AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-07, 14:34   Link #21
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
As we know that Itachi told sasuke that he killed uchiha clan to test his strength. we can understanding that killing top Uchiha's Anbu was to test this strength but what it has to do with killing little children and elders which cant be compared to itachi. why was every uchiha at home or in the village the night itachi killed his clan? why didnt any Uchiha's Anbu had any mission that night he might have survived?



Was itachi killing his own clan to prove his own strength or to prove his loyalty to akatsuki or someone else?????

We still dont know that itachi is loyal to akatsuki or not because if its about money uchiha clan was rich and popular. I think he doesnt have the same motive as akatsuki and probability is that he is working for someone else other than akatsuki.

Itachi is one of the most mysterious character we never know could wat kisi has next for itachi......
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:03   Link #22
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
it would be an interesting twist if there turns out to be other people of the clan that survived and are in hidin or something. I don't think this question will be fully answered though until Sasuke or someone defeats Itachi.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:29   Link #23
Ryuujin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Demon View Post
why was every uchiha at home or in the village the night itachi killed his clan? why didnt any Uchiha's Anbu had any mission that night he might have survived?
That's a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
As for that night, there are still other points, but will only mention one:

-Apparently, both elders and kids were also killed. Not something that a "fighter trying to tests his abilities" would be particularly interested into.

Did the manga actually show any children?

Was that self censorship or.. there weren't any to begin with (aside of Sasuke)?
I doubt Sasuke was the only child in the clan at the time...

I agree with your point entirely, though. Killing women and children is like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel, it's no test of one's abilities (save perhaps your cruelty). To be honest, Itachi's behavior just doesn't seem to add up with what he is supposed to have did. Someone who slaughtered that many people in cold blood wouldn't kick a woman instead of stabbing her, or flee at the prospect of serious resistance (which he did. Twice). His comments about "not wanting to start a war" are odd too (especially when you consider the actions of other members of Akatsuki).

Personally, I've got a suspicion that Itachi is not responsible, but he manipulated Sasuke into thinking so for reasons currently unknown.
__________________

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:35   Link #24
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
That's a good question.


I doubt Sasuke was the only child in the clan at the time...

I agree with your point entirely, though. Killing women and children is like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel, it's no test of one's abilities (save perhaps your cruelty). To be honest, Itachi's behavior just doesn't seem to add up with what he is supposed to have did. Someone who slaughtered that many people in cold blood wouldn't kick a woman instead of stabbing her, or flee at the prospect of serious resistance (which he did. Twice). His comments about "not wanting to start a war" are odd too (especially when you consider the actions of other members of Akatsuki).

Personally, I've got a suspicion that Itachi is not responsible, but he manipulated Sasuke into thinking so for reasons currently unknown.
that would be a great twist to the story. Quick write to Kishimoto so he can add it later in the manga
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 18:10   Link #25
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
Well, you can't expect Itachi to be babysitting Sasuke while he goes out for revenge. He probably cut ties with his brother for the same reason Sasuke cut ties with Naruto, he is a burden and a liability. If Sasuke went to Oro for power, perhaps Itachi went to Akatsuki for the same thing. They are brothers after all, and I think the steps they took in life would closely mirror each other.
I agree withi you, sasukes path does somewhat mirro itachi's i think that sasuke will realize that when he faces itachi and remember that his father told him to to follow itachi's footsteps. which i think was talking about itachi's search for more power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
well there is also the tengu theory ( i dont have the link to it but it is a really well thought out one)

I liked that theory too, if it is true then i think it will take a long time to explain that in the manga. maybe that is kishi's back up plan for if he wants to prolong naruto
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 19:14   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Demon View Post
As we know that Itachi told sasuke that he killed uchiha clan to test his strength. we can understanding that killing top Uchiha's Anbu was to test this strength but what it has to do with killing little children and elders which cant be compared to itachi. why was every uchiha at home or in the village the night itachi killed his clan? why didnt any Uchiha's Anbu had any mission that night he might have survived?
I've heard it said that what Itachi said specifically is that he wanted to test his utsuwa or "capacity" which can be taken several different ways. You could take it as a measure of strength or you could take it that he wanted to test his capacity to destroy what had meaning to him. In other words, his motive might've been "Just how far am I willing to go to ".Once he proved to himself that he was willing to sacrifice everything, he could gain power without any restrictions.


Quote:
We still dont know that itachi is loyal to akatsuki or not because if its about money uchiha clan was rich and popular. I think he doesnt have the same motive as akatsuki and probability is that he is working for someone else other than akatsuki.
The Uchiha clan was definitely respected. I don't know about rich. They were the police force. If their salary was comparable to what police officers make in the real-world "rich" wouldn't be the definition I would give. But yeah, I think it's safe to say that money is the least of Itachi's motivations for joining Akatsuki.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
That's a good question.


I doubt Sasuke was the only child in the clan at the time...

I agree with your point entirely, though. Killing women and children is like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel, it's no test of one's abilities (save perhaps your cruelty). To be honest, Itachi's behavior just doesn't seem to add up with what he is supposed to have did.
Last I heard, women are perfectly capable as ninjas. Even Sasuke's housewife mom is listed as a jounin. As for children, well, Itachi was still a child himself when he committed the murder. However, there were almost certainly non-combatants that Itachi really had no reason to kill. Like I said, the test most likely wasn't purely a test of strength, but a test of capacity.


Quote:
Someone who slaughtered that many people in cold blood wouldn't kick a woman instead of stabbing her, or flee at the prospect of serious resistance (which he did. Twice). His comments about "not wanting to start a war" are odd too (especially when you consider the actions of other members of Akatsuki).

Personally, I've got a suspicion that Itachi is not responsible, but he manipulated Sasuke into thinking so for reasons currently unknown.
I think you misintepret Itachi's actions as mercy. He kicked Kurenai because she escaped his genjutsu in time to duck the kunai stab. Kicking was probably the quickest follow-up attack (that's the impression I got from watching the fight animated) . But I think it's safe to say that he would've killed her soon after if Kakashi hadn't shown. And he almost blew her to bits with an exploding KB but was saved again. Itachi made it clear that he wanted all of them dead when Kakashi revealed that he knew of Akatsuki. The only reason they were spared was because Gai showed up and said ANBU would be arriving. There was no reason to stay and fight because it wouldn't bring them any closer to capturing the Kyuubi. Once the Kyuubi was captured, they would have no business in Konoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
it would be an interesting twist if there turns out to be other people of the clan that survived and are in hidin or something. I don't think this question will be fully answered though until Sasuke or someone defeats Itachi.
It would be a plothole. How would you explain Konoha not noticing missing Uchiha among the bodies? Also, it would make Sasuke's revenge pointless IMO.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 22:08   Link #27
Ryuujin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think you misintepret Itachi's actions as mercy. He kicked Kurenai because she escaped his genjutsu in time to duck the kunai stab. Kicking was probably the quickest follow-up attack (that's the impression I got from watching the fight animated) . But I think it's safe to say that he would've killed her soon after if Kakashi hadn't shown. And he almost blew her to bits with an exploding KB but was saved again. Itachi made it clear that he wanted all of them dead when Kakashi revealed that he knew of Akatsuki. The only reason they were spared was because Gai showed up and said ANBU would be arriving. There was no reason to stay and fight because it wouldn't bring them any closer to capturing the Kyuubi. Once the Kyuubi was captured, they would have no business in Konoha.
Touche on the Kurenai thing. Been a long time since I read that part, but the episode just aired on TV today...
__________________

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:00   Link #28
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
Did the manga actually show any children?

Was that self censorship or.. there weren't any to begin with (aside of Sasuke)?
I really doubt Sasuke was the only Kid in Uchiha clan, so the author just didn't show Kids corpses. For Itachi to test his "capacities", could be not just a test of Physical capacity, but also a test of Psychological capacity, in this case, be heartless enough to kill anyone regardless who it is. Ninjas are not suppose to have emotions, they are suppose to be killing tools.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 22:53   Link #29
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
isnt it awkward that why itachi wanted to test his capacity of strength and psycology by killing his own clan.... As we know that u dont have to be a murder to join akatsuki. All u need is to be powerful, which he was so then why would he kill his on clan which doesnt make sense. If he wanted to akatsuki he would without killing anyone because he was Anbu captain at the age of 12.

Now from here on its confusing again if he didnt kill his clan just to join the akatsuki then why he did it. Simply to measure his own capacity but he doesnt have to he was a Anbu captain at 12. Its more likely that he killed his clan to test his psycologicaly affects not just for himself or probably he did to the charater that we still havent heard of.....

i think his capacity was higher than anyon in the whole village so then why would test capacity when there as no one to challenge his strength and killing your best friend is not easy, even sasuke hesitated to kill naruto....

some guy wrote very interesting theory about Uchiha Clan history...

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=106576
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 09:24   Link #30
A_AQUARE
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: somewhere in Asia........
then i ask one stupid question....... why din he find uchiha mandara instead or his already dead??? i'm sure hell be a way better chalenge!!!
A_AQUARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 20:16   Link #31
M-Doc4204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exclamation The True Uchiha Clan

Hey guys I found this very very belivable theory on the history of the Uchiha Clan, the REAL history. It also answers the grand question of why Itachi massacured his clan. I got it from a forum on another site so enjoy:

"Hyuuga clan is one of the oldest clans in Konoha. They have been there ever since the establishment of the hidden village. Many years ago there was a girl from Hyuuga clan who fell in love with an outsider. She decided to marry herself to the young man despite the strong protests from her own clan. But this man was no ordinary human. In fact, this man was not a human at all. His name was Sojobo. He was the King of Tengu.

There were two types of tengus, Karasu tengu (a crow-like creature with beak and wings) and Konoha tengu (also known as Yamabushi tengu). Sojobo was a Konoha tengu. He had long nose and white hair with a pair of black wings on his back. As the King of Tengu, Sojobo possessed some very mystical powers. He carried a fan made of Fatsia leaf that could create a storm (therefore people sometimes call this type of leaf as Tengu no Uchiwa or Tengu’s fan). He could teleport himself or any other things from one place to another. He could also communicate with people telepathically or even invade their minds and drive them to madness. Besides, Sojobo was also known for his shapeshifting ability. He sometimes transformed himself into human to interact with people.


Anyway, this girl from Hyuuga was in love with Sojobo taking the human form without knowing his true identity. She married him shortly after they met each other. A year or two later, she was pregnant and gave birth to their first son. Sojobo named this son Uchiha, Uchiha Madara, after Uchiwa which means fan. And of course as we know, fan also later became the symbol of this new clan.

Everything was good. Uchiha Madara soon grew up to become a very powerful shinobi. He not only inherited the Kekkei Genkai from his mother but with the Tengu blood inside him the Byakugan had evolved into an even more dreadful form—the Sharingan! This new bloodline had 2 levels: Normal Sharingan and Mangekyou Sharingan. Like his tengu father, Madara possessed some incredible magical powers. He was able to use telepathy to invade people’s minds, or even teleport himself across a short distance. When he turned on the Mangekyou Sharingan (he had the normal Sharingan on 24/7 just like his Hyuuga kin), the eyes would further intensify his powers and bring him even closer to a tengu form. He had developed 3 jutsus under this state, namely Tsukiyomi (to control people’s minds and drive them insane), Amaterasu (to teleport objects into another dimension)* and Susanoo (to create a storm like the one created by the Tengu’s fan).

Because of his bravery and almost unparalleled powers, Madara soon became a hero in his people’s eyes despite the fact that he was just a teenager at that time. He became very close friends with Shodaime and together they took up the responsibility to protect the village. Madara founded the first police force in Konoha and swore to protect his people with his own life.

But good things do not last long. As Madara was about to reach his adulthood, Sojobo began to reveal his true intention. Sojobo didn’t marry the girl from Hyuuga out of love. He was only looking for a perfect body, a container (probably to achieve greater powers), and he figured the best way was to create one with his own blood. He was planning on taking over Madara’s body once he reached his adulthood. It didn’t take Uchiha Madara long to find out this appalling truth. He felt a mixture of shock and anger. He felt he was being used but he wasn’t going to give in such easily, at least not without a fight. But Madara knew only too well that no matter how strong he was he stood no chance against the King of Tengu. Out of desperation he sought for the legendary Bijuu—Kyuubi (the God of Fire).

Kyuubi was very impressed by Madara’s abilities. A secret pact was made and Kyuubi agreed to lend his power and chakra to Uchiha Madara. Soon Madara mastered the katon and he could even cast a dark fire that would burn for 7 days and 7 nights after performing the Amaterasu. But even with these newly gained powers and a huge supply of chakra from the Kyuubi, Uchiha Madara was only able to beat his demon father by a hair's breadth. He couldn’t finish him once and for all but only managed to seal him up. However, the seal he used was a very special one. To break the seal it requires the Kyuubi's chakra and also not one but 3 Uchiha members who can wield the Mangekyou Sharingan. Each MS user has to cast a different MS jutsu at the same time and when the 3 jutsus--Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo--combine, the great evil will be unleashed. It's a tall order and Madara thought it would be enough to seal up the demon for eternity. But what Madara didn’t anticipate was that this seal itself would bring a bloody massacre upon his own clan many decades later…

Here I will derail a bit and talk about the friendship between Shodaime and Madara. When Shodai found out about the secret pact between Madara and Kyuubi he was enraged. He thought it was hunger for greater power that led his best friend to the Kyuubi. Madara didn’t explain to him either because he didn’t want anyone to know he was a half-demon. Conflicts began to appear between the two who were once close to each other. The intense hostility eventually resulted in a great battle at the Valley of the End. (You might thought that I depicted Madara as too strong a character and therefore be skeptical that Shodai could rival both MS and Kyuubi’s power at the same time. Well you better not forget that Shodai had the ability to suppress Kyuubi’s chakra and his darkness jutsu and suiton might be very good counter-moves to Madara's Sharingan and katon respectively as well.)

Alright, now back to the story. Many years had come into past since Sojobo was sealed. The tengu’s blood in Uchiha clan was now no longer as pure as it once was. It was gradually being “diluted” by constant marriages with non-Uchihas over the generations. Now even the Normal Sharingan was possessed by only the elite few among Uchihas, let alone the Mangekyou Sharingan. But the dark history of the clan was anything but forgotten. A tengu shrine was built underneath the Nakano temple by some of the early Uchihas to keep all the secrets of the clan inside (including killing your loved one to gain MS which was discovered by some later Uchiha). Once an Uchiha member was thought to be reliable enough he would be informed about the secret meeting place and it would then become his life-long obligation to keep these secrets from outsiders. The Uchihas considered this dark history as a huge disgrace and swore to protect the glory and dignity of their clan with their lives no matter what happened.

20 years ago, a new member was born into an Uchiha family. He soon proved himself to be a very special one, even by the high standards of the Uchiha. He graduated at the top of his class at age 7, mastered the Sharingan at 8, became a Chunin at 10 and an ANBU squad leader at 13. His name was Uchiha Itachi. As Itachi was selected to become an ANBU his father Fugaku felt that it was the right time to tell him everything. Itachi learned about the Mangekyou Sharingan and the origin of his clan from his father. Deep inside his mind, something evil was taking shape…

One night, when all men of Uchiha were supposed to gather at the secret meeting place two of them were absent. Itachi lured his best friend Uchiha Shisui to the Nakano river and started his horrendous plan. He killed Shisui on that night and obtained the accursed eye powers—Mangekyou Sharingan. The next day when people found Uchiha Shisui’s body they also found a suicide note grabbed in his hand. But of course this note wasn’t really written by Shisui. Itachi forged his handwriting with the Sharingan to make it looked like a suicide. What was written on the note is important because it reflected Itachi's feeling at that time.

Always living with fear—fear that people may find out the secrets of their clan, fear that people may know Uchihas are actually descendants of demon—they all swore to take the secrets with them to the graveyard. This was the miserable life of every Uchiha member. Itachi was tired of all these. He could see no future for his clan. He didn’t understand why his people felt ashamed of their own past. He didn’t understand why his people didn’t see their superiority to the normal human beings. He didn’t understand why his people decided to seal up such a great power and not to use it. Itachi had lost all his hope for the Uchiha clan because of the pathetic “path” they had chosen.

From the moment Itachi heard about the origin of his clan he felt a weird sense of pleasure and superiority. He felt he was somehow more special than the others. Then his sick and twisted mind had gone even further. He wanted to set the tengu free. He was willing to sacrifice his body in exchange for probably the strongest power the world had ever seen. He was ready to offer his body to the Tengu King.

Soon Itachi had put his thoughts into action. When he learned about the Akatsuki’s plan to capture the Bijuus he decided to join them. He needed their help to get the Kyuubi’s chakra. But that’s not all. Itachi still had to find another 2 MS users. After awhile, he came across a second MS user who agreed to help him carry out his plan. Now all he needed was the third and last MS user.

Itachi knew his clan members would never kill their loved ones to get MS. He despised them. They were a bunch of cowards, useless …oh wait, Itachi suddenly came up with an idea—he could still use them to achieve his purpose. He could use them to make his little brother the third MS user…

On a full-moon night, the ancient blood inside Itachi finally awakened and he had completely lost his mind. He killed his entire clan including his parents. Then he waited for his little brother Sasuke to come home. He wanted him to know he was the one who did it. He used Tsukiyomi on his brother to make sure such a traumatic picture would stay with him for the rest of his life. He wanted Sasuke to hate him. He wanted Sasuke to hate him enough to kill his own friend and activate the Mangekyou Sharingan. He told him about the secret meeting place so that he would find out everything. He wanted Sasuke to take the path he had paved for him—the path of an avenger..."

on the site, which is http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=106576, it also give eveidence to its truth in the manga issues. So how u like dem apples????????????
M-Doc4204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 22:55   Link #32
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
I don't think Kishimoto will go that in detail, but some aspects in this might be true. I see something in the line that something happened within the Hyuuga clan...maybe a forbidden love interest, which lead to having two branches. This link also talks about an area of Hyuuga and has some other info. Anyways apparently the grandson of the strongest God settled in the area of Hyuuga then he fell in love with a Princess Konoha-Sakuya. So really I believe that the Hyuuga is a representation of the formation of Konoha. They are called the "oldest and most noblest of clan equal to Uchihas" Also all the names so far in the Hyuuga seems to fit with the myhtology of Hyuga as all their names refer to the sun and the founder of Hyuga was the son of the sun goddess Amaterasu-Ohmikami, who is the strongest the gods. Amaterasu is one of the techniques of MS, which you could use as a possible connection between Uchiha and Hyuga clans.

http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~aosima/english-yuisyo.html

http://www.harapan.co.jp/english/miy...princesses.htm

Ironically afew of character's name actually appears to come from the Hyuga mythology. Including a province named Nara and a sacred spring called sakuragawa (Sakura is within the name).

Actually Kishimoto has used referances to many historical figures and mythology in his writings. He referances Tales of the Gallant Jiraiya (has Tsunada and Orochimaru in it) and he referances Sarutobi Sasuke more than once. For example Sarutobi Asuma and Uchiha Sasuke are both have names referancing Sarutobi Sasuke.

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2007-04-16 at 00:00.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:21   Link #33
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I've heard it said that what Itachi said specifically is that he wanted to test his utsuwa or "capacity" which can be taken several different ways. You could take it as a measure of strength or you could take it that he wanted to test his capacity to destroy what had meaning to him. In other words, his motive might've been "Just how far am I willing to go to ".Once he proved to himself that he was willing to sacrifice everything, he could gain power without any restrictions.




The Uchiha clan was definitely respected. I don't know about rich. They were the police force. If their salary was comparable to what police officers make in the real-world "rich" wouldn't be the definition I would give. But yeah, I think it's safe to say that money is the least of Itachi's motivations for joining Akatsuki.




Last I heard, women are perfectly capable as ninjas. Even Sasuke's housewife mom is listed as a jounin. As for children, well, Itachi was still a child himself when he committed the murder. However, there were almost certainly non-combatants that Itachi really had no reason to kill. Like I said, the test most likely wasn't purely a test of strength, but a test of capacity.




I think you misintepret Itachi's actions as mercy. He kicked Kurenai because she escaped his genjutsu in time to duck the kunai stab. Kicking was probably the quickest follow-up attack (that's the impression I got from watching the fight animated) . But I think it's safe to say that he would've killed her soon after if Kakashi hadn't shown. And he almost blew her to bits with an exploding KB but was saved again. Itachi made it clear that he wanted all of them dead when Kakashi revealed that he knew of Akatsuki. The only reason they were spared was because Gai showed up and said ANBU would be arriving. There was no reason to stay and fight because it wouldn't bring them any closer to capturing the Kyuubi. Once the Kyuubi was captured, they would have no business in Konoha.



It would be a plothole. How would you explain Konoha not noticing missing Uchiha among the bodies? Also, it would make Sasuke's revenge pointless IMO.
It would actually be easy to explain one more survivor...a baby is found in a bush or something and is raised..., but I agree I don't see that happening. It would be an interesting twist, but kind of lame at the same time
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 00:07   Link #34
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Itachi seems a kind person....runs away from battles...(i'll bet he wants a hug) the massacre seems pretty fake i to me.

Like some mentioned: "Just coincidence that EVERY living Uchiha was back home not even some near some Hyuuga or the Hokage" not only that.

No one even noticed in Konoha about 80-100 shinobi+normal villagers scream or die.

Wait there is more...their Sharingan (for most Uchiha's) couldnt even predict 1 counter or attack. Itachi didnt seem tired at all...and probably waited for hours till Sasuke would return....still without anyone to notice.

Yes, the Uchiha were living in a sound proof area. Also not even one Hyuuga was practicing his Byakugan and noticed dozens of chakra sources disappear or die.

All just a coincidence. If Itachi killed everyone he encountered i would be live it but...such a massacre and then such a nice formal greeting (Asuma, Kurenai) makes things unbelieveable.

To our eyes (except from the massacre scene) he hasnt killed one person. Tsuykomi has fooled all readers...we all keep reading the same genjutsu .

The massacre was done by more then just one person and not by Itachi. I'll bet he cried like hell when he killed his best friend. And got support from a certain man or Akatsuki.
Spoiler for scene:


He is such a nice brother
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 02:24   Link #35
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
I slightly agree with you. I mean everytime Itachi gets a glance at Sasuke. It is almost like kind brother to.....give my own brother hell.

But yeah I agree that Itachi was probably threatened by someone stronger than him. And was forced into Akatsuki.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:19   Link #36
Ryuujin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Like some mentioned: "Just coincidence that EVERY living Uchiha was back home not even some near some Hyuuga or the Hokage" not only that.
Exactly. There weren't any Uchiha officers on patrol elsewhere in the village, no one visiting friends, no students staying late at the academy to study, no one out on missions, etc...
__________________

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:09   Link #37
xPresagio
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Doc4204 View Post
<SNIP> .... it also give eveidence to its truth in the manga issues. So how u like dem apples????????????
If you check the previous posts, would notice that we are already quite aware of the Tengu story and a possible relation with the Uchiha secret.

The problem with theories that portray Itachi as a wacko that one day just felt like killing everyone is, because it doesn't quite match his personality and common behavior.

If he was just the kind of person that wants to fight strong opponents, then he has wasted several years already, considering that is surrounded by 8 of the most powerful nin of the world. Even if we were to assume that he is the strongest of all of them and feels all high and mighty, why not to pick a fight with 2 or 3 at the same time?

Wait, better yet. All at the same time.

Hell, even during his rather small confrontation with Oro, neither of them went all out. And we already know that he practiced the legendary skill of his clan when things got difficult with Jiraya and Konoha.

Or are we saying that he is just a petty vandal that likes to pick onto the weak, and prefer to enter in "tactical" (aka fear) mode when he faces a tough opponent?

That's obviously not the case. Whatever happened that night, the only thing we can be 100% sure is, that things weren't just like Itachi said. There were other factors involved. Again, at this point, there is absolutely nothing that even proves for certain that Itachi did the killing.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:56   Link #38
M-Doc4204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
If you check the previous posts, would notice that we are already quite aware of the Tengu story and a possible relation with the Uchiha secret.

The problem with theories that portray Itachi as a wacko that one day just felt like killing everyone is, because it doesn't quite match his personality and common behavior.

If he was just the kind of person that wants to fight strong opponents, then he has wasted several years already, considering that is surrounded by 8 of the most powerful nin of the world. Even if we were to assume that he is the strongest of all of them and feels all high and mighty, why not to pick a fight with 2 or 3 at the same time?

Wait, better yet. All at the same time.

Hell, even during his rather small confrontation with Oro, neither of them went all out. And we already know that he practiced the legendary skill of his clan when things got difficult with Jiraya and Konoha.

Or are we saying that he is just a petty vandal that likes to pick onto the weak, and prefer to enter in "tactical" (aka fear) mode when he faces a tough opponent?

That's obviously not the case. Whatever happened that night, the only thing we can be 100% sure is, that things weren't just like Itachi said. There were other factors involved. Again, at this point, there is absolutely nothing that even proves for certain that Itachi did the killing.
I don't think Itachi killed everyone just for the hell of it, I feel it was because he was ashamed of what it had become. The Uchiha clan has a certin arrogance about the as if their supiror to all others and if the Tengu story is true (I think its about 80% accurate) then they all have demon blood in them that the clan is ashamed of. Now if u take Itachi's Uchihca arrogence and the fact that they have a demon heritage then in his mind he would feel that they are more than human and should be treated as such causing him to hate what his clan has become. Now as far as him killing his whole village and no one noticing u have to remember he had the mankengo sharingan (however u spell it) which allows him to manipulate time and space. Now using this he would have been able to trap people in his jutsu and kill them in seconds without them making a sound.

P.S. Please excuse the spelling I'm doing this from my phone in school
M-Doc4204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 14:40   Link #39
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
If you check the previous posts, would notice that we are already quite aware of the Tengu story and a possible relation with the Uchiha secret.

The problem with theories that portray Itachi as a wacko that one day just felt like killing everyone is, because it doesn't quite match his personality and common behavior.

If he was just the kind of person that wants to fight strong opponents, then he has wasted several years already, considering that is surrounded by 8 of the most powerful nin of the world. Even if we were to assume that he is the strongest of all of them and feels all high and mighty, why not to pick a fight with 2 or 3 at the same time?
Wait, better yet. All at the same time.

Hell, even during his rather small confrontation with Oro, neither of them went all out. And we already know that he practiced the legendary skill of his clan when things got difficult with Jiraya and Konoha.

Or are we saying that he is just a petty vandal that likes to pick onto the weak, and prefer to enter in "tactical" (aka fear) mode when he faces a tough opponent?

That's obviously not the case. Whatever happened that night, the only thing we can be 100% sure is, that things weren't just like Itachi said. There were other factors involved. Again, at this point, there is absolutely nothing that even proves for certain that Itachi did the killing.
So you assume that Akatsuki's members are the strongest in the Naruto world? Everyone of them are slowly being killed by chuunins, genin & jounins...then what about the Kage lvl fighters such as the kages or Sannin?

The fact that they lose so quickly and die so shortly after eachother means to me that Akatsuki's era is comming to an end. And Naruto isnt even a chuunin yet..
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 14:58   Link #40
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Doc4204 View Post
I don't think Itachi killed everyone just for the hell of it, I feel it was because he was ashamed of what it had become. The Uchiha clan has a certin arrogance about the as if their supiror to all others and if the Tengu story is true (I think its about 80% accurate) then they all have demon blood in them that the clan is ashamed of. Now if u take Itachi's Uchihca arrogence and the fact that they have a demon heritage then in his mind he would feel that they are more than human and should be treated as such causing him to hate what his clan has become. Now as far as him killing his whole village and no one noticing u have to remember he had the mankengo sharingan (however u spell it) which allows him to manipulate time and space. Now using this he would have been able to trap people in his jutsu and kill them in seconds without them making a sound.

P.S. Please excuse the spelling I'm doing this from my phone in school
I think it's alot less than 80% of the Tengu story would be incorporated into Naruto. I agree it does appear that Kishimoto got some of his ideas on the Tengu story, but I mentioned that alot of it also appears to be based on the formation of Konoha and the province of Hyuga. My theory is that the Hyuga clan was originally meant to symbolize the formation of Konoha. It's even mentioned that the Hyuga was the oldest clan. Remember I mentioned that Amaterasu-Ohmikami told her son to form the provine of Hyuga, which also fits with this theory. I actually believe that originally Kishimoto took Itachi's Amaterasu as a way to connect the two clans, probably referring to the goddess that sent her son who settled in Hyuga and married Princess Konoha. I think he than began to do more research and saw the Tengu story and came up with a "cursed" Blood Line.
Now if you look at the Hyuga mythology and begin to see that Amaterasu was also the sister to another god. Tsukuyomi-no-kami, which is the moon God. So if one looks at this sibling relationship and if the Byakugan and Sharingan is related one could see how the BL are relative cousins to each other. Ame-no-Uzume-no-mikoto I guess you can also tie into Hyuga as she was the goddess the brought back light luring Amaterasu out with a mirror. The Byakugan kind of reminds me of a mirror. Currently who is in darkness? Sasuke and Itachi and Itachi uses Amaterasu, thus maybe it turns out to be a Hyuga that brings Sasuke or Itachi back to the light. Anyways one can see how you can use other parts of Japanese mythology and come up with more theories
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.