AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 18:05   Link #21
SpiRo
Banned

OK but they r still Gamas children .. they existed before Naruto i think that Jiraiya knew about them ..

And once when Manda die or whatever his children will be strongest .. i understand that ..

But at this point with Manda still alive ..

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-05 at 18:15.
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:18   Link #22
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Manda is not the only snake.

Just like summon will summon a powered up Gamakichi (remember, new generation stronger than the old one and all that crap), Sasuke will summon a good natured powerful snake. (even if he turns evil, I don't see Sasuke making that sort of sacrifices)
Well first off, I doubt there is a "good natured" snake, unlike the toads, the snakes all seem to be highly aggressive and dangerous... only snakes i can see being "good natured" are weaker snakes like garden snakes or some such... However, this is a moot point, Sasuke doesn't need a good natured snake he just needs one that will serve him without added cost...

However, one thing that must be asked is, What good will a non-manda snake do for sasuke, especially agianst Naruto?... even if Sasuke gets the second most powerful snake to serve him, Naruto can always top it Gamabunta... Gamakichi might become Nartuo's common personal summon, but it won't be his most powerful. If Sasuke's snake were to beat whatever Naruto summons, Naruto would just summon Gamabunta who will not be too happy about one of his kids getting beaten up.

Boss summons are pretty much the only ones who can take on another boss summon, anything less will probably just get beaten
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:40   Link #23
Rahan

Well I can't help but think Bunta and Manda are way too big to fight against single ninjas. I see them more as a siege units than infantry. So far, we have only seen them fight against themselves or againt Shukaku who was the same size as Bunta. It's probably not a coincidence if the only summon who actually fought against humans was human sized (Enma, even if we could argue Kishi didn't want to bring King Kong into the Narutoverse)

Sure a cannon can blow up the area where your target is, but if you target a single man, you are better off with a gun.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:44   Link #24
zwolf

i just thought of a way sauske could rip off Manda of shadow clone transform

you are a
zwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:51   Link #25
Slayerx

Quote:
Well I can't help but think Bunta and Manda are way too big to fight against single ninjas. I see them more as a siege units than infantry. So far, we have only seen them fight against themselves or againt Shukaku who was the same size as Bunta. It's probably not a coincidence if the only summon who actually fought against humans was human sized (Enma, even if we could argue Kishi didn't want to bring King Kong into the Narutoverse)
the thing is, though it sounds true, in the narutoverse there is something off about it... I mean, look at the sannin fight for instance... Tsunade felt the need to summon Katsyu to fight against Oro... Oro precived it as enough of a threat to Summon Manda... and Jiriaya saw manda in turn as enough threat to summon gamabunta...

Now, if the big summons were no good against a single ninja then Tsusnade would have had no reason to summon Katsyu to fight Oro... In turn, If Katsyu wasn't a useful against a single ninja, Oro wouldn't have summoned Manda since he would have been better off without him (espeically when you consider the risk he took summoning manda), and the same goes for Jiraiya... Bascially, all three of them concluded that the boss summons were a serious threat to a single ninja...

One thing i think we might not see is the speed those summons attack at... They may seem really big and slow, but when you go back to human scale they are actually quite fast, afterall, there not just animals, but animal with ninja skills... I guess it's most comparable to a fly vs human... fly maybe fast but as much as it buzzes around it will eventually get swatted... and technically that comparisons is unblanced in that Ninjas can't fly around like flies (thus more limited in movement), and Summons are much more skilled in terms of speed and reaction time then humans (probably a few other problems with that analogy, but i think you get my point)

We can also consider the area effect of their attacks... take Gamabunta/jiariya's flame combination for instance... because Manda is on the same size scale as Gamabunta, this area and speed seems normal and thus he can easily dodged it; however, go onto the human scale and the area of effect and the speed of that attack is MUCH greater... with such speed and HUGE area of effect, The chances of a lone ninja being able to guard/evade such an attack is incredibly slim, especially when you conisder that an attack this nature on the human scale can be normally seen as very dangerous... i mean, you got a better chance of getting away for diedara's specialtiy explosion

So ya, thinking about the destructive potential of those jutsus, they seem like serious overkill and better for a seige... but overall, it's still seems VERY dangerous agianst a lone ninja...and if i had to guess, the chakra needed to summon something may be less chkra then what the summoning itself has in them, making it a rather nice trade...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-04-08 at 03:07.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 06:46   Link #26
SpiRo
Banned

Actually it way Jiraiya who was all the time trying to summon Gamabunta .. When Tsunade started summoning Katsuyu, then Kabuto told to Oro to summon Manda and then Jiraiya summond Bunta.
Old 2007-04-08, 07:41   Link #27
kheldorin

I hope Sasuke doesn't summon Manda. It just doesn't fit into his style of fighting. Smaller snakes or if Manda has an alternate form like the 3rd's summon would be great though.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 09:53   Link #28
reloaded
skywalker

The only scenario i could see sasuke summoning Manda is if he runs into Naruto and Sakura with both naruto and sakura calling out their summons first, would be like the sannin fight scene just with the sannins students this time.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 15:04   Link #29
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Aykana View Post
no no no no my sasuke will not be a snake master
__________________________________________________ _
stupid humans can't under stand love
Take it easy, i'll bet there's a lot of other creatures he can summon.
Old 2007-04-08, 17:40   Link #30
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
It be cool if sasuke summons manda in you mind to kill you....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:41   Link #31
MobiuS

Sasuke's summon is a mosquito ... just flies around you and bugs you ... just like the real Sasuke.

Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:05   Link #32
XTC
what makes YOU perfect?

^^ bit of a sasuke fan are u?
I suppose it would be nice for sasuke to have something different than manda or snakes in general. I doubt sasuke would want anything that made him resemble oro anyway
Old 2007-04-08, 19:10   Link #33
Rahan

Hmm, just realized Kishimoto foreshadowed this matter.

Spoiler:

This is the cover of Chapter ... 004. Of course, he got 7 years to change his mind.
Old 2007-04-08, 19:16   Link #34
XTC
what makes YOU perfect?

well it's been hinted at throught the whole series that team seven would be the new sannin. with all of them being taught by their respected counter parts, but let's hope that we don't have another ero sannin around lol
Old 2007-04-08, 19:17   Link #35
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
well it's been hinted at throught the whole series that team seven would be the new sannin. with all of them being taught by their respected counter parts, but let's hope that we don't have another ero sannin around lol
Yup, but he got the Snake before the sannins were even introduced. On chapter 1, he was riding a bird, so maybe he had already that hawk crap Sasuke told Oro in mind. Kakashi was the one riding the frog though.
Old 2007-04-08, 21:35   Link #36
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Yup, but he got the Snake before the sannins were even introduced. On chapter 1, he was riding a bird, so maybe he had already that hawk crap Sasuke told Oro in mind. Kakashi was the one riding the frog though.
he is the a student of the fourth.... I was wondering can you have more than one blood pacts, or can you change your mind later...?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:05   Link #37
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
he is the a student of the fourth.... I was wondering can you have more than one blood pacts, or can you change your mind later...?
That was never explained, but by seeing every ninja in the series summon one type of animal I would say one pact for one person.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:08   Link #38
SpiRo
Banned

hmmm .. i hope he can summon Hawk .. i just wanna see another boss

Manda is strong but human sacrfices for summon, Sasuke wont do that ..

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-09 at 00:59.
Old 2007-04-09, 08:41   Link #39
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Hmm, just realized Kishimoto foreshadowed this matter.

Spoiler:

This is the cover of Chapter ... 004. Of course, he got 7 years to change his mind.
I don't like the way Naruto looks there, he looks a bit skinny
Old 2007-04-09, 09:13   Link #40
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
the thing is, though it sounds true, in the narutoverse there is something off about it... I mean, look at the sannin fight for instance... Tsunade felt the need to summon Katsyu to fight against Oro... Oro precived it as enough of a threat to Summon Manda... and Jiriaya saw manda in turn as enough threat to summon gamabunta...

Now, if the big summons were no good against a single ninja then Tsusnade would have had no reason to summon Katsyu to fight Oro... In turn, If Katsyu wasn't a useful against a single ninja, Oro wouldn't have summoned Manda since he would have been better off without him (espeically when you consider the risk he took summoning manda), and the same goes for Jiraiya... Bascially, all three of them concluded that the boss summons were a serious threat to a single ninja...

One thing i think we might not see is the speed those summons attack at... They may seem really big and slow, but when you go back to human scale they are actually quite fast, afterall, there not just animals, but animal with ninja skills... I guess it's most comparable to a fly vs human... fly maybe fast but as much as it buzzes around it will eventually get swatted... and technically that comparisons is unblanced in that Ninjas can't fly around like flies (thus more limited in movement), and Summons are much more skilled in terms of speed and reaction time then humans (probably a few other problems with that analogy, but i think you get my point)

We can also consider the area effect of their attacks... take Gamabunta/jiariya's flame combination for instance... because Manda is on the same size scale as Gamabunta, this area and speed seems normal and thus he can easily dodged it; however, go onto the human scale and the area of effect and the speed of that attack is MUCH greater... with such speed and HUGE area of effect, The chances of a lone ninja being able to guard/evade such an attack is incredibly slim, especially when you conisder that an attack this nature on the human scale can be normally seen as very dangerous... i mean, you got a better chance of getting away for diedara's specialtiy explosion

So ya, thinking about the destructive potential of those jutsus, they seem like serious overkill and better for a seige... but overall, it's still seems VERY dangerous agianst a lone ninja...and if i had to guess, the chakra needed to summon something may be less chkra then what the summoning itself has in them, making it a rather nice trade...
First off, why the Sanin in the battle decided to Summon their Godzilla class summon? Maybe because Tsunade started the chain reaction? Or maybe because each of them knew they were facing a Sannin and it was best to call them up?

What I don’t think is that they will Summon those Godzilla class summon to take on single Shinoby, because apart from the huge deal of chakra they cost, is how Gamabunta and Manda seems to be very picky to do what their “master” tell them to do. I don’t think size here is of much importance as we have seen how Oro have Summoned big snake for just Team 7.

Regarding Sasuke, I don’t see no reason why he shouldn’t summon a Snake, that he can summon Manda is another question, but knowing how things are, People should not get frustrated to see Sasuke summoning Manda and on top of that Manda acting as a puppy in front of him.