AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-11, 08:44   Link #241
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
All of your scenario's with Skane's got be thinking on an unusual crossover:
Not really a crossover, more of a 'what if' behind the scenes thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
And how is that an upgrade ? *cough*
Only a few people get special 'passes'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Ripped off from Kanon Yuuichi/Makoto conversation
Yup! Thats the whole point

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
The funny thing is, I can actually see Chrono doing that. The man is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita. That alone opens up A LOT of possibilities.
And they damn well better keep that potential!

@LoweGear
It's probably just a simple barrier protection... Nothing fancy...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 08:45   Link #242
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
- What was that shield that was covering those three girls that Fate talked to in the airport, right before she covered them with Defensor Plus (on another note, Bardiche's voice is mind-blowingly awesome as always )
That was Subaru's onee-chan's spell. Probably some sort of field spell to dispell the heat or something.

Edit: Late…

Last edited by Meophist; 2007-04-11 at 08:59.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:37   Link #243
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The 97th Non-Administered World
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
All of your scenario's with Skane's got be thinking on an unusual crossover:

*Later, Fate visits Chrono's empty room to deliver a report.*

*Sees an unusual magazine in his bunk with a blonde haired bishounen with sexy scantily clad lusty women in the background entitled "The Playboy's Guide to Combat Techniques, Tactics and Strategy by Kurz Weber"*

*Activates Bardiche*

Fate: Chrono-niichan....
Oh, that has SO many possibilities in it...

Kaname: Sousuke, you warmongering IDIOT!! *breaks out the Harisen*
Vita: Does that work?
Kaname: NO! He doesn't learn a thing no matter what I do!
Vita: Try this.
Graf Eisen: GIGA FORM.
Sousuke: !! *standing at full attention, but sweating heavily*

Celio: Commander? The representative from Mithril is here.
Hayate: Thank you, Celio. Please show her in. *looks back to the papers on her desk*
*Fate and Nanoha are standing next to her doing the same*
Tessa: Please excuse the interruption.
Hayate: *still looking* I keep telling you, Riin, you don't have to be so formal.
Rein: I didn't say that.
*The Three Aces look at her, blink, then look behind them*
Tessa: Ummm... hello?
Rein: Ah! Welcome to Riot 6!
Tessa: ... *stares wide eyed at the 6-inch tall Rein hovering in front of her*
*The Three Aces stare at the silver-haired Tessa, then at the silver-haired Rein, then back at Tessa*

Last edited by Loner; 2007-04-11 at 10:07.
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:47   Link #244
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@LoweGear
It's probably just a simple barrier protection... Nothing fancy...
IMHO that act alone shows two things:

1) Genya and his wife brought their children up well. Even in a crisis, Ginga didn't forget to protect her fellow civilians even though she was probably just as frightened as they are, and that she still needed to find her cry-baby sister urgently.

2) Though Nanoha and friends have been doing barriers since the age of 9, we should remember that they are superhumans who are not bonded by normal laws . I don't know what's the standard there in Midchilda, but to me establishing a stand-alone barrier is pretty neat stuff for a normal 12-yo child (even if she is a mage).

@Skane: I'm very sure that Strada's point spins. Give some time and I'll find the exact timing where it shows that!

Till then, cheerios!
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:57   Link #245
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
IMHO that act alone shows two things:

1) Genya and his wife brought their children up well. Even in a crisis, Ginga didn't forget to protect her fellow civilians even though she was probably just as frightened as they are, and that she still needed to find her cry-baby sister urgently.

2) Though Nanoha and friends have been doing barriers since the age of 9, we should remember that they are superhumans who are not bonded by normal laws . I don't know what's the standard there in Midchilda, but to me establishing a stand-alone barrier is pretty neat stuff for a normal 12-yo child (even if she is a mage).

@Skane: I'm very sure that Strada's point spins. Give some time and I'll find the exact timing where it shows that!

Till then, cheerios!
Good points on Ginga there, no wonder she got through the ranks VERY quickly...

And I also noticed that spinning (when he is falling, but just before he drives Strada into the ground), but it looked more like Elio spun the Strada incredibly fast, rather than Strada having any spinning parts. Either way, it still spun.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 10:03   Link #246
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
If you're talking about the scene where Erio smashes Strada into the road, I checked that scene frame by frame and Strada did not spin. You may have been confused by the wind spinning around Strada.

Prior to that scene, when Erio is descending from the sky, Strada loaded one cartridge, but still no spinning either.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 10:39   Link #247
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Oh, that has SO many possibilities in it...

Kaname: Sousuke, you warmongering IDIOT!! *breaks out the Harisen*
Vita: Does that work?
Kaname: NO! He doesn't learn a thing no matter what I do!
Vita: Try this.
Graf Eisen: GIGA FORM.
Sousuke: !! *standing at full attention, but sweating heavily*

Celio: Commander? The representative from Mithril is here.
Hayate: Thank you, Celio. Please show her in. *looks back to the papers on her desk*
*Fate and Nanoha are standing next to her doing the same*
Tessa: Please excuse the interruption.
Hayate: *still looking* I keep telling you, Riin, you don't have to be so formal.
Rein: I didn't say that.
*The Three Aces look at her, blink, then look behind them*
Tessa: Ummm... hello?
Rein: Ah! Welcome to Riot 6!
Tessa: ... *stares wide eyed at the 6-inch tall Rein hovering in front of her*
*The Three Aces stare at the silver-haired Tessa, then at the silver-haired Rein, then back at Tessa*
Off-Topic: This makes me wish that I had watched Full Metal Panic

On-Topic (Well, sort of): I've been wanting to pull this off for a long time , if it's about VA(s) parody ...


Behold! The ultimate combo deal!
***************************

(At the bar...)

Kyon: I don't know about you, but whichever powers-that-be who's Assigning god powers to humans should probably be fired! Who is the right mind would give "the one person who should be kept furthest away from the nuclear launch button" the ability to-

Yuuichi: Don't talk about god-like powers to me... Sometimes I have no idea what that girl is thinking... I mean, sure you have power to create miracles and all that, but you can't use it so recklessly everytime a perverted student president hits on your best friend-

Chrono: Please both of you, at least you have to deal with only ONE girl problem. I have to keep my anti-doomsday device from THREE reckless women... Who they themselves ARE practically the doomsday weapons-

Kyon: Oh? Can they create new Dimensions and kidnap you into them whenever they feel like it?

Yuuichi: Or call out demons which force you to give up many nights trying to subdue them?

Chrono: No, but they sure can give me tons of paper work and interdimensional Apology letters to write.

(Door opens...)

Mai: Yuuichi, Nayuki-san says it's time for dinner... Also, for tonight I can feel some of them in the gymnasium...

Nanoha: Chrono-kun! There you are! We've been so worried!

Acous: You're needed back at headquarters Lets just say Rein has another one of her 'OOPS!' moments...

Itsuki: So there you are... Suzumiya-san has been looking all over for you Something about visiting a military-

Kyon/Yuuichi/Chrono: Sigh...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 12:10   Link #248
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Celio: Commander? The representative from Mithril is here.
Hayate: Thank you, Celio. Please show her in. *looks back to the papers on her desk*
*Fate and Nanoha are standing next to her doing the same*
Tessa: Please excuse the interruption.
Hayate: *still looking* I keep telling you, Riin, you don't have to be so formal.
Rein: I didn't say that.
*The Three Aces look at her, blink, then look behind them*
Tessa: Ummm... hello?
Rein: Ah! Welcome to Riot 6!
Tessa: ... *stares wide eyed at the 6-inch tall Rein hovering in front of her*
*The Three Aces stare at the silver-haired Tessa, then at the silver-haired Rein, then back at Tessa*
You do a Tessa joke, and forget the ultimate connection?

*Office door slams open*

Signum: "TESTAROSSA!!"
Tessa: "Yes?"
Fate: "Signum?"
Hayate:

And I would wonder about the validity of Chaos2Frozen's scenario... I mean, wouldn't the dimensions have collapsed unto itself from all that Sugita awesomeness?

Mind if I add another Sugita to the mix?

Brooklyn "Bullet" Luckfield: Wow, I didn't know you three had such problems.
Kyon: Talk about it.
Yuuichi: You don't seem to have any problems with your girl Bullet. She's even kind enough to serve us drinks tonight.
Bullet: Wha...
Chrono: Yes, it looks quite interesting.
Kyon: Here's a toast to our headaches.
*Bullet watches in horror as all three put the drink glowing drink to their lips*
Bullet: DON'T DRINK THAT!!!
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-04-11 at 12:37.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 12:46   Link #249
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The 97th Non-Administered World
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You do a Tessa joke, and forget the ultimate connection?

*Office door slams open*

Signum: "TESTAROSSA!!"
Tessa: "Yes?"
Fate: "Signum?"
Hayate:
DOH!

Quote:
Mind if I add another Sugita to the mix?

Brooklyn "Bullet" Luckfield: Wow, I didn't know you three had such problems.
Kyon: Talk about it.
Yuuichi: You don't seem to have any problems with your girl Bullet. She's even kind enough to serve us drinks tonight.
Bullet: Wha...
Chrono: Yes, it looks quite interesting.
Kyon: Here's a toast to our headaches.
*Bullet watches in horror as all three put the drink glowing drink to their lips*
Bullet: DON'T DRINK THAT!!!
*meanwhile*

Shamal: It's true... the others are always critisizing my cooking.
Kusuha: Don't worry, Shamal. I'm not the best, but I can give you a few pointers...

Vita: Brrrr...!
Zafira: Vita, what's wrong?
Vita: I don't know. Just had a bad feeling, all of a sudden...
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 13:42   Link #250
Ruri
Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 22
As a girl, I can't help but feel a bit creeped out by some of the previous 'What If's. But I admit, they would be really funny...

Last edited by Ruri; 2007-04-11 at 13:47. Reason: grammar mistake
Ruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 16:28   Link #251
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
As a girl, I can't help but feel a bit creeped out by some of the previous 'What If's. But I admit, they would be really funny...
Better get used to them, cuz I believe (and hope) there will be more of them Btw: This thread is a no-no if you're in the library . I had tears of laughter and I almost burst out laughing in the middle of the stupid library. This is just too funny

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2007-04-11 at 16:39.
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 17:17   Link #252
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Limbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Off-Topic: This makes me wish that I had watched Full Metal Panic

On-Topic (Well, sort of): I've been wanting to pull this off for a long time , if it's about VA(s) parody ...


Behold! The ultimate combo deal!
***************************

(At the bar...)

Kyon: I don't know about you, but whichever powers-that-be who's Assigning god powers to humans should probably be fired! Who is the right mind would give "the one person who should be kept furthest away from the nuclear launch button" the ability to-

Yuuichi: Don't talk about god-like powers to me... Sometimes I have no idea what that girl is thinking... I mean, sure you have power to create miracles and all that, but you can't use it so recklessly everytime a perverted student president hits on your best friend-

Chrono: Please both of you, at least you have to deal with only ONE girl problem. I have to keep my anti-doomsday device from THREE reckless women... Who they themselves ARE practically the doomsday weapons-

Kyon: Oh? Can they create new Dimensions and kidnap you into them whenever they feel like it?

Yuuichi: Or call out demons which force you to give up many nights trying to subdue them?

Chrono: No, but they sure can give me tons of paper work and interdimensional Apology letters to write.

(Door opens...)

Mai: Yuuichi, Nayuki-san says it's time for dinner... Also, for tonight I can feel some of them in the gymnasium...

Nanoha: Chrono-kun! There you are! We've been so worried!

Acous: You're needed back at headquarters Lets just say Rein has another one of her 'OOPS!' moments...

Itsuki: So there you are... Suzumiya-san has been looking all over for you Something about visiting a military-

Kyon/Yuuichi/Chrono: Sigh...
Lol...What about Rin from "Shuffle!" ?
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:00   Link #253
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Lol...What about Rin from "Shuffle!" ?
I had thought about that... But minus the fact that I'm bias against him (For some obvious reasons), I didn't find any other characters from Shuffle that's in either SHnY, Kanon or StrikerS

And Sugita wasn't that good in Shuffle!
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:18   Link #254
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Btw why are some people calling it Riot Squad 6? I don't see how "kidou rokka" could be translated as that. kidou = mobile/mobility basically. Unless there is some official source that shows the English name they wanted for the group?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:27   Link #255
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
I wish I was joking, but it is officially "Lost Property Riot Force 6"

Quite a 'riot' actually
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:33   Link #256
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wish I was joking, but it is officially "Lost Property Riot Force 6"

Quite a 'riot' actually
Officially? They released an English name?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:41   Link #257
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
It's on the website's character page.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:06   Link #258
mist2123
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: M.U
Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wish I was joking, but it is officially "Lost Property Riot Force 6"

Quite a 'riot' actually
LOL i can imagine them roiting in front of a lost logia beating up each other (damn alot of riot force)
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:20   Link #259
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I think they just ran their Japanese thru Babelfish on that one

Lost Property has to be Lost Logia at the very least. And the police have Riot squads as well, and they handle ... riots... imagine that

Rioting KILLER ROBOTS!
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:20   Link #260
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's on the website's character page.
…you're right.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.