encounters.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:21   Link #178
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

One thing I'd like to, see this season though it won't happen is a rematch between both Fate and Signum.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:51   Link #179
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
One thing I'd like to, see this season though it won't happen is a rematch between both Fate and Signum.

Sure it would

Once Signum gets fed up with babysitting Elio and Carol...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 05:53   Link #180
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post

THE 300--- they die at the end LOL
Not before dragging thousands down with them