AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-06, 17:01   Link #141
Lumir

Wow this series has just kept me at the edge of my seat all the way through. L's death was orchastrated well. And i also felt those scenes from his childhood represented some future occurance.

I also noticed the biblical refrences in the "foot" scenes.

You know an intresting thought i had was, if there are death gods, and notes to kill people, were is the opposite? You know like is there something like the Life Note, were people that find it can save and ultimatly bring people back to life?...

What im getting at is were is the other end of the death note and shinigamis. It would be quite intresting if they involved angels or a new life note of some sort...
Old 2007-04-06, 23:47   Link #142
mycen

I wonder what would have happened if it was L, not Light, who found the Death Note. Would he have used it like Light? Could the siutation be reversed (Light and company leading the investigation to find the alternate Kira ) if that were so?
I was under the impression that using the Death Note would ultimately corrupt a human soul and Light was never really an evil person in the first place..
Old 2007-04-07, 05:40   Link #143
acm

I would have liked this episode much more if it made more sense. It was not as I expected it to be, not at all.

Spoiler for 25:
Old 2007-04-07, 05:55   Link #144
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by acm View Post
Spoiler for 25:
That's the one thing I've also been wondering about. Misa made the "eye-deal" in ep 24 in order to be able to see L's name but ends up not using them for whatever reasons...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yes, that would be possible. But it wouldn't make a difference for Rem, she would die anyway since killing the criminal would also lengthen Misa's lifespan, so why not kill L in the first place; he might continue to pursue Misa even when the criminal is dead.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, Misa got the lifespan of the Death God who saved her added to her own. We got no idea how long it was, she might just have a few more hundred years to live, even after having made the eye-deal twice.

Quote:
Spoiler:
But it's there and it's meaning is not for us mortals to question.
Old 2007-04-07, 08:57   Link #145
acm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
Well, Misa got the lifespan of the Death God who saved her added to her own. We got no idea how long it was, she might just have a few more hundred years to live, even after having made the eye-deal twice.
Well, then Misa got the life-span of Rem as well now, so she might as well survive all of them even with 10 more eyes deals

Or does the new owner of Rem's book (Light) get the additional life?
Old 2007-04-07, 11:51   Link #146
Lendial

stunning, but where can the story go from here seeing as light's only true threat is gone.
Old 2007-04-07, 12:17   Link #147
akoftroy

Quote:
I would have liked this episode much more if it made more sense. It was not as I expected it to be, not at all.

Spoiler for 25:
Did you think that L would show himself to Misa when he suspects her? This was made clear in the manga and I think they did say in the anime how she wasn't allowed back in. And why would Light do that when he was confident the plan he used would work, which it did. Also, nobody knows where Watari is.(though in the anime they made it seem like he was in the same building)

One thing that the anime left out that was very important was L saying he might make whoever he caught with a Death Note write their own name into the book to prove its effectiveness. Since the lifespan Shinigami see doesn't account for deaths by the note, Rem then had no idea when Misa would actually die.
Old 2007-04-07, 14:43   Link #148
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Ugh... I should be going to sleep instead of doing this but... this episode really left me with some questions.

The opening was beautiful. The animation, the art. I have to admit, I don't think it looked like Death Note at all... it was too melancholic. With all those damn youtube spoiler comments I knew what was going to happen in this episode and I knew this had to be a flashback of L's past so I paid close attention to it, being an L fan.

But exactly what did that opening sequence mean? It's really bothering me I had to find somewhere that people might give me answers and hints so I came here.

Spoiler:

There's also a second scene I want to draw attention to ... and that's the scene that follows straight after. I would have liked to know exactly what was L's response to Watari. I'm hoping in the new episodes we get more hints about it.

Spoiler:

I do have to note as some of you pointed out... L looks a lot "cuter" in this episode and it's probably to make him more human and appealing. The rooftop part where he's telling Light he can't hear what he's saying. The part where he's watching Light dry his hair (after he says, "That's true, I'm sorry.") Visually I think he's looking his best in this episode.

There's one more question and it's proooobably a big spoiler and one I might be asked to edit out of my post (please let me know... I'm not intentionally spoiling it for people. No it has nothing to do with the movie... I don't know if it has anything to do with the Manga. It's just about L's name -)

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 14:49   Link #149
acm

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoftroy View Post
Did you think that L would show himself to Misa when he suspects her? This was made clear in the manga and I think they did say in the anime how she wasn't allowed back in.
Well, then why did Misa take the deal a second time if she knew she would never be able to get back in? Doesn't sound very convincing to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoftroy View Post
One thing that the anime left out that was very important was L saying he might make whoever he caught with a Death Note write their own name into the book to prove its effectiveness. Since the lifespan Shinigami see doesn't account for deaths by the note, Rem then had no idea when Misa would actually die.
I think letting criminals write in the Death Note for proofs is a very bad idea. How can you guarantee that they don't write someone else's name there? The explanation why the President of the United States dropped dead because someone 'tested' the Death Note will be pretty tough
Old 2007-04-07, 14:52   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katakami View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 16:25   Link #151
Anime5

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 17:55   Link #152
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This was indeed a very good episode but I found ep 24 to be better IMO..The whole L washing and massaging Light's feet was a bit too weird to me (even for L)...And I thought that eventhough L knew deep-down Light was Kira it would have been nice had we seen a definitive scene of Light smirking or giving acknowledgement while L still had enuff conciousness to register it...

The way Light played Rem was brilliant (I actually had predicted that Rem would play him go figure), and as everyone has said the animation and artistic expression this episode was too much, too good (The drawing of the bear cookies was l33t^^)...I can't believe I'm watching a program where the apparent antagonist is actually the protagonist with everyone who wants to adhere to moral justice being the bumps in his road...Light no longer has any moral compass to speak of and has succumb to the sheer intoxication of winning (Part of me is still not sure he's actually won)...Is L really dead? He sure looks dead, but please forgive my blissful ignorance manga readers...somehow I'm not content that he is indeed dead yet...All the backstory flashbacks also seemed too disjointed and unexplained for me to get the true meaning behind them...

So while this ep was indeed awesome (as most have been) some OOC moments from L and some disjointed elements had me giving it a 8/10...As great as it was a few scene changes and//or explanations would have made it a tad bit better...Unlike ep 24 I thought this ep had a couple of notciable flaws...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo View Post
And the way L died was perfect. There was no surprise in his eyes like Ray Penbar, or sadness like Penbar's fiance. He knew he was right all along, and he knew exactly how it was going to end.
You see I disagree..Even though L is this crazy person he's still a person and a visual acknowledgment of the fact he found Kira and was even his friend would have enhanced him dying; would have felt more human IMO, rather than this souless acceptance he seemed to emit...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-04-07 at 18:17. Reason: more...
Old 2007-04-07, 18:37   Link #153
akoftroy

Quote:
Well, then why did Misa take the deal a second time if she knew she would never be able to get back in? Doesn't sound very convincing to me...

I think letting criminals write in the Death Note for proofs is a very bad idea. How can you guarantee that they don't write someone else's name there? The explanation why the President of the United States dropped dead because someone 'tested' the Death Note will be pretty tough
For the first one, I guess it's not explained well enough in the anime but EVERYTHING that has happened has been Light's plan from the beginning to control Rem. Light nudged things along in a certain way knowing that Misa would get the eyes and this would put the pressure on Rem. And your questioning is rather pointless anyway. You're asking why Light didn't use some other plan when the plan he did use worked flawlessly.

While making criminals write in the death note is dangerous, the statement seals up any plot holes related to Rem's knowledge of Misa's remaining lifespan and thus was a brilliant nugget of plotty-goodness. Plus if a criminal's defense is that he's not guilty because the Death Note doesn't work, writing in the President's name doesn't exactly help his case, does it? I think from a Japanese point of view, the person would be expected to take the "honorable way out."

As for the Watari question someone brought up. I think that was just L asking Watari to find a country that would allow them to test the DN on criminals. That's the only thing that makes sense but the scene was really weird. Plus there's no way Watari would be in the same building because he's supposed to be an insurance policy incase people at the headquarters die. And why would he delete his data if he's just on the next floor?
Old 2007-04-07, 19:17   Link #154
azn_mick

This episode is very special compared to others. However, It's very sad to see L dying because it's my favorite character. But i don't understand what the meaning of the sound of the bell that L heard ? Meaning of the death ?

I have i lot of question which affect me : we see in this episode the past of L with watari but what is the link? where does L come from? Father? Mother ? Orphan ?
In the foot scene, when L cleans Light foot, what does it means ?
Old 2007-04-07, 20:59   Link #155
Lendial

as mentioned before its a biblical reference, and also to encourage light/L yaoi fanfic.
Old 2007-04-08, 18:47   Link #156
Mr JeburtO

wow what an episode it was perfect, will be interesting to see the direction the series takes now with 12 episodes left.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-09, 08:47   Link #157
yahoosoda

I never liked the conclusion of the manga / anime with regard to a certain someone's death. When I got to that part in the manga all interest in the series faded for me. After his death, it seems like everything was tacked on just to reach a conclusion.

In this regard, I think the movies were far better than the anime / manga.

Death Note: The Last Name

It was a very good conclusion to the series, particularly knowing who the last name is in the death note. The movie also answered one of the more important moral questions regarding Kira and the Death Note, something that the anime had a hard time reaching.
Old 2007-04-09, 17:28   Link #158
silence.l

im soooooooo sad
Old 2007-04-10, 14:26   Link #159
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

It has already been spoiled but I'll still use the tags.

Spoiler:

With this show, nothing is impossible. I have got to try the manga version.
Old 2007-04-10, 14:42   Link #160
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Quote:

Spoiler for 25:
Answers
Spoiler: